Author Topic: Riches Galore: The Orphanage Project (Completed)  (Read 117893 times)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Riches Galore: The Orphanage Project
« Reply #390 on: May 07, 2011, 08:52:10 PM »
@ Schip - Can you upload Mr Payne?

Consider it done!  It really wasn't as hard as I expected, thanks to your excellent tutorial instructions.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #391 on: May 07, 2011, 08:54:56 PM »
Thank you for uploading him. I've got him up now, too. Not that Alice needs the motivation of Payne-in-the-Neck, she will do good all by herself.  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #392 on: May 08, 2011, 04:17:37 AM »
Thanks Schip!  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #393 on: May 08, 2011, 10:28:45 AM »
Well, you've gotten quite a few people inspired! No fewer than 4 new Orphanage Projects, all thanks to Pippa and Sebastian's inspirational story. Mr. Payne would be proud!

Offline DeNile

• Occult
« Reply #394 on: May 08, 2011, 11:14:43 AM »
"Every 30 seconds"? Gosh that's a lot... I need to adopt some when I'm older. :)

I think I'm going to give this a shot, but I think I'll play on Normal or Long lifespan, Epic bothers me. A lot. Thanks for the rules!
The Pendragon Randomacy. My new, and hopefully long-term, story for Carl's forum. Following Anita Pendragon: The Runaway.

Offline CharlotteDaBookworm

• Occult
  • Call me Charlotte, Charlie or Char
« Reply #395 on: May 08, 2011, 11:21:48 AM »
Awesome story Schip, I've been reading from the beginning but have never posted before. A couple questions, are there any restrictions on traveling and is there a default age you have to start, say could you start with a YA and a teenager? Thanks.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #396 on: May 08, 2011, 11:54:41 AM »
Thanks, Sims3lover.  There are no restrictions on travel.  My sims didn't travel because I've had so many problems with the game running slowly in the travel destinations and other bugs, that my sims rarely go anywhere.  But if it works for you, by all means go ahead.  I think travel could be incorporated into the story in a very interesting way.

And please feel free to start with whatever age you want.  Again, changing the age of the initial characters - anything from teenager to elder - makes for interesting variations in the story.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lenka

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #397 on: May 10, 2011, 04:33:35 PM »
A big thank you Shipperke for this beautiful story.
I read it this afternoon and I wasn't able to stop... You're a great storyteller  :)

Tell me please if you find any mistake in my post. English is not my mother language. It's "only" the third one in frequency of utilisation. I'm "half-French".

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #398 on: May 10, 2011, 04:48:44 PM »
Wanting to start the challenge but can't figure out my story, Lol!  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #399 on: May 10, 2011, 06:42:33 PM »
A big thank you Shipperke for this beautiful story.
I read it this afternoon and I wasn't able to stop... You're a great storyteller  :)

Thanks very much for the comment, Lenka.  I'm glad you enjoyed the story.  And welcome to the forum! 

Offline Bde1225

• Occult
  • Entertain me!
« Reply #400 on: May 17, 2011, 12:11:26 AM »
That was a great story. I loved the ending and how everything turned out for the twins. Can't wait for your next story creation. :)

Dr. Mingbe DeWooLeHoo<---So I don't forget the name of my fav creation! Lol..I am getting old...

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #401 on: May 21, 2011, 10:54:27 AM »
That was a great story. I loved the ending and how everything turned out for the twins. Can't wait for your next story creation. :)

Thanks very much, Bde.  I'm glad you enjoyed the story.  I have a couple of story ideas I'm tossing around but I think I'll wait until Generations is out before starting something new - I want to get an idea of how the new content might be incorporated into a story before starting the next one.

Offline DraGGonized

• Nooboo
Re: Riches Galore: The Orphanage Project (Completed)
« Reply #402 on: June 22, 2011, 03:49:32 AM »
Sorry to revive a dead thread, but I just had an idea that I wanted to present so badly I signed up or this forum on an iPhone! You should make something like this into a NOVEL. I'd buy it, and I'm sure it would be a best seller! Basically, just using your idea- from riches to rags to riches of a different sort.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #403 on: June 22, 2011, 11:04:04 AM »
Welcome to the forum, DraGGonized.  I am very honoured that you think my story is worthy of being a novel and that you joined the forum in order to be able to say so!  I've never thought of myself as someone who might write a novel, but now that you've planted the idea in my brain, who knows what might happen? 

Thanks very much for the comment.

TheDarkPlumbob

« Reply #404 on: July 01, 2011, 04:42:45 PM »
My..... don't know what to say. Just read this story and you will be amazed! Here's a Simmy, take it! (Don't blame DraGGonised for reviving this thread just to make a comment!) ;)