Author Topic: ADVENTURE: The Grand Master's Fight  (Read 30696 times)

ithadtobekaya

ADVENTURE: The Grand Master's Fight
« on: December 13, 2009, 01:12:24 PM »
Has anyone done this adventure? Its telling me I need to do a martial arts tournament, but its not marked on the map like with tomb adventures, so I have no idea what to do! (the adventure is in China by the way) Any help would be awsome, I'm eager to progress.
 ;D

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: ADVENTURE: The Grand Master's Fight
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 01:38:10 PM »
Well, I just did the Martial Arts Master walkthrough for Carl's site and basically for that you need to get on the phone and call Sims while in China to set up sparring matches. Eventually my Sim got a wish to "Win a Martial Arts Tournament." That's a little misleading because that's exactly what all of the sparring matches are — they're part of the tournament. I first saw the wish and wondered if it was a separate selectable cue at the Academy. But, maybe if you simply achieve the 5th level in the tournament (Grandmaster) after winning a bunch of matches, then you'll complete the adventure. I'm not sure.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 02:10:03 PM »
Just adding my 2 cents here.  I got that adventure and my sim only had to defeat 1 opponent.  I had to call the next ranked martial artist and then I was given the choice to spar or to challenge to ranked match.  I choose the challenge and when I was done winning that match, my sim was able to continue on to reporting in and advancing the adventure.

ithadtobekaya

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 02:25:51 PM »
Thankyou! I really appreciate it (:

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 02:51:34 PM »
Yep wildred.....all my sim had to do was to beat that one person and he was able to continue on with the adventure. I just went back over to the Academy and called the next contender and that sim met me over at there to do a tournament. (sparring match)

ithadtobekaya

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 02:21:06 PM »
I did this but is it just me or do all sims suck at martial arts, my sim mastered the arts but she never wins matches even against other really low level martial art sims. is this normal?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 02:42:11 PM »
I did this but is it just me or do all sims suck at martial arts, my sim mastered the arts but she never wins matches even against other really low level martial art sims. is this normal?

So, your Sim hasn't won any? I know in Carl's guide he mentions that regular sparring is key to win matches. As soon as my recent Bruce Lee character hit lvl 4 I completely ignored dummy training and board breaking. All he did was spar to max the martial arts skill.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2009, 06:08:22 PM »
No you HAVE to do a lot of board breaking AND meditating to win a lot of matches. I figured that one out when my sim was losing matches too.....even to lower belts! Now she wins most of her matches now that she's more well rounded with all the skills within the martial arts skill.

londongal

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2009, 09:57:29 AM »
hi. forgive me if this is the wrong spot but its the only place that i can see anywhere about sparring. I got my sims lvl in martial arts to lvl 6. and i called the next person in the tourament so that i can do some sparring. The person comes but there is not where to click on her to start, sparring, just normal actions. Is there something i have to do before i can spar with another sim? what does the boards that u break have to do with sparring?

Offline Titus

• Nooboo
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2009, 10:52:54 AM »
Is your sim fatigued ? You can't spar if he is fatigued and I think you can't either if he starts feeling sleepy

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2009, 06:46:02 PM »
You just have to click on the other sim, the one you want to spar with, and click on the "challenge to ranked tournament match."  (or something like that)  If you don't do that, the sim will just walk away pretty quickly.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2009, 06:51:14 PM »
Is your sim fatigued ? You can't spar if he is fatigued and I think you can't either if he starts feeling sleepy

In this case, I've confirmed the option is there but greyed out with a reason you can't spar. I don't know why so many folks have trouble finding partners but I'll look into it as soon as I can.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2009, 08:06:11 PM »
Carl, I'm guessing I know what's going on with londongal, and it's the same issue I had with Bruce Lee when I first tried setting up sparring matches for him. londongal, it's not like chess where an opponent arrives on your lot and you click the chess table. That's nice and simple. With sparring matches you have to greet the person and then you will see Challenge cue. At least at the Academy what I wish EA would have done is the option to click on the sparring platform to cue the match when an opponent arrives. Nice and simple instead of walking over to a person at the entrance to the Academy and inevitably having a sparring match inside with a million things around which looks stupid.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2009, 08:08:41 PM »
Yeah, I sparred at the base camp with people constantly in and out. I had to watch carefully for the named Sim who was coming to fight mine.

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2009, 08:25:36 PM »
What I do is....I always go to the Academy when I want to spar and then I call the Sim. While I'm waiting for them to arrive, I just have her meditate or something. (ya know...to prepare for the fight) Then I watch for when the sim arrives because they ALWAYS stop in the exact same spot....in the workout room right by the pole. They walk in and stand there. Then I have my sim stop what she's doing and "call over." If she doesn't know the person yet....I do the "greet" and then "challenge."  If she already knows them....I just do the "challenge".  Plus, this way, if you call them over, you can have your sim already on the platform ready to go and that sim will come to you and it just makes it work out better all around.