Author Topic: Sharebears 9.94: The End of This Journey (Completed 13 Mar 2020)  (Read 160361 times)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: Sharebears 5.49: If There's a Cure for This (8 August)
« Reply #345 on: August 08, 2018, 05:54:18 PM »
Go Team Omu!!
Hoping those Clement nooboos get the Father Winter trait!!
Loving the vampire lounge and the vampire presence in your family  :=)  I'm putting the whole burden on poor Lisee.  It's nice of you to actually spread the work around  ;=)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Sharebears 5.49: If There's a Cure for This (8 August)
« Reply #346 on: August 12, 2018, 04:59:28 AM »
@oshizu I might have suggested they "remove" the current farther winter from his position yeah haha

Maja's dark form looked vaguely like an early 200s teen movie villian, either Sharpay from Hsm or that girl from meangirls lmao

The boys are both adorable and they rolled such good traits but I think I'm still on team Negi

Also wow the real thief was Edameme all along at least now you can keep an eye on her
@wa-wa-world
I guess it's no surprise that every Father Winter looks pretty much the same. MCCC moved the "new one" into a house, so I evicted him and flagged him as "homeless."
Haha, I googled Sharpay Evans and you're right! Maja's dark form in all its pink glory and sunglasses reminds me of Sharpay, too!
I love how you choose a favorite even without knowing all the traits or teen aspiration. Lol, I'm exactly the same. It's all about the vibe!
Hmmm, I think it was Edamame since she's a kleptomaniac but do klepto ghosts swipe things? It's never happened with a klepto ghost before...

Go Team Omu!!
Hoping those Clement nooboos get the Father Winter trait!!
Loving the vampire lounge and the vampire presence in your family  :=)  I'm putting the whole burden on poor Lisee.  It's nice of you to actually spread the work around  ;=)
@PeregrineTook
Omu thanks you for your enthusiastic support!
It's been great fun having three vampires in the house--well, four, if we count Omu but he won't transform until his teen birthday.
What I don't enjoy about vampires is, of course, their vulnerability to sunlight.
Fortunately, Kirsten and Takuya have a resident trainer to speed up their journey to full sunlight resistance.
And, yes, I decided to work on the vampire aspirations concurrently because two of them take so long and my vampires won't be staying as long as Lisee will be staying. *winks

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Sharebears 5.50: Fangtasia
« Reply #347 on: August 12, 2018, 05:24:49 AM »

L to R: Negi (G6), Akito (G5 cadet spouse), Kirsten (G5 heir), Jaga (G4 heir),
           Takuya (Kirsten's spouse), Liv (G5 cadet), Mathias (G5, Jaga's third child), and Omu (G6)

Previously:
*Liv, Takuya, Kirsten, and Akito work hard at advancing their careers;
*Takuya becomes good friends with his five offspring then cures them all;
*Akita, Kirsten, and Takuya reach the last stage of their vampire aspirations.

5.50: Fangtasia

Week 16/Thursday (Spring 5)

It's me again, Kirsten. Today's another rainy day.
Today is yet another day off for me, the third in a row, in fact.
The others dash off to work soon after the birthday boys, Negi and Omu, get their makeovers.

The twins both have the Whiz Kid aspiration, which is untimely.
Even if they earn a B tomorrow, they can't earn an A until Monday.
They'll be enjoying scouting in the meantime, just like Matthias did.

Matthias and his friend-to-be are so sad, he almost loses the chance to befriend her.
When I checked his relationships, the only ghost I found there was Grandma Edamame.
Why is Matthias even mourning someone who died before his birth?

Grandma Edamame's sister Chacha and her husband Perry Green had four children, two of whom were boys.
Son Kenneth was a green-eyed brunette and this is his daughter, Marisol Green.

Lazy Marisol rejects Matthias present, giving him the Unappreciated Gift (Sad +1) moodlet.
It takes them hours to become friends!

Hopefully, outgoing Izabella will respond more graciously to his friendly overtures.
She's the daughter of Chacha and Perry's other son, the brown-eyed red-haired Hunter.

Izabella and Matthias are second cousins, sharing Benicio as their great-grandpa.
And Google claims none of the 50 states in the US ban second-cousin marriage.
But sorry, Matthias! Izabella is not for you!
She is so pretty, and the Gen8 and Gen9 Sharebears heirs will need spouses later on!

In the evening, we launch a massive school project session for Negi and Omu.
Akito discovers that, by assisting, he learns Rocket Science but not Parenting.
Liz and I learn that Papa's Patriarch skill doesn't influence skilling by school project.
Oh well, it never hurts to try, right?

Meanwhile, Matthias gets his birthday notice and insists he can cake up on his own.
But he looks a bit lonely over there by himself, doesn't he?
We didn't throw a party for any of the boys' birthdays today.
Papa, let's do something special for the three of them another day.

Matthias as a teen looks exactly like our father: same everything!
Besides being an art lover, he's now a dance machine and an aspiring Painter Extraordinaire.
Matthias could become a Master of the Real later, but Takuya's already in the Painter career.
That's why, later, I'm hoping Matthias will join the Entertainer career instead.

Liv: Arrrgh, Outdoor Enthusiast is the bane of my existence!
I'd been crafting camping mascots only to realize that I never had enough points for the Marketable trait.
So then I try mentoring Akito (who has Marketable) in handiness but guess what?
I don't even have enough points for the Mentor trait, either!

Liv: After some point-grubbing, I reach 1,300 satisfaction but I'm not buying Mentor.
Kirsten: But, you're the only one in the house who's family-oriented!

Liv: But why am I only Parenting 4 while you're Parenting 10?
I'm going to buy Marketable and help with Fabulous Wealthy and the Fortune category.
Kirsten: Okay, I'll go mentor Negi in Logic then. Could you finish Matthias' project?
Liv: …

Friday

In the wee hours, while casting a hallucination on Uncle Ikura, Takuya ranks up to Master Vampire.
Nice work, Takuya! You're the first in our legacy to complete a vampire aspiration.
Takuya: I'd been saving my points, too, so I can be fully sun-proof!

It's Love Day!
Papa invites Mama over to give her a romantic gift and a big smooch!
Liv leaves for work soon, but she invites Fiorella over to get the ball rolling.

Takuya: Since I'm off today, could I talk you into a home date while the boys are at school?
Kirsten: You'll probably need to twist my arm. And I've been thinking…
Takuya: Me, too. What do you think of having a third child?
Kirsten: You're a mind-reader! We'll need to wait until somebody moves out, though.

Kirsten: Yes, that's me beneath the beekeeper's veil.
Liv often mentions moving out after maxing her career and aspiration.
Not that I blame her, of course, but it means someone else must attend the bees.

I bond with the bees while Papa dates Mama, Takuya paints, and the others study or work.
As usual, our nanny remains a paragon of industry and diligence.
She's consistent, at least. *sighs

Akito: A promotion to Account Executive (Public Relations 7), and this is my second career!
I ask you: what would this household have done without me?
What's that you say? You want to know what the nanny is doing behind me?

She's obviously up to no good! I would have never taken her for a peeper, though.
By the way, I recently discovered that she's leader of the Private Club.
Naturally, I couldn't resist taking it over…

Negi: After we finish our extra credit, I give a Love Day's gift to Great-Uncle Ikura.
Instead of appreciating my gift, he gets mad. I don't understand.
Grams receives the same gift (a daisy) from Omu and she looks so happy!

Omu: Don't worry about it, Negi! That's not what's important, anyway.
What's important is we'll each get 500 satisfaction for earning gold on Love Day!

Akito: What had I been talking about? Oh right, how indispensable I've been!
I've been Kirsten's exclusive trainer and often train Takuya as well.
And I recently gave Mathias a dozen camping mascots that I'd crafted.
Not to mention that shameless shenanigan with the former Father Winter. *sniffs haughtily

I invite over darling Alexa because I have a surprise for her tonight.
But she has a surprise of her own. I'd completely forgotten that she hadn't transformed yet!

Alexa: A surprise for me? Oh, an engagement ring!
Akito: I'm sorry to have kept you wondering, but I wanted to propose on Love Day.
Alexa: Well, I'm not going to wait another week to get married, Akito. Let's elope NOW!

Akito: After checking Kirsten's work progress, I slip away for a special visit.
Yes, ladies and gentlemen, it's the moment we've all been waiting for.
This is my son Bronson Frost, a charmer. He resembles me quite a bit, wouldn't you agree?
A handsome little bloke!

And this Bronson's silly sister Brittany Frost, who doesn't resemble me at all.
In fact, she looks downright evil. And I assume that Clement Frost was formerly a redhead.
To the Sharebears' disappointment, neither child has the special trait.
To my disappointment, neither child is a born vampire.
Oh well, the Sharebears can try again with one of their own later!

Saturday

Kirsten: I'm feeling on top of the world tonight!
After three days off, I bring home a promotion to Pastry Chef.
And then I successfully negotiate a bonus.

Akito's efforts didn't result in a child with the special trait, but there's always next time.
And all of us in the legacy house are positively thriving.
In fact, I would even dare say that…

We are on fire!

As soon as Takuya and I get off work Saturday evening, we're all off to Granite Falls!
Liv: Finally!!! And Sunday is the first day of summer!

Legacy Score:  +1 (85 points)
Athletic (0): completed Vampire Family (missing 3 aspirations)
Fortune (1): $3,502,311/$3,500,000

Career Status
Liv: Botanist 8
Akito: Public Relations 7
Takuya: Patron of Arts 7
Kirsten: Chef 7
Matthias: Scouting 5, High School "A"
Negi: Scouting 3, Grade School "B"
Omu: Scouting 3, Grade School "B"

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: Sharebears 5.50: Fangtasia (12 August)
« Reply #348 on: August 12, 2018, 09:32:59 PM »
Boooo, no special trait. But she does look evil. I thought she was a vamp at first.

I love the family picture.

*snickers* The second cousin marriage thing!! LOL

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
  • Hi I'm Anna its nice to meet you
« Reply #349 on: August 13, 2018, 11:07:59 AM »
Wow it's nice Jaga has a clone, Mathias is cute!

I'm really loving Marisols bright green glasses, it sucks she didn't want to be friends initially though

Also Akito is a powerhouse he's already nearly done 2 careers! Awesome!
Gallery Id: Soda_Stealer

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #350 on: August 13, 2018, 03:05:59 PM »
Boooo, no special trait. But she does look evil. I thought she was a vamp at first.

I love the family picture.

*snickers* The second cousin marriage thing!! LOL
@sdhoey
Haha, too bad about the special trait. I was trying too hard, lol. My Sharebears and I haven't given up yet!
Yeah, I was sure that little girl must have the Fussy trait. She doesn't look silly at all to me.
As for the family shot, I figured out a way to slide a screenshot of my own choosing between the household shot in MyLibrary...
I never even actually understood what second cousins were until I started playing multi-gen Sims 4 challenges, lol.

Wow it's nice Jaga has a clone, Mathias is cute!

I'm really loving Marisols bright green glasses, it sucks she didn't want to be friends initially though

Also Akito is a powerhouse he's already nearly done 2 careers! Awesome!
@wa-wa-world
Poor Mathias is constantly sad. I'd be tempted to move him out, except that my Sharebears are a little behind careers-wise.
It took Mathias close to five hours to become friends with Marisol, because she was also feeling sad. She's a real cutie, though!
The other girl, Izabella, was also sad when she arrived but Mathias did the "Try to Cheer Up" social, which worked.
Why are all the sims in my game sad so much of the time?
Akito's the only one on his second career because he was a Level 10 Startup Entrepreneur when he moved in. I'll hate to see him go!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Sharebears 5.51: Granite (Epic) Fails
« Reply #351 on: August 13, 2018, 03:28:45 PM »

5.51: Granite (Epic) Fails

Week 16/Saturday (Spring 7)

Liv: I hope you don't mind if I narrate this update.
It's going to center around our trip to Granite Falls, so Kirsten's asked me to do it.
She works this weekend and won't be able to stay with us  there the whole time.

The twins have been in a great mood since morning, thanks to the sunny weather.

To everyone's surprise, Takuya earns a promotion to Level 8 Patron of the Arts in a single work day.
Apparently, Akito used his Public Relations perk to "represent" Takuya and give him a performance boost.
Of course, Takuya had also negotiated for a bonus that morning but still.

I'm not sure what Matthias's problem is.
He's had a permanent "Loss in the Family" (Sad +3) moodlet since he aged up to a toddler.
Thing is, the only ghost among his contacts is Grandma Edamame (who he's never met).
Our watcher is developing a mild dislike for Matthias and his constant moping.

Soon after Kirsten leaves for work at 8 pm, the rest of us leave for Granite Falls.
We arrive at our luxury lodging, but I drag everyone with me to the National Park.
I'm hoping to harvest a morel mushroom in the Deep Woods tonight.
That way, I simply need to harvest two plants--Chamomile and Toxic Chamomile--in the Campground Area tomorrow.

I can't help but feel that I've been supremely unlucky in Granite Falls.
Exactly two seasons have passed since my last visit here.
I'd been hoping that the weather might be a little more pleasant this time.
Is that too much to ask?

After summoning the others to the Deep Woods, I make a beeline to the hermit's rock garden.
There, an unexpected sight greets me.
Though summer starts tomorrow, the spring herbs aren't growing yet. AT.ALL.
You mean to say that even in-season plants won't sprout without our presence?

The hermit's garden planters greet me with the same pathetic plight.
The only plant thriving is the sage, since it blooms year-round.
Okay, so I need to wait out the 24-hour growth cycle of the morel and false morel mushrooms.
I can do that. That is, we can do that.

Negi: Grandpa, isn't "a vacation" when we go somewhere nice to have fun and relax?
Omu: Yeah, why did we come to this miserably wet and gloomy place?
Negi: We'd have a better time in sunny Brindleton Bay!
Omu: Or we could go fishing in Willow Creek or Oasis Springs instead, Grandpa!
Jaga: Sorry, boys, but your Auntie Liz needs to be here.

Liv: We have utterly and totally taken over the hermit's home, since the rain forces us indoors.

Negi: It's past 11 pm, Grandpa. Are you sure it's okay for us to eat on the hermit's bed?
Jaga: Well, the hermit isn't here right now.
Negi: Maybe he's sleepy but he can't come home because there's nowhere to sit or sleep anymore…

Liv: Kirsten had asked me to snap a photo of brother Matthias for our museum.
As usual, he is feeling sorry for himself. Moreover, he's feeling homesick to boot.
I still remember the morning of our first trip to Granite Falls on the last day of spring.
That was when Matthias aged up to a toddler with his Sad +3 moodlet which turned out to be permanent.

I'm so upset about having to wait 24 hours to harvest those mushrooms in this bad weather.
Will I need the repeat the same thing for the Chamomile and Toxic Chamomile plants?
I trudge off to a tent to sleep till tomorrow. *sighs

Week 17/Sunday (Summer 1)

Hermit: Hmmph, what's with all the sadness and tragic sighs?
This is my home and yet I can't even go to bed until 4 am because…tourists!

Liv: After waking up, I'm feeling more optimistic about being here.
Jaga: I should hope so. You're the only one of us with the Loves the Outdoors trait!

Liv: I feel so bad that Kirsten and Takuya, who work weekends, are missing promotions because they can't prepare for work properly.
Jaga: Everybody know this isn't your fault, Liv.
But please stay alert and harvest what you need as soon as they're available.

Monday

It's past 1 a.m., roughly 28 hours since we arrived at the Deep Woods Saturday night.
But I'm still not getting the option to harvest those dang mushrooms.
I'm going to give them until 5 am, then I need to take the family home…
At this point, we send Matthias home because, frankly, he's being a pain in the plumbob.

Oh right! With the new gardening system, all harvestables spawn at 5 a.m.!  Doh!
And yes, it's another rainy day.

From a garden planter, I harvest and identify a Chamomile plant. Yay!
The only plant to I need to identify now is Toxic Chamomile.

My heart bursts with hope as I return with the family to the Campground Area.
Nope. 
At least now I have a better idea about how to harvest that last herb most efficiently.
I should arrive for a 24-hour (growth) period that ends before 5 a.m.

After that horrid weather in Granite Falls, we return to rain and thunderstorms in the Bay.
I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it's like the foul weather followed us home.

Before work, I catch Uncle Ikura in the greenhouse talking to the plants.
I tell Kirsten immediately, worried that he might harvest our garden.
But he's only doing research. I guess?

Negi: Maaan, that was THE worst weekend, evah!
Omu: I hear you, bro. There went two days of our childhood that we can never get back!
Negi: At least we earned our Outdoor Adventurers badge for scouting.
Omu: Eh, we could have done that at our nearby beach.

Negi: The best news is that we got A's today, so we're done with Whiz Kid!
Omu: Yep, yep. And we're never going back to grade school!

Matthias (from the foyer): Why is Mama making so much noise in the other room?
Liv: Matthias, quick! You need to remove Mama from your club so she can go home!
Matthias: Done, but why?

Kirsten: Wow, I didn't even know Mama was pregnant again. When did that happen, Papa?
Jaga: Um, I'm blaming Love Day!

This evening, I earn a promotion to Level 9 Bouquet Biologist.
I'm so close to maxing my Botanist career yet still so far from finishing Outdoor Enthusiast.
Matthias and twins are A students who all have birthdays in three days (on Thursday).

I'm pretty sure I have a fail-proof plan for harvesting that last herb.
"Fail-proof? Hah, that's rich! It's going to take me an entire year to complete my aspiration!

Chapter Notes
*Future Sharebears who roll Outdoor Enthusiast will be moved out on their teen birthday.
*Matthias and his permanent Loss of Family moodlet must be a glitch.
*I hope all my mistakes with Outdoor Enthusiast will profit other Sharebears.
  I've surely made every mistake possible with this aspiration. Grrrr!
*Useful Tip:
 Before identifying an unidentified herb, move all but one of them to another sim's inventory.
  You want to move them to someone who's never identified those herbs, like a toddler or a child.
  Back home, you can move the kid's unidentified herbs to a storage chest where they'll remain
  "unidentified" for a future Outdoor Enthusiast.
*I don't know about other simmers, but my sims' post-Season days are invariably bad weather.
  My next multi-gen challenge, my sims might have to live in Oasis Springs or Windenburg…
*At Granite Falls, my sims stay at "Bear Cabin," a Gallery creation by LadyMartita.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
  • Hi I'm Anna its nice to meet you
Re: Sharebears 5.51: Granite Fails (13 August)
« Reply #352 on: August 13, 2018, 03:58:33 PM »
Woo I'm excited for Maja and Jaga's (Probably) final nooboo!

It sounds like poor Matthias needs a moodlet solver, or maybe even a whole bunch of them poor lil guy

It sucks that the weather in granite falls was such a washout especially for the boys but oh well at least Liv almost finished her aspiration

Great job as always!
Gallery Id: Soda_Stealer

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Sharebears 5.51: Granite Fails (13 August)
« Reply #353 on: August 13, 2018, 04:22:09 PM »
@wa-wa-world
I'll have to try your idea of giving a moodlet solver to Matthias. I'd just assumed that he would be a forever-sad sim.

Nooooo, I did a thoroughly horrific job at Granite Falls during that last trip!
Liv arrived at the Deep Woods on Sat around 8:30 pm because I'd completely forgotten that plants only spawn everyday at 5 a.m.
She should have arrived at 4:30 am on Sunday morning; she would have spared whole family 8 hours of rainy misery in the Deep Woods.
And Kirsten probably would have earned her Level 9 promotion. So yeah, I learned a lot about how Granite Falls (don't) work during that trip, lol. *whinge, whinge, whinge

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
Re: Sharebears 5.51: Granite (Epic) Fails (13 August)
« Reply #354 on: August 14, 2018, 04:23:39 AM »
You're cursed with outdoor enthousiast. Poor Liv. :-\
The hermit should really get a guest room. Everyone is always inviding him.

The weather seems terrible everywhere you go. Are your sharebears serials bad singers to cause so much rain?

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #355 on: August 14, 2018, 12:36:44 PM »
Poor Liv with her aspiration!  At least you are getting it done, and Liv will know she made a big contribution to the Legacy.  Woe be to any future Sharebear who rolls Outdoor Enthusiast!  They will get shown the door so fast their head will spin.  On the other hand, I really appreciate the research you've done on this and all the advice you've given.  The main take-away for me, at least, is that I need to get Outdoor Enthusiast done before I add Seasons to my game. 

I wish they would fix the glitch or "feature" or whatever it is that makes sims mourn everyone they ever met for a full 2 days.  It's especially hard for Legacy founders and anyone who has done Friend of the World.  I have actually found myself trying to AVOID having my sims say hello to townies when they are out and about.  It sounds like poor Matthias has a true glitch, though.  Did the moodlet solver work for him?

Negi and Omu are both super cute!  I enjoy every screenshot they are in.  I hope the sun will come out for them on their days off from school!

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #356 on: August 14, 2018, 08:53:32 PM »
Dang, how you're feeling with Outdoor Enthusiast is how I felt about doing Party Animal. Never, ever again. Ever. Ditto on the bad weather over here, we've mostly had rainy days regardless of season in Brindleton Bay. Waiting on winter but the gloomy summer and fall we had was just...yeah, I'm thinking of buying that weather changing machine just for a change of pace. Negi and Omu are super cute and thank you, Liv, for trying to complete one of the most awful aspirations out there. Mathias needs to buck up- at least he isn't required to do a difficult, tedious aspiration. How far behind on careers are you? Being a vampire, Akito could contribute to the career shortage by himself, given that he'll never age and die. So long as he's not doing a career path he's already done, he can help for a long time. Good luck!

My Gen 3 are kids, nearly teens, so I'm excited to get their stuff up in the next few weeks. We have two kids who are Sharebears through and through and one who has the coloring but is otherwise her dad.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #357 on: August 15, 2018, 06:15:20 AM »
Catching up is fun, now I have been hiding in other projects lately.
Negi and Omu are still just adorable.
But feeling sad for Liv, and her watcher, all that trouble with one aspiration. I need to plan for that one too i see.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #358 on: August 17, 2018, 03:37:42 AM »
You're cursed with outdoor enthousiast. Poor Liv. :-\
The hermit should really get a guest room. Everyone is always inviding him.

The weather seems terrible everywhere you go. Are your sharebears serials bad singers to cause so much rain?
@Tynynounours
Haha, I know, right? Liv's really been cursed with bad weather in Granite Falls.
I totally agree with you about the hermit. That needs to be a bigger lot so the hermit can add a guesthouse!
There's nowhere to go and very little to do in the Deep Woods during a rainstorm.
Yeah, the weather's been consistently awful in my game. It's sad. :(

Poor Liv with her aspiration!  At least you are getting it done, and Liv will know she made a big contribution to the Legacy.  Woe be to any future Sharebear who rolls Outdoor Enthusiast!  They will get shown the door so fast their head will spin.  On the other hand, I really appreciate the research you've done on this and all the advice you've given.  The main take-away for me, at least, is that I need to get Outdoor Enthusiast done before I add Seasons to my game. 

I wish they would fix the glitch or "feature" or whatever it is that makes sims mourn everyone they ever met for a full 2 days.  It's especially hard for Legacy founders and anyone who has done Friend of the World.  I have actually found myself trying to AVOID having my sims say hello to townies when they are out and about.  It sounds like poor Matthias has a true glitch, though.  Did the moodlet solver work for him?

Negi and Omu are both super cute!  I enjoy every screenshot they are in.  I hope the sun will come out for them on their days off from school!
@BallerinaHippo
Yes, poor Liv! But she gets nearer to being done, one day at a time. She's been a trooper about it.
I also hope that mourning glitch gets fixed. How sad that your sims have to avoid meeting new sims.
Sadly, it was not fixed in yesterday's patch... *mourns for 2 days (Sad +10)
As for Matthias, when I reloaded the game, his Loss in the Family moodlet was gone. *crosses fingers
Ugh, the darn weather!

Dang, how you're feeling with Outdoor Enthusiast is how I felt about doing Party Animal. Never, ever again. Ever. Ditto on the bad weather over here, we've mostly had rainy days regardless of season in Brindleton Bay. Waiting on winter but the gloomy summer and fall we had was just...yeah, I'm thinking of buying that weather changing machine just for a change of pace. Negi and Omu are super cute and thank you, Liv, for trying to complete one of the most awful aspirations out there. Mathias needs to buck up- at least he isn't required to do a difficult, tedious aspiration. How far behind on careers are you? Being a vampire, Akito could contribute to the career shortage by himself, given that he'll never age and die. So long as he's not doing a career path he's already done, he can help for a long time. Good luck!

My Gen 3 are kids, nearly teens, so I'm excited to get their stuff up in the next few weeks. We have two kids who are Sharebears through and through and one who has the coloring but is otherwise her dad.
@dontmindme
I've given up waiting for the seasonal weather to play nice! *rolls up shirt sleeves
Yeah, Liv has carried a heavy load. I'm going to let her move out as soon as she's done with Outdoor Enthusiast.
She can live with her partner and their two kids in the eternally-sunny Oasis Springs.
Regarding careers, I fell behind in Gen3. I only finished 2 careers during Gen3 while doing the 10-kids-in-one-gen thing, because the only adults in the house were the parents.
I've done a mini-summary of the remaining careers at the end of my next update.
Hurry and get your updates posted!!! I can't wait to meet your Gen2 heir's household, both her spouse and their kids!
Dang, your Gen3 kids are almost teens already? You're close to ready for another heir vote!

Catching up is fun, now I have been hiding in other projects lately.
Negi and Omu are still just adorable.
But feeling sad for Liv, and her watcher, all that trouble with one aspiration. I need to plan for that one too i see.
@LenaLJ
Thank you for reading! I hope everything is going well with you!
Yes, I quite love these little boys. I'm enjoying planning their future adventures, too.
When Liv rolled Outdoor Enthusiast, I hadn't thought through at all how that aspiration would be affected by seasons.
It's been a learning experience, for sure. Ugh!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Sharebears 5.52: Indoor Retreat
« Reply #359 on: August 17, 2018, 03:54:09 AM »

Another great day for enjoying outdoor activities!

5.52: Indoor Retreat

Week 17/Monday

Liv: When I'm back from work at 6, we leave for Granite Falls.
Kirtsen stays home since she works from 8 tonight.

First things first. I figure out how we can squeeze in 24 hours so I can harvest Toxic Chamomile.
It's simpler now since the kids are done with this school this week.
Still, I'm juggling four distinct work schedules and want to avoid missed promotions!

The best approach, I think, will be to spend two 12-hour vacations in here.
That will give us time to go home and prepare for work, too.

The ever-mournful Matthias heads straight to a sofa, prepared to drink a moodlet solver.
Ironically, his "Loss in the Family" moodlet is finally gone.
But life is never smooth for Matthias, who feels tense from the thunderstorms instead.

The twins continue with Artistic Prodigy, which they'd just started at home.
They too are scared of the thunder and lightning.

As you know, unlike human sims, vampires can't build skills when staying at home.
That's why Akito has come along with us to Granite Falls.
There's not much for us to do here in such bad weather, so I offer to mentor him in logic.
I'm happy that Akito and I have finally become good friends.

Matthias needs four more masterpieces to complete his first aspiration, Painter Extraordinaire.
He paints on, despite frequent and inappropriate invitations from our cougar nanny.
Why does she invite Matthias to dinner at Newcrest when we're on a family vacation?
And, hello? He's still a teenager!

Lifting my gaze from Akito for a moment, I notice the forest ranger.
Looks like he got struck by lightning.
Why doesn't he stay indoors on a night like this?

And here I was thinking that nobody could be unluckier than me in Granite Falls.
Is it wrong of me to laugh a little on the inside?

Realizing that nobody's safe from the bad weather, I decide to take matters into my own hands.
Well, not literally "my own hands," since I've never completed Nerd Brain and can't insta-upgrade.
Rather, I beseech our watcher to buy a weather machine to place in this rental's basement.
Then I persuade Papa to insta-upgrade it, not that he needs much convincing.

We were really trying not to go the weather machine route. *sighs
But, whatever, we'll definitely never be changing the seasons…

Why the basement if the weather machine needs to influence the skies, you ask?
We've seen the climbing treadmill, stereos, and other electrical appliances get wrecked in the rain.
We didn't want the rain to make the weather machine short-circuit as well.
Hey, looks like Papa has succeeded in changing the weather!

Clear skies in Granite Falls, at last!
You'd think the owners of this vacation resort would make more of an effort!
I mean, who in their right mind would visit a resort where it constantly rains and storms?

So much time and energy to enjoy nice vacation weather. Sheesh!
Why can't the weather be pleasant by default?

Tuesday

As soon as Kirsten gets off work, she joins us at Granite Falls.
Everyone notices that she's wearing a new career uniform.
I'm secretly relieved--this had been her third shift as a Level 8 Sous Chef.

A little past 5 am, I glance out to the nearest (toxic) chamomile plant.
Guess what? It's all ready to harvest, though we've spent less than 12 hours in the Campground Area.
Do you hear me complaining? Nope!
Does our watcher understand the timing of herbal growth in Granite Falls? Nope.

I finally harvest and identify a Toxic Chamomile plant, completing Milestone III.
That only took 2.5 seasons.
Uh oh, none of my previously captured insects have registered. That's weird!
Grandma Edamame could count all the bugs she caught or swiped before reaching Milestone IV!

We leave for home immediately.
Arriving back home causes all my previously-caught insects to register. That's a relief!
Both twins are Llamacorn Scouts now and close to finishing Artistic Prodigy.

And since we're back from Granite Falls, Kirsten will resume narrating. Take it away, sis!

Kirsten: My husband Takuya brings home another promotion. Only one more level left.
He and Matthias have been struggling to complete Painter Extraordinaire.
They both have the Marketable and Creative Visionary rewards.
Yet it's taking them forever to paint five masterpieces each.
(I'm sure getting dragged to Granite Falls didn't help either…)

Akito had started a campaign to represent Liv this morning but he had to leave for work.
When he gets home, he resumes that campaign to promote her job performance.
Congrats on your promotion today, Akito!

Meanwhile, the twins have completed Artistic Prodigy and start on Social Butterfly.
They're going to make their adult friends by getting mentored, which is our usual m.o.
Uncle Hakuto or Akito for Logic, and Uncle Ikura for Violin.

Omu: A shout-out to my girl Roisin, even though her watcher likes Negi better!
I take a page outta your book, Ro, and give Izabella Green a gift of simoleons.
And, whaddya know?
The gift tipped us into the friend zone (in a good way since I'm still a kid)!

Akito never completes his campaign to represent Liv in time cuz his computer breaks down..
He's canceled that campaign, though, since Liv's so close to maxing Botanist now.
Instead, he's started a new campaign for Takuya.

By the way, Liv discovers that our 8 money trees are all normal or nice quality.
They were planted by Grandpa Jaxton. Have you never fertilized them, Liv?

Kirsten: I use various means to keep my sister awake until her energy drops into the red zone.
We don't want her waking up before getting a full night's sleep now, do we?
Happy tent sleeping, Liv!
Liv: *mumble, grumble

Wednesday

Omu: When I'm about to finish Social Butterly, a weird thing happens.
This little red ghost appears out of nowhere and throws up, right next to my feet. Ewww!

Jaga: Nooo, don't scare him away! That's my ole pet, Ragnar the Raccoon!
I brought his gravestone here from our cemetery the other day. *mops up the vomit

Omu: Why is he red, Grandpa?
Jaga: He's angry, Omu. Ragnar, don't you go bothering Negi's friend!
Tell me what's wrong.

Negi: Are you sure giving him catnip is safe, Omu?
Omu: Yeah, Grandpa says Ragnar isn't feeling well and should go to the vet.
Negi: Can we even take a ghost pet to the vet?
Omu: Even if we could, we can't tonight. Auntie Liv is doing her tent sleeping thing, remember?

Negi: What can we do for a sick ghost pet, Grandpa?
Jaga: I don't know, Negi. I bought an exam table but I can't treat Ragnar.
Omu: Is Ragnar always going to be sick when he visits?
Jaga: Good question…Poor Ragnar! Unlucky in both life and death!

Household Career Stats
Jaga (6 days to elder, Gen4 heir): Politician 10 (retired)
Liv (12 days to adult): Gardener/Botanist 9
Akito (YA vampire): Startup Entrepreneur 10; Public Relations 8
Takuya (YA vampire): Patron of Arts 9
Kirsten (YA vampire, Gen5 heir): Chef 9
Matthias (1 day to YA): Scouting 5
Negi (1 day to teen): Scouting 5
Omu (1 day to teen): Scouting 5

Overall Career Stats
*When Kirsten/Takuya and Liv/Akito max their current careers, we'll have done:
  - 20 out of 23 careers (missing Critic, Entertainer, Secret Agent)
  - 23 out of 37 career branches (missing a bunch!)
*Kirsten and Liv's younger brother Matthias will handle one career, leaving 13 careers.
*Vampires Kirsten/Takuya can each do a second career, leaving 11 careers for the last 4 generations.
  Or, they can have a vampire daughter who does 1 career, leaving 12 careers.

Final Thoughts on Seasons + Outdoor Enthusiast
If you don't want to change seasons:
*Go to Granite Falls in spring to harvest/store unidentified versions of all 8 plants.
*Return in summer to do the same thing for Chamomile/Toxic Chamomile.
* Store the unidentified herbs until you roll Outdoor Enthusiast.
*If you've stored all 10 herbs in their unidentified state, the rest of Outdoor Enthusiast   can be completed any season except winter.
If you don't mind changing seasons:
*Just use the weather control machine to switch to summer, then take your Outdoor Enthusiast sim to Granite Falls.
*In summer, all 10 herbs can be both harvested and identified.