Author Topic: Riches Galore: The Orphanage Project (Completed)  (Read 117925 times)

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
Re: Riches Galore
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2011, 01:37:48 PM »
Absolutely love the house! Awesome job, Schip. :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2011, 02:03:11 PM »
Can't wait for more. This sibling duo is in WAY over their heads!
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2011, 02:25:39 PM »
Thanks very much for the comments, lilygirl and ChronicR.  I have the inside of the house ready to post, but for some reason I'm having a lot of problems connecting to the forum today - when I try to load a page or post a comment, it times out.  Over and over.  The next chapter will be a long-ish post, so I don't want to do all the work only to lose it.  I'll keep trying and hoping the connection improves.  I'm not trying to be mysterious by holding back, honest. 

Well, maybe just a little mysterious!  ;)

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Joh

• Townie
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2011, 02:53:07 PM »
More, more, more!

(Please, please, please!)  :)

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2011, 03:45:09 PM »
I'm still having connection problems, for some reason.  The SaskTel support guy said there's nothing wrong with my line, and I've just run a virus check which found nothing.  So I don't know what's wrong, but I do want to get the inside of the house up.  I'm going to break it up into several short posts, so if it times out again I won't lose it all.  If anyone is reading while I'm getting it up - you'll be able to tell when the post is finished, so please hold any comments till then.  Thanks for your patience.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2011, 03:49:34 PM »
Chapter 5:  Definitely not from the Swap Shop, part II

Pippa:  Great balls of fire!  It's even worse inside.
Sebastian:  Who decorated this dump - Godzilla?
Pippa:  Have you ever seen such filthy walls?

Sebastian:  Those red stains on the table - do you think they could be -
Pippa interrupts hastily:  Paint!  Red paint!  Don't even suggest anything else!

Sebastian peers at the stove:  Where do you suppose they dug up this relic?  You're going to have fun cooking on this monstrosity, Pippy-poo.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2011, 03:53:21 PM »
Pippa glares at him but says nothing.  She's busy inspecting a stitched sampler on the wall.

Sebastian:  What does it say?
Pippa:  Bless this home.
Sebastian:  Someone was optimistic.  No amount of blessing could turn this hovel into a home. 

The house has one finished bedroom and another with no floor or wall coverings.  The twins go and inspect the bedroom.
Sebastian:  Unusual choice in wall paper.  There must have been a special on at the junkyard.
Pippa:  Look at those cheap beds!  I'll never get a good night's sleep on that!  Sebastian, we have a little money left.  I insist we spend it on better beds.

After the filthy front room and the dingy bedroom, the bathroom seems anticlimactic.
Sebastian:  It's ugly, but I guess it'll do.
Pippa:  Like we have a choice.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2011, 03:55:52 PM »
They return to the main room. 
Pippa:  What's that stuff on the kitchen counter?
Sebastian:  Cleaning supplies.  A little present from Payne-in-the-Neck.

Pippa:  I hate that man!  I hate our parents!  How could Mummy and Daddy do this to us!  Life is so unfair!
Sebastian:  Don't whine about life to me, my girl.  It's no fun for me either.  I suggest we have a nap and then get started cleaning up this shack.

As the title says, Pippa and Sebastian's new residence is definitely not from the Swap Shop.  But that doesn't mean it couldn't become a Swap Shop house.  C'mon now, tell the truth - you're just dying to have this one-of-a-kind dwelling in your game, aren't you?  Pippa and Sebastian would love for you to have it.  Just send a small fee (simoleons only, please) to Pippa and Sebastian, care of Skid Row, Sunset Valley.  They'll even throw in the table at no extra charge.  Step right up, folks!  Don't be shy!  ;D

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2011, 04:31:54 PM »
I'll take it!  But only if Godzilla comes with the table!  Now all you need is a little sim rat to run past the kids to make the experience complete...

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2011, 04:35:21 PM »
I'll take the chairs, please. They look fairly new, not rusty yet! Other than that, they can keep it. :) I love the Home Sweet Home sampler, talk about rubbing it in!
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2011, 04:37:25 PM »
I'm sending Pippa and Sebastian a whole motherlode if they 'send' me a copy of their house! ;D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2011, 05:10:55 PM »
Haha the inside is even better than the outside!

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2011, 04:15:41 AM »
Nice updates, Schip! I really do feel for Pippa and Sebastian, but hey...
It's what is best! ;D
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2011, 06:46:52 AM »
I don't know how I had missed this story, but just read it and as usual Schipp, your writing is awesome.  I can't wait to see what those two decided to do.  That will teach em.   :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2011, 09:34:27 AM »
I'm sending Pippa and Sebastian a whole motherlode if they 'send' me a copy of their house! ;D

ChronicR, Pippa and Sebastian have considered your generous offer and come to a unanimous decision - they'd like to come and live with you, as you are obviously much more reasonable and generous than whoever is in charge where they are currently living!

Thanks very much for the comments, everyone.  I really appreciate the interest.

anything