Author Topic: Rules: The Sharebear Legacy  (Read 13933 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Rules: The Sharebear Legacy
« on: March 27, 2018, 01:49:06 PM »
This is a variation of Pinstar's Legacy for The Sims 4.
It is a legacy collaboration initiated and formulated by FrancescaFiori, PeregrineTook, and myself.
It's a collaboration in that fellow Sharebears begin with the same founder and occasionally add the same sims to their legacy gene pools later on.
Any forum member is welcome to join in the multiversal fun, provided that they follow some...

Basic Rules
*Gameplay rules: Pinstar's Legacy for TS4 (click here for everything you need to know)
*Founder: Download the "Sharebears" household from the in-game Community Gallery, then give her a new first name and complete makeover
                Feel free to change her aspiration.
  Item name: Sharebears / Hashtag: #sharebears (Gallery link)

*Lot: Any 64x64 lot (or a 50x50 lot, if you prefer)
*Succession laws: free choice
*Scoring: based on Pinstar's Legacy rules (scoring is optional)
*Lifespan setting: choose either the Normal or Short lifespan (Pinstar's legacy is designed for Normal)
*Vampire aspirations yes/no: free choice

*Spouses:
  Our heirs will occasionally have children with the "same spouse" in pre-determined generations. This is a requirement of this challenge.  :)
  To avoid requiring the same Gender Succession Law, spousal options are available as cloned twins of each gender (FrancescaFiori's brilliant idea).
  A "shared spouse" can be moved in as your primary or secondary spouse, so you won't lose any points in the Love Category.
  You are free to introduce them into your story in any way you wish. The emphasis is on shared genetics.

*Current List of Spouses (all spouse options are hashtagged #sharebears in the Community Gallery)
  - Gen1 and Gen2 spouses: free choice
  - Gen3: Household name/Faust-Fixed (Elektra & Jaxton Faust)
              Important: There are two versions of the Fausts on the Gallery. Please use the Faust-Fixed version. Thank you!
  - Gen4: Household name/Jensen (Maja & Magnus Jensen)
  - Gen5: Free choice
  - Gen6: Household name/LEBLANC (Amanda & Armand LeBlanc)
From Gen7 through Gen9
  - For these last three generations, you choose between one of two shared spouses in the generation of your choice.
    For the remaining two generations, look for your own spouse prospects as usual.
    (For example, I chose to marry in a shared spouse in Gen7 so I could have free choice of spouses for Gen8 and Gen9. It's up to you!)
  - Your two options are:
     Household name/VonCarloff (Elveira & Elvain VonCarloff); or
     Household name/Castle (Silas & Skyla Castle).

This is all we got so far! If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to ask away.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The Founders
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 04:21:34 AM »
@LenaLJ suggested the brilliant idea that posts be added to this Rules thread to share our Sharebear founders and heirs.
It's a fabulous way for fellow Sharebears to see how our genetics have diverged and converged over time!

The Founders (Gen1)
(In order of their starting date)

Sherilee Sharebear (Loves the Outdoors, Genius, Family-Oriented; Soulmate). Watcher: oshizu

Cherie Sharebear (Loves the Outdoors, Genius, Family-Oriented; The Curator). Watcher: FrancescaFiori

Rilee Sharebear (Loves the Outdoors, Genius, Family-Oriented; The Curator). Watcher: PeregrineTook

Chere Hebert (Loves the Outdoors, Geek, Family-Oriented; Outdoor Enthusiast). Watcher: reggikko

Shireen Sharebear (Loves the Outdoors, Genius, Family-Oriented; The Curator). Watcher: LenaLJ

Charlee Sharebear (Slob, Romantic, Loves the Outdoors; Nerd Brain). Watcher: simfulicious (Normal lifespan)

Hailee Sharebear (Loves the Outdoors, Genius, Family-Oriented; The Curator). Watcher: sdhoey

Aspen Sharebears (Genius, Loves the Outdoors, Family-Oriented; The Curator). Watcher: fanofaband

Ellie Sharebear (Creative, Loves the Outdoors, Outgoing; Painter Extraordinaire). Watcher: dontmindme

Shari Behr (Genius, Loves the Outdoors, Family-Oriented; The Curator). Watcher: BallerinaHippo

Sebastian Sharebear (Genius, Loves the Outdoors, Family-Oriented). Watcher: simfulicious (Short lifespan)

Shae Berra (Cheerful, Creative, Family-Oriented; Leader of the Pack). Watcher: GlazeyLady

Seamus Sharebear (Genius, Loves the Outdoors, Family-Oriented; Public Enemy). Watcher: wa-wa-world

Scarlet Sharber (Loves the Outdoors, Family-Oriented, Genius).  Watcher: Teresa
Gen1n Scarlet Sharber Teresa.jpg

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Rules: The Sharebear Legacy
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2018, 04:22:19 AM »
The Gen2 Heirs

Benicio Sharebear (Genius, Creative, Loves the Outdoors; Fab Wealthy). Watcher: oshizu

Andres Sharebear (Loner, Good, Active; Good Vampire). Watcher: FrancescaFiori

Spodluck Sharebear (Good, Art Lover, Goofball; Renaissance Sim). Watcher: PeregrineTook

Yachiru Sharebear (Self-Assured, Perfectionist, Music Lover; Musical Genius). Watcher: sdhoey

Nathan Sharebear (Dog Lover, Foodie, Romantic; Friend of the Animals). Watcher: LenaLJ

Sophie Sharebear (Creative, Lazy, Childish; Fabulously Wealthy). Watcher: dontmindme
Gen2i Sophie_dontmindme.jpg

Aster Behr (Art Lover, Genius, Ambitious; Fabulously Wealthy). Watcher: BallerinaHippo

Niamh Sharebear (Squeamish, Genius, Ambitious; Master Chef). Watcher: wa-wa-world

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The Sharebear Legacy/Generation 3
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2018, 04:23:50 AM »
The Gen3 Heirs

Edamame Sharebear (Glutton, Kleptomaniac, Ambitious; Chief of Mischief). Watcher: oshizu

Cariden "Card" Sharebear (Squeamish, Good, Dog Lover; Party Animal). Watcher: PeregrineTook

Jane Sharebear (Bookworm, Clumsy, Family Oriented; Joke Star). Watcher: LenaLJ

Ruby Sharebear (Perfectionist, Active, Ambitious; Jungle Explorer). Watcher: sdhoey

Laurel Behr (Art Lover, Loves the Outdoors, Perfectionist; Mansion Baron). Watcher: BallerinaHippo
Gen3j Laurel Behr_BHippo.jpg

? Sharebear (a, b, c; d). Watcher: dontmindme

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2018, 04:24:53 AM »
The Gen4 Heirs

Jaga Sharebear (Neat, Dog Lover, Snob; Mansion Baron). Watcher: oshizu.

Rilan Sharebear (Lazy, Goofball, Foodie; Outdoor Enthusiast). Watcher: PeregrineTook

Shane Sharebear (Active, Insider, Family Oriented; Friend of the World). Watcher: sdhoey
Gen4g Shane Shane_Shannon.jpg

Darwin Behr:  (Loves Outdoors, Genius, Ambitious). Watcher: BallerinaHippo
43.21 spider.jpg

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2018, 04:25:36 AM »
The Gen5 Heirs

Kirsten Sharebear (Music Lover, Insider, Foodie; Renaissance Sim). Watcher: oshizu
Gen5a Kirsten_oshizu.jpg

Erik Sharebear (Active, Good, Goofball; Fabulously Wealthy). Watcher: sdhoey
gen 5 h.jpg

Hazel Behr (Genius, Cat-Lover, Loves Outdoors). Watcher: BallerinaHippo
Cover Hazel.jpg

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2018, 04:26:46 AM »
The Gen6 Heirs

Omuraisu "Omu" Sharebear (Perfectionist, Foodie, Unflirty; Party Animal). Watcher: oshizu

Holly Behr (Cat-Lover, Loves the Outdoors, Cheerful). Watcher: Ballerinahippo
Cover Holly.jpg

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2018, 04:28:14 AM »
The Gen7 Heirs

Shiso Sharebear (Perfectionist, Neat, Erratic; Bodybuilder). Watcher: oshizu
Gen7a Shiso_oshizu.jpg

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2018, 04:28:50 AM »
The Gen8 Heirs

Teagan Sharebear (Outgoing, Self-Assured, Family-Oriented; Friend of the World). Watcher: oshizu.
Gen8a Tristan_oshizu.jpg

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2018, 04:29:39 AM »
The Gen9 Heirs

Urchin Sharebear (Music Lover, Outgoing, Snob; Jungle Explorer). Watcher: oshizu
Gen9 Urchin me.jpg

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2018, 04:31:15 AM »
The Gen10 Heirs

The legacy challenge ends with the birth of the tenth-generation heir.
Let's age up our Gen10 nooboos to toddlers and share the toddler images in celebration of the long journey!

Sunny Sharebear (center). Watcher: oshizu

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2018, 08:49:19 AM »
Oooh, I like this.  I can't always keep track of the stories but with this I can quickly catch up on the main characters and jump back in to reading.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Rules: The Sharebear Legacy
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2018, 03:46:53 PM »
Thought I'd share some rule changes brought about by Seasons.
For more details, check Pinstar's rules where were last updated on 24 June 2018, with additional clarifications in the comments.

Extreme Start
For the Extreme Start, if the player has the Seasons pack, the founder must start in Winter.

Seasons-related Bonus Points
The three new bonus points bring the total available points to 106 points, if you own Seasons.

Mandatory Shared Spouses
Have you downloaded all four pairs of shared spouses and looked at their traits? You absolutely should to avoid duplicating their traits in other generations.
By the way, a shared spouse's traits may change but not their aspiration.
Here's a list of the sims here (simply copied from the first post):
  - Gen1 and Gen2 spouses: free choice
  - Gen3: Household name/Faust-Fixed (Elektra & Jaxton Faust)
              Important: There are two versions of the Fausts on the Gallery. Please use the Faust-Fixed version. Thank you!
  - Gen4: Household name/Jensen (Maja & Magnus Jensen)
  - Gen5: Free choice
  - Gen6: Household name/LEBLANC (Amanda & Armand LeBlanc)
  - Gen7: Free choice (Note: The VonCarloffs may be moved to Gen7, if you wish, especially if you are playing Strict Equality)
  - Gen8: Household name/VonCarloff (Elvera & Elvain VonCarloff) or Household name/Castle. Choose one of these four sims as your Gen8 or Gen7 spouse.
  - Gen9: Free choice

Note that the LeBlanc twins inadvertently share the Faust twin's Loves the Outdoors trait, whereas the VonCarloff twins accidentally shares the Jensen twins' Outgoing trait.
If you marry these sims into your Legacy as is, you cannot earn all 9 points for unique primary-spouse traits in the Love Category.
Your options are:
(1) Add them to your game as toddlers so that the game randomizes their traits.
      I did this with the Faust twins and both sims aged up with 3 unique traits (different from the Gen1 and Gen2 primary spouses and unlike the LeBlancs).
      After reverse-engineering their parents, I moved the household into a lot several days before my own Gen3 heir candidates were toddlers.
      (Note that townie kids age up more slowly because they always age up naturally, without cakes.)
     This means the Gen6 LeBlanc spouse can now be the future Gen6 primary spouse with 3 unique traits.
(2) In my game, the Jensen twins had 3 unique traits which none of my previous primary spouses had, so I added them to the game as young adults. Easy!
(3) Move in another sim with 3 unique traits as the primary spouse, then add the mandatory shared spouse as secondary spouse.
     This is what I'll need to do with the VonCarloffs to avoid the overlapping Outgoing trait.
(4) Seasons comes with the new Re-Traiting Potion which can be used to re-roll non-unique traits.
     Say, for example, there's a sim I want for primary spouse but his traits aren't unique.
     I could move him in then use a Re-Traiting Potion to re-roll his traits, hoping for 3 unique traits. This can be risky, to say the least.

Your founder/heirs' images & stats
It would be nice if Sharebear players would PM me about portrait images of their founder and subsequent heirs.
Just let me know which image you wish to be posted on this thread. Listing their traits/aspiration also saves me the trouble of hunting them down.
Thanks!

Best wishes and happy simming

Offline MystiKitty

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Rules: The Sharebear Legacy (Seasons Updates)
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2018, 10:30:06 PM »
What is this all about? I mean, I guess with the first two generations having your own choice for spouse would mean some genetic variety. I am interested in this whole thing but the problem I have with Sims 4 is that I usually use the in-game motive cheat to keep everyone happy and they never eat or sleep and I think that I couldn't do a Legacy of any kind if I used the cheat but that's how I play.

anything