Author Topic: A Sharebear Legacy: The Butterfly Effect  (Read 18268 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: A Sharebear Legacy: The Butterfly Effect
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2018, 11:00:32 PM »
Haha, I'm glad Cherie decided against the cutesie bear names. We also briefly considered that path but Jose put his foot down at Polar and Panda. He didn't even like Bruin!
Love that long walkway leading up to the house. I can just tell it's going to be an awesome residence!
    I noticed the smoke from Gizmo but didn't realize he'd passed away. So happy to hear that his ghostly presence will return. Dance party?
To be serious for a second, I hope Cherie runs into him very soon!
    Loved the Council scene so much! What are those things in the background? And what a great idea to serve cupcakes....rofl.
    Haha, your watcher is going for all 10 Popularity points!?!?! What a go-getter!
My Sherilee got married and pregnant immediately so she's very jealous of Cherie's many adventures! Cherie's adventures let her experience what she was forced (by me) to forgo.
I didn't understand that part where Cherie saw a glow in the temple and knew it was a sun/son. I got confused and thought it was a toilet (pregnancy test).
Please help me understand, lol.

Erm, no comment on Pippin's getup, especially since he's hosting the next Council Meeting. *waves in an overly friendly manner

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2018, 04:44:56 AM »
Its so sad that Gizmo died. I really hope he will return soon.
Congratulations on the twin boys.
I am happy for Cherie that she got time to follow her dreams before having to focus on responsibility.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
  • Hi I'm Anna its nice to meet you
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2018, 07:22:22 AM »
Oh no Gizmo!!! At least hes coming back...

Gallery Id: Soda_Stealer

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2018, 07:44:14 AM »
Erm, no comment on Pippin's getup, especially since he's hosting the next Council Meeting. *waves in an overly friendly manner
Oh, I have plans for the next meeting (wring hands evilly) mwahahahaha!

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2018, 01:49:12 PM »
@PeregrineTook 6'6", Pippin? The other hobbits must be terrified! I'm glad you enjoyed the council meeting and Gizmo's return. Grown-up(ish) babies coming up!

@oshizu Bruin is quite nice! I did a little searching before I realized I was overcomplicating things. The random name generator has been kind so far!
I'm excited about the house, but I'm enjoying the process of building it slowly. I used a floor plan I found online (again), but now I want to modify it to include a second floor. I'm plotting, bit by bit.
As for the glow in the temple, it was just a coincidence that I got the "Eating for two!" announcement at the same time as the one about the temple blessing. It kind of felt like the temple blessed her with a child. I was trying to be punny with the sun/son thing. Sometimes I'm not as clever as I'd like to be. :)

@LenaLJ Gizmo is the best dog, and doesn't keep us waiting long. I'm glad Cherie got some time to herself, too, even though sometimes on short lifespan I question that decision. Things are working out pretty well, though, and I'm hopeful she can still get a lot accomplished.

@wa-wa-world Yes! I couldn't part with Gizmo. I waffled around for awhile, debating giving him an age-down treat, but I took too long to decide and his death really caught me off guard. The ghost solution seems even better, though, as now I get to keep him forever! Hooray!

Chapter 5:  Perspective

Gizmo doesn’t make us wait for long before showing up for a visit. He is deeply miffed that his food bowl is empty. He knew he was returning, and we should have known, too.

Since I’m out fishing, it’s Daniel who extends the invitation that Gizmo gladly accepts. This is where he belongs and we all know it. It could never have been any other way.

Next morning he gleefully reacquaints himself with the trash can.

Cheered by my faithful companion's return, I throw myself into work with renewed vigor.

Too soon, the boys are ready to become perfect little gentlemen. Identical, they have their father’s bronze skin and my hair and eyes, raising them to the almost mythical status of redheads with nice tans. Devilishly handsome, both of them. They can’t help but spread hope and exhaustion wherever they go.

Myron, with the longer hair, seems to immediately pick up on his father’s love for music, and enlists both of his parents to teach him to dance.

Andres mimics his mother’s sense of adventure and toddles all the way outside to the tent that still sits on the lawn, a monument to harder times, and crawls inside for a nap.

We enlist as much help as possible immediately. I re-summon my skeletal assistant, who sets to work right away cleaning up dishes and mopping potty spills.

Andres is angelic, and has no trouble speaking to our spectral housekeeper, while inquisitive Myron is a bit more standoffish.

He becomes fast friends with Nanny Parikh, however, who is astoundingly spry for her age.

Daniel begins the process of providing our required emotional paintings. The berries from the Tree of Emotion prove vital. It’s little things like these that reassure me that my first few weeks as a jungle explorer were not entirely selfish and wasted. Now that the boys are here I’m frequently plagued by guilt for not preparing our home better for them.

But, then again, Boneita makes a very fine Caprese salad, so perhaps I’ve readied our household well enough in the end. I’ll just feel better once there’s paint on the walls.

And she makes our boys forget their troubles long enough to concentrate on learning the potty. I pray she never leaves us in the same breath that I acknowledge that all things in this life are ephemeral. She will know when her times comes to move on.

There are no anger-flavored berries, so Daniel attempts to pick a fight with Nanny Parikh to get himself in the correct mood for his next work. He only succeeds in angering her, though, not himself, so I attempt to help out . . .

My criticisms of his woohoo techniques hit a little too close to home for my beloved, however, and while an angry painting is produced, our relationship is considerably damaged, and I find I must spend many hours reassuring him that it was all in service of the legacy, and nothing at all personal.

I am doing my best, but somehow I always seem to put a foot wrong.

We run into trouble again with the sad painting, when the tragic clown summoned appears elegantly dressed and incapable of giving the blues to anyone but herself.

I come to the rescue again with fake bad news for Daniel.

Both Daniel and the clown seem to feel I’ve crossed a line and they form a stony, judgmental alliance. Balancing the requirements of my chosen path with the needs and emotions of my loved ones is a constant, heart-rending struggle.

In the end, we resort to the panda hat. It’s inelegant, but at least does no further damage to my marriage.

All too soon, the boys grow into children. Myron, on the right, is a Genius with the Whiz Kid aspiration. Andres is Good, and begins with Artistic Prodigy.

In moments of doubt, I’m able to retreat to my archaeology table. Every few days I receive authentication work which, when completed, brings in thousands of dollars that can be translated into floorboards, wallpaper, and even a few small decorative domestic comforts. The walls gradually start to look like walls, the house like a home. I’m able to give Daniel a beautiful kitchen in which to work, and better lighting by which to see his brushstrokes.

The emotional paintings complete, and his skill raised to the required level 8, Daniel is able to begin more pleasant work himself in painting my portrait and his own. I take a photo of him to use as reference. A picture of which I instantly become deeply fond.

The boys are inseparable (with Gizmo their ever-present guardian), and often skill together. Andres initially progresses quicker than his brother, as Myron is stalled with Whiz Kid until school begins and he can achieve an A, but once he catches up the boys keep pace with each other, both eventually completing three childhood aspirations.

We even emerge from our familial cocoon on occasion to take group outings. The view from the docks at Whiskerman's Wharf is similar to that from our private beach, but different enough to provide some much-needed perspective.

Reinvigorated, we press on.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2018, 02:09:55 PM »
A lovely update!  The family is so sweet!  And Gizmo returns!  So happy!
I'm glad you gave a bit of insight into getting the painting collection finished.  I'm just a sad painting away from having mine finished, so mayhaps a panda hat would help?  Couldn't hurt.  Bear minimum (pun intended), it will look cool  ;=)
Boneita is glorious!  I hope she sticks around to help out for a good, long while!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2018, 02:22:11 PM »
Thank you for enlightening me on the sun/son reference. What incredibly perfect timing!
Welcome back, Gizmo! What kind of care does a ghost dog require? (And I love that film of the same name with Forest Whittaker...)
Haha, summoning the tragic clown didn't help my resident painter with the Sad painting, either. (Now you know why she had to die!)
I loved Cherie's clever maneuvering to help Daniel (and his fragile male ego) paint the emotional paintings. Congrats on completing all 6!
If I may be permitted a personal question, did they have angry woohoo before making up?

Andres and Myron are so handsome!
The house is looking great, Boneita color-coordinates with the kitchen counters, and I'm loving your floor detail!
Cherie is making great progress!!! Never regret exploring first, girl!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2018, 03:10:20 PM »
Awww, what a sweet family.  Yeesh, she does what she has to.  Too bad she has to suffer for it XD

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2018, 08:31:52 PM »
I don't think I've commented on this thread yet, but I've really enjoyed reading your version of the Sharebear Legacy.  Your Cherie is so sweet, and Boneita sounds like a dream! (love her name, by the way.)  I don't have the Jungle Adventure pack, so for now I'll have to experience it vicariously through your lovely story.  :)

Offline rika1431

• Townie
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2018, 07:18:47 PM »
Ah, I fell behind, but I'm caught up again! The boys are absolutely adorable--yay for passing on the red hair! I'm so glad Gizmo was added back into the family. Losing a dog is one of the hardest things ever.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2018, 09:52:10 PM »
YAY! Gizmo is back.

And you completed three childhood aspirations on short lifespan? I'm impressed!

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2018, 01:52:49 PM »
@PeregrineTook The hat is pretty amazing. I've never had this much trouble completing the emotional painting collection before. My sims this round are just too even-keeled! Nothing fazes them! I truly love Boneita. I might go back to the jungle just to try and get another one.

@oshizu Ghost dogs need just as much love and care (and exercise!) as live dogs, and leave just as much poop lying around. :) Fortunately, we can always use more fertilizer.
I wish I'd thought of angry woohoo! It's such a funny interaction and it probably would have really helped their relationship. That, and angry spaghetti. I've never made it and I really want to have some on hand when the time comes for a cardiac explosion.
Thank you for noticing the floor detail. I'm trying! :)

@Shewolf13 True, the path of a founder never did run smooth. :) Cherie gets it done, though, and I'm pleased with what she's accomplished.

@BallerinaHippo Nice to see you here! I'm glad you're enjoying the story. I wish I could take credit for Boneita's name, but all the Selvadorada skeletons generate with punny names. The game developers have such fun jobs! I bet they are fun people to hang out with.

@rika1431 Yay! Welcome back! Yes, the boys got all the genes I was hoping for: red hair, green eyes, and babyfaces! :) I think they're adorable. Yeah, I couldn't stand to lose Gizmo. His work is not yet done, and I find his presence so comforting.

@reggikko Yay! Yes, the RDC has been good training for blowing through childhood aspirations at top speed. I think I could have done all four if I'd really buckled down and let the boys take vacation days from school. I've recently discovered Social Butterfly is the fastest to complete if you really knuckle down and don't do anything else for 12 hours. It's too labor-intensive, though, so I skipped that one in favor of the aspirations they could complete without me monitoring them constantly.

Chapter 6:  Heir Poll!

A rare day out on the wharf:

The fresh air and sunshine does the boys good.

And Daniel perhaps remembers a bit of what persuaded him to leave his home and travel thousands of miles to marry an impulsive, quarrelsome, sometimes frighteningly ambitious woman.

Friday night, the Spice Festival entices us out again. I’m really just hoping to find the plants we need to complete our collection (and I do snag some sage, which had oddly eluded us up until then), but the monkey bars are an enjoyable haven for Andres.

And the karaoke bar provides Myron with a judgement-free zone to saw away at his violin.

When the notice arrives that Daniel is due for elderhood, we are confident enough to throw him a birthday party. He cooks three gourmet dishes, and is now only missing one promotion in the culinary career to complete his aspiration. I want so badly to help him achieve it. I’m counting on his active trait to keep him with us long enough to  . . . well, I don’t like to think about it too much. He’ll get there. He has to.

I indulge my curiosity regarding the one golden relic I’ve managed to retrieve by activating it on Eliza Pancakes.

At first she just responds with a world-weary sigh. Something tells me Ms. Pancakes has her own set of butterflies that buffet her about in perhaps a rougher fashion than mine. She’s been through quite a few timelines, far more than I, and consistently finds herself in these types of situations.

The Curse of the Ancients may actually be a new one for Eliza, however, as the full force of it seems to take her somewhat by surprise.

No one, least of all our Dance Machine nanny, takes any notice as she slips into unconsciousness next to the bar.

The achievements seem to come all at once. As I'm maxing fishing, I finally complete my collection of frogs, which in turn completes my aspiration. When it comes to selecting a new one, I push aside my guilt and common sense and follow my heart. I have already maxed archaeology, and so I think perhaps Archaeology Scholar is within my reach. I can complete most of it at home with the relics and dirt clumps I’ve hoarded from my first two trips, and with what arrives in the mail for authentication.

Most, but not all of it. Despite my earlier vow to leave my wandering days behind me, I drag my family to the jungle Saturday night. I promise to bang things out as quickly as I can, if only to get Daniel back in time for his next shift at the restaurant.

Myron is still a few ticks away from completing Rambunctious Scamp, so spends every last bit of his energy scarfing vimberries and alternating sit-ups and push-ups. We cannot gather as a club or rally the troops while on vacation, so I’m afraid he runs himself quite ragged.

With only a few minor run-ins with the local insect populations, I survey for the required number of dig piles. I must leave their treasures undiscovered, however, as a very important event is about to occur back at the rental villa . . .

The boys are about to become young men.

We throw caution to the wind and host an actual party, even though the only guest to make it down to Selvadorada is our dear Nanny Parikh. Well, I suppose “dear” is putting it a bit strongly. She and Daniel have never gotten along well since their painting argument, and I’m still holding a bit of a grudge from the time she asked to join the family club, and then proceeded to steal all the produce from the garden. I kicked her out, of course, but the boys are both still very fond of her, and it was good of her to travel all that way to help us celebrate their birthdays.

It’s not as somber a gathering as it appears. We’re all just focused on eating cake and playful berries to meet the requirements. We’re stuffed to the gills, but manage a gold, and I allow the boys to race each other to the bathroom for makeovers.

While I slip out to the jungle one last time. If I’m lucky enough with the dirt clumps I’ve collected from my two previous visits, I’ll be able to complete the remainder of this aspiration in the comfort of Brindleton Bay.

The boys are as handsome as can be, and look so grown-up. I feel dizzy reflecting on the past few weeks. They were conceived here, so it makes sense, in its own way, that they leave their childhoods behind in this place.

Myron, the eldest by a moment or two, adds Dance Machine to his Genius Trait, and will pursue the Musical Genius Aspiration. On his next birthday, he will become Active like his father.

Andres’s path winds in a very different direction. He is now a Loner as well as Good, and wishes to become a Good Vampire. He, also, will gain his father’s Active trait when he next ages, much to the delight of our faithful Gizmo. No matter what happens, he’ll never have trouble finding a jogging partner.

We arrive home with renewed exuberance. I am delighted not only in my newly-aged sons, but also in the fact that I have no say in the big decision that comes next. I couldn’t choose which of my sons would carry on the legacy if my life depended upon it.

Myron is the quintessential golden boy. With unquestionably positive traits, and an easily completed aspiration, he is sure to accomplish much, quickly, and with the ease of a pure, uncomplicated heart. He is pure sunshine, and deeply beloved by everyone he meets.

Andres, though identical, is all mystery and shadow to Myron's light. He is a brooding romantic, preferring the company of his own thoughts most of the time, though with a desperate desire to be seen and understood by someone special. His aspiration will take time, but he is blissfully unplagued by the pressure of aging that dogs his mortal family members. He, too, is sure to accomplish much, at his own pace.

I could never choose between them, but the weight of this decision does not fall on my shoulders, and the relief fills me with joy and optimism. And so now, I leave it to you, gentle reader. Which path do you choose?

Click Here to Vote for the Heir

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2018, 02:19:27 PM »
How lovely that the boys remain identical twins.
And how fitting that they celebrate their coming-of-age in the land of their conception!
Congrats on the gold-medal birthday party in Selvadorada. That's impressive!!!

As much as I enjoy playing vampires, I prefer Myron.
The quicker Musical Genius will allow Myron to earn more points, buy more traits, and have more time for Gen3, imho.
Andres, equally as lovely, is a loner with an aspiration that requires good friends. His path will not be easy.

So I cast my vote for Myron because I'm a practical gamer.
But it's reassuring to know that whoever ends up as cadet will be able to stay in the house. *skips off to vote

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2018, 02:32:24 PM »
I so want to choose Andres because the brooding romantic concept, but Myron makes good sense with easier traits and a more easily accomplished goal.  On the flip side, Andres could become an eternal skilling machine for the household.
Going with my first choice and sticking with Andres.  Congrats on making things tough on your voters.  It's a sure sign that you've done well  ;=)

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2018, 02:53:06 PM »
For purely selfish reasons, I voted for Andres.