Author Topic: Celestial Crystal Crown - Effects of slotted crystals  (Read 11245 times)

Offline mousef

• Llama Wrangler
Celestial Crystal Crown - Effects of slotted crystals
« on: November 21, 2018, 07:12:53 PM »
Get Famous introduced an interesting object -- The Celestial Crystal Crown. Available for 100 simoleons on Buy mode under Recreation. Putting it in your sim's inventory allows you to slot a crystal into the crown, then wear it for interesting benefits. I put together a list of all crystals and their effects.

A few observations:
1) Wearing the crown causes an embarrassed "Fashion Faux Pax" moodlet, easily avoidable with the "Shameless" reward trait.
2) Crystals break occasionally (the color of the lights on the crown will change to signal the reduction of their power). When they do break, they seem to cause a motive to decay.
3) Crystals that fill all needs seem to work for vampires as well.

Without further ado, here is the list

CrystalRarityEffect on moodOther effects
AlabasterCommonRemoves Tense moodlets
CitrineCommonRemoves Bored moodlets
EmeraldCommonRemoves Embarrassed moodlets
Orange TopazCommonRemoves Sad moodlets
PeachCommonFills Bladder/Thirst (Vampires)/Water (PlantSims)
QuartzCommonRemoves Uncomfortable moodlets
RoseCommonRemoves Angry moodlets
RubyCommonFills Hygiene
SapphireCommonFills Social
TurquoiseCommonRemoves Uncomfortable moodlets
AmethystUncommonFills HungerBoosts Logic/Mental (Children) gains
DiamondUncommonFills SocialBoosts Fame gains
Fire OpalUncommonFills HygieneFriendly socials never fail
HematiteUncommonFills FunBoosts career performance
ShinoliteUncommonFills Bladder/Thirst (Vampires)/Water (PlantSims)Doubles chance of finding Crystals in the world
SimaniteUncommonFills SocialMakes other sims like you more
JetRareFills all needs except EnergyBoosts satisfaction points gain from whims
JonquilystRareFills all needs except EnergyBoosts Charisma/Social (Children) gains
PlumbiteRareFills all needs except EnergyBoots Athletic/Motor (Children) gains
RainborzRareFills all needs except EnergyPeriodically makes nearby sims Happy
Crandestine (GTW)CommonFills all needs except EnergyBoosts Painting/Writing/Creativity (Children) gains
Nitelite (GTW)CommonFills all needs except EnergyTemporary Night Owl trait
Amazonite (JA)UncommonFills all needs except HungerBoosts Archaeology/Mental (Children) gains
Alexandrite (JA)RareFills HungerTemporary Mystical Sense trait (find better treasure in Treasure Chests)

Offline MystiKitty

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Celestial Crystal Crown - Effects of slotted crystals
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 11:12:24 PM »
You can buy this OP item in the Buy Mode? I mean yeah, you need a crystal to make it useful, you have to replenish the crystal every often, and putting it on makes you embarrassed but come on, tell me you can only put a single crystal in that thing because if you can put in multiple crystals, slotting the two Jungle Adventure crystals will make you basically immune to needs decay.

(Says the guy who spams Motive Cheats.)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mousef

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2018, 12:10:15 AM »
tell me you can only put a single crystal in that thing

Yes, only one crystal at a time. You can already be almost immune to need decay anyway, with the reward traits (all motives except fun) or the vampire perks (all motives except thirst and vampire energy). It's certainly OP and not something I'll be using on every save, but I like to create perfect sims every now and then and this is an interesting mechanic  ;D

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2018, 11:49:46 AM »
I am going to use it often. I play to min max perfect sims without cheating. Thirst in my vamps is an issue that can't be perked away, but now I have the perfect answer. I am happy. Every expansion gives me more to perfect every aid is needed to keep the time down to do so. I am grateful with every item to perfect they put in an aid to help.

Offline DarkWalker

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2018, 12:03:00 PM »
As a reminder, you can now purchase every common and uncommon crystal from the base game, plus Amazonite, from the computer, which makes the crown even more powerful.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2018, 01:28:19 PM »
@mousef  thanks for posting up these stats. This object is so OP it's a bit nuts really. I can't see me ever using it but it'll be interesting to see how others plan to use it.

@Metropolis Man  some info above for you ^
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline mousef

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2018, 01:44:14 PM »
As a reminder, you can now purchase every common and uncommon crystal from the base game, plus Amazonite, from the computer, which makes the crown even more powerful.

I wasn't aware of this! Thank you for the info :D

Thirst in my vamps is an issue that can't be perked away, but now I have the perfect answer.

If the crown is worn constantly, the crystals don't last much at all -- and when they break they tank one of your needs, even if you have the vamp perks that should prevent it (I keep some moodlet solvers/books of life around in case that happens). You'll know the crown is about to break when the lights turn orange, then you can remove the crystal and slot a new one. What I have been doing is equip the crown for a few seconds when their thirst is low and then remove it; it won't completely fill thirst, but gets the bar almost full without drinking 752863 plasma packs or losing reputation from a deep drink.

This object is so OP it's a bit nuts really. I can't see me ever using it but it'll be interesting to see how others plan to use it.

The crystals break very fast, which makes it not as OP as I initially thought; still useful for some crazy bouts of skilling I suppose, but not something to be worn constantly (it also makes other sims point and laugh at the wearer, which was hilarious at first but eventually became tiring).
Hematite, however, is incredibly powerful. Worn to work by a test sim got her from average to excellent work performance almost instantly. It then broke halfway through her shift and tanked her fun, but a good mood before work and the carefree reward trait would prevent any performance loss from this. And, as DarkWalker pointed out, you can buy it from the computer now, so no more gambling with the Wishing Well for fast promotions ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2018, 02:47:44 PM »
@mousef  still way too OP for me. When I was play testing it I kinda liked the point-and-laugh thing going on...but then I'm more a deviant player these days! lol
The bonus rates to careers and fame gain makes this an object I'll never use.

@Carl  acknowledged your info mousef as you posted it all first, in his recent Guide to the Crystal Crown  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.