Author Topic: De D'Onlyn Dynasty *Completed*  (Read 223517 times)

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
Re: De D'Onlyn Dynasty
« Reply #840 on: April 04, 2012, 07:30:28 PM »
Thank you Sugarnibble, that is high praise, there are so many amazing stories on this site after all.

RIP Mackenzie! Your vampirism kept you around longer than most Sims, but it wasn't long enough! :(
I've always liked Mackenzie, I guess I felt sorry for her! May she RIP. I'm actually tearing up. The day I cry over a Sims death is the day I need a break.

Thank you Sophie, I liked her too, too bad none of her family ever got married, I was really rooting for their family tree to continue, oh well.  Lots of people get teary over characters in stories they care about, and that's what Sims are, even if their story never gets told, we saw their lives, and then they're gone.  It can be a little sad to watch them go.

Thanks SassySimmer!

Just read the latest two updates to this story. Impressive! I really liked the humour.

I intend to start reading this story from the start sometime tomorrow. I hope my overall impression will be as good as my first impression (or even better).

Thanks Wednesday21, I hope you enjoy it, I always like knowing I've given someone a good happy laugh or two, or seven :D

Thanks Rica!

Thanks Esther!

Thanks Clacla!

Thanks Ashel Veh!

Velmoor (1): Sinker says, 'Wash behind your ears kids, and drink milk to build healthy strong bones!'
ME: Sinker doesn't talk, Sinker is a skeleton.
Velmoor (2): Oh, you think you're so smart! Think you know everything that can and can't talk, well I hear him, Sinker speaks!
ME: You are the epitome of a mad scientist.
Velmoor (2): You'd be mad too, if people kept telling you that your friends can't talk when they clearly can!

Lynnore: Hey honey bear, how are you doing?
Louis Hawes: Hey lovely lady, I'm better now that you're here.
Lynnore: Sorry to pull you out of bed, you're still in your pajamas.
Louis: That's OK love, I should be up now anyway. I was just, uh, practicing my instruments until late last night.

Bebedora: Oh my goodness, I am so late, out of my way, out of my way!
Paparazzi: Darn it, where's my camera when I need it!
ME: I love this uniform, Bebedora looks so cute!

Bebedora: When a Sim is on your mind, you'll find that there isn't always time, to tell them how you feel, so if what you feel is real:
Say that you love them, tell them that you care, tell them that you need them, that you want to be there
For the good times and the bad, that they always make you glad, because tomorrow may just bring something new their way.
ME: Did you write that? It's pretty good!
Bebedora: Yes, I wrote it for my friends, and my fans.
Fan: Oh my gosh, that song speaks to me, I'm gonna go tell that clerk I like him.
Bebedora: Good for you! Everyone deserves someone special in their life.

Aspiring Actress: Everybody down on the floor, take cover, I'll handle this!
Nyarah: Well, I like how tough you seem, but are you still limber enough to handle a part like this?
Aspiring Actress: I'm totally ready, I have a clean bill of health, and I'm very active for an elder.
Nyarah: OK then, come back for a screen test tomorrow!
Aspiring Actress: Oh my gosh, thank you so much!

Velmoor: Look what I found!
ME: Wow, that's cool! What is it?
Velmoor: It's the mighty ZebraFly, and it likes me!
ME: Are you going to eat it?
Velmoor: What?! No! No... I barely even thought about it, the zebrafly is far to awesome for mere snacking!

Music: Shot through the heart, and you're to blame, baby you give love, a bad name!
Nyarah: Lasers and glitter are the perfect accessories to any outfit.
ME: So lasers are the new black?
Nyarah: Exactly.
ME: That actually sound kind of... awesome!

Quain (Writing): In lifetime after life time, of learning, of teaching, I've found that writers lack one fundamental quality. A quality that if added, would improve every book ever written!
ME: Well, what is it?
Quain: What is what?
ME: The quality lacking in all writers?
Quain: Buy my first book, and then you'll know, now stop reading over my shoulder, it's creepy.

Next Time: Lighting fires and putting them out again!
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #841 on: April 04, 2012, 07:35:46 PM »
Whoo Bon Jovi!  I'm having some flashbacks and the song is stuck in my head.  Thanks Juxt.. really. LOL   I love Velmoor but then again who wouldn't.   Sinker should meet Artie's new wife Christin.  I bet they would have a great conversation.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sugarnibble

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #842 on: April 04, 2012, 09:26:08 PM »
Awesome Update as usual! I love Velmoor so much...he makes me laugh out loud.
Sims geek, book junkie, lover of lists.

Offline Ashel Veh

• Llama Wrangler
  • "What is a Weekend?"
« Reply #843 on: April 05, 2012, 04:50:17 AM »
Velmoor: Look what I found!
ME: Wow, that's cool! What is it?
Velmoor: It's the mighty ZebraFly, and it likes me!
ME: Are you going to eat it?
Velmoor: What?! No! No... I barely even thought about it, the zebrafly is far to awesome for mere snacking!

Come on Velmoor - you know you want to!!  I double dog dare you!!

Music: Shot through the heart, and you're to blame, baby you give love, a bad name!
Nyarah: Lasers and glitter are the perfect accessories to any outfit.
ME: So lasers are the new black?
Nyarah: Exactly.
ME: That actually sound kind of... awesome!

I'll be putting in an order for glitter and lasers immediately.  Also, that song is know stuck in my head... ::)

Once again a fabulously hysterical update!  Thanks for the laugh!

Offline SassySimmer

• Tea Addict
  • Immortal
« Reply #844 on: April 05, 2012, 05:09:05 AM »

Seeing this picture I knew it would be a Bon Jovi song, although in my head it was Livin' on a Prayer just because of Nyarah's last pose (cos that's how I tend to dance to that song lol).  Another awesome update Juxt!  I wonder if Bebedora is going to find someone.
♫♪If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.  When you're feeling in the dumps, don't be silly chumps, just purse your lips and whistle that's the thing, and always look on the bright side of life......♪♫

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #845 on: May 02, 2012, 07:38:21 PM »
Whoo Bon Jovi!  I'm having some flashbacks and the song is stuck in my head.  Thanks Juxt.. really. LOL   I love Velmoor but then again who wouldn't.   Sinker should meet Artie's new wife Christin.  I bet they would have a great conversation.

Thanks Rica, if it's stuck in my head, why wouldn't I want to share the pain/joy with all of you?! You're my forum friends, so we share!  ;D  Well, Christin would surely have fun talking to so good a listener, Sinker can't talk, seriously, he doesn't talk.
Velmoor: Yes he does!

Thank you Sugarnibble!

Come on Velmoor - you know you want to!!  I double dog dare you!!

I'll be putting in an order for glitter and lasers immediately.  Also, that song is know stuck in my head... ::)

Once again a fabulously hysterical update!  Thanks for the laugh!

Thanks Ashel Veh, now what Velmoor does to the next butterfly is all on you, after all, who can resist a double dog dare?  More glitter and lasers, that's my new life's goal, everyone should have more of them, because that will be awesome, and shiny.

Seeing this picture I knew it would be a Bon Jovi song, although in my head it was Livin' on a Prayer just because of Nyarah's last pose (cos that's how I tend to dance to that song lol).  Another awesome update Juxt!  I wonder if Bebedora is going to find someone.

Thanks SassySimmer, I wonder if Bebedora will find love myself.  I decided since she can't get married, it would have to be a Sim who lights up her wishes panel like Christmas lights, she hasn't found that Sim yet, but here's hoping!

Bebedora: I'm a rock star, I'm gonna go so far!
ME: Loving the leather punk look, very you!
Bebedora: Yeah, my manager said it would help bring in the younger crowds, I'm not a spring chicken anymore you know.
ME: Yes, time sure is marching on.

Bebedora: What did you give me?!
Velmoor: Ummm, medicine I think. Or was it the new rocket fuel I'm developing...
Bebedora: You think!? What kind of doctor gives out pills that set people on fire?! Argh!
Velmoor: The super awesome kind!
Bebedora: I didn't use to think you were really crazy, but now I know all those Sims were right, you're nuts!
Velmoor: Now that's just hurtful!

Bebedora: Everyone out of the way, I need to get to the shower!
Velmoor: Well, I guess that medicine is a dud, I hope Bebedora isn't too mad.
ME: She's pretty mad, but she'll get over it.
Velmoor: Darn! That was my only rocket fuel capsule too!

Velmoor: Oh my stars! I just listened to your newest album, and you're like a fire breathing dragon who shoots lasers with their eyes holding a puppy made of rainbows!
Bebedora: Ummm... what does that mean?
Velmoor: Only that you're amazing and awesome!
Bebedora: Oh, well, thanks, but I'm not sure that I forgive you yet.

Store Clerk: Draigoth, oh my goodness, you have no idea how much your artwork has touched my life, I would give anything to spend an evening in your company.
Draigoth: Oh my, well... this is certainly flattering, after all you're a lovely young woman, but I've already found the love of my life.
Clerk: But she's dead right, doesn't that make you single?
Draigoth: Not in my family it doesn't, I'm sorry, but please stop flirting with me.
ME: Way to go Draigoth, way to honor the memory of your wife!

ME: I have absolutely no need of more deathfish, but Quain goes out fishing at the cemetery just so I can engage in ghost stalking, isn't that nice of him?
Quain: No, because I come out here for the beauty of the night, the enjoyment of fishing, and to commune with nature, you're just a weirdo stalker.
ME: And then suddenly everything Quain owned disappeared, wasn't that shame?
Quain: Fine! I apologize, leave my things alone, please!
ME: So why are you here?
Quain: *Grumble* To facilitate you stalking ghosts.
ME: Yay! Now, I wonder where Miguel Childs is going?

ME: Why are you here Miguel?
Miguel: I lived near by once, but everything seems so foggy. Hello! Nyarah! Are you here my love?! Can you hear me?
ME: No she's at home, a couple blocks away.
Miguel: *Sigh* If I cannot find her soon, then I'll just fade away again.
ME: Miguel, why aren't you talking to ME? What's going on with you.
Miguel: I'll just have to try again later *poof*
ME: Something strange is building in the town of Bridgeport.

Paparazzi: So are you thinking of changing specialties from medicine to Entomology?
Velmoor: No, of course not, and never! I was just pondering on how a bug, can bug me less than an annoying fame vulture.
Paparazzi: You know we're going to publish all the mean and crazy things you say to us, do you like bad press?
Velmoor: Well, I keep saying them, so I suppose I do, though most Sims think the mean things I say to you are justified, or even funny, so I think you're mistaken on the definition of bad press.  Now go away, before I eat you like  this butterfly *gulp.*
ME: Eww!

Next Time: Velmoor proves himself as family defender! Also Sashyna does a ruthless thing to make another family member happy again.
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #846 on: May 03, 2012, 01:35:19 AM »
I was so excited to see an update. I really love your characters they are all so well developed and realistic. Yes I know that seems a strange thing to say but you know what I mean.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #847 on: May 03, 2012, 05:36:45 PM »
It's great to have you and your Dynasty family back again, Juxt!

Nice to see the De D'Onlyns are all up to their usual tricks.  :D
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Sugarnibble

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #848 on: May 04, 2012, 09:54:11 PM »
Yay, another update!
Sims geek, book junkie, lover of lists.

Offline Catarra Nightshade

• I got Cat class...
  • Townie
  • And I got Cat style!
« Reply #849 on: May 23, 2012, 12:45:57 PM »
I just caught up with the De D'Onlyns, and I think they are great! I can't wait to see what happens next!

And I don't know if anyone else caught it, I only skimmed through all the comments, but I love the name of the band. The Incarnations of Immortality is a great book series, and an appropriate name for your band. :)

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #850 on: May 28, 2012, 09:46:59 PM »
 I was searching for a question on WA and stumbled on your story instead---that was late yesterday evening---needless to say, I was hooked! In fact, I exited out of my game to concentrate on reading it! It took me until just now to get to the most recent post---and I was like---what? where's the next page?! Then I checked out the date---aagghhhh! I never start a series unless I have ALL the books----and yet I continue to start and get hooked on Sims2 and Sims3 stories. I was just thankful you didn't lose them with the unexpected twins and other issues you've had. I almost lost my own legacy heir's wife and unborn child, but managed to save them after scouring this site for possible solutions and one worked! This site has truly been a sim life-saver! And I can't wait for the final updates of your Dynasty---and I do hope you keep us posted after it's completed! It's been a fun read and you do a great job ---keep up the good work!

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #851 on: May 29, 2012, 06:09:11 PM »
This is hilaious! ;D And Velmore is a gem! On a unrelated note, where's the spell check button?  ???
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #852 on: June 07, 2012, 06:12:45 PM »
Author's Note: I know, I'm a slacker, but don't blame me, blame Blizzard for bringing out Diablo III, OK, fine, blame me!  I'm gonna get this done, I mean it this time, you know, probably!

I was so excited to see an update. I really love your characters they are all so well developed and realistic. Yes I know that seems a strange thing to say but you know what I mean.

Rachel

Thanks Rachel, I love this project, I just get easily distracted!  Well developed character I agree with, but realistic?  I never imagined anyone would look at these crazy, fun loving, silly characters and think they were realistic, but hey, I guess that means you must know some really cool, fun, funny people in real life!

Thank you Lillygirl!

Thank you Sugarnibble!

I just caught up with the De D'Onlyns, and I think they are great! I can't wait to see what happens next!

And I don't know if anyone else caught it, I only skimmed through all the comments, but I love the name of the band. The Incarnations of Immortality is a great book series, and an appropriate name for your band. :)

Thanks Catarra Nightshade, I don't think anyone else has mentioned the name of the band, and I've read all the comments in depth!  So good eye.  Yes, I loved those books, and it seemed just right, and appropriately "band name" like, for lack of a more accurate term.

I was searching for a question on WA and stumbled on your story instead---that was late yesterday evening---needless to say, I was hooked! In fact, I exited out of my game to concentrate on reading it! It took me until just now to get to the most recent post---and I was like---what? where's the next page?! Then I checked out the date---aagghhhh! I never start a series unless I have ALL the books----and yet I continue to start and get hooked on Sims2 and Sims3 stories. I was just thankful you didn't lose them with the unexpected twins and other issues you've had. I almost lost my own legacy heir's wife and unborn child, but managed to save them after scouring this site for possible solutions and one worked! This site has truly been a sim life-saver! And I can't wait for the final updates of your Dynasty---and I do hope you keep us posted after it's completed! It's been a fun read and you do a great job ---keep up the good work!

Wow, thank you Deedee, you read it all in under two days, you must be a fast reader, go you!  I have plans to continue after the end of the Dynasty, but I'm a slacker, so we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed that I don't get distracted again!  I'm glad to hear this site has been as helpful to you as it has been to me.  I'll try to wrap the finishing touches on the story soon, I have everything planned out in my brain, I just have to shake a leg and get moving!

This is hilaious! ;D And Velmoor is a gem! On a unrelated note, where's the spell check button?  ???

Thank you Dextra, I don't know where the spell check for the site is, because I use the one that's embedded in my browser, to use it, I just right click on any text, and it brings up options that include my spell check, which I would incoherent without!

Burglar (1): Mwah ha ha, where all others have failed, I'm sure I will succeed, I will rob the De D'Onlyn family!
ME: Oh no you won't, not on my watch!
Burglar (2): An alarm, who would have thought they'd own such a thing, this is the most horrible turn of events!
ME: Ha ha! You should talk to your criminal buddies, I thought you'd all know this place has more alarm panels than Fort Knox by now!

Burglar (1): And this is for all the times you stopped me from stealing other kids lunch money.
Police Officer (1): Urf! This is a bad day for the law.
Burglar (2): Now that I'm finished with you, I better get out of here!
Police Officer (2): Oww! No, stop! In the name of the law!
Burglar (2): Yeah right copper!

Velmoor: Then stop in the name of Science, and inertia! And also in the name of Sinker!
Burglar: No way, get outta my face crazy old man!
Velmoor: Old man! I'll show you how to properly respect your elders!

Velmoor: Now say it!
Burglar: I'm sorry!
Velmoor: That's a good start, but say it!
Burglar: OK, you win, you're a winner, and I'm a loser!
Velmoor: That's right, now don't come back!
Lynnore: Wow, I never knew my Great Grandfather could kick butt like that! Woo!
Sashyna: Oh my gosh, let her arm go, you're going to break it!
Velmoor: I'm a doctor, I'm not going to break her arm unless she makes me, now get out of here! And don't come back!
Burglar: I never will, I promise!

Bebedora: I wear my sunglasses at night! Hmm, I think there might be a song in that line!
ME: It's been done.
Bebedora: Oh, well, then I'll just have to settle for being officially recognized for the rock star that I am, and always have been.
ME: Hurray! *Confetti*

Draigoth: Guitar solo! Woo!
ME: Wow, ever since I upgraded Banzai Lounge, we've been getting gigs here and nowhere else.
Lynnore: *Dance* We're burning down the house!

Bebedora: Hey mom, guess what. I got a promotion, I'm a rock star!
Lynnore: Oh sweetie, that is so wonderful, I always knew you'd make it! (Internal Monologue): I wish Lewis was here tonight, he would be so proud of her daughter, in fact, I haven't seen or heard from him in days.

ME: What's up Sashyna?
Sashyna: Well, Louis has been dodging Lynnore's calls, and says it's because his job is keeping him so busy, but I own this spa, and it's breaking Lynnore's heart, so soon his job won't be getting it the way anymore.
ME: You're gonna fire him? You really think that's gonna help?
Sashyna: It won't help my relationship with him, but I heard Lynnore crying in her room last night, so I have to do something!

Next Time (Which will be sooner, really, I mean it this time!): Hijinks ensue as Bebedora throws a bash for her elder birthday, it's the party to end all parties!
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #853 on: June 07, 2012, 06:20:48 PM »
It's just so awesome to see an update but so sad because I know it's so close to the end.   Glad to know that the D3 bug has gotten more people. mwhahaha ;)  Sashyna is just so sweet going after Louis and of course Velmoor rocks for beating up the burglar.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #854 on: June 13, 2012, 04:47:26 PM »
It's just so awesome to see an update but so sad because I know it's so close to the end.   Glad to know that the D3 bug has gotten more people. mwhahaha ;)  Sashyna is just so sweet going after Louis and of course Velmoor rocks for beating up the burglar.

Yes, I must keep updating, I know exactly how close I am to the end, and I want to get there, I feel like I'm about to hit the end line of a marathon, and I can't wait!

Bebedora: Thank you G2 Grandma, this is your best piece yet, I'm so glad it will be in my room.
Aeluna: I just think about how proud I am of you, and it seems like I'm about to burst!  I wanted to do my best work ever, it's an early present for your birthday.

Lewis: Did you hear I got fired yesterday, I heard the order came down from management, but I don't even know why, I didn't do anything wrong, I feel like I just got handed the "World's Biggest Loser" Trophy!
Nyarah: Well, sometimes people need to have things fall apart, in order to make way for better things, did you even like working at the spa?
Lewis: Not really, it took up all my time, and I've always been more interested in music, than beauty.
Nyarah: You see, this is just a blessing in disguise, you'll be fine, even better than before probably.

Paparazzi: Bebedora! Do you have anything to say about your upcoming album? You know, for the fans.
Bebedora: *Dazzling smile* Only that I'm super excited about it releasing soon, and that I can't wait to perform it live and on stage for all the Sims in Bridgeport.

Music: You're the one that I want. (you are the one i want want), o, o, oo, honey.
Nyarah: This was a great idea, thanks for inviting me out gramps.
Velmoor: After the burglar, and all, I figured you might want to have a fun night. Plus I wanted you opinion on all the extra lasers, too much?
Nyarah: Lasers are perfect for a night club like this, you made the right call.
Velmoor: Thanks!

Velmoor: Hey mom! I have this huge secret, it involves the sun, and what I'm going to do when all my equipment is ready.
Aeluna: Well sweetie, you know I'm always ready to listen, what's the secret?
Velmoor: There's this special radiation, that comes from our star, and I think I can harness it to...
ME: Next photo, no spoilers!

ME: This looks safer, what are you up to Draigoth?
Draigoth: I feel as though I've reached a plateau in the art world, there's only so many landscapes, so many masterpieces.  I'm trying my hand at a new type of art, the kind you can wear.
ME: Well, Bridgeport could use some fashion advice at times, did you see that fellow wandering around in a hospital gown?!
Draigoth: Yes, he said it was supposed to be ironic, but he just looked crazy, like an escaped mental patient.
ME: I know, right?
Draigoth: That is exactly the kind of fashion crime I hope to prevent in the future.

Lewis Hawes(Internal Monologue): Well, at least losing my job gave me time to come to my little girl's elder birthday, maybe I should forgive Sashyna, I think it was for the best.
Sashyna: Woo! This is a big day, the last of us is about to become an elder, it's about time!
ME: I know, I know, this is really dragging on.
Bebedora: This is my moment, please pay attention!
Aeluna: Yay for Bebedora the birthday girl, yeah!

Aeluna (Internal Monologue): I wouldn't want to spend my birthday making drinks, but I guess if it makes her happy.
Bebedora (Internal Monologue): This outfit is not proper for a trend setting rock star/bartender, I can't wait to get home for my birthday makeover.
Lewis: It's a little weird that I'm now obviously younger than my daughter.
Bebedora: It doesn't bother me in the slightest daddy, since it means that you've been around for my whole life.
Lewis: You're the best thing to happen in my whole life, I love you.
Bebedora: Aww, that's the best birthday gift ever, thank you!

ME: Umm... Lynnore, sweetie, where are your clothes?!
Lynnore: Honestly, I have no idea, I was unwinding with a little time in the hot tub, and then they were gone!  At least I still have the figure to pull of this towel.
ME: The way you're looking at that cake, you might not soon.
Lynnore: It's a party, parties require cake.  I'll just have to add a few miles to my run to stay in perfect towel wearing shape.

Bebedora: Now I can show my face in public again!
ME: Like the wrong clothes would make you become a shy wall flower, please!
Bebedora: Maybe not, but imagine what my fans would think of me it I kept wearing a boring black suit!

Next Time: Love flames, and love foibles. An answer is coming to a question many had been wondering about.
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty