Author Topic: Riches Galore: The Orphanage Project (Completed)  (Read 118959 times)

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
Re: Riches Galore
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2011, 03:34:20 PM »
Thanks a lot, ChronicR!  Yeah, I'm having fun with this story.   :D

You're welcome, Schip. :) I loved the update, and how you incorporated Leto's Max Skills into your story. Are they going to move into one of the Swap Shop's starter houses? ;D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2011, 04:35:28 PM »
Are they going to move into one of the Swap Shop's starter houses? ;D

Let's see - those starter houses are pretty nice, right?  Wait and see.  ;)

Thanks again for the comment.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2011, 06:50:40 PM »
I love the Home for Retired Gnomes! That was awesome! Great updates Schipperke! They do sound like lil spoiled brats hehe.

Offline DeNile

• Occult
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2011, 06:57:30 PM »
Loving this story! I also noticed you seem to have come back to the forum recently after a long break. Is that true?
The Pendragon Randomacy. My new, and hopefully long-term, story for Carl's forum. Following Anita Pendragon: The Runaway.

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2011, 07:09:28 PM »
Great story, Schipperke!
"Home for Retired Gnomes" lol, I love it!
I can't wait to read the next chapter, I'm sure it will be great :)
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2011, 08:28:31 PM »
I also noticed you seem to have come back to the forum recently after a long break. Is that true?

No, I've been around.  Maybe I just haven't been posting as much.  The Otokrak Dynasty that I was writing about kind of ran out of steam, so it's true that I haven't had a story going on lately.  When I got this idea, it just seemed right to write about it.  Something shorter and more manageable than a dynasty.  If the Immortal Dynasty is a full-length novel, this is a short story.  Twelve weeks, and it's over.  No massive game files that take forever to load.   ;)

I really appreciate the comments, and I hope you'll stay tuned for Pippa and Sebastian's continued adventures. 

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2011, 11:35:51 PM »
That should cover the character development requirements perfectly! Bicycles and a starter home, even the retired Gnomes have it better!
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2011, 09:33:27 AM »
Chapter 4:  Leaving Home

Pippa and Sebastian arrive home from the lawyer's office.   This is the last time they will see their ancestral home for some time, possibly forever.  The lawyer made it very clear:  they are to vacate the premises immediately.

Pippa:  I'll just have Skills pack my bags and then -
Sebastian:  Weren't you listening?  That old so-and-so said we can't take anything with us.  No clothes, no nothing.
Pippa:  He certainly can't expect us to go around naked!
Sebastian:  I asked him that before we left the office.  He said we have to find other clothes somewhere.
Pippa:  Other clothes?  Where?
Sebastian:  The only place I can think to look is in the trash bins.  You take the Altos, I'll check the Landgraab place.  We're bound to find something we can wear.

Later, as Pippa and Sebastian are leaving for their new home:

Pippa:  Was that the best you could do?  That flowered shirt looks ridiculous with those pants.
Sebastian:  It's Geoffrey's fault.  The old tightwad doesn't throw out anything that he might be able to wring a little more use out of.
Pippa:  Maybe it's a good thing we can't afford a washing machine.  I don't think those jeans would survive the spin cycle; they're pretty much holes held together by threads.
Sebastian:  You're no runway model yourself, sister dear.  What's with the rubber boots?
Pippa:  Vita's feet are enormous!  Her old shoes wouldn't stay on.  I think the boots used to belong to Holly.
Sebastian:  What happened to your hair?  It looks like gnomes built a nest in it.
Pippa:  It got messed up while I was digging in the trash bin.  I always got my hair done at the salon - whatever will I do now?
Sebastian:  I'll buy you a comb.  When I can afford it.  Does that skirt have holes in it?
Pippa:  Probably. 
Sebastian:  Where is this house the estate is magnanimously providing for us?
Pippa:  Across from the Consignment Store.
Sebastian:  Great.  Across the street from the pawnshop.  I guess they couldn't find anything more downmarket.
Pippa:  Shall we go?  Let's just get this over with.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2011, 03:37:26 PM »
Love the new outfits! Perfect!
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2011, 04:35:40 PM »
BRILLIANT!!!  I love the premise of your story and your wry sense of humor.  Sebastian and Pippa are quite the pair...can't wait to see how they manage.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2011, 10:19:31 PM »
Thanks very much for the comments, lilygirl and Katluvr.  Lilygirl, I think you'll find those outfits suit the new house very well ...  ;)

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2011, 10:41:12 PM »
I love the "new" clothes they are wearing! I can't wait to see the house lol.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2011, 10:31:07 AM »
Chapter 5:  Definitely not from the Swap Shop! - Part I

Pippa and Sebastian decide to take the free taxi service to their new home, declining Mr Payne's offer of the bicycles.  The truth is, neither one had ever learned to ride a bicycle.  Why bother?  There was always a chauffeur to take them wherever they wanted to go, any time they wanted.

They arrive at their new home.

Sebastian:  Will you look at this dump! 
Pippa:  Surely something so awful can't be meant for sims to live in.  Gnomes, maybe ...
Sebastian:  Brambles, junk everywhere - and look how off-square that door is!  The carpenter that built this place must have been drunk at the time.  I'm going to close my eyes and hope it's all a bad dream.

He opens his eyes and the mess is all still there.  He gazes incredulously at a pile of discarded tires.

Pippa wanders over to read the inscription on the old sandwich board.

Sebastian:  This is intolerable!  I'm going to call Mr Payne-in-the-Neck and give him a piece of my mind!
Sebastian picks up his cell phone and punches in the lawyer's number.

Pippa waits as Sebastian remonstrates with the lawyer, shouting angrily.  Finally he ends the call.
Pippa:  Well?
Sebastian:  He said, take it or leave it.  And if we leave, that means we've violated the terms of the will and the money goes to the gnomes' home.
Pippa:  The man's impossible.  Simply impossible.  Well, I guess we'd better look at the inside.  Are you ready?
Sebastian:  Brace yourself.

They open the door and enter the house.

To be continued ..

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2011, 11:23:19 AM »
Hehe I just adore the house!! Perfect for a couple spoiled brats!  ;D

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2011, 12:41:42 PM »
Thanks, Esther.  If you liked the outside of the house, I think the inside won't disappoint.  I hope to have it up later today.

anything