Author Topic: Riches Galore: The Orphanage Project (Completed)  (Read 117906 times)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Riches Galore
« Reply #195 on: April 16, 2011, 08:40:17 AM »
Chapter 25:  Week 7 - 8 Weekend

Saturday morning Gordon becomes a child and Mary becomes a teenager.

With my goal of having the orphans each maximize a skill before going out on their own, weekends chez Vandersim are for working on skills.  Logic is a favourite skill to work on because they can have fun and socialize while playing chess.  Another good thing about Logic is that they can get an early start on it, unlike some skills that they can't start until their teens.  And it's useful for several careers.  Here are the 4 children busy at the chess boards:

Marilyn and Gordon spend some time at the Block Table getting started on the Handiness skill.  I don't know how Gordon's shirt changed colour, but he seems to have decided on blue rather than orange.

Sebastian has finally learned how to make Ambrosia.  From the look on his face, I think it needs more salt.  Or something.

Mary goes to the library to study and meets someone new.

His name is Christopher.  Mary politely asks what his career is and is somewhat taken aback to learn he has none.  This seems odd to Mary - she has heard of Christopher Steel, and knows he's been in town just as long as her foster parents.  Being a very forthright young lady, Mary asks Christopher why he has no job. 
Christopher:  Why would I get a job?  People are always asking me to join their Dynasties and making me paint all my waking hours.  I'm Sunset Valley's most eligible bachelor, you know.  Is that why you're here?  Have you come to invite me to join your Dynasty?

Mary has no idea what he's talking about.

Christopher continues:  Oh, yes, I've become quite famous.  Did you know a great author is writing my life story?  Her name is Saltypaws, and the biography is called The Life and Times of Christopher Steel.  Perhaps you've seen it?
Mary mumbles something and changes the subject. 

Later, in the taxi going home, Mary thinks about Chris.  He's really not a bad fellow, she thinks, and quite good-looking.  He just needs someone to help him get back on track.  There's nothing she can do right now, but soon she'll be all grown up, and then ...

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #196 on: April 16, 2011, 08:45:01 AM »
Poor Chris plagued by all the dynasty stuff! ;D But we do love him, right?
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #197 on: April 16, 2011, 12:15:16 PM »
Mmm Christopher! How I love thee lol. He is famous! Awesome update!

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #198 on: April 16, 2011, 06:10:34 PM »
I can almost imagine Christopher getting slightly upset when he isn't chosen to be a dynasty spouse.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #199 on: April 16, 2011, 06:39:09 PM »
Poor Christopher.  He probably doesn't know what to think about someone not actually wanting to use him in their story.  Him and Agnes sure get alot of usage, lol.

Thanks for including me in your story, that was cute.  I guess he is used in about 2/3 of our stories.  Great update as always. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #200 on: April 16, 2011, 08:01:12 PM »
*Headdesk* Christopher again? -.-''
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #201 on: April 16, 2011, 08:03:55 PM »
I agree that he is overused. I don't think that any of my Legacies/Dynasties/Stories have ever used him.
Agnes on the other hand is really useful, especially because she has Level 7 Painting and a Bwan Speedster.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #202 on: April 17, 2011, 05:08:54 AM »
Hey, Chris is just so cute! :D Great choice, Mary. I mean, Schip. ;D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #203 on: April 17, 2011, 03:32:09 PM »
Chapter 26:  Week 8, Monday - Friday

Monday morning Pippa heads off to work and the children leave for school, leaving Sebastian alone with an empty day ahead of him.  As is his habit, he stops in at the Consignment store to check for bargains.  He happens to meet Christopher Steel.

Christopher:  I met your daughter Mary the other day.  She's really very nice.  And good-looking.

Sebastian knows all about Mary and Christopher's meeting - Mary came home very excited about the debonair older man she met.  
Sebastian wags his finger at Christopher and says sternly:  You just leave my daughter alone!  She's much too young for you.  And she can do better than some guy who just hangs around waiting to be invited to join a dynasty!  

Christopher, hurt, reacts angrily:  I'm Sunset Valley's most eligible bachelor!  I don't have to chase after some girl whose father wears beat-up old shoes like yours!  You just wait - some rich dynasty woman will come knocking on my door any day!

But Sebastian's fatherly protectiveness wasn't really necessary.  One day a classmate follows Mary home from school.  He's not the most handsome fellow, but he brings his little sister along which impresses Mary.  She sees his potential and immediately wants to get to know him better.  Soon they're getting romantic and Mary realizes that her feelings for Chris were nothing more than an inexperienced teenager's crush on an older man.

One evening a neighbour arrives just as the family is sitting down to dinner.  The woman proceeds to change into her bikini and dance.  Gregory is fascinated.  His dinner sits uneaten as he stares at the dancing woman.  He can't wait to grow up.

Love or something like it is definitely in the air.  But Pippa sits alone watching romances on television.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #204 on: April 17, 2011, 03:33:27 PM »
Yess! In your face, Christopher! :P
Formerly Simstar3

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #205 on: April 17, 2011, 03:35:39 PM »
Well Mr highly desirable dynasty mate has to keep free and single just in case any dynasty founders come looking for him.

I really hope Pippa finds love she looks lonely.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #206 on: April 17, 2011, 03:41:16 PM »
 >:( Sebastian has Chris pegged all wrong. Chris is amazing. The only reason he is over used is because he's amazingly awesome!!  :(

CandyHeartedSim

« Reply #207 on: April 17, 2011, 04:11:28 PM »
Except for the thin lips  ;)
I Really hate the lips they offer you in CAS, They look to thin, or to fat, or to full  :-\

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #208 on: April 17, 2011, 04:37:16 PM »
Wrong choice Mary! Chris is waaaay better.  >:( As Esther said Chris is super awesome!  ;D

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #209 on: April 17, 2011, 04:59:08 PM »
Objection! >:(
Formerly Simstar3