Author Topic: The (Ordinary) Lives of Barnacle Bay PART 1 COMPLETED  (Read 61256 times)

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
Re: The (Ordinary) Lives of Barnacle Bay
« Reply #120 on: June 16, 2011, 11:01:10 PM »
Finally, an update! We're finishing off Round 2 with the last family - the Fangs. They've just moved into a wonderful new gothic home (made by lilygirl - link ). It's a little barren right now, because they could only just afford it as is, but Suzy plans on decorating it as soon as they have the simoleons.

But first, there's 3 little girls to look after. Here they are in their toddler dresses:

Belladonna, with her mother's red tipped hair (Brave and Athletic). Chimera with darker skin and her dad's hair (Absent-minded and Artistic). Isolde, whose hair and eye colour came from who knows where (Good and Genius).

And when the family moved into their new house, there was a surprise waiting for the triplets. Their own dolls! They quickly gave them names and loved them to death. Belladonna named hers 'Pyro' (she has a thing for fire perhaps?), Chimera named hers 'Leonardo' (she already knows her artists!), and Isolde named hers 'Sugar'(who knows what was going through her head, or stomach?).

And life was generally hectic for the Fang family. Suzy and William took it in turns to feed the triplets, change their diapers, and teach them to walk, talk, and use the potty. Emptying the 3 potties became old very fast. When they had free time, Belladonna liked to play with her pirate toy chest, Chimera quickly learned all she could from the xylophone, and Isolde mastered the block toy. They all also became quite close to their special dolls. And admist all this chaos, Suzy did find some time to work on her drum skills, a little, and William managed to finish a great painting. He braved the morning sunlight and gave it to Roxie Lin, who gave him $4328 and a celebrity star! With the money William and Suzy bought a bed fit for royalty. And then, to top off the week, Suzy and William had done so much that they wanted to with the triplets, that William rewarded himself with the 'Suave Seller' reward and Suzy got 'The Next Big Thing' reward.

And that's the end of Round 2! In Round 3, we'll be visiting each family for 8 days instead of 5, so expect more fun!

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #121 on: June 16, 2011, 11:25:47 PM »
The little girls are adorable! Although I really hope they grow into those cheekbones.

Nice to see so much of William. :P
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #122 on: June 17, 2011, 12:08:27 AM »
Yes he does like walking around in his undies, doesn't he? Lol :)

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #123 on: June 17, 2011, 12:26:48 AM »
Welcome to Round 3! 8 days instead of 5. And as usual, first off the bat is the McGraws.

Lets see what the eldest McGraw kid, Jason, has been up to. He's suddenly found all these new activities to play. He went for a ride on the couch, buried his homework in the new sandpit his parents bought, played submarine in the bath, and dressed up as a princess - no wait that can't be right - scary dinosaur!

Baby Rebecca has grown up into an adorable toddler:

Rebecca enjoys being attacked by her mummy's claw, playing blocks with her big brother Anton, and going on strolls in the pram.

Stiles and Monika have started reading the children to sleep at night. Jason's best friend Patricia Crumplebottom came over for a play date - they had a pillow fight. And before long it was time for Anton to grow up.

Here's Anton as a child:

He gained the Lucky trait.

And the next day Monika was caught unawares when she aged up to an adult, and had a midlife crisis! Quickly she was off to the mirror and the dresser to refresh her look:

Stiles admired his wife's new look, particularly her pajamas, and went for a little change himself. He discovered that he can suddenly grow body hair! And while all this was happening, Anton was playing peek a boo with Rebecca.

Now that both boys are children, it's time to see what they're up to. Together they do their homework... sometimes. They like their costume chest. They go on a field trip to the science facility, picking up a souvenir and some comments on Anton's permanent record. They both join Scouts after school. And Jason dares Anton to play a prank on their dad, with hilarious results.

Stiles meanwhile has his first gig with his band, The Barnacles. It goes well at first, and the band are all happy with their celebrity stars that they got for playing on stage recently (see the Lins Round 2). But just as they are about to finish, they have to stop abruptly because Agnes peed her pants. How embarrassing. Lala Angelista, who set up the gig, was not at all pleased.

But even more change was coming about. In no time Rebecca had learnt all she could and was ready to age up to a child. See her room - from when she was a toddler to the make over for her child birthday. This little girl simply loves pink, and gains the trait 'Bookworm'.

Now that all 3 children are at the same age, they celebrate with their first slumber party. 6 kids in the house was a whirlwind for Stiles and Monika, and even when 5 were asleep outside in sleeping bags, Elan Daly was in their kitchen eating cake all night long.
And Monika has not forgotten her midlife crisis. She gets just enough money from selling the toddler toys to spoil herself with a trip to Egypt. She takes Jason with her, because she can already see that he's going to be an adventurer. Together they explore the easiest tomb, and bring home some souvenirs for Jason to display in the room he shares with Anton.

I hope I didn't bore you with too many pictures. Next up will be the Steels...

Offline Ballerina4life

• Llama Wrangler
  • Dance is the hidden language of the soul
« Reply #124 on: June 17, 2011, 01:05:12 AM »
I think that this may be my first time posting on this thread but I have been reading this story from the beginning! I want to tell you that it is amazing and I love the idea. Also you could never bore me with too many pictures.
The next time you look into the mirror, just look at the way the ears rest next to the head; look at the way the hairline grows;
 think of all the little bones in your wrist. It is a miracle. And the dance is a celebration of that miracle. *Martha Graham*

CandyHeartedSim

« Reply #125 on: June 17, 2011, 01:47:37 AM »
This story is just amazing, it's so original!

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #126 on: June 17, 2011, 06:25:44 AM »
Yay, updates! Monika's new hairstyle really suits her, and the Steel kids are turning out splendidly! And I didn't mention this before, but I absolutely love the Fang triplets' names. I tend to go for a similar theme when I name vampires (I've currently got vampires named Stoker, Magpie and Venison). I like how the girls ended up with different hair and skin tones. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #127 on: June 17, 2011, 06:36:06 AM »
I love, love, love the screenshots - if only my internet was faster! But that, doesn't matter, of course. Well done with the pics! ;D

Birthdays everywhere - happy birthday everyone! The kids turned up so cute, Monika too. I love her hairstyle as well.

The kids' rooms are awesome - I love the new Generations decorations, they suit quite well. Awesome update, Pally, you never fail to impress me. :D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #128 on: June 17, 2011, 07:51:59 AM »
oh wow thanks for all the nice comments everyone :) *blushes*

I love Monika's hairstyle too. And I chose the Fang's names by looking up gothic names. I love their colouring, and it's all natural except I gave Belladonna her mum's hair colour (she had plain black like Chimera) so that at least one would inherit that. Isolde's looks were a real surprise, but a good surprise, I think she has a very unusual beauty.

Did you like the pick of Jason in the princess costume? I thought I'd just have to try that, and it was hilarious.

I am already way into the Steels. I'm liking this 8 day round very much. I have the next 4 weeks off mostly so expect lots of updates. I'm already dreaming about each family's pets for the next expansion, but I'm getting a little ahead of myself there I think :P.

DayspringSylph

« Reply #129 on: June 17, 2011, 11:22:15 AM »
I love this story! What pattern are you using for Rebecca's room - the one for bed covers and the curtains? I love that!

Natsuko

« Reply #130 on: June 17, 2011, 12:41:49 PM »
So, how many rounds are there going to be? I really love this story, can't wait to read more!

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #131 on: June 20, 2011, 06:03:59 AM »
Thank you natsuko and dayspring! The pattern I used for Rebecca's room is almost identical to a pattern in fabrics that seems to be new with generations. I only changed the background to white instead of black, but you should be able to recognise it when you see it. I love it, it's perfect for her room.
As for how many rounds, well, as long as I stay interested really, so indefinitely? Until sims 4? No promises, but that's what i see happening. And I'm just about to post the Steel story tonight - yes 8 day rounds are here to stay! :D

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #132 on: June 20, 2011, 07:48:14 AM »
The 2nd family in Round 3 is the Steels! They've moved to a new house, right next door, (from the swap shop) and did enormous renovations to make it look more like their modern style, with room for 2 cars in the garage, and a big front lawn for parties. But it looks like they won't have much time for parties, because...
Finally Christopher and Blair hear the chimes in bed. They excitedly expect the birth of their child. Meanwhile, both are doing well at work. Christopher is continuing to take the kind approach to ghost busting, though he is not always successful. His latest client was Bobby Sargeant, but after finding not a trace of ghosts at his property (yes even the secret basement), and finding nothing, Chris has a hunch that Bobby was just trying to be 'normal'. Chris also deghosted the Fang's house, and rid the Malifa home of poltergeists. Chris has also found a hobby for his free time - mining. He couldn't resist buying the miner for sale at the consignment store, and quickly got to work in the backyard. Already he's finding small gems and metals, and exploring the holes is a lot of fun. He finds everything from a hidden gnome society, to a monster asleep in a replica of stonehenge. Blair is also shining bright in the community. Her latest celebrity oppurtunity was to dance at the Grind, and she did so with her hubby and nicely-rounded belly.

Christopher, in a moment of insanity, tries to throw a party while Blair is heavily pregnant. At least he has the good sense to rush his wife to the hospital when he hears the splash of water. The party is a huge failure, but Blair gives birth to their new son with no trouble at all. Keeping fit for her job (police lieutenant) did her good. Christopher, having spent the day before at the telescope, names their son Mercury, and surprises his wife with a bunch of flowers in her favourite colour. Little Mercury may have the traits of 'Neurotic' and 'Hates the Outdoors' but the happy parents love every bit of their newborn.

Life goes on, and Blair has some spare time on maternity leave to quiz her friend Nina for her latest police report. And then it is already time for Mercury's first birthday. Here he is in his new outfits. Isn't he cute? Though he does appear to have inherited his mother's nose...
Blair gets right to work being a mum, and takes her toddler to the new park in the Bay, Maywood Cafe. There she introduces her son to the wonder of toddler rides, and he has a ball on the little space rocket.

Christopher begins teaching Mercury how to walk, and seems to think that garage is the best place to do it. Mecury enjoys his flashy new toy box. Chris finds a soulpeace gem, an opal, gold, copper, and an oven in one of his holes.

Blair returns to work after a long maternity leave, and gets promoted on her first day back. She has chosen the forensic analyst path in the Law Enforcement career, and is promoted to a Wire Tap Reader. Her partner is none other than Scout Sargeant.

And finally it is time for both Chris and Blair to age up to adults. Unlike others in the Bay, both of them are quite ready to be older, and neither suffer a midlife crisis. Below are their new looks. Blair went for something a bit more her age, but with her own sense of style, and has finally rid herself of those glasses, while Chris is his usual stylish handsome self.

And I'll leave you with some shots of the new house. Blair used the $9000 she got from acting in a commercial, and some money she got for a free laptop and couch, and for the oven Chris found, to buy an expensive hot tub and set it up behind the garage. Also shown is their big (the biggest) tv.

...Next will be the Angelista/Hosni family.

Natsuko

« Reply #133 on: June 20, 2011, 03:49:26 PM »
Welcome little nooboo Mercury! Wow, Blair and Christopher both look good, I especially love Chris'  athletic outfit :D!

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #134 on: June 21, 2011, 03:41:44 AM »
I so love your screenies, Pally - full of emotion! :D

Hehe, Chris is one lucky fellow - all the stuff he dug up. Happy birthday everyone, awesome makeovers! Lol, I also loved the poltergeist's hairstyle. ;D In fact, I truly loved the update - it was awesome!
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa