Author Topic: Sharebears 9.94: The End of This Journey (Completed 13 Mar 2020)  (Read 162744 times)

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
  • Hi I'm Anna its nice to meet you
Re: Sharebears 5.52: Indoor Retreat (17 August)
« Reply #360 on: August 17, 2018, 06:23:15 PM »
Poor Mathias, I guess some sims just aren't meant to be okay? I hope he gets a happy ending lol

Wow that ranger must be really dedicated to his job if he's surveying the forrest in a storm, doesn't he know the worst place to stand in a thunderstorm is under a tree?

Also How did you get Akito to start a PR campaign for Liv, is it a career perk?

And finally awh Omu knows about Roisins bribery techniques, I like him a little more now lmao

Great update as always I really like the decoration shots you sometimes do at the tops of updates they're cool

Gallery Id: Soda_Stealer

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Sharebears 5.52: Indoor Retreat (17 August)
« Reply #361 on: August 19, 2018, 01:54:29 AM »
Poor Mathias, I guess some sims just aren't meant to be okay? I hope he gets a happy ending lol

Wow that ranger must be really dedicated to his job if he's surveying the forrest in a storm, doesn't he know the worst place to stand in a thunderstorm is under a tree?

Also How did you get Akito to start a PR campaign for Liv, is it a career perk?

And finally awh Omu knows about Roisins bribery techniques, I like him a little more now lmao

Great update as always I really like the decoration shots you sometimes do at the tops of updates they're cool
@wa-wa-world
I'm not sure why things don't go well for Matthias. Liv hasn't been so lucky, either, lol.
Poor forest ranger--it made me feel better to know that someone was having worst luck than my sims, hehe.
Starting a PR campaign to boost work performance is from the Social Media/Public Relations career's Level 5 "Represent Friend" option.
At Level 10, Akito can represent anyone, friend or not.
I love that animation of giving a gift of simoleons! I'd probably have a heart attack, though, if someone gave me $1,000 to be their friend, lol.
Thanks for noticing those top images. I noticed other bloggers were using "special" images as their first one because they show up in the Wordpress Reader's thumbnails.
So I started doing it, too. It's kinda fun.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Sharebears 5.53: Our Own Fairytale
« Reply #362 on: August 19, 2018, 01:55:24 AM »

5.53: Our Own Fairytale

Week 17/Wed

Kirsten: The sight of Ragnar the raccoon, angry and diseased, breaks Papa's heart.
Maybe bringing Ragnar's gravestone here wasn't the best idea?

While pondering Ragnar's situation, Papa calls Mama over to take over mentoring duties.
She hardly looks old enough to be a mother of four with two soon-to-be-teen grandkids!

Takuya shares vampire knowledge and ancient lore with Omu to build his vampire lore skill.
There's just one thing we can't figure out.
Does Omu's vampire rank benefit more from learning vampire lore after he's a vampire?

Around 7 am, Liv wakes up after a full night's sleep in her tent. Only four more nights to go!
Today is her adult birthday, so she runs inside out of the rain and drinks a Potion of Youth.

The weather certainly insists on giving us a lot of foul weather.
Takuya upgraded our never-used weather control machine last night.
So Liv gives it a whirl to bring back the sunny skies. I mean, it's summer, isn't it?

Amidst all the fuss about vampire powers and Liv's herbs, I make a startling discovery.
I've never properly introduced myself to our butler, Tetsu Ishikawa.
It seems rather a shame that such a handsome fellow should be doomed to a solitary life.
(But what would we do without him? Sorry, Tetsu!)

In the evening, Liv returns home triumphantly, a Level 10 Ph.D. of Pollen!
Sadly, the weather takes a turn for the worse JUST as she comes home. (Coincidence?)
As Liv breaks her umbrella in the thunderstorm, I dash to the weather control machine.
Talk about cursed! Go change your umbrella, Liv!

Negi (green): Mama says you went time-traveling when you were our age.
Omu (grey): Yes, Grandpa, we'd like to hear all about your adventure!
Jaga: Well, it's a pretty long story, boys. Are you sure you're ready for it?

Omu: Of course, we are, Grandpa! We'll be teens tomorrow morning.
Negi: Yes, who knows? We might need to be ready for an adventure, right?
Jaga: Well, I'll be moving out soon, so I don't mind telling you our story, boys.

Omu: "Our" story, Grandpa? Like you and your brothers?
Jaga: No, of course not. My adventure revolves around your grandmother.

Jaga: Your Grandma Maja expressed it so well last Friday on Love Day!
When she gave me a rose as a Love Day gift, she attached a short message.
Negi: A message, Grandpa? What did it say?

It's more of a card with a message, actually. I carry it with me always.
Here, you can read it yourselves. It says:
Every day we share together, we create our own fairy tale.
I look forward to our happily ever after.

Negi: Why is that boat in the picture, Grandpa?
Jaga: That's what makes our story a long one. *gets a faraway look in his eyes

Jaga: I wonder how much your mother has shared with you about our family's history.
Your Great-Grandma Edamame and husband Jaxton had/adopted 10 kids.
My brothers and I are triplets. We were the very last three kids of our generation.

One day, we left for grade school but ended up in odd clothes in an unfamiliar place.
In fact, we'd traveled nearly 2,000 years back in time to somewhere in what is now Scandinavia.
And that is when I first met my beloved Maja and her twin brother Magnus.

Their parents needed to move them somewhere safer before leaving to go a-viking.
When we arrived, they were dressed in battle gear and had us help them move to a more secluded spot.

Negi: Is that when you and Maja knew you'd be together forever?
Jaga: Heavens, no. My brothers and I were all heir candidates. Each of us wanted to be with Maja.

After they were done moving, Magnus and Maja tried to talk us into staying.
They felt lonely there, no doubt, since their parents would be away at sea for several months.
My brothers and I hadn't even finished our aspirations yet, though. We were still B students.
But before we could share our decision, we were suddenly whisked back to the present.

Back home, we became busy with our lives again.
We graduated from grade school, became teenagers, and started high school.

At the time, our legacy had eight aspirations left to do.
So my brothers and I tackled three out of those eight.
I adopted two wonderful pets to do Friend of the Animals.

I also bought and renovated a vet clinic named Fifty Shades of Spay.
Everyone in the household worked there together and we eventually bought every single perk.
Omu: So you never traveled back to visit Grandma Maja?
Negi: What happened to her?

Jaga: Have you ever met our watcher, boys?
Our watcher waited until Maja and her brother Magnus were teens like us.
Then, she traveled to the twins' home and brought them back to our time.
We ended up attending the same high school for a while.

As soon as I learned I'd been chosen the Gen4 heir, I kicked up my friendship with Maja several notches.
When we visited Selvadorada for Hakuto's Jungle Explorer aspiration, I invited her along.
We were best friends in no time, though she was slightly older than me (in brown).

Maja and I were married not longer after I became a young adult and the official heir.
Among four generations of Sharebears, Maja and I were the first to throw a wedding party.
Imagine that!
I wanted the celebration of our marriage to be a gala event for Maja's sake.

After Maja joined the household, our generation went on to max 4 unique aspirations.
And our generation was the first to max four unique careers, even with the vet clinic.
Along the way, Maja also gave birth to your mother, Auntie Liv, Uncle Matthias, and quite recently Uncle Ronan (who's still a toddler).
Maja and I have enjoyed a wonderful life.

Omu (whispers): Pssst, Negi. Why are they dressed like maids?
Negi (whispers back): Dunno, Omu. You think it's something kinky?

Jaga: So, you see, boys, all that's left for me is to move out to live again with my lovely wife.
And that will be our happily ever after. The End.

Negi: Thanks for sharing your story with us, Grandpa.
Omu: Yeah, it was cool to learn about our family's history.
Jaga: Well, it's getting late. You two better change to your pajamas and go to bed!

Negi: Do you think Grandpa's memory is fading, Omu?
Omu: Yeah, I don't know why he told us to go to bed. We're not toddlers anymore!
Negi: Right! We're in the legacy club. We can just rally the troops, except not Auntie Liv!

Omu: Maybe Grandpa meant that if we don't sleep, we won't dream?
Negi: Oooh, I hadn't thought of that! We could maybe take a short nap, then?

Omu: Yo Negi! Why are we standing in front of a prison in the middle of the night?
Negi: Yeah, we're both here so we can't be dreaming but why are we in our PJs. Is this some kind of joke?

Legacy score: Unchanged
Nature (0): maxed Botanist career

Lots
"Thorsdottir" by SACROSLASH5 (Gallery, 30x20)
"Walking Dead Prison" by ruthless_kk (Gallery, 50x50)

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: Sharebears 5.53: Our Own Fairytale (18 August)
« Reply #363 on: August 19, 2018, 12:20:37 PM »
Hmm...are the LeBlanc's in prison?  Curious minds want to know!

Congrats to Liv on making it through a whole night sleeping in the tent.   ;D

I enjoyed the review of Jaga and Maja's romance.  They are still a sweet couple.

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
« Reply #364 on: August 19, 2018, 04:22:58 PM »
Oooh I can't wait to see what happens next!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #365 on: August 23, 2018, 08:20:21 AM »
Izabella Green.  How lovely that you're already planning for my doppleganger's lovely granddaughter to marry into the Sharebear line :=)  I'm assuming she'll be a vampire for a while.  I'm so proud  :=)
Glad to be caught back up!!  I've missed a lot!  Granite Fails was an excellent title, by the way  ;=)
Glad to see Omu is still awesome and I'm looking forward to seeing what dream-induced adventures come their way as they do the Jailhouse Rock  ;=)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #366 on: August 24, 2018, 08:51:58 PM »
Oh my goodness!  I've missed so much!  I have so many thoughts lol, but it would take far too long to say all that I've loved.  So suffice it to say that I absolutely love all that's gone on.  I still don't know how you managed to keep all the mechanics straight and work out the math to so many things XD I can't keep things straight to save my life.

I love both boys and I don't know how I'm going to choose when it comes to the heir vote!  But I'm super excited to see how it goes in the prison!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #367 on: August 26, 2018, 01:49:00 AM »
Hmm...are the LeBlanc's in prison?  Curious minds want to know!
Congrats to Liv on making it through a whole night sleeping in the tent.   ;D
I enjoyed the review of Jaga and Maja's romance.  They are still a sweet couple.
@BallerinaHippo
I hope this next update satisfies your curiosity...somewhat. Still some holes left to fill.
Arrgh, stupid tent sleeping!
I hope the retrospects aren't boring. I completely forgot to do them for Gen2 Benicio and Gen3 Edamame.
But I'd like to look back at the contributions of each generation.  Things happen so quickly on short lifespan.

Oooh I can't wait to see what happens next!
@wa-wa-world
It took me so long to figure out how I wanted to put this next update together, but it was fun putting it together.
There's a typo in the text message but I'm not doing it over, LOL.

Izabella Green.  How lovely that you're already planning for my doppleganger's lovely granddaughter to marry into the Sharebear line :=)  I'm assuming she'll be a vampire for a while.  I'm so proud  :=)
Glad to be caught back up!!  I've missed a lot!  Granite Fails was an excellent title, by the way  ;=)
Glad to see Omu is still awesome and I'm looking forward to seeing what dream-induced adventures come their way as they do the Jailhouse Rock  ;=)
@PeregrineTook
Haha, Izabella Green is quite a lovely little girl, isn't she? And yes, we learned from MarianT/reggikko that vampirism is useful for preserving future spouses!
The Jailhouse Rock was much, much harder to pull off than I'd initially anticipated. 
My possibilities are limited by not only my dull imagination but also game mechanics and game objects. I'm trying not to add any more cc than I already have.

Oh my goodness!  I've missed so much!  I have so many thoughts lol, but it would take far too long to say all that I've loved.  So suffice it to say that I absolutely love all that's gone on.  I still don't know how you managed to keep all the mechanics straight and work out the math to so many things XD I can't keep things straight to save my life.

I love both boys and I don't know how I'm going to choose when it comes to the heir vote!  But I'm super excited to see how it goes in the prison!
@Shewolf13
Thank you so much for reading! I'm glad to see you're back to your RKC prologue! *waves Blakely banner proudly
I keep track of mechanics by adding extra worksheet pages to HillieE's wonderful legacy scoresheet.
Only four more generations to get things done now, so I need to make them count, right?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Sharebears 5.54: Orange U Glad to See Us?
« Reply #368 on: August 26, 2018, 01:53:58 AM »

5.54: Orange U Glad to See Us?

Week 17/Thursday

Takuya: Negi! Omu! We just got your birthday notices, so come over here and blow out your candles!
Negi: Whoa, what's the big rush, Papa?
Kirsten: Akito leaves for work in a half hour, so we want to give you makeovers before he's out the door.
Takuya: Or, you could go without makeovers until this evening…
Omu: We're on our waaaayyyyy!

Kirsten: Since Omu's a born vampire, I switched his hair to white as a toddler and child.
To our delightful surprise, he aged up to a teen with white hair on his own.
The bigger surprise, though, is that Negi looks just like his father except his hair color.

Negi: You're gonna think I'm nuts, but I had the weirdest dream last night. You were in it, too.
Omu: Get outta here! I had a strange dream about us last night, too!
Negi: Nooo! Were we standing outside a prison in your dream?
Omu: Right! In our PJs, even! What was that all about, anyway?

Negi: I don't know, but it's like I didn't get a wink of sleep last night! I need a nap!
Omu: Yeah, I could use a siesta, too! I'm practically brain-dead! Rally the Troops won't even cut it!

Meanwhile, in a very different time and place…

Amanda: Ugh, I can't believe that nobody believes that we were set up.
Celeste: I know, right? And we can't even publish our memoirs later cuz it's already been done.
Amanda: Hey, I didn't know the government put teens in minimum-security prisons.
Celeste: Some kind of processing error, maybe? We should be in juvie, right?
Amanda: But it's been a couple of months now, I think. I've lost all track of time!

Celeste: Hey, officer? Is there a reason why we can't keep these things we've been crafting?
Amanda: Duh, obvious! The prison sells them for extra profit…
Celeste (whispers): About that weird lady who's been visiting us every week, she's coming today, right?

Well, darn! Why did I have I have to go switch prison lots?
This one's roof presents a huge challenge! There's just that little uncovered space around the sign above the front door.
Also, now that Omu's a vampire, we'll need to be careful with timing.
The original plan will still work, though!

Amanda (in orange): Celeste and I appreciate you sending us so many books and prison-approved care packages!
Have you both been receiving the commissary checks, too?
Amanda: Those have been really great, too. But what we really want is to go home. Why are we here?
Our priority is getting you and your sister back home. Your other questions will need to wait.
Have you been doing like I told you?

Amanda: Yeah, to the letter. By the way, how did you even know we were here?

Negi (traveling to yoga center): So, how do you get out of leveling your wellness?
Omu: Hey, you read our watcher's text message. She said I didn't have to do it, only you.
Negi: Seems unfair…
Omu: Well, on the bright side, I'm here with you in solidarity! *grins

Negi: You have any idea what "the project" is?
Omu: All I know is what our watcher's group text said.  It's gonna be hard to wait until 8, yeah?

There are you, boys! Right on time!
Omu: I appreciate your waiting until after dark. I don't have any sunlight resistance, so…
Negi: Hey, what's that duffle bag overflowing with cash? Is that for us?
Sorry to disappoint, but the cash is mine. Your family's rich enough--you don't need it.
There's other stuff inside for you two, though. You'll need to go undercover and… *whispers

Omu: Now that we've teleported to a different world, remind me again…exactly how did she talk us into this?
Negi: Not sure, bro. We started out agreeing to the "save the princesses" part and then…
Omu: Oh well, it should all be over soon. You ready to head over?
Negi: Ready as I'll ever be. Dang, if it weren't for our disguises, I'd say this is going to be a blast!

Do I hear somebody complaining? The prison is co-ed, you know.
If you prefer, you can sneak in as male prisoners and fight your way over to the…

Omu: Nooooo, we're just fine, thank you. *glares at Negi

Amanda: You must be Negi and Omu. I'm Amanda and this is my twin sister Celeste.
Celeste: Took you two long enough! Why do you we even need your help, anyway?
Amanda: Yeah, we can teleport and we know where the rendezvous point is and…

Negi: Well, good evening to you, too, ladies.
Omu: Eh, you believe you can break out of here without our help? *glances at Omu

Negi: My brother Omu and I just put every single popo in this prison out of commission.
Omu: We don't enjoy dressing like this, but we've done all we could to ensure your safe escape.
Negi: Anyway, our watcher told us that you two could use some help so here we are.
Omu: Yep, at your service! *bows gracefully

Celeste: Sorry, guys. Amanda and I have had a REALLY bad few months.
Amanda: And we didn't mean to take it out on you, seriously.
Negi: It's okay. So, our rendezvous point is a pretty small area. You two ready to teleport?
Celeste: Can't wait! Hey, what about your brother Omu? Is he staying behind?

Amanda: Oh really? He can travel in bat form? Well, aren't we a special snowflake?!
Celeste: Very cool, Omu! Okay, we're all here. What now?
Negi and Omu (in unison): We wait for the helicopter.

Negi (on phone): Watcher, where are you? We've been waiting on the roof for 30 minutes now.
Stop distracting me! Who do you think is piloting the helicopter?
Omu: You are? Should we be worried?

Negi: Great landing! But where are we? Oh look, Omu! There's a teleporter up ahead!
Girls, follow Negi and Omu into that teleportation device, got it?
Omu: Oh, so we'll return to our world in back of our gym again?
The four of you in prison threads? I don't think so. You'll arrive somewhere more secluded.
Don't worry! Someone's there waiting for you and I'll join you shortly.

Amanda: Where are we now? Isn't this the same place we just left?
Reading sim: Well, it is but it's not. You've travelled back to your home world, kids.
Celeste: That's great. And may I ask who you are?
Reading sim: Who am I? You mean you don't recognize your creator? Rude! I'm reggikko.
You'll find various items of clothing by that table as well as make-up things.
Celeste: Nice. *starts looking for make-up remover to help the boys shed their disguises
Negi: Oh, a buffet table! You've thought of everything! *stomach growls

Hey, thanks for helping out, my friend! I haven't seen you since Murkland. Good times!
reggikko: My pleasure! And now, if you don't mind, I'll get back to my reading…

Negi: It was great to have time to prepare ourselves for returning to our usual lives, watcher.
Where are we headed now, watcher?
I'm taking Amanda and Celeste to their home in the Bay's Sable Square District.

Omu: Sweet! You two are living on your own already?
Celeste: Hardly! We live with our parents. We're still teens like you, duh.
Amanda: Hey! That's our house down below, next door to the Brindleton Pawspital!

Mme. LeBlanc: Thank you, boys, for driving the girls home in this awful weather!
Amanda: Huh?
Mon. LeBlanc: Yes, they'd forgotten to take along their umbrellas this morning.
Celeste: Wait…
*whispers: We'll meet up and talk about what happened another day.
You were only gone from your world for a few hours. No use worrying them today.

Negi: Amanda, Celeste--are you two going to be okay?
Celeste: Guys, we need to get together again sometime to talk things over, k?
Omu: Will do! Until then, see you on Friday at high school!

Negi: Aaaah, home sweet home!
Watcher, do you think they'll remember why they were thrown in prison?
Maybe, maybe not. Sometimes the shock of multiversal travel causes temporary memory lapses in…

Negi: What? That's going to happen to us, too?
Let me finish my sentence! I was going to say "temporary memory lapses in the unprepared."
You two knew you'd be travelling to another world, but those girls accidentally ended up there.

Omu: Well, I don't know about you, Negi, but I'm going to try and wake up.
Someone needs to remind Mama to start our heir vote!

Amazing Lots
*The LeBlanc twins were sprung from "Lichtfield Prison OITNB" by GypsyCeCe (40x30, Gallery)
*The LeBlanc family reside at "Chestnut Hill" by Marski746 (30x20, Gallery)

Please Cast Your Vote for the Gen6 Heir !

In another sim-week, the twins will be young adults and one of them will take over the legacy as the sixth-generation heir.
Please help choose which one.
Their parents' generation will finish the last four remaining aspirations, so their aspirations aren't really the issue.
Unless, of course, one of them had rolled Friend of the Animals or Outdoor Enthusiast, in which case I would move them out ASAP.
Regardless of who wins, they will both be staying in the legacy house and both will have children.
However, the non-heir's wife and children will reside outside of the legacy lot. 

Negi Sharebear

Future career: Critic/Art Critic
Remarks:
What the heir vote really boils down to this time is whose daughter will become the next heir.
Since I resemble my father Takuya so closely, I feel I bring something new and fresh to the Sharebear gene pool.
Please vote for me! (I also overheard that our watcher favors me, if only slightly.)

Omu Sharebear

Future career: Critic/Food Critic
Remarks:
Negi may have our father's looks but I have his hair color and our mother's eye colors.
In terms of inherited genetics, I'm your guy!
You're probably thinking, "Ugh! He rolled the Party Animal aspiration!" I'll have you know that our watcher doesn't mind that at all.

Please click the link below to cast your vote on an external website.
Click here!

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
Re: Sharebears 5.54: Orange U Glad to See Us? [+ Gen6 Heir Vote] (25 August)
« Reply #369 on: August 26, 2018, 09:54:28 AM »
Oh wow Amanda and Celeste are cute! I love how you made a little fake text chat between the boys and watcher

I knew Negi would be the cuter twin! He even looks adorable in his mugshot lmao

Omu looks good with a bob though I will admit, Great Prison break!

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #370 on: August 26, 2018, 11:00:47 AM »
I love how the boys got to rescue their princesses!  The LeBlanc's are pretty and the boys are handsome so you really can't go wrong with the next generation.  I voted for the twin that I thought would father the best looking girl (conveniently we got to see the boys in drag). 

Your attention to detail in your dream sequences is amazing, BTW.  :)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Sharebears 5.54: Orange U Glad to See Us? (25 August)
« Reply #371 on: August 26, 2018, 11:56:14 AM »
I voted! ... is it bad I don't forgot who? This is what happens when you keep waffling back and forth XD

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #372 on: August 28, 2018, 04:32:05 PM »
The chooise between Negi and Omu was really hard. But voted i did.
The extra story you did was again just fantastic.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #373 on: September 01, 2018, 02:51:39 PM »
Oh wow Amanda and Celeste are cute! I love how you made a little fake text chat between the boys and watcher

I knew Negi would be the cuter twin! He even looks adorable in his mugshot lmao

Omu looks good with a bob though I will admit, Great Prison break!
I'm so glad you enjoyed that fake text chat. I'm always looking for different ways to "show, not tell" the story.
Using a google search, I found a website that lets you create fake text chats, lol. When I finally posted the shot, I saw a typo but decided not to redo it.
Omu actually aged up to a teen rather not-handsome, including Kirsten's generous lips (which look bad on male sims).
He was subjected to rather extensive cosmetic surgery in CAS for his mouth, nose, and eyes. That's practically everything, lol.

I love how the boys got to rescue their princesses!  The LeBlanc's are pretty and the boys are handsome so you really can't go wrong with the next generation.  I voted for the twin that I thought would father the best looking girl (conveniently we got to see the boys in drag). 
Your attention to detail in your dream sequences is amazing, BTW.  :)
You are such a thoughtful voter, even considering the gender of the next generation's heir!
Thank you for noticed the prison break details. Choosing that fantastic "Lichtfield Prison OINTB" lot by GypsyCece definitely made my life easier.
    I did have one huge discrepancy between the planning and implementation stages.

I'd planned a rooftop escape using an enlarged helicopter toy, which seemed to work out all right in my head.
The rendezvous point was that little unroofed area over the front entrance.
First, I tried having Negi and the girls teleport to that space; they couldn't so I used the shift+click/teleport cheat to move them there.
Then, I got them all positioned to witness Omu arriving in bat form but guess what? Omu couldn't travel there in bat form, either. So, shift+click/teleport again to the rescue.
Technically, I believe that unroofed area needed to have floor covering (instead of concrete roofing) to enable traveling there by meditation/teleport and by bat form.
So that's why Omu is just standing there on the roof looking smug, instead of flying in as a bat. LOL

I voted! ... is it bad I don't forgot who? This is what happens when you keep waffling back and forth XD
Thanks for voting. Haha, it's not the first time you forgot who you voted for. I'll take that to mean that the two candidates are rather evenly matched.

The chooise between Negi and Omu was really hard. But voted i did.
The extra story you did was again just fantastic.
Thank you for taking the time to vote! I'm glad you enjoyed the prison break scene. I really had a blast planning for it--reading, planning scenes, searching the gallery, etc.
Sadly, it seems to have been one of my less popular updates, haha.

NOTE: Usually I respond to comments immediately before posting the next update.
Since I haven't posted in a while due to my recent obsession with the "My Time at Portia" game, I'm responding today and will post an update tomorrow or later.
 ;D

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Sharebears 5.55: The Summer of Our DisconTENT
« Reply #374 on: September 02, 2018, 03:29:48 AM »

5.55: Summer of Our DisconTENT

Week 17/Thursday

Kirsten: To backtrack a bit, Papa Jaga moved out very early this morning.
This opened up a space in our household for Takuya and I to have a third child!
I'm doing everything in my power to ensure a daughter, obviously.

Before Akito leaves for work at 8 am, our twins celebrate their teen birthdays.
After their makeover, they take a nap. They'd pulled an all-nighter trying to squeeze in as much skilling as possible.

Our watcher has given us a heads-up not to disturb their nap this morning.
I wonder where she's taken them and what they are doing?

Matthias (younger brother of Liv and mine) becomes a young adult this evening.
He's trying to max charisma before then to prepare for his career.

We're surprised to discover that our TV is beyond repair.
Do you think those open-air arches on each side of the fireplace exposed the TV to rain?
After replacing the TV, Takuya gives it an insta-upgrade.

When the twins aged up an hour ago, Liv was still sleeping in her tent.
Sadly, a thunderstorm awakes her before she completes her second night of sleep.
And, yes, she quit her Botanist job after maxing it yesterday but is still in uniform.

Liv immediately tries changing the weather to sunny skies for Negi, an aspiring Angling Ace
Once he's awake, he goes to the beach to try fishing but gives up after an hour or so.

Meanwhile, I've been having a heart-to-heart with Omu about living as a vampire.
Akito and I still have 7 days and 11 days, respectively, to complete our vampire aspirations.
So we can both help train Omu if he wants to remain a vampire.
But since he didn't roll a vampire aspiration, Omu's free to live as he pleases.

Omu prefers to work on his Party Animal aspiration, not on full sunlight resistance.
So I mix him the vampire cure and Omu is a vampire no more.

Takuya: You know I love you, Kirsten darling.
But didn't anyone ever tell you that it's rude to point?

Kirsten: Unlike Negi, Omu has difficulty advancing his aspiration in this neighborhood.
We'll need to wait until Akito has definitely earned his promotion.
Then, we'll be free to leave the lot without harming his career performance.

Takuya: It's a good thing we have our parasols since, you know, we have full sunlight resistance.
Kirsten: Absolutely! Why in the world do we need these parasols, dear?

Takuya: Actually, the bigger question is where did Omu go?
I can chat with him on the phone but can't invite him here.
Kirsten: I tried travelling somewhere with him.
I could select him to travel, but he doesn't show up when we arrive at the destination.
This sounds like Repair Game is required. *sighs

Omu: Yay, I'm back and ready to finish introducing myself to 10 sims! Sheesh!
Hello there, little girl.
Girl: Um, are you one of those weirdos my parents warned me about?
Papa said not to talk to guys who reveal themselves… *slowly backs away
Omu: Nooooo, this is just an open shirt. It's part of my hot-weather outfit!

Amanda: Thanks for inviting us here, guys. It's so great to be back in our world, y'know?
Celeste: Yeah, I didn't even mind going to high school today, haha.
Negi: So, do you remember anything at all about how you ended up in that prison?
Omu: Yeah, like, did some evil person lure you both into a teleporter or something?

Celeste: No, nothing like that! The last we remember, we'd gone to bed early one night.
Amanda: Right, we'd felt exhausted after a day of summer internship interviews.
Celeste: Suddenly, we found ourselves in an unfamiliar airport terminal.
Amanda: A pink-haired stranger asked us to watch his sports bag while he went to buy a drink.
Before we knew it, we were surrounded by customs agents and undercover detectives.
Celeste: We got thrown in prison, without any due process, until you rescued us.

Negi: That sounds like a nightmare! We asked our watcher about what might have happened to you.
Omu: But she doesn't have a clue who's responsible for teleporting you.
Negi: She did place wards around your home, though, so it can't happen again.

Omu: Our conversation with Amanda and Celeste doesn't turn up any answers.
Our family returns home so I can throw some parties for Party Animal.
Unbelievably, Brindleton Bay is at the mercy of more thunderstorms.

Liv: I know, you don't have to tell me. I'm on my way to the weather controller again.
At this point, I am on the verge of rage quitting…

Omu: Though Negi and I are tense from the thunderstorm, we pull ourselves together.
Together, we host three gold-medal parties.
We throw a party for Matthias' young adult birthday, followed by a house party and a dinner party.
That takes about six hours all total. It's past midnight when we're done.

Friday

Liv: Oh, so now the tent has been moved to the basement?
Why bother calling my aspiration "Outdoor Enthusiast" if I'm going to…
Kirsten: Sorry, Liv, but nobody cares. You just need to sleep four more nights in that thing.
At least, your sleep won't be interrupted by thunderstorms if your tent's indoors.
Liv: *mumble, grumble

Takuya: You realize, Omu, that all you needed were three silver social events.
Omu: Yes, Papa, but I threw 3 gold parties instead because that's all I could do.
Kirsten: Well, we can always use the gold medals, right?

Omu: Since I'm feeling super confident, I take a chance and use a suave pick-up line on Amanda.
Amanda seems to dig it. I just found me a date partner!

Negi: Could someone please remind me what I'd been thinking?
How on earth did I believe that Angling Ace was a "better" aspiration than Party Animal?

Amanda: Wow, just think, Omu! Yesterday I was a convict but today I'm your girlfriend!

Kirsten: Uncle Ikura, why are you standing in front of Liv's tent just as she wakes up?
I better never find that you've prevented Liv from getting a full night's sleep in that tent!
Uncle or not, I'll kick you from our club so fast that your head will spin.

Ikura: Oh, I'm scared! You'll kick me out so I'll be forced to stay home with my family?
Everyone knows I'd rather be here, mentoring Matthias and your twins. *drips sarcasm

Kirsten: Oof, I'm not sure why I thought having another child would be a good idea.
Takuya: Personally, I'd love for us to have a daughter!
Kirsten: But I'm wondering now if you and I should both opt for second careers instead.
Takuya: Nah, we need a socializing spree to identify a sim or two with high-level careers!

Kirsten: I feel so bad now about how I spoke to Uncle Ikura earlier!
He aged up to an elder today!  Unlike Papa and Uncle Hakuto, he'd never been turned.
I send him home since my brother Matthias and I can also mentor Writing.
Surely, he'll want to spend every remaining second with his wife and children.

Tonight, I earn my final promotion to Celebrity Chef!
But there's no time to rest on my laurels.
I immediately quit my job and enter the Secret Agent career.

Saturday

After waiting for me to return home, Omu throws a house party at Granada Place.
That's where Liv's wife Fiorella lives in Oasis Springs.
Omu figures he has time for one party before Liv retires to her tent.

By the way, my mother's always been way too attracted to my husband Takuya.
Now you know the real reason why I asked her to move out soon after I married him.

Omu: If only I hadn't gotten greedy! I should have ended the party as soon as we hit silver!
But no, I have to wait until we earn a gold medal. By that time, our entertainer dies upstairs.
That's right, the entertain who I hired by mistake.
After waiting for the Grim Reaper to do his job, we don't get back home until 4 am.

What an ordeal! But every cloud has its silver lining, I guess.
By the time Auntie Liv crawls into her tent, her energy is in the red zone…

Legacy Score: +1 (86 points)
Food (1): Kirsten maxed the Chef career

Please Cast Your Vote for the Gen6 Heir !

Since I didn't have a chance to post a second update this past week, I'm leaving the poll open until next Thursday.
For information about each candidate, please read the last section of the previous update. To return to the previous update, click here.

Please click the link below to cast your vote on an external website.
Click here!

anything