Author Topic: Sim Sinking through Floor  (Read 20199 times)

Offline n8thegr8

• Townie
Sim Sinking through Floor
« on: January 08, 2011, 09:16:11 AM »
My Sim keeps sinking through the floor to the ground level. This happens whenever he eats of clears the table. I have tried restarting the game, and using resetSim.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Sim Sinking through Floor
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 09:55:51 AM »
My Sim keeps sinking through the floor to the ground level. This happens whenever he eats of clears the table. I have tried restarting the game, and using resetSim.

I saw your post in the Dynasty thread and asked if you had tried resetting, so that answers that. Hmmmm...I don't know of another solution. Your file may have become bugged. Does this happen with only one household member and in one circumstance?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 03:59:07 PM »
Had happens to me before. One sim walks the stair, falls through the floor and has to start over again. I actually have that filmed once.
Maybe members could upload films about bugs. So we can make a Bugged Movie. :P

You know, this one is in fact the oldest bug ever. The first time I encountered it was when I was 14, nine years ago now. Yes, it happens already in The Sims 1.

Offline The Illuminator

• Occult
  • Illumination now with energy saving light bulbs!
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 04:47:41 PM »
Had happens to me before. One sim walks the stair, falls through the floor and has to start over again. I actually have that filmed once.
Maybe members could upload films about bugs. So we can make a Bugged Movie. :P

You know, this one is in fact the oldest bug ever. The first time I encountered it was when I was 14, nine years ago now. Yes, it happens already in The Sims 1.

In sims 2, if I recall correctly, my cats (no dogs...) kept sinking in the floor... The cheat maxmotives solved the problem, but using a cheat that also makes all mood bars completely green is not fun at all...
Le mot impossible n'est pas Francais

The word "impossible" is not French

- Napoleon Bonaparte -

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 07:11:08 PM »
I also found that if you reset them on the lowest level of your lot (like take them outside of a building) and then reset them they seem to go back to normal. I've tried just resetting them when they were on the second floor of a house or even the first level they still fall through the floor. But like I said just take them outside and hopefully they will get their act together. :)

Offline n8thegr8

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 07:51:24 PM »
It just fixed itself. Randomly he just ate a meal with no sinking through the floor. I let out a yell, only to find that that same Sim is plagued by the bad mood bug.

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 02:53:23 AM »
It just fixed itself. Randomly he just ate a meal with no sinking through the floor. I let out a yell, only to find that that same Sim is plagued by the bad mood bug.
Always the way, huh? :P
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2011, 03:09:02 AM »
I had something similar happen.  My sim would get out of bed and either be standing in the middle of the nightstand or sink in the floor and be hovering in the basement.  I rearranged the room, moved the bed to the other side of the room and that helped and it never happened again.  I named it dead air space, I know, it is silly, but it seemed to make sense at the time.  I can be a little warped sometimes, lol. ;D
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline n8thegr8

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2011, 07:52:23 PM »
@Saltypaws
No! I can see where you were going with that. I had tried a kitchen table to see if that fixed it as opposed to using the dining room table. It didn't, but luckily it was fixed either way.

Offline Amaranth

• Nooboo
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2012, 05:24:34 PM »
I dunno if anyone here has tried this/has found their own fix; I found a fix that worked for me on the Sims 3 forums. Basically, type "testingcheatsenabled true" (This is just to fix the problem, for those of you who are anti-cheats), then shift-click a spot on your sim's lot (doesn't have to be more than five feet away, if you want). Then, click "Teleport Me Here" on the little radial menu that pops up.
I hope this helps you all!

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2012, 06:07:48 PM »
Thanks for sharing that idea, Amaranth!  I'm sure others will find it helpful.  I'm tucking it away in the back of my brain where I hope it will be ready to remember when I need it.  :)

And welcome to the forum!

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline donatello

• "Dreamin' dreams to oneday carve in stone..." - Prime Circle
  • Occult
  • Just as well my sims game is unplayable (stupid update issues!) I don't have time these days anyway.
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2012, 12:44:28 PM »
This bug, to my knowledge and in my experience, shows up (for me) only after building a place and moving sims in. My understanding is as follows:
A newly-built house has no registered routing, and if you messed aruond with your floor levels a bit, the game seems to not be sure on which floor your sim actually is, so defaults ("sinks/rises") to the floor level occupied before attempting to ascend or descend stairs. Sometimes living in that house for a sim week or so fixes it (as regular routes are registered), otherwise it usually requires deleting and replacing stairs, or in extreme cases a partial or complete rebuild. After replacing stairs, I still find at times that living in for a while is necessary. It's annoying but it is my standard test for any build I create, before posting it. Vector Mansion on my thread in houses and lots required such a rebuild (the entire back half was demolished). It was a nightmare but the house was too beautiful not to rescue.
"Life is not worth living unless lived for someone else" - Albert Einstein
"The only history worth a tinker's dam is the history we made today" - Henry Ford
"If it feels like you have everything under control, you're simply not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Offline SeaUnicorn

• Townie
  • Pool noodles are awesome!
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2012, 12:52:37 PM »
This has happened to me once before my mo's laptop crashed and I had a sim withdrawal for a year. The problem was that I had made a house with columns as the first floor but when I had finished, I got rid of all the columns. The solution was to add the columns back into the house. Hope this helps!
I love rain!