Author Topic: Jokers Wild  (Read 15684 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Jokers Wild
« on: July 09, 2018, 07:28:51 AM »
Jokers Wild

Goal
Just how funny is your Sim? Clown level? Bar stand-up comic? Talk show host? Your goal here is to have your Sim complete the Joke Star and Chief of Mischief Aspirations as quickly as possible to become the wildest joker of them all.

General Challenge Rules
The General Challenge Rules always apply. If applicable, exceptions will be noted below.

Specific Challenge Rules
  • Create 1 Young Adult Human or Alien Sim. No life state changes.
  • You are allowed to use the Buydebug cheat for the sole purpose of purchasing a satellite to prevent abductions.
  • Club membership is not allowed.
  • This challenge concludes when your Sim has completed the Joke Star and Chief of Mischief Aspirations.

Scoring

Total Minutes — Once your Sim has completed the Joke Star and Chief of Mischief Aspirations, pause the game and note the Life stage, days to age up, day and hour. Plug in all the information into Lena's spreadsheet to get your minutes for the scoreboard.

Ch-Ch-Changes
The team does not want to edit and make changes to the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. If an exploit is brought to our attention or we discover something else we reserve the right to ask affected players to redo their effort.

Have Questions?
Please think hard before you ask in the challenge thread because it may be strategy. What you may consider an innocent question could cause another player to go — “oh, I did not think of doing that.” It’s always safer to PM everyone on the team (Metro, MarianT, sdhoey, and LenaLJ) for clarifications. Thanks.

And the Winner is...
After this event has closed everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event, but the winner especially is expected to do so in detail.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                            Total Minutes
GlazeyLady3056
LenaLJ3134
Nikitachi3309
Rinkils3570
HelenP5947
oshizu6716
SueDenim7371
Tynynounours8939
Nandarelle9401
sdhoey10078
BallerinaHippo10268
MarianT10963
simemie12432
JocyMc12851
Metropolis Man13117
workingmum815355
MSUCalli17539
Eighty8Keys18780
Noyo20167
jewels12920338
junegem22174
CynKuy22964

Offline MystiKitty

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Jokers Wild
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 07:22:36 PM »
This looks to be a very short and sweet Sims 4 challenge. I have been having a lot of trouble trying to get into The Sims 4 challenges. I've tried various challenges but gave up half-heartedly, pray woe be me that I should DARE to attempt a Tournament Challenge!  :o

But this looks to be something that a person new to this title and who just bought the base game and ran out of money for any packs can get into. The challenge focuses on two base game aspirations. Being a fan of video game speedruns and marathons like the stuff done by Games Done Quick (check 'em out, plz! Hype for AGDQ2019!!!!), I find this 'how fast can you master two aspirations' to be very interesting and an easy challenge for those new to The Sims 4 - no packs needed, clubs are banned so you have to pretend like Get Together was never created, it is perfect to help newbies to The Sims 4 understand how to play the title. :)

I was wondering if the challenge mods would look over an idea I have: In another forum I peruse(a video game forum), they have a sub-forum for something called "Quick Time Events" which are rather short and short-term challenges for players and game guide writers. I was thinking something along the same lines - have a sub-forum here for casual challenges that are very short and have a short deadline, like a quickie event every two weeks which would be along the similar lines. I mean, we have this event for Comedy and Mischief, but what about a challenge called "Fish and Flowers" where you had to complete Freelance Botanist and Angler Ace? Or an event called "Love and Hate" where you had to complete the Serial Romantic and Public Enemy aspirations? Think of all the possibilities! :D

I might try this challenge out for fun. If so, this would be my first Sims 4 tournament challenge.

Edited out parts that where strategy talk, also please remember to keep the comment relevant to the challenge, ideas can be written to the challenge team if you have ideas for challenges.
/LenaLJ

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 10:37:41 AM »
Thanks for the screenshot, Lena. :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2018, 11:41:33 AM »
@LenaLJ, I can't remember his name, but he reminds me of the guy who was in Blackadder.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
  • Hi I'm Anna its nice to meet you
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2018, 11:51:57 AM »
@LenaLJ, I can't remember his name, but he reminds me of the guy who was in Blackadder.

Rowan Atkinson? He was also Mr bean
Gallery Id: Soda_Stealer

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2018, 12:34:55 PM »

Oh, totally. Never thought of that when Lena first sent me the shot, but now that I look at it, he's a dead ringer for Mr. Bean.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2018, 12:40:47 PM »

Yes, that's who I was thinking of. You did a great job.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2018, 12:53:20 PM »
He was supposed to look like Mr. Bean, so glad you like it.

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2018, 09:16:27 PM »
Phyllis Diller finished Jokers Wild within 22964 minutes.
Cynthia

Offline Rinkils

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2018, 11:25:27 AM »
Finished. :)

3570 minutes (week 1, Tuesday, 7:30PM).

(TL;DR I was so looking forward to the previous challenge, but I ended up leaving it for the last week, which is when too many real life issues came across, and I ended up not even starting my scoring file. So this time, I tried to finish asap. I love these quick challenges, this one actually took something like 3 hours in RL - not counting testing. Very convenient for busy moms.)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2018, 12:53:01 PM »

Very impressive to cap two different lvl 10 skills in 2 1/2 days. And without club benefits. Inquiring minds want to know. (but, not now)

Offline Rinkils

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2018, 01:00:19 PM »

Very impressive to cap two different lvl 10 skills in 2 1/2 days. And without club benefits. Inquiring minds want to know. (but, not now)

Thank you. Sure you will know, just not now. :)
(No worries, I did not forget about the no club membership rule.)

Offline JocyMc

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2018, 01:39:29 PM »
Jeff Foxworthy finished in 12851 minutes.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2018, 04:18:14 PM »
I am assuming the 2nd sentence was implied, but I just added it...

• Create 1 Young Adult Human or Alien Sim. No life state changes.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2018, 02:26:49 PM »
My sim finished on Week 1, Tuesday, 15:09 for a total of 3,309 minutes.