Author Topic: The (Ordinary) Lives of Barnacle Bay PART 1 COMPLETED  (Read 61763 times)

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
Re: The (Ordinary) Lives of Barnacle Bay
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2011, 12:03:28 AM »
Finally we come to one of the more well-known families: Crumplebottom-Sekemoto. Leighton Sekemoto met Agnes Crumplebottom in Sunset Valley, and fell in love. When they married he brought with him his son Sam and his mother Yumi. 2 babies later, the whole family moved to Barnacle Bay. And so, below we have, from left to right, Agnes Crumplebottom with her eldest daughter Patricia, young Sam Sekemoto, Leighton Crumplebottom (he took his wife's name) with his younger daughter Ingrid, and Grandma Yumi.

Agnes found herself suddenly rich (some estranged ancestor left her about 450,000 simoleons), so she bought a lovely old farm house and property and redid it. Another level was added to the house, the barn turned into a party/hobbies space, the farm yard was replaced with a tasteful garden, 3 new cars were purchased, and the entire property was given a modern, designer-feel. Can you guess which cars belong to which of the 3 adults?

A final addition to the family is their new butler Chadd.

Life in Barnacle Bay began. Agnes found it hard to find time for her passions: playing the Bass and painting, because her daughters took up a lot of her time, even with her mother-in-law helping out. Leighton pitched in when he could, but he was away a lot for his job - he is the Bay's first Architect. He added a gym to the Grisby's basement (see below), which was a great success, and an art room to the Coddle-Darer home, which was not such a success. Sam was busy with school, homework, and his new interest, star gazing. Chadd the butler found himself to be extremely busy. He loved to cook, so there was always a new meal ready for the family. He also occasionally changed a diaper. Other than that, he did not seem to do much but interact socially with the family. All this left him very tired, and since he refused to sleep in his bed, he collapsed on the floor...

This period was a time of many birthdays. First baby Ingrid grew up to a toddler, then Sam became a teenager (he gained the 'Workaholic' trait). Finally, young Patricia grew up into a cute child (I think her trait was family-oriented?). Butler Chadd seemed to be the one to get the most fun out of the birthday celebrations.
And finally we come upon the family in the upstairs hobby room of the shed. Sam has discovered a talent for piano, and jams with his mother while his sisters, father and grandmother look on.

There are only a few more families left to visit in Barnacle Bay before we return to the McGraws. Coming up: the Lin sisters, and the Vampire household.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2011, 01:39:12 AM »
Nice. :)
Formerly Simstar3

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline DeNile

• Occult
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2011, 11:23:53 AM »
Very nice, I love the idea for this story. All the different glimpses are really cool. Agnes and Leighton? Well to each his own I guess :D
The Pendragon Randomacy. My new, and hopefully long-term, story for Carl's forum. Following Anita Pendragon: The Runaway.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2011, 01:44:27 PM »
They actually got married and had a kid via story progression in one of my games! It's nice to see Agnes happy and fulfilled!
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2011, 11:40:21 PM »
I'm enjoying this.  I think my favourite family so far has to be the Sargeants - I'm looking forward to the story revolving back to them again - and looking forward to meeting the Lin Sisters and The Vampire.

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2011, 03:46:24 AM »
I love the new Crumplebottom house :)
Great update!
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2011, 05:00:39 AM »
Good update
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2011, 05:34:34 AM »
Amazing idea. I love all of the updates, but to be honest, I would like to see the Frio brothers here too. Maybe with Jared's baby?  :) Good luck.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2011, 06:12:42 AM »
I personally think you are missing someone rather important in every story... unless I missed him. He has slighly redish hair and blue eyes and he is the best spouse ever?  :P
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2011, 06:19:27 AM »
I personally think you are missing someone rather important in every story... unless I missed him. He has slighly redish hair and blue eyes and he is the best spouse ever?  :P

If that's Chris Steel, then Pallyndrome managed to get him become a Ghost Hunter, and, even weird, marry Blair Wainwright!!  ;D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2011, 06:21:31 AM »
Oh yeah... I missed that one!   :-X
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2011, 04:56:48 AM »
Yep the Steel family's already been done (personally I don't see what's so wonderful about him, ok he's kinda cute, but...?). As for the Frio brothers, I did consider them, but the way I would want to play them out would result in 3 more families: Jared with his wife, Connor with his wife, and Jared's baby with, of course, the mother of the baby Claire Ursine, who in my game I had marry that widower with the 2 sons (the elder of which I killed off cause he was evil). Anyway, to cut a long story short, it's easier without the Frio family. In fact, without them we can cut the story short! lol :)
...Working on the Lin sisters now, and may I just say that Shirley is simply stunning.  :o

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2011, 05:12:26 AM »
Finally we come to the last 2 families!

The Lin sisters both wanted to move to Barnacle Bay, but they needed financial help from their parents. The deal is that they'll be given (more than) enough money to set up house, as long as they live together. This was a hard prospect for the sisters since they couldn't be more different, and their relationship has been rocky all their lives.

Shirley Lin is a sweet girl with a passion for helping others. She's already a resident at the local hospital. Roxie Lin, on the other hand, is a hard-core rock guitarist with her heart set on being a rock star. At the moment she is a Lyricist.

The house they buy and renovate together is done up in primarily Shirley's style, with room for a family (Shirley's dream). Roxie has a separate apartment upstairs with a bedroom in her favourite style and a matching ensuite.

Shirley is quick to work on her dream of having a family, and soon sets her sights on a recent arrival in the Bay - Jules Foulier, who is staying with the Bernard family. Roxie has no idea what her sister sees in the guy - a small time fisherman without a cent to his name? But for Shirley it is love at first sight. She spots him while watching Roxie jam in the park, and dances with him. Their romance quickly takes root, and before long Shirley is planning a wedding party at the local beach. But Shirley's other passion - her job - threatens to ruin her plans. The night before the party she is called in to an emergency at the hospital. But, she makes it back home for a quick sleep and gets to the party in good time. Jules is a little late, but the party goes off without a hitch. Even Roxie attends, and entertains the guests with music after Shirley has to leave the party early to go to work.

Jules and Shirley celebrate their marriage with a skinny dip in the hot tub back home. The couple don't enjoy it much, since they are too self-conscious or possible prying eyes. They decide to install a privacy fence around the tub.

Roxie mean while plans her own party, and invites round all the locals she knows, including the Crumplebottoms, the Greenwoods, and the Caliente sisters. The hot tub makes the party a modest success, and Roxie didn't even have to take out her electric guitar. Work goes well for her, and she is promoted to Back Vocalist with a local band. Work also goes well for the other members of the family. Shirley invents dinosaur-shaped vitamins for the kids at the hospital and gets a raise. Jules hooks heaps of fish, and reaches level 7 in fishing skill, which comes with a promotion to Freshwater Freshman.

And finally, Shirley's dreams of a family come true. She gives birth to a healthy baby boy - Andre. What's even more exciting to her, is that she is finally starting to mend the bridge between her and her sister.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2011, 05:21:55 AM »
And now we come to the strangest new family in Barnacle Bay.

William Fang has invited his best friend, Suzy Strummer, to live with him at his new home in the Bay. He has designed a medieval-style tower for what he hopes will be his new legacy. Suzy is a woman after his own heart, with a love of gothic-style and what goes bump in the night. Wooing a mortal is a synch for this vampire. Suzy is so in tune with him that she does not hesitate to bear her neck for his fangs. A private wedding in their new home works out wonderfully for the new couple.

Suzy is a kind woman. She eats out regularly, and is even give a complimentary angel cake from the bistro for not making a fuss over the busboy's mess. She has a passion for the drums, and after playing a few times in public, she is invited to play rimshots at the local theatre. This successful performance earns her a celebrity star! Emboldened by this success, Suzy decides to start her own band. She names it, The Barnacles, and invites Agnes Crumplebottom (Bass) and Stiles McGraw (guitar) to join her. She hasn't had any gigs yet, but Suzy is sure her band will be a big success.

William decides to take up painting, and dives right in. Within a few days he has mastered the painting skill, receiving a plaque to prove it. But there is another side to William, that comes out at night. He enjoys hunting his neighbours for their blood, and after a few mishaps, he convinces Walter Grisby to be his first victim.

William and Suzy are both eager to start a family, but the last thing they expect is to be given immortal triplets. Suzy and William give them strong gothic names: Isolde, Chimera and Belladonna. Can they survive triplets? William is already dreaming of hiring a nanny...

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2011, 05:27:28 AM »
Well that's it for that round of Barnacle Bay. Before we get to the next round, lets take a look at what the families have been doing since we last saw them:

The Crumplebottoms' butler Chad seems to be suffering from OCD (Obsessive Cooking Disorder).

Tiara Angelista has... joined the army?!

Holly Greenwood is trying a new take on campaigning - playing keyboard in the park.

And who is hanging around the hospital? It's no surprise to see Stiles McGraw and Scout Sargeant there, since they have newborn babies. But why is Christopher Steel there?

... you'll find out in the next round of The (Ordinary) Lives of Barnacle Bay. :)

anything