Author Topic: Riches Galore: The Orphanage Project (Completed)  (Read 117857 times)

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
Re: Riches Galore
« Reply #135 on: April 08, 2011, 11:10:02 AM »
This are really looking up for the Vandersims~! ;D
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #136 on: April 08, 2011, 11:13:19 AM »
You may recall a week or so ago that Graeme was playing hooky.  Fortunately, he appears to have mended his ways because on Thursday he comes home with his third straight day on the honour roll.  He ages up.  Graeme was a chubby child, a chunky adolescent, and as a young adult he is quite rotund.  It must be in his genes.  Friday morning Graeme is aquiver with anticipation.  Finally he is ready.  The moment of his destiny is at hand.  He makes a phone call and waits.

Soon Graeme's secret friend arrives.  He met her in the park one day and was unable to tell her his true feelings because of their age difference.  All this time he has been nursing his secret, forbidden love.  But finally he can speak.

Graeme:  Holly, I'm so excited to see you!  The day I met you in the park I knew you were the one for me!  It's kismet!  Fate!  We have so much in common - we both wear red shoes!  I know we're soulmates.  Holly, please make me the happiest Sim on the planet - will you marry me?

Holly says yes, and Graeme excitedly pops a wish to jump into her arms.  Look at the expression on Holly's face - I don't think she was expecting this!

Graeme is almost at level 10 of the Logic skill.  He takes a bit of time to finish that up and goes to the Hospital to apply for a job.

He and Holly pay a visit to the Consignment store for new outfits - keeping the red shoes, of course - and they're ready to embark on their new life together.  Graeme waves goodbye to Pippa and his teddy bear.

Graeme's new house, like Debbie's, is a few steps up from the place he was raised.  He didn't manage to achieve as many happiness points as Debbie - somewhere around 30,000.  But I think he's got a good start in life.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #137 on: April 08, 2011, 11:23:33 AM »
Finally catching up again on stories.  The family is coming along really great and it is actually turning out like I was thinking, unless you sneak in a twist somewhere, hehe. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #138 on: April 08, 2011, 02:53:12 PM »
Congrats to Graeme and Holly! Good luck starting out in your new life together. I have to admit, Pippa is a lot more resourceful than I would have ever given her credit for.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Ellenser

• Future Physicist
  • Townie
« Reply #139 on: April 08, 2011, 06:39:50 PM »
Hi!

I've just started reading your story, and it's going wonderfully! Can't wait to read about what happens next!
Hi!

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #140 on: April 08, 2011, 07:55:32 PM »
Congrats Graeme and Holly! Did they try for baby? And where did you find that desk?? I've never seen one like that and it fits beautifully into the story!!

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #141 on: April 08, 2011, 08:34:08 PM »
The desk came from the store.  I had completely forgotten I had it - it must have been part of a set I bought - but I did think it was just the thing for the Vandersims.  Sorry, Esther, they couldn't try for baby because the household was full when Holly and Graeme married.  But now there are just 6, and I'm thinking I might not bring in another orphan right away because I like the  idea of them trying for baby before they move out.

it is actually turning out like I was thinking, unless you sneak in a twist somewhere, hehe.
Salty, I probably won't be able to surprise you.  Don't they say, great minds think alike?   ;) We'll just have to wait and see.

Thanks everyone for the comments.  Ellenser, welcome to Pippa and Sebastian's saga.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #142 on: April 08, 2011, 08:40:31 PM »
Oh ok, well hopefully Graeme and Holly and Debbie and Morty will do that on their own! That desk is perfect! Now I want it haha.  ;D

Offline Cas

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #143 on: April 09, 2011, 03:27:33 AM »
Just finished reading this last night and this morning.  Love the story and your writing.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #144 on: April 09, 2011, 08:23:48 AM »
The way you write makes me forget that they are Sims and not real people.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #145 on: April 09, 2011, 09:07:51 AM »
Chapter 18:  Week 5 - 6, Saturday & Sunday

Saturday evening Sebastian comes home with a new fridge and a promotion.  It's taken him five full weeks to reach level 10 of the culinary career, but he finally made it.  He prepares lobster thermidor to celebrate.

Sunday morning Pippa and Sebastian are lingering over breakfast, both waiting for the other one to get up and clean the dishes, when a visitor arrives.

Sebastian quickly disappears, leaving Pippa to deal with Mr Payne.  She immediately begins her usual litany of complaints about dirty dishes.

But Mr Payne is wise to Pippa's ways and will not allow her to sidetrack this discussion.

Mr Payne:  Now that Sebastian has reached the top of his career, it's your turn.  You need to prove that you can also earn a living.

Pippa:  But I make a lot of money playing for tips!  And I've had all these kids to look after!  That's not fair!
Mr Payne:  Now that Sebastian is only working a few days a week, he can take over more of the child care.  In any case, with all the teenagers in the house, there really isn't much for you to do, now is there?  I'd think you've probably been getting quite bored.  Now, I know you've made money playing for tips.  But that's not a real job.  You need to show that you can reach the top of a career.
Pippa:  But I have health problems!

To prove her point, she promptly "faints."

Pippa's fake faint might gain the sympathy of a more gullible Sim, but Mr Payne is unmoved.  Look at the expression on his face - he's actually laughing at her.

Mr Payne:  Pippa, do get up and stop this foolishness.  You need to get a job and be ready to start work right away - you've got only 5 weeks to get to the top of your career.  Be sure to notify the car pool to come and pick you up.

Pippa:  But I can't go to work in these rags!  [hopefully] I'll need to buy new clothes.
Mr Payne:  You won't have to buy anything.  Whatever job you take will have a uniform supplied.  Now, I must go.  Give my love to the children.

Mr Payne departs, leaving Pippa to her thoughts.  At this point Pippa has a high level of skill in Handiness and Gardening, so the Science career would seem like a good choice for her.  Or the Music career.  Most Sims would wisely choose a career for which they have the necessary qualifications, but our Pippa has never been known for her wisdom.  All she can think about is ... new clothes!  Free new clothes!  She sets out to learn which career has the best clothes.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #146 on: April 09, 2011, 01:41:39 PM »
Good luck with the new job, Pippa, may you be well-dressed.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #147 on: April 09, 2011, 10:36:14 PM »
I posted a reply about an hour ago, but I think I navigated to another page by mistake.  :-[
Pass my congratulations on to Sebastian, and please tell Pippa to get a job she's qualified for. Please.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #148 on: April 10, 2011, 11:37:06 AM »
Chapter 19:  Week 6, Sunday - Monday

Sunday evening Pippa goes online to learn what new clothes she would be given in different occupations.  But most of the pictures she can find are of male clothing, so Pippa gives up in disgust.  She decides to join the Political career.  The men's clothes aren't too bad so she hopes the women's clothes will be similar.  And she rather likes the idea of becoming Leader of the Free World.

Monday morning she heads down to City Hall to start work.

Pippa's new boss is Tamara Donner.  Tamara takes time to orient the new recruit.

Tamara:  Pippa, to get ahead in Politics you'll have to have a very high level of Charisma.
Pippa:  Oh, don't worry about that, Tamara - I'm a very charismatic person.  Everyone always wanted to come to my parties.  They were legendary!
Tamara was not on the "A" list for Pippa's parties and is not impressed by Pippa's arrogance.  She responds:  Pippa, Charisma is a skill.  And right now you have absolutely zero Charisma.  You'll have to work hard if you want to get ahead in this job.  Now, I think that's all for now.  Run along - there are envelopes to be stuffed. 

Something tells Pippa this might not be the best time to ask Tamara about new clothes.
She spends the day getting to know her co-workers, and stays late to take a Charisma class.  That evening, as Pippa and Sebastian are having dinner, she tells him about her day at work.

Pippa:  Did you know that Charisma is a skill you can learn?  At the class they said that if we work hard and really build up our charisma level, we'll find it much easier to make friends.

Sebastian makes some noncommittal reply, but later that evening after everyone else is in bed, he finds himself unable to focus on his television program.

He is remembering all the times other Sims got angry when he tried to talk about himself or his possessions.  Would it help if he learned the Charisma skill, he wonders?  His work hours are very short these days and he has time on his hands.  He decides to wait until Pippa and the children have left for work and school next day, and then he will go check out this Charisma class.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #149 on: April 10, 2011, 11:44:52 AM »
Learn Pippa, learn! ;D Great update, Schip.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa