Author Topic: De D'Onlyn Dynasty *Completed*  (Read 225816 times)

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
Re: De D'Onlyn Dynasty
« Reply #270 on: April 10, 2011, 05:49:43 PM »
It seems I've lost track. Sashyna is your founder, then Draigoth (gen 2), and Velmoor seems to be gen 4 (calls Draigoth his Grandpa), which makes Quain gen 5. Who's gen 2? I'm missing someone.

The halo looks good on Quain!
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #271 on: April 10, 2011, 05:55:35 PM »
Aeluna is Velmoor's mother.  I think!
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #272 on: April 10, 2011, 06:06:00 PM »
Awesome updates! I had to let it slide Juxt! I wasn't about to say anything about it lol. Quain with the halo is precious! It really does match!

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #273 on: April 10, 2011, 06:58:05 PM »

Thanks Ricalynn, I think you're right. It seems she doesn't get a lot of face time with the camera, one of those Sims that prefers the back ground, I guess.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #274 on: April 11, 2011, 03:25:34 PM »
Thanks Ricalynn, I think you're right. It seems she doesn't get a lot of face time with the camera, one of those Sims that prefers the back ground, I guess.

Thank you lilygirl, and when you asked about it, I was thinking "Crap, did I write it wrong somewhere?!"  Then reread the last several pages and realized she hadn't been anywhere since Quain was a toddler.  Then I reread what you asked and then I'm like, oh, didn't write it wrong *face palm*  Moral of the story, it's a hard thing to remember sometimes, don't feel bad LOL

Aeluna spends most of her time sculpting, and as many stories have noted, there's only so many times you can show that before it gets really dull.  And if I don't have anything to say about a screenshot, I don't use it.  However, apparently she noticed her absence a while ago in game time, because she'll appear a little more frequently in the next few updates.

Thank you Ricalynn, quite right too, thanks for being quicker than I am!  ;D

Awesome updates! I had to let it slide Juxt! I wasn't about to say anything about it lol. Quain with the halo is precious! It really does match!

Thank you Esther, it's a $1,000 dollar accessory, but at least it comes with a moodlet  ;)

Family Tree   Sashyna (1) + Bronson Littler = Draigoth (2) + Karina Cook = Cylliah & Aeluna (3) + Agustin Zimmer = Velmoor (4) + Allison Reeves = Quain

ME: Some Sims might crack under pressure, but Quain works better with dozens of watchful eyes upon him.  At least I assume that's why he chose to do his homework in the most crowded room of the museum.

Velmoor: Oh no, I left the stove on!  Wait, I don't cook!  Oh gosh, I don't know how to cook! Panic!  Something is on fire!

Aeluna: Aaaa!
ME: This is a rare occurrence, despite being a perfectionist and a savvy sculptor in a fire proof home, metal is a dangerous medium to work in.
Aeluna: Aaaa!

ME: Draigoth tries to prove he doesn't dance like a girl, at least this is better.  I made over Aquarius for Quain, I love this place, and it's much brighter now.

Sashyna: OK drum solo!
*Bang, bang, crash, bang, bang, crash, tink!*
Allison: Woo!

Velmoor (Internal Monologue): I wonder if that Giraffe ever gets frustrated, being so close to the yummy food in the garden, yet unable to eat any of  it.  I wonder if one day we'll all be overrun by giraffes?

Velmoor (Internal Monologue): I hope this pill is safe, it's not exactly been approved yet.

ME: I hate these stupid failure sculptures, they even damage the relationship between sculptor and subject, grrr!

Allison: I'm sorry Quain, I swear I wasn't thinking of you when I sculpted that ugly thing!
Quain: Well, alright, it's OK this time, but don't let this keep happening!

Next Time: Aeluna grooves with a gnome, and Quain throws his first party.
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #275 on: April 11, 2011, 07:51:29 PM »
That doesn't look like Quain? Oh my bad I thought that was a perfect likeness haha.  ;D

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #276 on: April 11, 2011, 08:55:56 PM »
I don't know Esther, it looks like Allison is channeling a little Velmoor!

I personally think the penguins will take-over before the giraffes do (who wouldn't want to live in a world of constant sunshine and warmth, penguins live on Antarctica after all!).

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #277 on: April 12, 2011, 03:50:14 PM »
That doesn't look like Quain? Oh my bad I thought that was a perfect likeness haha.  ;D

Thank you Esther, that totally made me laugh :D

I don't know Esther, it looks like Allison is channeling a little Velmoor!

I personally think the penguins will take-over before the giraffes do (who wouldn't want to live in a world of constant sunshine and warmth, penguins live on Antarctica after all!).

Thank you lilygirl, that must be why Aeluna insists on sending all her penguins off to the consignment shop, to put a hiatus on the heinous plans :D

Bling Gnome: Age ain't nothing but a number, you get your groove on pretty lady!

ME: Quain holds his first party, and it seems as though this party crasher is just dying of excitement from being in the De D'Onlyn home.
Aeluna: This party is going great, everyone is having a good time, but it seems to me something is missing.

ME: An invite to Grim is what this party needed, now it's off the hook.  It seems as though not everyone is as broken up to see the party crasher die as Velmoor is.

Grim: Raise the roof, this party is on!  Let's get it started!
Velmoor: As a doctor, I just can't celebrate the fact that a Sim has recently passed on.
Party Goers: Woo!

Bridgeport Citizen: Hey Grimmy! Nyah nya nya nya!
Grim: I will be back for you soon enough impudent one!

ME: Nothing draws attention to fabulous party food like having the chef dance on the counters next to it.

Velmoor: Woo! I can defy gravity! I can do anything!

ME: With the determination the logic will definitely not be one of my supermax skills the family becomes free to pick it up as a hobby.

Next Time: More fun doctoring, and another reason I love my teleporter.
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #278 on: April 12, 2011, 04:21:55 PM »
You're welcome glad I made ya laugh!  ;D Awesome update, Velmoor can defy gravity WOO!! Of course, what's a party without Grim? I think a good one but that's just me lol.

Offline SassySimmer

• Tea Addict
  • Immortal
« Reply #279 on: April 13, 2011, 12:58:16 PM »
That first picture really gave me a good giggle.  Awesome update :)
♫♪If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.  When you're feeling in the dumps, don't be silly chumps, just purse your lips and whistle that's the thing, and always look on the bright side of life......♪♫

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #280 on: April 13, 2011, 05:50:01 PM »
You're welcome glad I made ya laugh!  ;D Awesome update, Velmoor can defy gravity WOO!! Of course, what's a party without Grim? I think a good one but that's just me lol.

Thank you Esther, what's a party without Grim? Maybe awesome.  But what a De D'Onlyn party without Grim, a disappointment for me that's for sure!  ;D

That first picture really gave me a good giggle.  Awesome update :)

Thank you SassySimmer, I aim to amuse.  :)

Stone Gnome: I hope Aeluna likes this statue I finished for her!
ME: Aww, I think the Gnome has a crush on her.

ME: Velmoor continues to use his genius and inspiration to help seems in need.
Velmoor: It seems as though you've swallowed several coins sir, why would you do that?
Bridgeport Citizen: Well, I was at the Sports Zone, and I said to my buddies, if the lama's loose this game I'll eat my wallet!  Can you believe they held me to it?!
Velmoor: Don't worry, I can fix this.

Quain: Though I never really knew you, reading the things you wrote makes me feel as though we have a connection, you were so brave, and strong, I hope your grace is with our family always.

Beau Merrik (1): I'm glad you're taking the time to help the vampiric elderly members of our community.
Velmoor (1): Always glad to see an original townie at the clinic.
Velmoor (2): Hold still Mr. Paparazzi, this won't hurt me a bit!

Quain: Ack! It's my creepy paparazzi stalkers!  Time to ditch them!
ME: Yet another benefit to the teleporter.

Velmoor: Did you know that I'm a very successful doctor?
Audra: Why that's so fascinating, we should be friends!
Velmoor (Internal Monologue): I knew this job would be a great ice breaker!

ME: Allison defaults to playing music anytime she finishes a task, so sometimes it's in odd places, like in the garden with the sprinklers running.

Velmoor: A lifetime of dedication, of perseverance, and of saving lives; all of it leads to this moment, this meal.

Velmoor: I can walk forward into infinity knowing I've done my part, that I've earned my place among the Immortals.
ME: The only reason I waited so long was I was hoping for a better statue, but at day 85 I drew the line, time to sit down for that special meal, enough is enough.  ;)

Next Time: A new gnome is added to the home, and a crafty burglar appears!

Velmoor
Super Max: Repair
Other Max: Charisma, Inventing, Logic
LTW: World Renown Surgeon
Best Friends Leticia Florence, Kim Dolan, Clay Barakat, Shanika Madden, Justina Milton, Brianne Cintron
Black Ops: Permission Slips, Stinky Bugs, Exposition on Explosion, Technical Argument, Equipment Needs, Harvester Delivery
Bought: Landgraab Marine Science Facility (building), Smuggler's Cove (property)
Unique LTR: Teleporter, Body Sculpter, Never Dull
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #281 on: April 13, 2011, 11:03:50 PM »
Congrats on entering the realms of the Immortal, Velmoor! Job well done, Juxt.

Allison has discovered the true nature of water in the Simworld: although it can electrocute Sims fixing electronics, it cannot electrocute Sim using electronics. That or her keyboard is actually turned off.

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #282 on: April 13, 2011, 11:18:42 PM »
Congrats on becoming Immortal Velmoor!

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #283 on: April 14, 2011, 07:07:10 AM »
Yay Velmoor!  You did it!

I have a question - Do the Sims you have sculpt have the Savvy Sculptor trait? 

Great Update! 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #284 on: April 14, 2011, 06:00:05 PM »
Velmoor: *Takes a bow* Thank you fair people!

Congrats on entering the realms of the Immortal, Velmoor! Job well done, Juxt.

Allison has discovered the true nature of water in the Simworld: although it can electrocute Sims fixing electronics, it cannot electrocute Sim using electronics. That or her keyboard is actually turned off.

Thank you lilygirl, well of course it wouldn't shock her, electronics can only electrocute you if they are working properly of course :D  LOL  It was making noise, so unless she's got an excellent piano impression it was still on.

Thank you Esther!

Yay Velmoor!  You did it!

I have a question - Do the Sims you have sculpt have the Savvy Sculptor trait? 

Great Update! 

Thank you Ricalynn, interesting question, Aeluna does, she's Good, Savvy Sculptor, Artistic, Dramatic, Party Animal, but Allison does not, but she does have the perfectionist trait, and she makes more masterpieces and brilliants, and her value of sculptures started out much better.  However, Aeluna never gets those hideous failure ice statues, so that's a plus.  Next time I make a sculptor they'll be Savvy and a perfectionist.

ME: While not exactly a wild party, this is a common scene during De D'Onlyn night life.

ME: Meet Buddy the laundry Bear Gnome!
Velmoor (Internal Monologue): I wonder if I should take this pill?  I don't think my mother would approve.
Buddy: Take the pill! You know you want to!

ME: I like the Brightmore, it's got some interesting decorating.
Draigoth (Singing along): Shake, shake, shake, shake, shake, shake. Shake your booty, shake your booty!

Draigoth: It's a battle of the guitars!
Allison: You are winning, this is a slaughter.
Draigoth: But it's still fun right?
Allison: Only the most fun I've ever had!

ME: Never before have I had a burglar ignore my front door and come though the locked yard gate, but apparently this crafty young burglar knows where the alarm is.

Sashyna: No, Bronson made that Griffin statue for me, stop, thief!
ME: She may have gotten it, but it's not yours until you get away with it too.

Police (Internal Monologue): Wow, I'm at Sashyna De D'Onlyn's house!  I bet I get a party invite if I catch this robber!
Burglar (Internal Monologue): I should have gotten a faster get away car.

Burglar: Drat, I could have gotten away with it, if it wasn't for that meddling police officer!
Police: Just another day of being awesome!

Next Time: Quain becomes a young adult!
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty