Author Topic: Sharebears 9.94: The End of This Journey (Completed 13 Mar 2020)  (Read 162357 times)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Sharebears 5.55: The Summer of Our DisconTENT [+Heir Vote] (2 September)
« Reply #375 on: September 02, 2018, 04:16:15 AM »
Oh dear... that Outdoor enthusiast is bound and determined to thwart you! Kudos for continuing!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Sharebears 5.55: The Summer of Our DisconTENT [+Heir Vote] (2 September)
« Reply #376 on: September 03, 2018, 06:54:00 PM »
Oh dear... that Outdoor enthusiast is bound and determined to thwart you! Kudos for continuing!
@Shewolf13

Well, I might be making Outdoor Enthusiast harder for myself but letting it get to me so much.
But the weather has most definitely NOT been helpful, lol.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Sharebears 5.56: Careering or Careening?
« Reply #377 on: September 03, 2018, 07:16:49 PM »

5.56: Careering or Careening?

Week 17/Saturday

Kirsten: Another day of thunderstorms today until Matthias changes the weather for us.
Then, he leaves for his second day of work in his new career as a painter.
Takuya works as a Patron of Arts, so Matthias intends to join the other branch.

As for me, I'm doing odd jobs around the house today.
I'm in my third trimester and this beekeeper outfit is definitely NOT a flattering look.

Negi: I know what you're thinking: "Not another shot of Negi fishing!"
All I need to finish Angling Ace is five more great catches.
I've spent all morning here at the dock without making any progress.
But at least the weather's nice, thanks to Uncle Matthias.

Omu: Party Animal is on hold until Papa and Uncle Matthias get home from work.
Since I plan to become a Food Critic, though, I start working on my various culinary skills.

Negi: That pro fisherman was stealing all my mojo, so I'm back to my usual spot.
Within 90 minutes, I've already snagged four great catches!
Huh, it's started raining and that can only mean one thing.
Auntie Liv must have woken up…

Liv: Watcher, are you seriously going to document each of my successful sleeps in the tent?
Heck yeah! Only two more nights to go! Aren't you excited about living with your family?
Liv: I must confess the thought of spending time with Fiorella and our kids is quite a draw.
But I don't mind helping around the house until the twins' birthday in five days.

Negi (on the phone): Auntie Liv? I was wondering if you could do me a big favor…
Liv: Are you kidding me? Another thunderstorm? Sure, I got you covered, Negi.
You just keep on fishing!

Negi: With Auntie Liv's help, I make short work of my aspiration.
Since I plan to become an Art Critic, I insta-complete a few aspirations then start Painter Extraordinaire.
Lucky me, getting mentored by Grandpa Jaga!

Takuya: I'm happy to report that I've completed the Patron of the Arts career.
Have you heard our watcher miscalculated the careers our legacy needs to complete?
In my boundless desire to help out, I join Kirsten in the Secret Agent career right away.

Completing my daily task, I even succeed in negotiating a bonus with my new boss.
You're wondering why I phoned him from this bathroom? It doubles as our Very Confident Room.
We seem to have better luck negotiating while feeling Very Confident, rather than the ideal work mood.

Takuya: Darling, I've joined you in the Secret Career branch! We'll climb to the top together!
Kirsten: Oh no! You know I want you stay here in the legacy house with me, but it just won't work.
T: But why not? I maxed my career even faster than Akito did!
K: But Top-Notch Toddlers earn promotions faster than all the other sims. 
You'll need to move out soon but, as immortal vampires, we'll still have all eternity to enjoy our non-life together!

K: Check out this list our watcher gave me this morning, Takuya.
When Akito, Matthias and I complete our current careers, we'll have completed 25 careers.
That leaves twelve more careers for the last three generations.
T: So Generation 9 won't have any career requirements?
K: None at all. This legacy challenge ends as soon as the Gen9 heir gives birth to a male heir.

T: Okay, so I'll quit the Secret Agent career and help out with raising our third child.
K: Yes. Obviously, you'll stay in the family club and I'll join you as soon as I possibly can, darling.

Kirsten: When I go into labor, Takuya accompanies me to the hospital.
Without the watcher nosing into our business, my delivery is quick and uncomplicated.
Our newborn daughter seems a little frazzled by how fast everything is happening.

We've named her Purin, which is the Japanese loanword for crème caramel (or, custard pudding).
Takuya is especially a fan of matcha-flavored purin, which is unavailable here in the Bay.

Omu: As soon as our parents return, I start throwing a succession of parties.
I choose Negi and Uncle Matthias as my co-hosts.
For some reason, though, Uncle Matthias is not very helpful at all.

Matthias: Hmmmph, those twins show me no respect even though I'm their uncle!
Anyway, I feel like everyone else has a significant other except for me.
Do you remember Izabella Green, the daughter of Grandma Edamame's nephew Hunter?
Turns out that she hates children, which disqualifies her from ever moving into the legacy house.

She's a teen now, but maybe I'll have a chance with her once she's older.

Week 18/Sunday

Negi: It's around 2 am by the time we're done hosting two gold-medal house parties.
That's when Mama reminds Auntie Liv to go sleep in her tent..

But during the third house party, Auntie Liv pops back out when I call everyone to a meal.
She's not even a party guest!
Mama looks pretty peeved and "orders" Auntie Liv back to her tent.

Omu: We've been stuck on silver for our fourth party and it's starting to get light outside.
I chose a dinner party for the last one and it's taking hours to get three partygoers happy.
The ghost raccoon Rocky showed up and puked all over, making everyone very uncomfortable.

After cleaning up Rocky's mess, I need to go prepare a dessert.
My parents even got hysterical once. This last party's been a nightmare!
And, gee, thanks for all your help, Uncle Matthias!

Omu: Negi comes to the rescue and takes some guests to another room to get them happy.
It's 6:30 am when we finally earn gold for that darn dinner party!
So now I'm done with goaled parties for my Party Animal aspiration.
All that's left is to invite Amanda on 13 dates.

Negi: It takes some time to clean up the house after four consecutive parties!
True to form, Uncle Matthias claims he needs to prep for work and doesn't help out at all.
When we're done, I go back to painting.

Omu: I can't date Amanda until Uncle Matthias gets home from work, so I learn to write.
With Papa's help, I'll have my Food Critic skills finished before my birthday.
And thanks to all the party hosting, Negi and I have both maxed charisma already, too.

Liv: Oooh, I love being the center of attention!
Our watcher even moved my tent into Kirsten and Takuya's bedroom, moving their coffins into the hallway.
Apparently, she's not worried about anyone bothering them while they sleep, hehe.
Eh, don't even joke about not getting that last night of sleep in your freakin tent, Liv!

Kirsten: Brother Matthias earns his third promotion on his third day of work.
He's now Level 7 in the Master of the Real career, thanks no doubt to his Top-Notch Toddler trait.
Of course, it's also helped that Akito has been representing him every day at his Public Relations job.

Our legacy has been quite complacent so far about raising mostly Happy Toddlers.
Is it really worth the effort to ensure that every child becomes a Top-Notch Toddler?

Kirsten: How can you be so fantastic at everything else but so horrible on the treadmill?
Akito: It's because I'm clumsy, remember? Why do I even need to be mentored in fitness, anyway?
Kirsten: That's an easy question! You shall become the Sharebears' official fitness mentor!
Akito: Alas, the burdens of immortality! *sighs tragically

Kirsten: Purin is profoundly impressed with her mother's "super efficient baby care."
Don't you worry, baby girl. Your father and I will do all we can to raise you into a Top-Notch Toddler.
It's also easier when raising a single toddler versus multiple toddlers.

Liv: Hot diggity dog! Only one more night of sleeping in my tent and Outdoor Enthusiast will be history.
Our watcher could have let us change the seasons so I could identify all 10 herb types in Granite Falls earlier.
Since she decided to be stubborn, though, it's taking me an entire year to finish this aspiration.
Oh whatever! In the words of James Brown: I feel good, like I knew that I would.

Household Stats

Liv Sharebear (7 days to adult): Botanist 10; Outdoor Enthusiast (1 more tent sleep)
Akito Yamaguchi (YA vamp): Public Relations 9; Good Vampire (3 more days)
Takuya S. (YA vamp): Patron of Arts 10; Vampire Family (done)
Kirsten S. (YA vamp): Chef 10, Secret Agent 4; Master Vampire (5 more days)
Matthias S. (9 days to adult): Master of the Real 7
Negi S. (4 days to YA): Angling Ace, MBaron, FWealthy, P. Extraordinaire
Omu S. (4 days to YA): Party Animal (Milestone IV)
Purin S (nooboo)

Chapter Notes

Career Stats: I hope you don't find data like that annoying.
I have difficulty grasping numerical data unless it's organized visually like that.
Now I can stop feeling anxious about career progress.

The LeBlanc Twins: Amanda was added to the Sharebear simverse as a teen on the day of Negi and Omu's teen birthday. This means that she'll gain a randomized third trait on her young adult birthday.
Her sister Celeste only appears in screenshots captured in a separate save. She'll join the Sharebear simverse as a young adult, retaining all three of her original traits.

Popularity Category: Nope, we're not even going to try to earn full points in this category.

The Gen6 Heir: The outcome of the vote is pretty unshakeable at this point.
I'm leaving it open until Thursday, anyway, since the twins are still 4 days from their birthday.
If you have yet to weigh in on the next heir, go to an external website to cast your vote by clicking here. Thanks!

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Sharebears 5.56: Careering or Careening? [Please vote!] (3 September)
« Reply #378 on: September 04, 2018, 01:10:29 PM »
I love your little charts!  Data like that is a lot of fun ^^ And helpful.  I've done legacies before (never finished; always seem to get overwhelmed) but I've never done the calculations of what I'd have to get done for each generation.  So your info is great ^^ I love that last screenshot of Liv!

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #379 on: September 04, 2018, 03:21:45 PM »
Ohh a little baby girl, cant wait to see her grow up.
Also glad to see you have the careers planned, they are a big part point wise.
Only a few days to see the next heir, so interessting

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
  • Hi I'm Anna its nice to meet you
« Reply #380 on: September 04, 2018, 04:23:49 PM »
I love how chronically Sad matthias is wearing a whole yellow outfit, since yellow is such a happy colour lol

Welcome to Purin, there's no way she can't be adorable right?

Gallery Id: Soda_Stealer

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #381 on: September 06, 2018, 10:33:46 PM »
Wait, Izabella's not an option?!?!?  NOOOO!!!!  Darned legacy requirements.
Amanda and Celeste are both lovely, but I think Ama and Omu is a perfect pairing  ;=)  Go Team Omu!!
(My heart broke slightly when I discovered I just missed the vote)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Sharebears 5.56: Careering or Careening? [Vote Closed] (3 September)
« Reply #382 on: September 13, 2018, 07:10:22 PM »
I'm taking a little break from my Sharebears to play this forum's tournament a bit.
The break's also allowed me to catch up with 2018 PopSugar Reading Challenge. Wheeee, I'm currently 3 books ahead for the year!
(Thanks to @reggikko I've returned to reading a lot again, since May.)

Anyway, I thought I'd respond to comments on the latest update, so I can dive back into my Sharebears tomorrow.

I love your little charts!  Data like that is a lot of fun ^^ And helpful.  I've done legacies before (never finished; always seem to get overwhelmed) but I've never done the calculations of what I'd have to get done for each generation.  So your info is great ^^ I love that last screenshot of Liv!
@Shewolf13
The baby-step charts is something I do irl as well. Charting out milestones helps me stay on track by rewarding me for small achievements along the way.
Haha, Liv is so happy. She's been removed from the club for the past week so she's the only household member who eats and sleeps like a "normal sim," lol.

Ohh a little baby girl, cant wait to see her grow up.
Also glad to see you have the careers planned, they are a big part point wise.
Only a few days to see the next heir, so interessting
@LenaLJ
I must confess that I was sorely tempted to arrange for the little girl to be taken away by Social Services.
She would need a lot of education and training, while her father Takuya is ready to start a second career RIGHT NOW.
The third child wasn't such a great idea in this case (since the parents are vampires), but I wasn't thinking carefully. :(
Imho, the pointage for the careers is rather imbalanced. We earn one Food point if six sims sit down to eat at the same time. That is so very simple.
However, maxing all the careers takes all eight or nine generations. It's the most difficult part of Pinstar's legacy, especially since careers keep getting added.
Yes, we will be welcoming the next heir very soon...not this next update but the one after that.

I love how chronically Sad matthias is wearing a whole yellow outfit, since yellow is such a happy colour lol
Welcome to Purin, there's no way she can't be adorable right?
@wa-wa-world
Sorry! I'd forgotten to mention that Matthias snapped out of his perpetual sadness after I gave him a Moodlet Solver then rebooted my game.
(Watch, now I've probably jinxed myself!)
However, he was the most useless household member during Omu's Party Animal efforts. As soon as he maxes his career, Matthias will move out.
He will help continue Chacha and Perry Green's line, I hope. (just 3 more promotions...)
But you're right, I need to change Matthias' color theme.

Wait, Izabella's not an option?!?!?  NOOOO!!!!  Darned legacy requirements.
Amanda and Celeste are both lovely, but I think Ama and Omu is a perfect pairing  ;=)  Go Team Omu!!
(My heart broke slightly when I discovered I just missed the vote)
@PeregrineTook
My apologies about Izabella! Her Hates Children trait is unique, but would be the wrong choice for a legacy spouse (except one that would be disposed immediately).
As for LeBlanc twins, we'll see which third trait Amanda gets on her YA birthday.
No worries about missing the vote. I understand that you're busy these days with work, so I didn't PM you to pester you about voting.  :D
By the way, I played around with the VonCarloffs in CAS the other day, hehehehehe....
I think I'm going to place them in my game early since they're vampires.

I should have an update ready to post by Saturday (the day after tomorrow) at the latest.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Sharebears 5.57: Princess Purin
« Reply #383 on: September 16, 2018, 03:56:24 AM »

5.57: Princess Purin

Week 18/Sunday

Amanda LeBlanc: Hey, Omu! *does Garden Gnomes handshake
Omu: Thanks for coming over to help me finish Party Animal, Amanda.
Are you ready to start our dating marathon, girl?

Amanda: Just a second there, buddy! I have some questions before we begin.
Omu: Sure, ask away.
Amanda: Why's my twin Celeste been exiled to Grandma's house until her young adult birthday?
Omu: Oh, that. Well, that way she'll have three unique traits in case your random third trait isn't unique.

Amanda: So if I don't get a unique trait on my young adult birthday, what happens to me?
Omu: Um, you won't be the primary spouse of the next Sharebear heir.
Amanda: You'll just dump me for Celeste? *frowns

Omu: That would be a little awkward, you know, because my twin Negi has a crush on her.
Amanda: Awkward, but you'd make her your primary spouse, anyway? *glares
Omu: Negi had no right offering Celeste a rose before she was sent away! She's Plan B in case…
Amanda: Like you have no right romancing me, hmmmm?

Omu: The next heir hasn't even been announced yet, so it's too early to get upset about all this.
Amanda: So, whether you become the heir or not, you and me are still…
Omu: I can't believe you would even doubt me, Amanda!

A half dozen or so dates later…
Amanda: Um, may I ask exactly what you think you're doing?
Omu (sighs): My date goal requires me to "attempt to seduce" you, so that's what I'm doing.
Amanda: Oh, I see….
Omu: Excuse me? Would you mind looking at my face while we talk?
Amanda: *blushes

Liv: Why do I have to do an endurance run on the treadmill? Nobody's even mentoring me?
It's past 10 pm but your energy's still in the green zone so I'm trying to wear you out.
Liv: Nice try, but physical exertion only depletes energy in real life. *rolls eyes
Whatever! Go empty your bladder, take a shower, then sleep in your tent!
Liv: Yeah, yeah…

Omu: And now I've finished my first aspiration!

Negi: Remember me, folks? The "other" twin?
I've been so hard at work at Painter Extraordinaire that I'd completely forgotten about Writing.
When Omu and I sit down to write each other Excuse Notes, I realize I have zero Writing skill.
Thanks for mentoring me to Level 3, Papa! *starts writing an Excuse Note for Omu

Monday

Kirsten: Grandma Edamame shows up in the wee hours, angry as an ornery hornet.
She kicks over the garbage and breaks a few things.
Our watcher put her tombstone in family inventory until the next legacy holiday.

Takuya: Speaking of being put on ice, our watcher seems to have forgotten us lately.
It's been so long that nobody can even remember when our daughter Purin was born.
Oh, c'mon! It hasn't been that long. Uh, only 13 days. *coughs
Anyway, you can always do what I do when I can't remember.

Takuya: And what, pray tell, would that be?
Just go back and reread the last update. Purin was born Saturday evening.
Takuya: Ah, okay. But where have you been? What have you been up to?

Uh, let's see…I did two tournament challenges back-to-back and got ahead with my reading challenge.
Takuya: And… *raises eyebrows
Hmmph, okay! I started playing Dragon Quest XI on my PS4 but you can't shame me for that!
I've played every console-edition Dragon Quest game since 1986.
But this is the first time I'm playing it in English. I had to turn off the English voice acting…

You have the air of a disbeliever, Takuya. Here, check it out for yourself.
Takuya: Oh yeah, I can see the appeal very clearly now. Gorgeous villages, towns, and cities!
I realize you're smitten with that blue-haired thief who dual-wields daggers, watcher.
But he wasn't enough to convert me. Anyway, can I keep this Dragon Quest XI game for myself?
Sure. And about Purin, her toddler birthday should be Monday evening.

Akito: If I'm really conscientious, I might be able to bring home my last promotion this evening.
I ask Jaga for a pre-work Lavender Aromatherapy Massage before work for the mood boost.
For some entirely unknown reason, I put on an astronaut's helmet for the massage. Whyyyyy?!

Kirsten: Oh no! Look who aged up all on her lonesome because "we" missed her birthday notice!
Takuya: You mean, we could have aged her up yesterday evening?
Kirsten: Yes, but "someone" wasn't paying attention when her birthday notice arrived.

Oh, right! Because we're on short lifespan, MCCC cuts the 2-day nooboo stage in half, to one day.
*feels vaguely embarrassed for having forgotten

Takuya: Quick, let's give her a makeover before Akito leaves for work in five minutes!
Kirsten: We can't, because entering CAS would wake Liv up and this is her fifth night in the tent.
waiting, waiting, waiting...
Takuya: Hey, she completed Outdoor Enthusiast at 8:01 a.m. and Akito is just going out the door!
Kirsten: Let's end the club gathering and go for Purin's makeover!

Kirsten: Our Purin ages up into clingy toddler. She looks just like a doll.
Takuya: She is a beautiful little girl! And, on her teen birthday, she'll become a vampire.
Kirsten: Her hair color's a mystery, since mine is black and Takuya's is white.
Takuya: Genetically, I think she should have had white hair. But she has your grey eyes, Kirsten.

Kirsten: Brother Matthias and I both work from 10 a.m. today.
It's my first day of work as a secret agent. My career uniform is disappointing.
Isn't this outfit the same one I wore as a low-level cook?

Takuya: Liv's moving out tonight so she's been clearing her personal inventory.
Mostly, she's been giving stuff to Purin to sell.
I'm shocked to notice that our Excellent Orchids sell for $425 apiece. Is that normal?

Kirsten: Today, Akito, Matthias, and I all earn promotions from work.
Of course, Akito's promotion is the best since it means he's maxed his Public Relations career.
But Matthias also received a large performance boost today, so he's a Level 8 Master of the Real.

Takuya: I still think it makes good sense for me to stay in the house, Kirsten.
Matthias only needs two more promotions to max his career and move out.
The next heir can wait until then to start having children. It won't be such a long wait.
Kirsten: I agree, Takuya. Matthias will surely be done by next weekend! Did you quit Secret Agent?
Takuya: Uh, no. I just took a vacation day today. I wanted to wait and see how Matthias did at work first.

Tuesday

Liv: You really don't mind if I move out to live with Fiorella and our kids?
I'd be fine with staying here until right before Negi and Omu's young adult birthdays.
Kirsten: I'm so proud of you, sis! You finished Outdoor Enthusiast without a single complaint!
Liv: Well, yeah, it took me an entire sim-year and our watcher complained enough for all of us.
No comment…

Liv: Honestly, I feel bad that I only maxed a single career.
Kirsten: Don't, Liv. Matthias is doing a single career, too. We're all doing our part.
Now, it's time for you to enjoy your own family while you can!
Liv: *spends her satisfaction on potions, gives them all to Purin, then moves to Granada Place

Caleb Vatore: And what do we owe the pleasure of your visit in the middle of the night?
Takuya: Very funny. Of course, we're going to visit at night. We're vampires!
Orfeu Garrido: So this is purely a social call? Like a long-distance welcome wagon?

Takuya: Actually, no. My wife Kirsten and I are spouse-hunting and wish to consult you.
Orfeu: Oh? You seek a devastatingly handsome groom with three unique traits for your lovely little princess over there?

Takuya: Uh no, that's our daughter Purin, but she's not eligible to become the next-generation heir.
And we already have two female candidates for our next heir.
Actually, we're looking for a primary spouse for our grand-daughter, Orfeu, so we wanted to meet you.
Orfeu: Yes, of course, you would be interested in me. I mean, Caleb's a premade so he's out!
Takuya: Well, yes, Caleb himself is not allowed but his children…

Hajar Vatore: It's very sweet of you to come looking for me here in the Forgotten Hollow Plaza.
Kirsten: I have been wanting to meet you, Hajar.
I heard that you married Caleb lately and have been wondering whether you, too, are a vampire.
Hajar: Why, yes, I am only a fledgling vampire but our children will still be born-vampires.

Back in Brindleton Bay
Matthias: Hmmph, and I was so excited about our watcher finally buying me reward traits!
Do you realize that, all this time, all I've had were Connections and Entrepreneurial?
Most sims buy the Morning Sim and Night Owl reward traits while they're in grade school.

Anyway, so our watcher finally buys me reward traits. And guess what?
She buys me the Waterproof trait to test if I can keep fishing in the rain. Sheesh!

Legacy Score: Unchanged
Athletic (0): completed Outdoor Enthusiast (missing 2 aspirations)
Nature (0): maxed Social Media/Public Relations

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: Sharebears 5.57: Princess Purin (16 September)
« Reply #384 on: September 16, 2018, 10:51:09 AM »
Oh my goodnesss!!  Purin is so adorable!!!!  And Orfeu is so creepy!!!  Back off our little princess, dude!
When Negi referred to himself as the "other" twin...such a priceless moment  :=)  Rather funny how some spares drop into such a background role while others are so prominently featured  :=)  Such is the crazy nature of legacies, I suppose.
Anyway, another lovely update!

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #385 on: September 16, 2018, 11:16:42 AM »
So much congrats on completing Outdoo Enthusiast, know how you thought for that one.

Did I miss who the heir was or are you just not sharing it yet ;)?

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #386 on: September 16, 2018, 11:40:22 AM »
Oh my XD Hehehe, loved the bit about Dragon Quest.  That was fun. Orefu... you a creepy dude, man. I giggled a bit at the part where Liv said the watcher complained enough for all of them hehehehe

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #387 on: September 16, 2018, 07:45:02 PM »
Oh my goodnesss!!  Purin is so adorable!!!!  And Orfeu is so creepy!!!  Back off our little princess, dude!
When Negi referred to himself as the "other" twin...such a priceless moment  :=)  Rather funny how some spares drop into such a background role while others are so prominently featured  :=)  Such is the crazy nature of legacies, I suppose.
Anyway, another lovely update!
@PeregrineTook
I'd been wanting an ineligible spare to have Father Winter's Child but Purin is so beautiful that I hate to have her be "that sim"... *wrings hands in worried frustration
Haha, Negi and Omu are both "heir candidates" as of the previous update. However, some aspirations are less photogenic than hours.
Let's see, shall I structure the update about Party Animal Omu hosting his gazillion parties and dates? Or, shall I fascinate the readers with shots of Angling Ace Negi fishing for 10 hours?
Believe me, it was a hard decision to make!
And since Negi will become an Art Critic, he's doing Painter Extraordinaire which is another aspiration where the aspiring sim always his back turned, lol!
Thanks for reading! And you know I'm dying to find out about how your Gen4 heir, Rilan Sharebear, intends to run his household!

So much congrats on completing Outdoo Enthusiast, know how you thought for that one.
Did I miss who the heir was or are you just not sharing it yet ;)?
@LenaLJ
Thanks for the congratulations! I know I make it worse for myself by moaning and groaning about the tent-sleeping. I just can't help myself, haha.
No, you didn't miss the heir announcement. The vote ended but I haven't announced the new yet. ;D
You'll find out in the next update.

By the way, I need to speed up my Legacy progress!
I just realized your Challenge Team's new dynasty challenge will be unveiled in just two more months! Can't wait!

Oh my XD Hehehe, loved the bit about Dragon Quest.  That was fun. Orefu... you a creepy dude, man.
I giggled a bit at the part where Liv said the watcher complained enough for all of them hehehehe
@Shewolf13
I'm pretty proud of how I've been forcing myself to sleep at a "decent hour" instead of binge-playing Dragon Quest II until morning, lmao.
Still, I'm really eager to launch the next generation of Sharebears!

Ugh, Outdoor Enthusiast--it's never taken me that long to complete an aspiration before! Over four sim-weeks!
So, of course, Liv has to get hit by lightning and woken up early while she's sleeping in the tent. *rolls eyes
Haha, poor Orfeu! Yes, he is a creepy-looking dude. But he's a creepy-looking dude with 3 unique traits! ;D
Sadly, Takuya asked about his career and Orfeu's a Critic but, unlike my Akito Yamaguchi, has not maxed his career.

By the way, I'd forgotten to post the first image when I first uploaded the last update, so I'm adding it both to that update (5.57) as well as below.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Sharebears 5.58: Head 'Em Up! Move 'Em Out!
« Reply #388 on: September 17, 2018, 06:22:37 PM »

She rollin' rollin' rollin' though the streams are swollen…

5.58: Head 'Em Up! Move 'Em Out!

Week 18/Tuesday

Takuya: Who's that up in the rocket ship?
Kirsten: Oh, that's Omu. He's doing Nerd Brain now.
Takuya: And what's Negi up to?
Kirsten: He's finishing up Painter Extraordinaire, remember?

Negi: Oh great! Omu gets to do another valiant, flamboyant aspiration!
While I am stuck with painter's block, trying to pump out 4 more masterpieces.
Gah, why am I doing another look-at-the-back-of-my head aspiration?

Our watcher kindly squeezes behind an easel to take a shot of my face. Thanks!
Can you believe someone actually called me a "spare"? I'll be an heir or cadet yo!
Anyway, Mama feels bad about my lesser presence in the last two updates.
She says I can narrate this one. Yay! *pumps fist

Negi: I guess my life isn't all that bad!
I mean, look at Uncle Matthias!
He's doing Angling Ace now and it ain't even his first aspiration!

Yeah, it's weird that he's getting his pre-work massage in the kitchen.
But he moved the massage table to where Grandpa Jaga had been dancing.

Well, the young adults have all left for work!
While perusing the ocean scenery, I come across our lightning-struck satellite dish.
We've had an eight-sim household for so long now.
Nobody even knows how long our satellite dish's been broken.

There's only seven of us now, though, so I quickly replace it with a new one.

Everybody's been hating on this nanny lately.
You see how it says "18 minutes ago" above that message stating she'll arrive at 7:36 am?
That's 18 real-life minutes, people!
She doesn't deign to waltz into our home until 9 a.m.

Urgent Question: If a nanny "accidentally" dies, will she be replaced?
If anybody out there knows the answer, please let us know.

We all like Uncle Akito.
He spends most of his time representing my folks and Uncle Matthias.
They've been earning promotions like crazy as a result.
When he isn't gaming in his free time, he helps out a little in the garden.
He doesn't really strike me as the beekeeping type, you know?

Uncle Matthias has had incredible luck with work-related chance cards.
Like yesterday, he gains another large performance boost on the job today.
That's on top of his massage, negotiating a bonus, and Akito's representation magic.
In other words, Uncle Matthias brings home another promotion this afternoon.

Uncle Matthias has insanely powerful career mojo!
With the well's help, he maxes Master of the Real.
Omu and I should be so lucky!
According to Uncle Matthias, we all need to get out more often.
Omu and I hardly know anyone, since we only attended high school last Friday.

Negi: Grandpa Jaga aged up to an elder around noon today.
Part of Mama wants to let him go spend time with his family.
Another part wants to keep him close for his remaining days.
Let him go, Mama! His youngest child is still in grade school!

Papa looks amazing in his new career outfit for secret agent, of course.
C'mon, you didn't seriously believe our watcher would let Papa move out, did you?
Hey! Can't a watcher have a little privacy here?

Negi: And here's a little back-of-the-head action from somebody else instead of me.
How you like dem apples?
Mama is doing her daily task, while Omu is about to max Vamp Lore.
Meanwhile, Uncle Akito has started another representation campaign for Mama.

And me? I'm just one masterpiece away from becoming a Painter Extraordinaire.

Uncle Matthias stops by and paints two masterpieces in a row, just like that!
When I check his easel, I see that he's using our only Deluxe All-Seasons Easel.
Our founder's flatmate Colt Altman earned that easel as a career promotion.
Not sure why, but our six other easels are all Easy-Breezy Easels. I've fixed that!

Now, I'm starting to distrust our watcher and check my reward traits, too.
I don't even have the Marketable or Creative Visionary traits!
Really, it's a miracle I've painted 4 masterpieces so far in these conditions!
What has our watcher been smoking? *le sigh

Through the family's non-stop micro-managing, Purin reaches Level 3 in all her skills.
Haha, I say that as if I had a hand in that.  Not at all.
That's all thanks to Grandpa Jaga and my parents.

The 'rents are having trouble reaching a decision.
Should they focus their parenting efforts on Purin, the Gen7 kids, or both?
Wah, wah, wah! I'm too lazy to do Top-Notch Toddlers in four days.

To our surprise, Mama puts Purin to bed, calls for a nanny, then invites us for a night out.
This has to be the first group-dance experience for all of us.
Mama got overly excited, I think, because she's wearing her hot-weather outfit.

That lady in brown next to me is Uncle Matthias's friend. More dirt on her later.

Grandpa Jaga and Grandma Maja show up on their own.
I'm glad Mama decided to let Grandpa leave the club.
How fantastic to meet Great-Grandpa Jaxton, too!

Wednesday

You know, I'd always thought of Uncle Matthias as some quiet, boring dude.
Boy, did I revise my image of him tonight at The Narwhal Arms!!!
First of all, the name of his "friend" is Elsie Sharebear. Apparently, that's not a problem.
See, he is Grandpa Jaga's son while she's Grandpa Jaga's nephew's daughter.
In other words, Elsie is the daughter of Uncle Matthias's cousin.
Ugh, are they even legal?

No matter! The two of them were all over each other. Public woohoo? Really?!
Back in the day, her infamous grandpa Cuatro  earned all 5 negative parenting traits.

Later, Mama shoos everyone off the dance floor to show off her moves.
I'm starting to think she isn't wearing her hot-weather outfit by accident, after all.
Just think! In another 1-1/2 days, Omu and I will be the same age as our parents.
Weird, right?

I introduce myself to the DJ, but find that she doesn't have unique traits.
Of course, I completely ignore the lady on the right. That's our nanny.
You know, the one Mama hired to look after Purin so we could go out for the night?
Remind me later to google what happens when a nanny dies…

At the club, Uncle Akito meets a goofball sim who tells jokes until he's hysterical.
Luckily, he gets to a mirror in time.
Meeting that goofball sim and seeing our nanny, though, reminds him of another nanny.

Back home, Uncle Akito invites over a retired nanny named Aaradhya Kumar.
He advises Omu and I to take the time to befriend her.
She is a clumsy, gloomy goofball. Hmmm….*rubs chin thoughtfully

After the social break, I immediately finish Painter Extraordinaire. Go me!
Omu and I decide to attend school today to meet other teens.
I peek in on the 'rents who are getting pre-work massages.
Must be awkward lying face down on a massage table with a beekeeper's hat and veil.

Negi: Papa earns a promotion today but Mama doesn't.
That makes them both Level 6 Secret Agents.
Mama should've gotten promoted, too, but she was 90 minutes late for work.
She kept returning to the house instead of going to work, while opening and closing that infernal umbrella.
Are we the only ones having trouble getting sims with umbrellas to go to school/work?

Purin has maxed Potty and has her other skills at Level 4.
She has a really good chance of becoming a Top-Notch Toddler.
Omu and Purin are both energized, playing to boost her Movement.

Meanwhile, I am doing God's work with, naturally, my back turned.

Thursday

Uncle Akito completes Good Vampire around 1:30 am.
By the time he and Uncle Matthias finish preparing to leave, it's 4 am.

Uncle Akito moves in with his wife and kids at the Alexandrite in Forgotten Hollow.
Uncle Matthias moves in with Elsie who lives at Tropical Getaway on Windenburg Island.
I hear both households will soon hear the pitter-patter of little feet.
(Why do they say that when nooboos just lie in their bassinets?)

Negi: And now the news that you've been waiting for: the heir vote results.
It comes as no surprise that my twin Omu won a landslide victory.
Who can compete with his white hair and that Ken Kaneki "Tokyo Ghoul" look? *sighs
A big thank you to the five readers who voted for me! I won't let you down!

Oh, also, the majority voted to cure both Omu and Purin. And so they shall be.

Omu: Well, now that I'm officially the future heir, I check on Amanda.
Since she's a young adult already, I invite her over to learn her third trait.
You can't imagine how relieved I am to find that she's now a Bro.
I'd prepared to wed her even if she became Jealous (shudder), but ain't it grand?

It's hard to believe that Negi and I will be young adults in another two hours!

Omu: I immediately kick ex-nanny Aaradhya Kumar from the Sharebears Club.
Negi already painted Aaradhya's portrait--we're keeping it just in case.
You know she won't die cuz she has the immortality of a nanny, even after retiring.

Sorry, to get your hopes up, cowboys! Maybe next time?
Cowplants (in unison): Boo! Hiss! Pfft!

Legacy Score: unchanged (86 points)
Athletics (0): completed Good Vampire (only missing Master Vampire)
Nature (0): maxed Painter/Master of the Real;
                 21/23 career tracks (missing Critic & Entertainer);
                 24/37 careers (missing a bunch!)

Coming next: Omu and Negi's young adult birthdays and the start of the sixth generation!

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Sharebears 5.58: Head 'Em Up! Move 'Em Out! (17 September)
« Reply #389 on: September 17, 2018, 06:41:44 PM »
Bahahahahaha wow, the spouse hunt seems to be the part that would drive me batty. Congrats to Omu!