Author Topic: The (Ordinary) Lives of Barnacle Bay PART 1 COMPLETED  (Read 61923 times)

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
Re: The (Ordinary) Lives of Barnacle Bay
« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2011, 02:23:11 AM »
Lol I was wondering if you'd notice the gnomes :), Lala picked them up at the consignment shop. I had trouble redecorating the McGraw house, but I'm really pleased with how it turned out. Can't believe I did 3 at once! And I'm about to go play more :)

stephalina

« Reply #76 on: April 06, 2011, 11:58:42 AM »

Ah that hair! It really takes me back to the Mid-90's! Every boy in school had that exact haircut and outfit. I love it!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #77 on: April 14, 2011, 02:33:42 AM »
Now we are back to the Grisby family!

First I wanted to give you a relook at their lovely back garden. They've added a sprinkler to help with watering the garden. Let's visit each family member one at a time.

Laurel is her usual art-obsessed self. She hooks her dad into talking about art, even though he hasn't the slightest clue what she's going on about. She helps out with her new baby sister, and gets up early in the morning to work on her sculpting - she's working with ice.

Yvette is busy learning new recipes. She masters: fruit parfait, fish and chips, and cookies. She's doing well at work too, and is given an extra potion of egg rolls as a reward. A few days later, and she finds herself with a raise, and then, a promotion pastry chef. As congralations, Yvette is allowed to take home the barely-used food processor. But Yvette isn't neglecting her home life either - she finds the time to teach her youngest how to walk.

Walter is working hard at his campaign, with time for a few things like teaching his younger daughter, repairing the dishwasher (he gained a handiness skill!), and donating to extinct species recovery. He holds one of his great campaign fundraisers, and finds all his guests to be generous, even young Emerald Greenwood. And all his hard work comes together when he finally becomes Mayor of Barnacle Bay! It just goes to show that this town values a down-to-earth simple no-nonsense kinda guy.

The Grisby's have hired a maid, who turns out to be a distant relative named Simon (he must be related with those ears!). He does the laundry (yay!) but always 'forgets' to clean the toilet...

And finally we come to little Evann. She enjoyed her baby years; her earliest memory is of some out-of-tune guitar playing. She's aged up into a toddler, and isn't she cute? She has her mother's ears and is partial to the colour orange, like her hair. Her favourite activity is playing the xylophone - will she grow up to be more of a musician than her father?

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #78 on: April 14, 2011, 02:36:33 AM »
Aaahh! Little Evan is a cutie! Love the orange hair.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #79 on: April 14, 2011, 02:42:56 AM »
Next, we return to the Darer-Coddle family.

Molly and Juan are still very much in love, despite their enormous age gap. However, with Molly pregnant again, she's begun to snore and Juan can't sleep no matter how hard he tries. Oh well, there's always the couch. Molly juggles the household chores while sharing the baby duties with Juan, who also spends some time on his inventing career. In the background, his latest inventions move when no one is looking.

Little Jay has grown up into a toddler, and his father gave him a dorky (cute!) hat to match his outfit. He happily sleeps with his whale toy, and plays with his cow toy, both given to him by his father. Juan teaches him how to walk, and Molly teaches him how to talk.

Soon it is that time again and Molly heads to the hospital while Juan minds Jay. Ming Darer-Coddle is born with no fuss, to two proud parents and a clueless big brother.

But Molly and Juan both know that these happy days won't last much longer. Juan puts on a good face, but he knows his body's failing him, so he makes sure to make the most of every moment with his wife and children. Then the day comes to say goodbye. Molly told herself she wouldn't cry, but she can't help it. Juan begs Grim for more time, knowing that he's had more time than he should have already. And soon all Molly has left is a grave stone that she tenderly sets in their yard with flowers.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #80 on: April 14, 2011, 02:45:00 AM »
R.I.P Juan!  :'( Welcome Ming and Happy Birthday Evann!!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2011, 03:16:18 AM »
I seem to be doing these in threes...

And we're back to the Caliente house (Dina wanted me to call it a mansion, but it's not quite there yet).

A few changes since we last saw them: Dina redid the bathrooms with money she earned as a celebrity, and Nina gave herself a makeover.

And what's this? Nina has fallen in love. With the chubby wanna-be-journalist from across town. Dina is still reeling. But Nina has found all she ever wanted. Theo Windsoar (pronounced Tay-oe) is loving, funny and sweet. He knows nothing of fame or fortune, and has never heard of the Caliente sisters. Dina tries to rid her sister of this 'filth' but Nina is quick to shut her out. Nina has a few doubts throughout the relationship of course, (that's Nina), but not even Theo's dingy shack could change her mind. She plans a beautiful wedding at the beach, and nearly ruins it running late because she's doing her hair. Still, she does get married, and moves into Theo's house with him.

Meanwhile, what's happening with the other members of the Caliente household? Serena is getting a little sick of doing the household chores, and looks forward to the day she can move out on her own. She's sad to see Nina go, since she's never got on with Dina. But she finds time for her own dreams, and discovers the other local child star, Marcus Malifa. Not even her romance can escape the limelight.

Dina is still redoing the house, buying a huge fireplace and lounge to go with the big tv she was given. And she's hard at work on her idea to get more time for her career. She'll need it too, since her attempt at show business isn't working out as she'd hoped. So finally she meets William Fang, in fact she pees her pants she's so desperate to talk to him, and asks him to grant her eternal life. She is horrified when he refuses, but quickly recovers. Dina is sure she can schmooze her way into his good books. A few days later she tries again, only to be rejected. He explains to her that he won't give such a gift to just anyone. Dina frowns. What does she have to do to get him to bite her?

Back at the second, new Caliente house, Nina is showing off her wedding dress, sure she looks stunning in it. She's had the house turned into a sweet little cottage with what little money she had. It's amazing what a new coat of paint can do, but it's not much yet.

And introducing Theo:

His traits are: Good, Good Sense of Humour, Over-Emotional, Childish, Friendly.

Nina throws the first party at her new home, but soon realises the limitations of such a small house. Still, she insists on dancing the night away with her new hubby. Another downside is having to clean her own dishes, and finding the toilet clogged. But Theo helps out heaps - unblocking the toilet, cooking for her, and cleaning up. And soon comes another surprise. Nina wasn't planning to get pregnant so soon, but Theo is more than ready. Nina finds some perks with a free massage (she's still a celeb), a cash reward to promoting the local bistro. Before she knows it, Nina is at the hospital with her husband saying hello to her twin girls: Mina and Rina. They take their new family home in a limo:

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2011, 03:26:56 AM »
Welcome Theo,Mina and Rina!

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #83 on: April 14, 2011, 03:35:09 AM »
Congrats on the wedding Nina! Welcome to Theo and the nooboo twins, Mina and Rina. Nina's new cottage is cute.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #84 on: April 14, 2011, 03:44:55 AM »
R.I.P Juan!  :'( Welcome Ming and Happy Birthday Evann!!

Jay is feeling a little left out...

Lol thanks for the nice comments everyone. I made Theo myself :)

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #85 on: April 14, 2011, 04:45:08 AM »
Jay is feeling a little left out...

Lol thanks for the nice comments everyone. I made Theo myself :)
Haha I forgot about Jay!

Natsuko

« Reply #86 on: April 14, 2011, 08:21:42 AM »
Welcome Mina and Rina! I love their cottage it's so cute!

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #87 on: April 14, 2011, 12:02:15 PM »
Welcome twins~! ;D
Formerly Simstar3

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #88 on: April 17, 2011, 07:35:48 AM »
I thought I'd go a little slower this time so I'll be doing 1 at a time, instead of 3.

We're back to the most ordinary family in the Bay - the Sargeants! Lets check in with each member of the family.

Bobby is taking over active spy duty while his wife recovers from child birth. Going into the sewers alone is a little daunting for him, but he gets to it. He returns a few stolen items to his military base - he took them to investigate a possible traitor, but came up with nothing. At home he works on his fitness - he completes the body builder skill challenge so he no longer gets fatigued after strength workouts. And he helps out around the house, taking turns to look after his son, and cooking (he burnt mac and cheese), cleaning the toilet and repairing the sink. He's so tired out from juggling work and family that he forgets to change out of his agent clothes before dinner. He goes shopping and buys a floor hygienator (perfect for the entry to the sewers in the basement) and an inventing gnome that he programs to guard his child's doorway. He does find time to upgrade the toilet to self-cleaning though. He can't risk hiring a cleaner, because they might find out their secret. His effort at work pays off - he is promoted to Wingman, which is of course a front for a secret agent position.

Scout is staying at home with Bold, but she yearns to go back to field duty. She can't resist calling in a favour with Blair Steel to ask her questions for a report, though she felt very uneasy when the paparazzi followed Blair on the visit. But being at home has some perks: she notices poor Molly Darer-Coddle wandering past and gets the chance to comfort her over her recent loss. She spends some time up the report on Blair in their secret basement. A pity she can't fit in the hot tub now that she's pregnant again (she and Bobby are planning for 2 children to appear normal).

This time round, Scout is making sure to look after herself during her pregnancy: she gets a deep tissue massage and heads to the hospital when the time comes. Bobby and Scout name their daughter Gentle. She has the traits: Friendly, Brave. Bobby is thinking that perhaps she'll live a gentle, peaceful life, but Scout reckons she'll still take down bad guys, she'll just do it gently.

And now we come to little Bold. He celebrates his birthday with his parents, and grows up into a mini-Bobby. His parents give him ordinary clothes in the hope that he'll fit in in the neighbourhood, and of course they start his training straight away. He can't be an agent if he can't walk or talk.

...hopefully that wasn't too boring. Next will be the Bernard family.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #89 on: April 17, 2011, 11:59:36 AM »
Definitely not boring! Welcome little Gentle. Bold is a cutie. I hope Bobby starts doing better with the Mac and Cheese.

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

anything