Author Topic: The (Ordinary) Lives of Barnacle Bay PART 1 COMPLETED  (Read 61260 times)

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
Re: The (Ordinary) Lives of Barnacle Bay
« Reply #180 on: August 14, 2011, 06:07:46 AM »
We're finally back to the Lin family!

Young Adult - Roxie Lin (aunt)
Young Adult - Shirley Lin (mum)
Young Adult - Jules Lin (dad)
Toddler - Marlin Lin (son)
Baby - Piranha Lin (daughter)

The family has been saving their simoleons since we last saw them. Roxie spent some on her new purple motorbike. And there's been a lot of birthdays all rolled together. First, Roxie aged up at her own party. Then Marlin grew into a child - he gained the Genius trait. And Piranha grew up into a toddler.

Roxie took her nephew on a ride in her rock band's limo to the new Pool. They had heaps of fun playing with the water features. Shirley taught Piranha how to walk, and found herself expecting again! Meet Minnow Lin! His traits are Couch Potato and Artistic.

Life continues for the Lins. Marlin is a bit of a nerd. He's not interested in scouting or ballet, but likes the new sandpit in the backyard. Roxie rocks it out with Agnes Crumplebottom at the Founders Park and is promoted to Lead Guitarist (level 8 ). Shirley goes for a stroll with Minnow, and reaches level 6 in logic. And Piranha forms a close attachment to her new doll 'Silly' given to her by great aunt whatsername.

It's time for Shirley to grow up into an adult. She gives herself a new wardrobe. Jules ages up soon after, but all he buys is a new pair of pants.

Roxie celebrates her promotion with a trip to the Brightmore. The next day she tries to help Marlin with his homework, but he might have been better off asking his mum. Marlin is enjoying his new laboratory kit, and Minnow, now a toddler, watches Piranha playing with Silly. A pity no one sent him his own doll.

There's time for one more birthday. Piranha ages up into a toddler with the Daredevil trait, and Silly is quick to follow. Piranha and Silly love playing together - especially when seeing the confused faces of the adults in the house.

And so life continues like normal. Lastly, Jules is doing well at his fishing. He gave Piranha her first pet - a kissing gourami, and reached level 5 in the fishing career - Saltwater Initiate.

This last shot is of the new areas added to the house recently. Shirley's study, the boys' room (both sides), the backyard pond, the boys' bathroom and lab kit room, and the overall floor plan of the ground level with the new additions.

...I hope this one wasn't too boring. Next will be the Fangs, and then the new young adults - will all go as they plan?

p.s. check out my new siggy - isn't it awesome? :D

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #181 on: August 14, 2011, 06:54:26 AM »
Awesome update! Your siggy made me laugh! You really do like Zigzag Rag! Roxie must be heaps of fun to play with, right?
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #182 on: August 14, 2011, 06:58:58 AM »
Roxie is fun - especially choosing her outfits. I saw that screenshot (in my siggy) and just couldn't resist making a siggy out of it. She looked very formidable blown up on my screen. And as for zigzag rag - I love all my patterns - it makes decorating that much more fun! :)

CandyHeartedSim

« Reply #183 on: August 14, 2011, 07:20:15 AM »
Oh my, Ingrid is quite the looker! Can you give me the link to Jules' hair?

By the way, I love how you style your sims, my favourite outfits of yours at the moment is Piranna's!

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #184 on: August 14, 2011, 07:51:22 AM »
I realise now that there's a much better hairstyle for Piranha (I wanted one with the very curly/frizzy hair that is often braided), but I'll have to put it on her next time.

And Jules' hair is cool, it can be found at the sims 3 store:

http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?&productId=OFB-SIM3:21501&categoryId=&scategoryId=11970&ppcategoryId=&gender=female&startAt=30

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #185 on: August 15, 2011, 08:14:11 PM »
I'd really love an update of the Grisby Family. They're my absolute favorite family of all time, and I'd love to see/hear from them very soon.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #186 on: August 16, 2011, 03:02:19 AM »
Well you'll be hearing about Laurel soon. But since I do the family's in a set order, the other Grisbys won't be back for a little while (not forever, since they are early in the rounds). I'm looking forward to playing the new young adults. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #187 on: August 27, 2011, 05:22:07 AM »
Long time no write! So, first I have the Fangs, and then finally the young adults! Fangs first:

Young Adult - William Fang (father/vampire)
Young Adult - Suzy Fang (mother)
Toddler - Isolde Fang (daughter/vampire)
Toddler - Belladonna Fang (daughter/vampire)
Toddler - Chimera Fang (daughter/vampire)

The first big event of the Fangs is the triplets child birthdays. Suzy lets William have some say in their outfits, to... interesting... results.
Chimera has the Heavy Sleeper trait:

Belladonna has the Adventurous trait:

Isolde has the Family Oriented trait:

And their bedrooms get remodeled as well:

The triplets set to their skill building tasks and zoom through the levels. Isolde maxes logic, Chimera, learns all she can about painting, and Belladonna... tries hard to get fit. Unfortunately, her little child body just doesn't want to co-operate. Together they play in the new sandpit in the back yard - a neutral green.

Isolde soon moved on to the telescope, and named her first star... My First Star, and her first satellite: My First Satellite. How original. Chimera takes up cooking, and fills the pantry with lovely goodies. Suzy takes her girls to the pool, where they love the water games, and then to the newly renovated Founders Park - with a new che-no, gnubb board. All 3 girls have their first days at school, using the time to cement their sister bond, and they all sign up for ballet class. Suzy tried to help her daughters with their homework, but found they'd already finished while she was still reading the instructions.

Meanwhile William is pursuing his painting degree. He is now a Prestigious Painter (level 8), and he got $4612 for a painting he gave the cafe. Some nights he sleeps in his bed with his wife, but other nights he prowls the town, but not always with great success. Agnes Crumplebottom is apparently too good to give blood, but Oliver Greenwood is always happy to lend an arm. Suzy is finding her days a little boring lately. She spends the days cleaning up after her children, and playing drums in the park, sometimes with her band, sometimes alone. She relaxes in the spa at the pool, and plays gnubb with her friend Nina Caliente. She really needs something to occupy her time...

And that's the Fangs. I know they're not that interesting really, but that's one more family down. Next will be the new adults! :D

EDIT: oh, and all 3 girls got on the honour roll at school (what a surprise).

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #188 on: August 27, 2011, 05:48:12 AM »
Awesome update! Happy Birthday to the Triplets! I love their looks and how one of them gets her own bedroom! I also like the gnubb board...

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #189 on: August 27, 2011, 05:55:36 AM »
Now for the long awaited young adults. The 3 girls have all moved in to the same townhouse apartment, and they’ve named their flat ‘Fresh Start’:

Young Adult – Serena Abe
Young Adult – Laurel Grisby
Young Adult – Jade Greenwood

All 3 young women are relishing their newfound freedom. Serena manages to cram a small bar into the flat beneath her loft bed, and gets to work learning mixology. Laurel signs up for the Sculptor career, and jams a sculpting kit into the corner of the bedroom, where she spends all her time. Jade scores a job at the Stadium, and in her free time she trains herself, and others at the local gym, or sometimes in front of the tv at home. All 3 girls take their turns cooking and cleaning up. At night Serena goes clubbing, sometimes dragging Jade along with her (nothing gets Laurel out it seems). Serena is quite disappointed when she is repeatedly rejected as a mixologist – after reaching level 3, it’s still not good enough, and there’s no room in the flat for a bigger bar. So she parties her sorrows away late into the night.

A few days later, and look which new young adult turns up to stay! Sam Sekemoto seems to be just the thing to get Laurel away from her easel. He whips her away on a whirlwind date with flowers, dinner, dancing, a movie, and watching the stars. The only down point is when Sam mentions how many children he wants, and Laurel seems unhappy about something. But that’s soon forgotten. Nothing could go wrong for this couple, surely.

But things do go wrong. It starts slowly at first. Laurel gets moody sometimes (perhaps she breaths in too much sculpting dust), and snaps at Sam over the colour blue, of all things. Sam takes her out to the Grind for some fun, but gets a little uncomfortable when she dances on a table – a little too out there for a simple family guy perhaps? And things go downhill from there. Something just isn’t working out between the two, and they argue over all kinds of things, and really start to see the other sides to each other.

Meanwhile, Serena is ecstatic to welcome yet another young adult – she really missed Marcus Malifa. And again, a young lady is swept away by the love of her life. They hit the clubs, and dance as only celebrities can. Marcus isn’t one to waste time – he doesn’t want to share a room with Sam for long if he can help it. He takes Serena to the beach (got to have the right place) and proposes! Serena is overjoyed. Before she knows it, she’s planning a bit bachelorette party at the grind. All the ladies in town turn up in fancy dress. Serena herself wears a stunning white short dress and hat, while Jade and Laurel come in black. Some naughty dancers turn up and fizzy nectar is sprayed everywhere. Life couldn’t be more perfect for Serena.

Then, the final straw with the other couple in the house. Laurel has been thinking about something important. She knows that Sam wants a big family – he talks about it often, but does she share his wish? For whatever reason (maybe she was jealous of her younger sister, or just a loner with her sculptures), Laurel realises that she dislikes children. And Sam is not at all happy about this revelation.  Could this spell the end of Laurel and Sam? Laurel sculpts a loving hand gesture in ice, but she knows that it will soon melt. And after a heated break up and a day apart, Laurel spots Sam greeting the latest new adult. Emerald Greenwood is just the woman Sam is looking for.

By now, everyone has learnt a lot. Jade is at level 4 in her career – a minor leager, and has 2 stars. Laurel is at level 6 in the sculpting career, and sculpting level 10, with 1 star. Serena now has 3 stars and Sam is at level 2 at the Science Facility – a useless contraption manipulator.
And so it’s time for the Fresh Start household to break up. Marcus and Serena head off to their new place, and so do Sam and Emerald. Laurel leaves as well, to find her own place, still quite upset over Sam. And that leaves Jade with the house to herself. She decides that the flat will from now on, be a place for new Barnacle Bay young adults to find their feet, and she’ll stay to help them along.

...hope you liked that. Quite a surprise huh? Next will be a little drop in for Marcus & Serena’s wedding, and then Round 3 will be over! :D

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #190 on: August 27, 2011, 06:18:05 AM »
That was a suprise! Poor Laurel! Maybe someone else out there will like her! Serena and Marcus are a perfect match!

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #191 on: August 29, 2011, 03:14:55 AM »
Um...I know I should be patient and all, but I was thinking about this last chapter for a while and I would really like some feedback. Perhaps this story got pushed down the list too quickly, and no one noticed it? But I'd really appreciate some more comments if it's not too much trouble (thankyou gogo as always :) ).

Offline CharlotteDaBookworm

• Occult
  • Call me Charlotte, Charlie or Char
« Reply #192 on: August 29, 2011, 04:34:51 AM »
Sprry pally I'm one of those lurkers read, think its awesome then dont post. Congrats to Serena and Marcus cant wait for the wedding, poor Laurel someday she'll find the right, Good luck to Sam and Emerald, are there gonna be nooboos, Good luck to Jade helping over young adults to find their feet. Can't wait for the next update, loving this story, its brilliant.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #193 on: August 29, 2011, 09:50:07 AM »
I'm also sad to see Laurel and Sam break up but such is life I suppose when one wants kids and the other doesn't, at least they had that conversation before they got married!

Good luck to the new happy couples starting their own journey in this life.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #194 on: September 02, 2011, 02:06:18 AM »
Thank you for the comments. :) I hope no one is too unhappy about Laurel and Sam - I thought it would be an interesting twist. But if readers would prefer everything to be happy, I'll comply. I just thought that would be a bit boring...

Now to finish up Round 3, a quick drop in to Marcus and Serena on their wedding day!

Serena made sure the flowers were arranged just so, and bought herself a lovely dress and veil. Marcus even hired himself a tux. They invited all their friends, including Marcus' parents, and Laurel, Sam, Jade, and Emerald (even though some of them were still not speaking to each other). Even the paper girl made an appearance. Their vows were lovingly exchanged in front of their house for all to see. Marcus was bowed over by Serena's beauty. Afterwards there was cake and dancing, and the wedding party lasted all day and was judged to be awesome! And finally, Serena and Marcus enjoyed their first woohoo.

And so we leave Round 3 with something nice to remember.

Stay tuned for Round 4, coming up! We'll be seeing lots of kids aging up to teenagers, and rejoin our new young couples in their new lives! :D