Author Topic: The (Ordinary) Lives of Barnacle Bay PART 1 COMPLETED  (Read 61255 times)

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
Re: The (Ordinary) Lives of Barnacle Bay
« Reply #165 on: July 22, 2011, 02:54:15 AM »
Here is the Greenwood family - lots happening here!

Oliver Greenwood (dad) - Adult
Holly Greenwood (mum) - Adult
Jade Greenwood (daughter) - teenager
Emerald Greenwood (daughter) - teenager
Topaz Greenwood (son) - toddler

The first event for this family is Jade's long awaited birthday to Young Adult. They celebrate with the usual cake, and then Jade heads off to buy her new outfit. She gains the 'Loves the Outdoors' trait, and her life time wish is to be a superstar athlete. She's already been accepted for the Bay's Soccer team (The Pidgeons), and so she decks herself out in her new team colours, then heads off for her adult life.

Now Emerald is the only teenager in the house, and she's beginning to want what a normal teenager wants. Despite her ecofriendly personality, she can't resist the urge to learn to drive. Knowing her mum would disapprove, she asks her dad in the bushes next to the house, and he agrees to teach her. Oliver is however very displeased when she skips school in a mood, and gives her a good scolding. But he forgives easily, especially when Emerald helps out with the laundry and fixes some appliances around the house.
Meanwhile Holly and Oliver taught little Topaz how to talk, concentrating on topics close to their hearts. They also refurbished Jade's old room to be a workshop for Emerald, who quickly started inventing numerous contraptions.

Soon is is time for Topaz to grow into a child. They hold a party, which also acts as a campaign fundraiser for Holly, and Topaz grows into a charming little boy with his mum's hair colour and the 'Excitable' trait.

Topaz is a darling little boy, with too much free time on his hands. He spends his free time dancing and playing king with the kitchen chairs. Holly enjoys reading him to sleep at night. Meanwhile Holly and Oliver are always renewing their love to each other. And Emerald finds it's time for Prom! She doesn't know anyone to ask, so she gussies up and heads off alone in her second hand shirt and pants. But amazingly she's named prom queen! And she is attracted to a classmate named Charlie...
Holly is doing well at work, and is promoted to Mayor! And Emerald joins the Shop class after school, and reaches level 3 in inventing.

Holly and Oliver are getting older, and Emerald is nearly ready to leave the roost. They discuss it with Topaz, and together decide to try out the School of Peace and Love. Topaz is excited to go to such a nice sounding school and meet kids his own age.
The next day Oliver has his elder birthday, and chooses some clothes more befitting his age:

The next day it's Holly's turn for a birthday. She's  surprisingly happy to be getting older - she's ready for a new stage in her life.

And finally it's time for Emerald to grow up. She is still the extra ordinary she was as a teenager. She gains the Eccentric trait, and dreams of being a monster maker. She also chooses all her new clothes from the local second hand store. They may lookcheap or old fashioned to her peers, but she likes to look different. Like Jade, she heads off on her bike to explore the unknown, but leaves her drinking llama invention as a parting gift to her parents. Holly and Oliver spend their new childless-life discovering new hobbies: Hobby learns the piano, and Oliver takes up jogging.

...I'm already working on the next family - the Malifa family. :)
Are the pictures of the new outfits too big for anyone? Also, would you prefer I not show all the outfits, if they're taking up too much of the story? I love designing all the new clothes so often for so many different sims, but if you'd prefer I can tone down how much of them I show (I know some outfits are boring).

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #166 on: July 22, 2011, 03:00:25 AM »
Happy Birthday to everyone one! I say the pictures of the clothes are fine. I Actually like them and the size is good.

Now Emerald is the only adult in the house, and she's beginning to want what a normal teenager wants.
I think you wrote a mistake as it says Emerald is an adult when she is currently a teenager.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #167 on: July 22, 2011, 03:06:51 AM »
thanks gogo, I fixed it. That'll (probably) teach me to reread it all before I post lol.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #168 on: July 22, 2011, 10:15:59 AM »
It's nice seeing the next generation moving out into the world, I can't wait to see all the cute little households in the next round now!  :D

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #169 on: July 23, 2011, 04:55:05 AM »
hehehe so many updates lately, I mustn't be doing enough homework.

Now the Malifa family:

Buzz Malifa (dad) - Adult
Lala Malifa (stepmum) - Adult
Marcus Malifa (son/stepson) - Teenager
Catalina Malifa (daughter/stepdaughter) - Toddler

The Malifa family have been very busy. Lala is proving to be a wonderful stepmom. She makes sure Catalina feels loved, and tries to do the same for Marcus. Meanwhile Marcus is having some teenaged fun. He plays his first prank on their neighbour Dina Caliente - a poop bag that proves hilarious. He's joined the Music Club and the Drama Club, and is doing well at school, despite releasing thousands of frogs at his school.
Catalina celebrates her birthday with her family, and gains the Over-Emotional trait.

Catalina is an active child. She enjoys playing princess, and gets everyone to play hopscotch with her. Lala helps her with her homework, and she makes a best friend in Ingrid Crumplebottom.
Marcus continues his pranks, this time doing the fake-doorbell trick on Theo Windsoar. He also tries to flood the school, but is caught by the janitor and taken home in the police car. Lala grounds him, while Buzz is indifferent - Lala complains that Buzz doesn't help out with the kids at all, forgetting that he potty trained Catalina and taught her to walk. On a better note, Marcus enjoys a field trip to the local theatre, and gets to level 1 in Piano, Bass and Guitar, as well as level 1 in charisma from Drama club.

And after a long wait, it's time for Lala and Buzz to grow into elders. Lala retains her dazzling style, while Buzz is his usual hard-core self:

Lala has been working hard on writing drama novels. Here's a list of the books and how profitable they were:
'Stepmom' -  6 x $248
'Young Star' - 6 x $309
'Pranked' - 6 x $328
'Growing Old Gracefully' (a bestseller) - 6 x $574
'Caneless' (hit) - 6 x $491
She's earned the Drama Novelist status, is rising in the writing career, and has a new lifetime wish to be a professional author.

Buzz is upgrading everything in site to improve his handiness skill (level 6) for work. He gets promoted to Squadron Leader (level 8), and gvies a fitness speech at the town hall.

Before they know it, it's time for Marcus to become a man. He gains the Virtuoso trait, and leaves home dreaming of freedom. Where will he go?

To wrap things up, lets see what Catalina is up to. She invites her best friend Ingrid over to play, and then holds a slumber party for most of the local girls her age, and one brother that tagged along. She tells a riveting ghost story, and they all sleep under the stars. The next day the girls and boy leave with great memories of an awesome party. These are who attended:
Mina and Rina Caliente, Ingrid Crumplebottom, Ming Darer-Coddle, Evann Grisby, Rebecca McGraw, Gentle and Bold Sargeant.
And lastly, Catalina proudly shows off her new 'plie' ballet move to her father.

Next up is the Crumplebottoms. Only 4 (or so) more families to go in Round 3! :D

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #170 on: July 23, 2011, 05:09:22 AM »
Awesome update! Happy birthday to everyone! The Mailifa's all have very interesting personalities.

Offline simsally

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #171 on: July 23, 2011, 01:25:34 PM »
I've seen this on the board a few times and decided to read through the whole thing today.  All I can say is WOW.  I love what you are doing with this story.  I can't wait to find out what all the young adults are doing, and how you bring them back.  Great job and neat idea for a story.  Can't wait for an update, keep up the good work pallyndrome.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #172 on: July 23, 2011, 01:54:13 PM »
I didn't realize you have so many kids in the neighbourhood!
Good luck to all the new YAs leaving home! I'm excited to see what you have planned for them.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #173 on: July 23, 2011, 09:54:43 PM »
I've seen this on the board a few times and decided to read through the whole thing today.  All I can say is WOW.  I love what you are doing with this story.  I can't wait to find out what all the young adults are doing, and how you bring them back.  Great job and neat idea for a story.  Can't wait for an update, keep up the good work pallyndrome.

thanks so much sally, that makes me feel good :)

I didn't realize you have so many kids in the neighbourhood!
Good luck to all the new YAs leaving home! I'm excited to see what you have planned for them.

I know, I'll have to make a list, there's so many of them! And that wasn't all the girls, and didn't include the boys (except for Bold)! I'm going to have a lot on my hands when they all grow up and want homes of their own!

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #174 on: August 02, 2011, 06:08:48 AM »
This is not an update. I do have a family on the way, but I'm letting you know a few things as well. I've rearranged the town, moved houses out of the City area and moved clubs in instead, so it's all in one area (originally the clubs were in a different part of the island). I am also redoing a lot of the community lots, with plans for new parks and more. The next update will show the new Art Gallery and the renovation of one of the plazas into a kids playground.
Also, I am very disappointed about this, but it seems that imaginary friend dolls do not survive the changing of households. So that means that the Fang triplets and Blueberry Bernard (who all had dolls) don't have them anymore. There does not seem to be a way to get them back, by buydebug, so it's highly frustrating. I guess there will be no imaginary friends in my story, and since this is the only save file I play, I'll never play with them either :(. Of course I am open to ideas for how to fix this, but I am not holding much hope.
Anyway, next time should be an actual update.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #175 on: August 13, 2011, 06:56:10 AM »
Time for an actual update!

It's the Crumplebottom's time to shine. The family consists of:

Adult - Agnes Crumplebottom (mum/stepmum)
Adult - Leighton Crumplebottom (dad)
Teenager - Sam Sekemoto (son/stepson)
Child - Patricia Crumplebottom (daughter)
Child - Ingrid Crumplebottom (daughter)

Life is improving for the Crumplebottoms. Leighton is starting to do really well at his job. He's now learnt how to use the tape measure. He's risen to level 8 - Aesthetic Architect, with his painting skill at level 8 as well. He's also gained a celebrity star, and he bought the family's first business - the theatre, which he renamed the Yumi Community Theatre. And to top it off, he chose the Fireproof Homestead as his lifetime reward.

Agnes is discovering the 'joys' of having 3 children. The pranks get to her a little. But she's advancing towards her own goals. She now has 3 celebrity stars, thanks in part to improving her fitness to level 6. She's maxed the painting skill, and is at level 6 in the painter career. She's at level 5 at playing the bass, and has learnT her fifth composition. And she chose the Legendary Host lifetime reward.

The girls (Patricia and Ingrid) make the most of their last childhood days together playing with their new costume chest. They are both on the honour roll at school. Sam is using his freetime to improve his piano skill on his grand piano. He's on the honour roll, has reached logic level 4 and piano level 10. He's madly in love with Laurel Grisby, and even names a star after her.

Soon it's time for Sam's birthday. He grows up into a handsome young man, and gains the Family Oriented trait. He moves out with a considerable allowance and lots of dreams of a family of his own.

It's time for lots of birthdays! Patricia ages up into a beautiful teenager with the Ambitious trait and a love for anything white. Agnes ages into a dignified elder.

At night, grandma Yumi haunts the house, or more specifically, the gaming system. Leighton teaches Patricia to drive in her new car. The whole family enjoys the new water slide - even the paparazzi. Patricia and Ingrid get along great - Patricia even reads Ingrid to sleep some nights. Ingrid goes on a bug hunt and finds her first beetles (she names then BeBe and JoJo). Patricia joins the debate and study clubs now that she's too old for ballet (a pity considering her trophy for best ballet dancer). She works hard on her logic skill and reaches level 5. Ingrid plays with her neighbourhood friends, and shows off her ballet moves to Jason McGraw. A burglar pays the family a visit, and Agnes celebrates her old age with a visit to the Grind. And its finally time for yet another birthday.

Ingrid grows up into a gorgeous teenager. She gains the Nurturing trait, and inherits her mother's curly blonde hair.

Finally, here's some snap shots of Leighton's renovations to the neighbourhood. Can you recognise which families have had their houses improved?

Next time will be the Lin family, and pictures of how the Bay has been improved recently. Redone lots include the pool (thanks kiko):
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=6231.0
and the Art Gallery:
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=6399.0
and Jollyboat (Kids) Plaza:
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=6400.0

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #176 on: August 13, 2011, 07:39:14 AM »
Awesome update! The girls in there princess costumes made me laugh!

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #177 on: August 13, 2011, 12:53:38 PM »
Happy birthday to everyone! Sam has grown up into a handsome young man - Laurel better be prepared to get swept off her feet!

The girl are gorgeous as teens and Agnes is a beautiful elder (as always).
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline kiko94

• Immortal
  • you pronounce it *keko* not *kIko*
« Reply #178 on: August 13, 2011, 07:33:28 PM »
Pally why are you doing this to me? I started reading and couldn't stop ! I lost half the day doing this  :-\ I'm honored that you are using my pool, if you want somthing else just tell me, I'd be glad to help,
My Blog For Sims 3 Buildings, visit for exclusive content -07/11 update : New Houses and community lots, don't miss them !!

-The Awkward moment whe you are viewing who's online, and you find somone looking at your profile...

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #179 on: August 13, 2011, 08:46:39 PM »
Lol kiko? There will be shots of your pool in play with the next family, btw. And I will be putting some more requests on the requests thread sooner or later, as I continue renovating the Bay :)