Author Topic: Riches Galore: The Orphanage Project (Completed)  (Read 117927 times)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Riches Galore
« Reply #90 on: March 19, 2011, 04:58:13 PM »
Thanks very much for the comments, I really appreciate them.  As you can probably tell, this game is a lot of fun.  Although I don't think Pippa and Sebastian would agree.   ;)

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #91 on: March 19, 2011, 10:21:51 PM »
Awesome update! Poor Pippa and her feet lol.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #92 on: March 20, 2011, 10:19:34 AM »
Chapter 10:  Week 2, Monday to Friday

True to his word, Mr Payne sends over an easel and two new beds (Mr Payne knows the value of a good kaching or two).  Neither of the twins thanks him.

Both Sebastian and Pippa are inordinately fond of mirrors.  Whenever they have a spare moment they make a beeline for the mirror.  It's quite hilarious watching them trying to get at the mirror at the same time.  They both keep wanting to buy mirrors worth at least $600.  Yeah, right.  Like I'm going to let them waste money on a mirror when there are so many more important things they need.  Get a decent shower and stove first, you idiots!  Do they appreciate my wise guidance?  Fat chance.  The only mirror in the house is the ultra-cheap ghost mirror (I think it costs one simoleon).  One more thing for Pippa to whine about.

Wednesday is Sebastian's day off.  The social worker makes another of her flying visits (do social workers get lessons on how to move that fast?) and drops off the second baby, a son for Sebastian.  Meet Graeme:

Graeme is a very intelligent little fellow.  He's also brave, which should stand him in good stead in this household.  Incidentally, he is named after my father.  I've always liked that spelling of the name.

Sebastian is pleased to learn that he gets paid leave from work to look after his new son.  The leave means it will take even longer for him to get promoted, but getting paid for not working suits Sebastian just fine.  If the price for this time off is having to spend time with Graeme, he's ok with that.

I'm not sure if Sebastian was actually playing with his son in that picture or if he just happened to be carrying Graeme when he went to admire himself in the mirror.  Somehow I neglected to take pictures of Graeme learning to walk, talk and potty, but here's a shot of the two of them at the library:

Trust selfish Sebastian to park himself right in front of the door, with no thought for other people trying to get past.

Meantime, Pippa loses no time running over to the Consignment store to find new shoes. 
Pippa used to have all the latest fashions.  And here she has been going around in someone else's discards.  It's totally unfair.  Cruel and unusual punishment.  Someone of her quality should be wearing the finest imported fabrics - not secondhand rags.  But these are desperate times, and Pippa feels a thrill of excitement as she pulls open the drawer to see what she can find.

Did Mr Payne really think Pippa would spend the money he gave her on sensible shoes?  Not she.  She finds a pair of spiffy high heels that are barely worn and tries them on.  She also tries on a blouse.

The reason the shoes are barely worn is that they are extremely uncomfortable, and the blouse doesn't really go with the skirt (although it's hard to know what would go with that skirt).  But Pippa doesn't care.  She has something new and can finally stop going around in those hateful boots.  You may also notice that she's finally learned how to comb her own hair.

Sebastian is so pleased at being given paid leave that he makes a small donation to charity.  His choice of charities?  He chooses to donate to The Rich.  Naturally.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #93 on: March 20, 2011, 11:01:46 AM »
Welcome Graeme! It's nice to see Pippa got a new shirt even though a little mis-matched lol. It's cute and goes with the story awesomely!  ;D

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #94 on: March 20, 2011, 11:16:49 AM »
Welcome to the world, little nooboo! I can't remember his name for Sim's sake. :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #95 on: March 20, 2011, 05:02:11 PM »
Welcome little Graeme! To Pippa: two thumbs up on the new blouse. *Smirk*
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #96 on: March 21, 2011, 03:15:44 AM »
Great update, Schip ;D
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #97 on: March 21, 2011, 03:20:37 AM »
This is an awesome story!

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #98 on: March 21, 2011, 09:50:12 AM »
Chapter 11:  Week 2, Saturday

It's the end of another week, and Pippa has a feeling Payne-in-the-Neck is going to follow through on his threat and turn up again.  She really, really doesn't want to have to face that old busybody.  Let Sebastian deal with him this time.  She goes and finds a hedge to hide in:

Sure enough, Mr Payne arrives while Pippa is out.

Mr Payne is delighted with Graeme and the little boy seems to like him.

Mr Payne mentions that he saw Pippa playing for tips the other day and her playing wasn't bad.

Actually, Pippa came home with over $5000 in tips, which is more than I would have expected given her low number of performances and low skill level.  Maybe some of those rich former friends were feeling sorry for her.  Or maybe Mr Payne made a large contribution.  Either way, it's a huge infusion of cash for the household and allows them to finally purchase a decent stove, fridge and shower, as well as a dishwasher.  No mirrors.

Sebastian:  Why is it that kids always want you to buy stuff for them?  Bake stands, teddy bears, toy stoves - do they think money grows on trees?  I work hard for that money and as soon as I earn it, it's already spent!
Mr Payne stifles a smile as he reflects on how much Sebastian sounds like his own father.  Could it be that working is actually beginning to teach Sebastian the value of money?  For the first time since this project began, Mr Payne allows himself to feel a little hope.

He takes the time to have a chat with Debbie.

Debbie thanks him for the easel.  She's the only person in the household to show any appreciation to him.  The twins remain hostile, especially Pippa who seems addicted to melodrama.

Mr Payne tells Sebastian:  I'm very pleased that your finances are improving.  That's excellent news.  Now you can afford to build on another bedroom and take in a third orphan.  I'll get Social Services to send over another little one at the beginning of the week.  Very good, very good.

Mr Payne takes his leave.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #99 on: March 21, 2011, 10:07:27 AM »
Go Pippa! Are you sure she hasn't performed any of the songs? ;) Great update.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #100 on: March 21, 2011, 10:31:45 AM »
She's done a few performances, maybe 10 or 15 at most.  But I definitely haven't been using the exploit of lining up a bunch of performances and cancelling them as soon as the song starts - she has to play the song right through.  No cheating, Pippa!   ;)

Thanks for the comment, ChronicR.  I appreciate your interest in the story.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #101 on: March 21, 2011, 03:12:33 PM »
Another nooboo coming! Maybe Pippa should have been around for Payne's visit, at least then she would be prepared for the next social worker visit that's about to happen.

I don't use the instrument exploits either, my Sims have to earn each and every performance! Although the teleportation cheat for the Upgrade challenge has been super fun!
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #102 on: March 21, 2011, 09:30:50 PM »
Great update! Another nooboo?! Wow!!

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #103 on: March 22, 2011, 10:21:54 AM »
Chapter 12:  Week 3. Sunday - Monday

Sunday evening Graeme ages up into a plump little boy.

Debbie becomes a teenager.

Next day the social worker arrives with another orphan - a baby this time.

Debbie arrives home just as the social worker is leaving.  Debbie already has homework and painting lined up in her queue, but she immediately drops both activities to coo over her new baby sister.  Meet Cynthia, a good little slob.

Where's Pippa going?  Guess.

As soon as she finishes admiring herself in the mirror, Pippa pops a wish to go shopping.  She walks out leaving Debbie to look after the baby.  So far Pippa has shown absolutely no interest in Cynthia.

Slightly happier after her shopping trip (grocery shopping really isn't that much fun), Pippa returns home to find an unwelcome surprise.  Two of them. 

Pippa:  We already got a baby!  Why can't you bring us something useful, like a computer or television?
Mr Payne:  The social worker forgot to bring this baby.  She and Cynthia are twins.  Her name is Reagan.  You'll have to buy a second crib, but that shouldn't be any problem - I know Sebastian just got a promotion.
Reagan is Brave and Athletic.  Aside from Cynthia's Slob trait, the orphans so far have had remarkably good traits.  Some might say, better than Pippa and Sebastian deserve.

Mr Payne and Pippa walk into the nursery.  Something catches Mr Payne's eye.

Mr Payne:  I see you've got a new lamp.  It's ... unusual.
Pippa snaps:  It's awful!  It's cheap and ugly and horrible, like everything else in this house!
Mr Payne looks at her and says:  Does that include Debbie, Graeme and the babies?  Do you think they're awful and ugly and horrible?
For once in her life Pippa is speechless.
Mr Payne leaves.
Pippa stands in the nursery, stunned.  She is experiencing an unfamiliar emotion.  What is this strange new feeling?

FleurDeLune

« Reply #104 on: March 22, 2011, 10:34:11 AM »
Oh dear, two nooboos!  Is there hope for Pippa?  I certainly hope so.

Great update, as usual ... and what great timing.  I had already checked this thread to see if you had posted and there was nothing.  I got up to pick up a fresh cup of coffee and returned to see the update!

I've also been meaning to say, I've worked as a legal assistant for over 25 year now and "Payne-in-the-neck" is used a lot (actually, a bit lower part of the anatomy - but this is a family friendly forum) when referring to a lot of the lawyers I work with :)

Thanks again for a great story.

anything