Author Topic: Live Mode Keeps Freezing!  (Read 54555 times)

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
Re: Live Mode Keeps Freezing!
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2010, 06:51:43 AM »
Well, my first thought is to see if that command could bring all those ghosts back to their graves in the graveyard. You know, since installing ambitions, the ghosts tend to just walk out of the GY and grab a cab or something. Gotta see if that command is capable of turning the graveyard into a ghost-park again.

Some other stuff that I wanna test too include unfreezing massive amounts of sims that simultaneously go to a random community lot and just stand there until they die (tried to find the link to the topic about it, no luck), saving Sims from meteor-death (once a single meteor killed 7 Sims in my game, it ruined the entire neighborhood), some creepy stuff involving "resetting the grim reaper when the sim dies so that his corpse is still be there for making stories",  and about 4 other stuff I was thinking of but forgot as I typed this post.

I may edit this later to add testing results or other ideas.

Jagid

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2011, 04:36:13 AM »
Thank you for this answer! It worked great to use the "ResetSim *" command.

I just want to add a theory as to why this happens:

One or more Sims are trying to calculate a path to a location the game cannot resolve.

Let me explain...
  • Sim A wants to go from Shang Simla Simla Market to Hot Springs in China to go fishing.
  • The game plots the path and the Sim goes there.
  • The Sim gets hungry and wants to return to Shang Simla Market.
  • The game attempts to plot the return path.
  • The game freezes for a moment as the game puts all its effort into calculating a path.
  • The game fails to calculate a path and unfreezes for a short time.
  • The Sim is still hungry so retries to return after a few more seconds or some other amount of time.
  • The game re-attempts to plot the return path and fails.
  • Etc, etc.

If you want to see a demonstration just send one of your Sims to Hot Springs, you'll find he can get there just fine. Then send him to the market. You'll find he gets mad, stamps his foot, and gives up. On my PC, the action of my Sim trying to calculate a path and failing always results in a pause.

Thank you again for showing us a global Sim reset command!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2011, 05:17:36 AM »
Welcome Project!
I'll keep your global ResetSim in mind, since I have had moments at the school where the kids are all stuck.

Offline meghan80

• Nooboo
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2011, 10:19:28 PM »
This has started happening to me on a new game. resetSim * only fixed it for about 20 minutes. I've got 6GB of RAM so I don't think that's it. Any other ideas what I can do to fix it?

loveSims

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2011, 10:12:03 AM »
If you play in Bridgeport there can be a broken elevator somewhere

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2011, 09:54:56 PM »
meghan, as far as I know the delays and freezing are caused by routing failures.  Some worlds are worse than others. Resetsim* works because it rescues all the sims that are trapped and sends them back to where they came from but they eventually get stuck again.  It is not your graphics card or your RAM.  It is just bad design.  There are also other causes for slowdowns and Saltypaws is on the money with the build up of cars.  Sims also collect them in their inventories too.

Offline meghan80

• Nooboo
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2011, 09:18:00 PM »
Thanks for all the help. It's working well enough. I'll play for a bit, then it'll freeze a couple of times, and then get back on track. I wonder if it's tied to time of day in-game, like a rush-hour or something. I just don't like having to resetsim * when my sims are in the middle of something, like work. It can be a real pain.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

loveSims

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2011, 02:21:51 AM »
Sometimes it's best to save your family to the bin and put them in a new town.

Offline jbasjoc

• Nooboo
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2014, 12:58:10 AM »
the same thing is happening to me. i deleted the cache even uninstalled and reinstalled. my sims are stuck as soon as i move them in and when they get stuck i cant even open the cheat bar or move my screen. i can tab in and out but thats all i can do.

Offline Kaydda

• Nooboo
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2014, 08:41:49 PM »
I had that happen to me before. it hasnt happend since for me because i installed the overwatch mod. it takes out stray people and unowned vehicles every sim night. the reason its freezing is becuase your game has to load all of those items. get overwatch. its the best solution and its free.
Sim Schedule:
Day1: Meet Someone. Day2: Marry them
Day3  Try for a Baby.  Day 5: Have the baby
Sims: The only place were starting a family after knowing your husband/wife for only 5 day,s isnt crazy.

Offline Miokittyxx

• Nooboo
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2014, 04:21:09 AM »
My game had kept freezing aswell, I have mods downloaded along with custom content but I did that code and it worked like a charm! <3 I am so happy that I can play my game again!