Author Topic: Riches Galore: The Orphanage Project (Completed)  (Read 117918 times)

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
Re: Riches Galore
« Reply #150 on: April 10, 2011, 03:28:13 PM »
Where'd you get Pippa's shirt? I like it. :)
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #151 on: April 10, 2011, 05:52:56 PM »

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #152 on: April 10, 2011, 06:13:39 PM »
Awesome. So instead of choosing a job she has skills for, she chooses based on clothes? Haha hilarious!!

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #153 on: April 10, 2011, 08:03:54 PM »
Ah. How 'bout her skirt?
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #154 on: April 10, 2011, 08:14:26 PM »
Ah. How 'bout her skirt?

The skirt came from the Altos' trash can.   ;D  But if you want one like it, it's also from the store.  In its original version it's a grass skirt.  But I think the print fabric gives it a different sort of look.  If you look closely at some of the pictures, you can see the holes in the print.  If Pippa knew you were asking about her clothes, she'd no doubt be quite flattered.  Even in abject poverty, she's a trendsetter! 

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #155 on: April 11, 2011, 09:38:34 AM »
Chapter 20:  Week 6, Tuesday - Thursday

Michael ages up at the beginning of the week, giving us 4 teenagers in the house.  Hormones are raging; young love is in the air.

I'm not sure about Cynthia and Arlo, but Michael is definitely very interested in Bella.  He met her in the library on the weekend and immediately came up with not one, but two wishes to kiss her!  Maybe he's heard about the famous hot pants in the Man Dynasty.  Whatever it is, he's keen.  Very keen.  He's not at all happy about being told to say goodbye to Bella and go do his homework.

Jeremy, on the other hand, doesn't have to do homework any more.  After achieving his third straight day on the honour roll, he is free to follow his heart.  For reasons best known to him, his heart leads him to a girl who looks like she's had a little too much chemotherapy.  Recognize her?  Darlene Bunch.

Bald and gaunt as she is, Jeremy is smitten.

He proposes and Darlene accepts.

So, Darlene, wanna try for baby?  Let's do it!

They did, and it took. 

Next day Jeremy finishes up his painting skill and faces the quandary:  what kind of job is a painter qualified for?  He decides to join the Business career.  Meanwhile, Darlene has agreed to let her hair grow and buy some new clothes.  The newlyweds happily depart.

Their new house, again, is much better than the place Jeremy grew up. 

Jeremy had about 35,000 happiness points.  His departure leaves just 5 people in the house.  Another lucky orphan will soon have a new home.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #156 on: April 11, 2011, 09:48:03 AM »
Awesome update! Goodbye Jeremy and Darlene. :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #157 on: April 11, 2011, 12:21:17 PM »
Congratulations Jeremy and Darlene.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

CandyHeartedSim

« Reply #158 on: April 11, 2011, 02:37:53 PM »
Awesome Story, just read it all through :D Whats with the futuristic tv and couches? So doesnt go with their Tramp/HoBo Look  ;)

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #159 on: April 11, 2011, 02:41:53 PM »
Awesome Story, just read it all through :D Whats with the futuristic tv and couches? So doesnt go with their Tramp/HoBo Look  ;)

Thanks for the comment, Candy.  You're quite right that things don't go together - that's the whole point.  They buy what they can afford, when they can afford it.  I think they got a job lot price on the couches.   ;)

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #160 on: April 11, 2011, 07:30:29 PM »
Yay for Jeremy and Darlene and the future nooboos!  ;D

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #161 on: April 12, 2011, 08:40:22 AM »
Chapter 21:  Week 6, Thursday - Friday

Thursday evening Social Services drops off another orphan.  Mary is a Clumsy Loner:

Sebastian teaches Mary her toddler skills because I told him to.  But giving Mary her first music lesson was purely his own idea:

Meanwhile, Cynthia and Reagan are ready to grow up and leave home.  Cynthia heads over to the Consignment store for a new look:

While at the Consignment store, Cynthia runs into Jeremy's wife Darlene, looking decidedly odd in maternity dress and hiking boots.  That girl definitely has an unusual sense of style.  But at least she hasn't gone and shaved her head again.

Both Cynthia and Reagan have maximized the Logic skill, but they've also been learning to cook ever since they decided at the same time that this was what they wanted to do.  One of them is aiming to reach level 10 of the Culinary career, the other wants to learn all the recipes.  They both get jobs at the Bistro and they're ready to go.  Them and Reagan's husband.  Oh, didn't I mention him?

While Reagan joyously admires her wedding ring, her new husband frowns over the chessboard because he needs to get his logic skill up if he wants to succeed in his chosen career (law enforcement).  Recognize him?

The three of them move out together.  See what Reagan's thinking about?  I think she's figured out why she's been throwing up all day.  Her new husband, who is family-oriented, will be very happy when he learns about the baby.

Their new house:

Cynthia had about 30,000 happiness points when she moved out; Reagan was close to 35,000.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #162 on: April 12, 2011, 08:43:58 AM »
Chapter 21, part II.  Friday evening

Pippa returns from work to find Cynthia and Reagan gone.  It was just a few days ago that the girls and Jeremy were all here and the house was full of life and laughter.  Now it seems very quiet.  Pippa is in a thoughtful mood.

Later that evening, after Michael and Mary are in bed, Pippa and Sebastian play chess together. 

Sebastian:  We've got room for two more orphans now.  I'll phone Social Services first thing in the morning.  It'll be busy with three little ones, but I'm sure I can handle it.  You know, there won't be very many more orphans - our time will be up in 4 weeks.

Pippa:  I don't see why you should have all the fun.  You take one and I'll take one.
Sebastian:  But if you take an orphan, they'll put you on parental leave.  And you've only got 4 weeks to get to the top of your career.  In 4 weeks Mr Payne is going to want to know how we've done.  What if you don't get promoted in time?  All the money will go to the Gnomes' Home.
Pippa:  Don't worry about me!  I can do it, you just watch me.  Don't worry, I won't let you down.
Sebastian:  ... you don't need to worry about that, you know.

Offline WickedSimmer87

• Occult
« Reply #163 on: April 12, 2011, 08:53:58 AM »
I seriously love this story :O Two spoiled people getting their a** kicked from home without a penny to learn what life is about :D and caring for others is more important than money.

Love love love this Schipperke  :) Keep up the good work on this :D i want to see more soon!

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #164 on: April 12, 2011, 12:14:51 PM »
Good bye to Reagan and Cynthia! Hello Chris. YAY for more nooboos!
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

anything