Author Topic: The (Ordinary) Lives of Barnacle Bay PART 1 COMPLETED  (Read 61280 times)

loveSims

Re: The (Ordinary) Lives of Barnacle Bay
« Reply #195 on: September 02, 2011, 02:03:13 PM »
I spend the whole afternoon reading from the begining and I love it! Cannot believe I only find it today! You pics is wonderful only bad thing is now I have to wait for updates. Wow have I said that I love it!

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #196 on: September 25, 2011, 01:10:28 AM »
Time to start Round 4! I can't believe it's gone so far! :D

As always, we start a new round with the McGraw family:

(Adult) Stiles McGraw - father/husband
(Adult) Monika McGraw - mother/wife
(Child) Jason McGraw - son/brother
(Child) Anton McGraw - son/brother
(Child) Rebecca McGraw - daughter/sister

The kids are growing up fast, and life is fun! Jason and Anton are on the honour roll at school, with Rebecca soon to join them. Both boys attend their badging ceremony for Scouts, and display their sashes in their bedroom. A quick visit from a nightime burglar gives Monika a scare, but the bathtub is easily replaced. Stiles spends his days reading and jamming at the local parks, then playing with his quartet at night. Monika is improving her cooking and ascending the teaching ranks - She is now an elementary teacher, and soon becomes a middle school teacher and the chosen chess team coach. Jason is becoming close friends with Ingrid Crumplebottom, Anton is getting to know Piranha Lin, and Rebecca is always buried in a book. There is even a new gnome in the house - Rebecca found him on a field trip to the mausoliem. And then it is time for Jason's teenage birthday!

Jason chooses comfortable, practical clothes and hairstyle, and dreams of a disciplined future - helped by his new Disciplined trait.

Monika practices her logic skill and improves her career performance by chaperoning a school dance, giving a lecture on logic, and leading a field trip. The birthday party she throws for Jason is a resounding success, and after talking to Tiara Angelista she earns a celebrity star. Jason takes a moment to join the sports club at school, then overcomes his nerves and asks Ingrid Crumplebottom on a date. He takes her to a movie, and out for dinner, then gazes at the stars with her. By the end of the night he has his first girlfriend, and his first kiss! Meanwhile Stiles is becoming more popular, and performs at a business party. He reaches level 10 in guitar and joins the Orchestra (music career level 7). He even learns every song and earns the title "Master Guitarist". Rebecca is still buried in her books, and the new gnome meets the other gnomes in the yard.

Finally Rebecca comes out of her book long enough to become friends with Jay Darer-Coddle. Jason learns to drive (he gets a certificate!), and then before everyone knows it, it is time for two more birthdays!

Anton gains the Daredevil trait, and chooses a cool hairstyle with comfortable clothes in his favourite colour.

And Stiles celebrates his elder birthday. His hair is not completely grey yet, but his clothes are certainly starting to show his age. He also is promoted to Orchestra Lead!

Jason chooses his lifetime wish - Great Explorer - and convinces his parents to let him go on his first solo trip abroad! He heads to China, and hits the shops to buy supplies, martial arts equipment, and some new novels for his little sister. He explores his first tomb on his own (The Hall of the Lost Army), crushes his first rocks, and dives into his first dive pool! He completes a few quests for some locals, and earns his first visa level!

Meanwhile at home, Anton and Rebecca have some bonding time. On his return, Jason shows off his new relics on some new shelves in his room, and sets up the martial arts equipment in the backyard. But it is Anton that gets the first go at martial arts - he earns his first belt! Jason is too busy reaquainting himself with Ingrid.

I hope you like the first family in Round 4! Next will be the Steel family, and check out my new siggy that I'll be uploading in just a sec! :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

loveSims

« Reply #197 on: September 25, 2011, 05:44:37 AM »
Great update! I like the way you introduce everybody at the beginning of the capther, I read so many stories and it halp to not get confused. I like your siggi very cool!

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #198 on: September 25, 2011, 07:50:04 AM »
Great update! I like the way you introduce everybody at the beginning of the capther, I read so many stories and it halp to not get confused. I like your siggi very cool!

Thanks, though I can't take the credit for the idea to introduce everyone. :) The siggy though - I have no idea why Roxie was riding her bike in her underwear (I wasn't controlling her at the time), and I don't think that's even the underwear I gave her  :o .

Now for the Steel family:

(Adult) Christopher Steel - dad/husband
(Adult) Blair Steel - mum/wife
(Toddler) Mercury Steel - son

Christopher is really enjoying his ghostbuster job, and Blair is doing well at work - she's promoted to Crime Scene Technician (level 7). Mercury is finally ready to age up! He's really into space and aliens (as shown by his wardrobe choice and bedroom). His new friend is Rina Caliente.

Mercury loves playing in his space ship treehouse - he names it 'The First Planet'. He's absent-minded, but is gaining logic skill quickly, thanks to some tutoring from his mum. He's got 2 celebrity stars now, and is doing well at school (cleaning out the school bug cage helps his grades).
Christopher has risen to the top of his field - he's now a Paranormal Expert (level 10). This fulfills his lifetime wish! And he is given a Spirit Positioning Device, which allows him to find ghosts while he's off-duty. For the first time, he removes a ghost from his own property. Then he is honoured with the Ghosthunters Key to Barnacle Bay, which he receives in a special award ceremony outside Town Hall, and he displays it in his dining room.

Blair solves a crime at the military base! She is promoted to Sketch Artist (level 8) and begins working on her painting skill. She's at level 6 in logic, and level 3 in painting. Chris throws an awesome party, but he also takes the time to spoil his wife. They enjoy their time in their own hot tub, then skinny dip at the Aquarius bar's hot tub. Chris is also spending his free time digging up the backyard, and has found so many gems and metals that he installs a special shelving system to display them. Mercury enjoys searching the galaxy with their telescope.

...I hope you liked it. I am already playing the Angelista/Hosni family. :)

loveSims

« Reply #199 on: September 25, 2011, 10:55:23 AM »
You spoil us with so many updates! Mercury's clothes are so cute. :)

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #200 on: September 25, 2011, 04:56:54 PM »
The McGraw family's new gnome is quite friendly, it should help him make friends quickly in his new home. I wonder if all that sunshine hurts his eyes?

I love little Mercury Steel's new room!
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #201 on: September 26, 2011, 02:46:02 AM »
This is absolutely fabulous Pally!  I took a break from my Simming today and discovered this totally awesome story.  What a great and unique way to do things.  I loved all the updates but now am bummed out because I have to wait for the next ones.  Of course, the only family/Sims I don't like are the Fangs.  Everyone knows how I feel about that kind of person.   Yes, I'm totally prejudiced where they are concerned.  Couldn't begin to choose a favorite but I usually lean more toward the gardener/ecological types.  Can hardly wait to see what's next.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #202 on: September 26, 2011, 03:44:06 AM »
Yes, it's Round 4! The McGraws are a very cute family. Jason and Ingrid are really cute and I loved Jason's trip! Anton and Rebecca look great!
What can I say about the Steels, everything of Mercury's is awesome! Great work!

I can't wait for the Angelista's, they are one of my favourites!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #203 on: September 26, 2011, 05:41:22 AM »
Thank you everyone I really love getting nice comments :). I'm updating so often because I am now on 2 weeks holiday, so I have lots of free time. But if I happen to complete this round within these 2 weeks, that wouldn't work out for my homework, so I really should try to cut back a little lol. :)

Ok, so here we are with the Angelista/Hosni family:

(Adult) Helmi Hosni - dad/husband
(Young Adult) Tiara Angelista - mum/wife (yes she is married to Helmi, she just kept her last name)
(Child) Rameses Hosni - son

I thought I'd try starting the family off with a shot of their house. This is the bottom level, where they spend most of their time, and upstairs (not shown) is the master bedroom, ensuite and balcony.

The first big event for this family is Tiara's adult birthday! She throws a big party, which is an awesome success, and chooses a gorgeous new hair style and everyday outfit.

Upon looking at herself in her new bikini, she quickly dashes off for a breast reduction - now she feels much better.

Rameses is your average young boy, pranking his mum's computer and going on a rock hunt. Who knows if the fame of having two celebrity stars will change his view on things anytime soon? His dad helps him with his homework, and he's trying his hand at photography (the camera isn't working for him just yet). He's on the honour roll at school, and he shyly gives his piece of gold he found to his 'friend' Catalina Malifa.

Tiara is really moving up in the world. She is promoted to Supporting Actress (acting career level 8), which wins her a spot in the limo carpool. Everywhere she goes she gets discounts for being a celebrity. On her first day off for a while she gets a discounted massage, a free facial and free lunch at the bistro! She often gets calls to do things like a radio commercial for Llama musk perfume, which all helps her celebrity star points. She's working on both her charisma and athletic skill, and hits the top clubs in town at night. She can't convince Helmi to join her, but then he wouldn't get into the clubs with no celebrity points anyway. She also makes sure to keep up with all her friends.
Meanwhile the family gnomes are doing their thing, except for poor Bill, who only has a memorial left in his honour.
Helmi is spending his time upgrading everything in the house. He achieves 10 upgrades, then goes for more. He's reached handiness level 10, and now gets a discount on all build items! He's also reached the top of his part-time job - he's now a Spa Package Seller (level 3).

Helmi surprises his wife with a brand new hover bed! The family spends some quality time together playing on the slip and slide. Later, Helmi and Tiara spend some time with each other in the hot tub. And to top off an awesome week, Tiara is promoted to Lead Actor (level 9)! She is given a Green Orb Award, which she displays proudly in the entrance to the house next to her choice award.

Next up will be the... Grisby family (the original family, not Laurel - she comes later). :)

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #204 on: September 26, 2011, 05:58:39 AM »
Did you create the Angelista House? Or is it a pre-built house?  If you did build it, you have some great skills!

Anyway, great update! Love Tiara's new look! R.I.P Bill!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #205 on: September 27, 2011, 04:01:30 AM »
Poor Bill.  I hate it that the gnomie's die.  It would be different if we could somehow affect their aging.  Makes me sad.  House is gorgeous and so is Tiara.

----------
My No Buy Story

loveSims

« Reply #206 on: September 27, 2011, 07:03:15 AM »
The house look beautiful! Nice pool too. Tiara is so pretty! Look foward to next chapter :)

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #207 on: September 29, 2011, 06:35:30 AM »
Thanks for the compliments. I'm fairly sure (don't remember exactly) that the Angelista house is one that I moved them into prebuilt, but it was just a BB shack-type place, and I redid it completely. I'm usually much better at renovating existing houses than creating them from scratch. :)
I am continuing so quickly, and yes that means I haven't been doing enough homework, but I have excuses... anyway, on with the Grisbys!

(Elder) Walter Grisby - husband/father
(Elder) Yvette Grisby - wife/mother
(Child) Evann Grisby - daughter(/sister to Laurel, who lives elsewhere)

Here is their house so far. To eat my words about being better at renovating, I made this one from scratch and I like how it turned out. :)

So, what's been happening in these sims' lives? Evann is a rambunctious child, who plays with everybody. He closest friends are Bold Sargeant, Gentle Sargeant, and Ming Darer-Coddle. She plays with them at home and at the local playground. She even found a new gnome (albeit not a magic one) in the sandpit!

Walter and Yvette take turns helping Evann with her homework. She in turn boobytraps the shower, which Yvette found to be quite amusing (she's a little dotty in her old age perhaps?). Evann is doing really well with her cooking. She stocks the fridge with cupcakes, muffins and cake, and even bakes a pie for her friend Ming. Yvette reads her to sleep one night.

Before long it is time for Evann's teenage birthday. She's turned into quite a cute teenager, with the same passion for everything orange. She gains the Natural Cook trait, and signs up for the Art and Drama clubs.

In the mean time, Walter and Yvette have a lot of free time on their hands. Why? Well they're not telling, but I suspect they snuck off to the Hidden Springs magic pond because they never tire or get dirty. So they spend all night long on their skill building. Yvette watches the cooking channel and learns recipes like Shawarma, Egg Rolls, Cheese Plate and Bauillabaisse. Her cooking goes up to 8, and she is promoted to Sous Chef (cooking career level 7). Walter works on his charisma in front of the mirror, gets it up to 9, and is promoted to Vice-President (politics career level 9)!. He chooses the 'Long Distance Friend' lifetime wish reward to help him with his friendships, and Yvette chooses the 'Fireproof Homestead' reward. Each morning either Yvette or Walter tends their small vegetable garden. The only time they use their bed is for special couple activities.

Evann enjoys the first days of teenagedom by throwing eggs at her friends' (Bold and Gentle Sargeant) house. This is her way of showing she likes them, but who knows if they understood that. Her own cooking is at level 3 thanks to all that practice at the kids stove. Evann zooms around town on her birthday-gift scooter, and leaves a loving whoopi-cushion for her dad on the couch.
Laurel turns up to visit one afternoon, in need of some comfort and advice. Walter cheers her right up, and gives her an inspirational speech about making the most of life's twists and turns, and Laurel is inspired. When Evann gets home, she tries playing pillow fight with her big sister. Unfortunately Laurel was still feeling a bit fragile and did not take very well to being hit on the head with a pillow. Still, she remembers her dad's words and leaves trying not to think about her annoying little sister.

So all is well with Walter, Yvette and Evann. They enjoy their each other's talents and quirks and make the most of their time together.

...already playing the Darer-Coddle family. And in case you're wondering, I really have no idea why Walter and Yvette don't tire/get dirty - it must be some kind of glitch.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #208 on: September 29, 2011, 06:46:46 AM »
That must be a gltich! Walter and Yvette are magic!

Happy Birthday Evann! Laurel and Evann are cute sisters! Superb update!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #209 on: September 29, 2011, 11:13:01 AM »
If you find out the secret to their cleanliness and alertness, let us all know.  What a great glitch!  I love the orange clothes.

----------
My No Buy Story