Author Topic: Increasing Visa Points?  (Read 138143 times)

Offline mappam

• Llama Wrangler
Increasing Visa Points?
« on: December 14, 2009, 01:01:16 PM »
Is doing the adventures the only way to increase the Visa Points?

I am running out of French Adventures and afraid I won't make it to the full 3 needed to buy a vacation home.

I wondered if there is a "cheat" to increase the Visa Points?

Thanks so much
Huggs Pam

I live in my own little world - I like it there - everyone knows me.

bshag

Re: Increasing Visa Points?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 01:05:26 PM »
I don't think there's a cheat for visa points but then again, I don't use cheats.  My sim did many adventures in France and now has a home there, so I don't think there's any worries about running out of adventures.

Good Luck!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline romagia

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 01:08:26 PM »
Also you can receive opportunities at home requiring you to bring an item to France. They aren't "adventures" but they increase visa points.

Offline mappam

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 01:14:02 PM »
Thanks for the very quick replies!

I have not recieved any "at home" adventure requests - interesting - thanks.
Huggs Pam

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 06:06:35 PM »
I found that purchasing the "Prepared Traveler" LTR really helped me to make it to Visa level 3 quickly because even the very first time I went to any of the locations, I was able to stay 6 days instead of 3.

Another thing that helps, though it IS kinda cheating, is to use the teleport option frequently instead of wasting so much time running back and forth to locations. I don't like using the cheats at all when I'm exploring, but the travel time between locations is ridiculous!  Especially if you take something to somebody and they tell you, "Oh I forgot to mention that I need this too" and off you go again for another 3 or 4 hour trek across the country to get the forgotten item. When I first got WA, I never used ANY of the cheats and I did eventually get to visa level 3, but it would often take 3 or 4 trips there to get it just because of all the wasted running time.

Also, once you get enough gold coins, my favorite things to buy from the Special Merchant are the "Tear of Horus" in Egypt and the partnership certificate with all the countries to allow you extra time in country.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 09:18:19 PM »
Is doing the adventures the only way to increase the Visa Points?

I am running out of French Adventures and afraid I won't make it to the full 3 needed to buy a vacation home.

I wondered if there is a "cheat" to increase the Visa Points?

Thanks so much

Yeah, you really shouldn't be running out of adventures to do. All the locations have so many you eventually come to gain ancient coins in place of the visa points you'd normally gather. Maybe you're saying you're not getting the type you like? You can always decline and take on a different one. From my experience there are always at least 3 adventures on the board.

Offline mappam

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2009, 10:04:45 AM »
Thanks guys.

I have been using the teleport "cheat" - um - a lot lol as I hate to wait for my Simmy to travel from point A to point X.

My Simmy has 2 options for a new Adventure in France. Both are 'go some other country and get something' type. So I am on hold until I visit either/or other country first.

I would love there to be a way to get more points without doing adventures - maybe re-exploring areas? Or making friends with locals? Not just the adventures. I am afraid that once I have done the different quests with a couple of Simmies that I will get tired of them with a new Simmy. (did that make sense?)

Huggs Pam

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2009, 12:47:48 AM »
I would love there to be a way to get more points without doing adventures - maybe re-exploring areas? Or making friends with locals? Not just the adventures. I am afraid that once I have done the different quests with a couple of Simmies that I will get tired of them with a new Simmy. (did that make sense?)

I'm afraid only Adventures will get you Visa points.  I understand what you mean, though.  When you go back to France with a different Sim, you'll have to play all the same adventures again from the beginning.  And true with the vanilla Sims 3 game, too.  Eventually, you will have done almost everything and will start repeating Lifetime Wishes and such.  Hopefully, by the time you repeat Adventures you will have forgotten some of it.  Plus, you will probably see some things you missed the first time through.  That happens to me a lot!
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2009, 11:37:06 AM »
The only way I know to get to visa level 3 faster is to give your Sim the Adventurous trait.
I don't remember whether you will get more visa points per adventure or if you need fewer points to advance but the result is the same; you will increase the visa level much faster.

You can use the cheat "testingcheatsenabled true" and shift-click your Sim to change their traits. With the Adventurous trait, the Prepared Traveler reward and a little luck you should be able to get to level 3 on your first trip.

After that you can use the cheat to change the Adventurous trait to something else and just ignore the adventures if you want to.

bshag

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2009, 12:22:45 PM »
I was thinking that getting level 3 visa would take forever but it happens pretty quick.  Sims get points for other things other than exploring tombs which is great if you have a fraidy-cat sim like some of mine.  :D

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
Visa Levels
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2009, 09:59:55 AM »
I wonder exactly how visa levels are calculated and what LTR might make them happen faster? The reason I'm wondering is because my two sims are currently in China. My main sim Audrey, already has a level 3 visa, but her boyfriend Steve.....it's his first visit. He has only done one adventure so far...the one where he has to gather metals to help someone build a telescope and then convince locals to keep their lights off so she can see the Dragon Cave better at night.....and they have only been in China for 2 days. Now suddenly, he just completed that adventure and he gets the message that he's a visa level 2! I never even saw where he got visa level 1. Also, I looked at his adventure journal and it's showing that he's already part of the way to visa level 3 and he's only done that one adventure. It seems like it took longer for Audrey to get her visa level up when she first went to China.

So I'm wondering if him traveling with Audrey, and her having the "prepared traveler" perk or some of the other ones....if it's allowing him to move up quicker.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2009, 11:25:18 AM »
RockinRobin, I merged your topic into this previous one that also deals with VISA points.

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2009, 02:54:20 PM »
Thanks Metro....I looked for a thread on visa levels when I posted this one this morning, but couldn't find it. Someone may have answered my question. My sim does have the "adventurous" trait....so maybe that's why he's leveling up quicker. I don't know. It just seems strange that he's already working on level 3 when he's only been in China for 2 days and completed only one adventure.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2010, 08:30:30 PM »
i also have noticed if you get the lifetime reward "opportunistic" for 10,000 LTPs i can almost always get to level 3 on my first visit.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2010, 10:41:22 PM »
i also have noticed if you get the lifetime reward "opportunistic" for 10,000 LTPs i can almost always get to level 3 on my first visit.

Good stuff, I have a Sim heading to France soon and will have to check it out.. I might be able to use it in my seasoned traveler guide.

anything