Author Topic: New Fish  (Read 16680 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
New Fish
« on: March 03, 2018, 05:01:54 PM »
Spoilers for those who want to find the fish and the fishing locations for themselves.

Three new fish: the Tambaqui common, the Armored Cat Fish uncommon and the Electric Eel rare.

Tambaqui: The Tambaqui is already pretty big. This one is bigger
Price/weight from around $150/34kg to around $300/70kg

Armored Cat Fish
This fish is ready to go to war.
Price/weight from around $30/2.5kg to around $40/4kg

Electric Eel
The Electric Eel is shockingly large but sparks great interest from those who catch one.
Price/weight from around $80/6kg to around $200/30kg

These prices/weights were just what my sims was able to catch if you have more information post below.

Your sim can find the Tambaqui anywhere in the jungle as it is a common fish type. The Electric Eel my sim could only catch in the fishing hole underneath the Royal Baths and mostly at night which would make sense but may not always be the case.

The Armored cat Fish my sim caught on the island - the other croc spot.

To find these places run across the swing bridge and go through the gateway by the waterfalls.

Then the Fishing Spot under the Royal Baths is found by going through the gateway on the left of the temple gateway. Left gate in this picture.

The island is found by going through the gateway to the right of the Temple gateway. Right gate in this picture.

Also worthy to note the Omiscan rare Treasure can be caught on the Island too. So fishing there is a very lucrative hobby! Angelfish can also be caught on the croc Island so a good place for ID fishers, catch the fish you need and a $7-10K golden plate!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
Re: New Fish
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 05:29:26 AM »
Awesome thread! There is certainly good reason for your Sim to fish some days away in Selvadorada. Items needed to cope with jungle exploration can also be fished as opposed to buying them from the market. But the scenery of this place is good enough reason to just hang back and take in the views while your Sim has a good time with the fishing pole.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ScreamNRun

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 07:31:58 AM »
Ty for the guide! Do you have information about the new plants too? With the time they need between harverst ect.?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 06:48:33 PM »
@ScreamNRun  other than their names and generally where you'll find them, no. I just haven't had time to plant and watch them yet but they can all be grafted onto other quick-to-harvest plants like potato if you are wanting large quantities quickly.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 07:43:07 PM »
Thanks for this great guide, @Playalot !
The screenshots show locations are really helpful!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2018, 12:34:45 AM »
One of the best things for these fish is you can basically pay for the entire vacay by selling them right away.  I took only one night's lodging, fished until they couldn't stand it anymore, (ok, I  couldn't stand it anymore, lol), sold everything and when it came time to extend the vacation I had more than enough cash for it.  I took the cheapest spot and brought a tent so everyone got a place to sleep.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2018, 06:11:06 AM »
Tambaqui are high strength fertilizers that you should be able to stock in a fridge, save 'em up and bring them home as fresh as possible. Since they're common it's easy to bring a dozen or two home with you. It seems uniquely easy compared to other fish, because Tambaqui are so heavily weighted in those spawners. Don't let 'em rot though or they will lose their potency. Releasing a fertilizer guide in the next 24h and thought I'd share that, since I came here looking for that electric eel :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2018, 11:10:10 AM »
So, Carl, are you saying basically, foul fish are worthless as fertilizer and much better to use glow fruit if all your fish are spoiled?

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2018, 12:19:40 PM »
Tambaqui are high strength fertilizers that you should be able to stock in a fridge, save 'em up and bring them home as fresh as possible. Since they're common it's easy to bring a dozen or two home with you. It seems uniquely easy compared to other fish, because Tambaqui are so heavily weighted in those spawners. Don't let 'em rot though or they will lose their potency. Releasing a fertilizer guide in the next 24h and thought I'd share that, since I came here looking for that electric eel :)
Now this is exciting news. I searched for one one the web and I could not find a fertilizer guide for The Sims 4 anywhere. Thanks in advance.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2018, 08:59:47 PM »
Wow!  Not only did I get several electric eels, angel fish, Tambaqui and a few others, I also got the gold plate AND, treasure of all worth over $10,000, yes, TEN K, a Diamond Headed Gold Perereca.  Looks like a gold frog and I swear it moved.  lol  I've been trying a rags to riches thing, trying to make it difficult for my Sim.  Going straight to the jungle would take care of all her financial worries in short order.  This was on the island.  I couldn't get under the baths because the gate was locked, not just covered in vines.  Was I too low a level in archaeology?

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2018, 10:06:10 PM »
So, Carl, are you saying basically, foul fish are worthless as fertilizer and much better to use glow fruit if all your fish are spoiled?

Yes that is exactly correct. Foul or poor fish actually have a negative penalty but Carl's got a detailed guide coming out soon. :)