Author Topic: Increasing Visa Points?  (Read 138390 times)

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
Re: Increasing Visa Points?
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2010, 03:46:45 AM »
My bad.  I just created a new Sim and his lifetime wish was to have maxed Visas for all 3 countries.  I was like, ok, easy!  I got my opportunistic lifetime reward and headed to China.  I was able to get to 86% of level 3 in the 3 days.  So, you actually need to have the opportunistic lifetime reward PLUS the prepared traveller, which gives you 3 extra days.  Sorry I didn't remember that!  Doh!!  :-[

Offline e^(pi*i)

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2010, 11:40:51 AM »
i also have noticed if you get the lifetime reward "opportunistic" for 10,000 LTPs i can almost always get to level 3 on my first visit.

Wow, I never thought of that! I've never taken that Lifetime Reward because I'm not really too big on opportunities, but I never considered that it could really help with visa points!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2010, 11:44:05 AM »
i also have noticed if you get the lifetime reward "opportunistic" for 10,000 LTPs i can almost always get to level 3 on my first visit.

Wow, I never thought of that! I've never taken that Lifetime Reward because I'm not really too big on opportunities, but I never considered that it could really help with visa points!

That never would have occurred to me either. Seriously. But, don't you say it, e^(pi*i), don't you dare say what you're thinking!  :D ;D

Offline simone23

• Townie
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2010, 12:50:39 PM »
Opportunistic definitely increases VISA points.  It's also worth noting that you get an extra 3 days for each member of your traveling party who has Prepared Traveler, so it's worth it to get that LTR for each of the sims in your household.

Also, you can never run out of Opportunities.  If there's one on the board you don't like, don't choose it and look again.  Every travel location has random opportunities to bring pictures of things (if you have the photography skill learned), bring fish (if you have the fishing skill), bring cooked dishes (cooking), France has bring Nectar (whether or not you have Nectar making), and if you don't have any skills there's always just bring X pieces of metal or gems.  There are also multiple interaction opportunity chains - in France there's the oh-so-repetitive please go ask so-and-so out for me, in China it's go ask Sim why they don't want to be in our Martial Arts group, I forget the one for Egypt, but you get the drift.