Author Topic: Riches Galore: The Orphanage Project (Completed)  (Read 117892 times)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Riches Galore
« Reply #270 on: April 30, 2011, 08:11:35 AM »
Thanks for the comments, jessie and MissMaths.  Seeing the orphans all together makes me wish I had saved them to the bin because they really are very good-looking, I think.  I'll have to do that when the game is finished.

MissMaths, I'll post the rules for the game when it's finished - that's my devious way of getting you to come back to the story!   ;D

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #271 on: April 30, 2011, 08:27:01 AM »
I am still keeping up with your story schipperke and it is such a great read.  I still know what is going to happen at the end, but by now, probably most people have some idea.  When I get settled and there are rules, I am going to try this type of story.  As always, again, you know how to keep the readers interest. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #272 on: April 30, 2011, 08:51:09 AM »
I have a feeling that I'll be trying out this as well. It's a great story and a great idea.

Offline MissMaths

• Townie
  • Please call me Alice - it is my name, after all...
« Reply #273 on: April 30, 2011, 12:29:57 PM »
MissMaths, I'll post the rules for the game when it's finished - that's my devious way of getting you to come back to the story!   ;D
You don't need to do that, you know I'll come back anyway. It's the story and not the promises of the rule set that have kept me hooked! ;D

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #274 on: April 30, 2011, 12:32:40 PM »
What's the name of the challenge? Is it the same as this thread?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #275 on: April 30, 2011, 12:41:31 PM »
What's the name of the challenge? Is it the same as this thread?

I have a name in mind, but I'm still thinking about it.  It may change before I'm ready to post the rules.  If you don't mind, I'll save it until then.  Or maybe this is just another of my sneaky attempts to keep people reading the story.   ;)

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline MissMaths

• Townie
« Reply #276 on: April 30, 2011, 01:10:09 PM »
Or maybe this is just another of my sneaky attempts to keep people reading the story.   ;)
*sighs hugely* You don't need to suspend the rule set, or its name, just to keep us coming back, we'll do it anyway! And I shall make a stab in the dark by saying that 99% of readers will agree, and the other 1% will faint in awe ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #277 on: April 30, 2011, 06:39:11 PM »
Awesome party! All the orphans are gorgeous! Everyone on here knows I play with make needs static on and that's probably breaking the rules of this story so you know I'm not just coming back for the rules!  ;D

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #278 on: May 01, 2011, 08:26:50 AM »
Chapter 34:  Week 10, Sunday

So the practice party with all the family was a success.  Pippa feels confident about the fund raiser she will be hosting Sunday afternoon.  In fact, she's so positive about it that she just popped a wish to throw five parties.  It seems you can take the girl out of the party but you can't take the party out of the girl!  Uh ... let's take this one party at a time, ok, Pippa?

Sebastian bakes his special key lime pie for the occasion, Gregory entertains on his guitar, and all the most wealthy Sims in Sunset Valley turn up.

Marilyn takes the opportunity to seek a little free medical advice from Geoffrey Landgraab.  She's very happy when he tells her the baby will be a boy, as that's what both she and Christopher are hoping for.

Everyone keeps telling Chris how French he looks with his new moustache and clothes.  He's really getting into the role.  Here he is practicing his gallic shrug.

Marilyn showing off how supple she is.  "Look, I can still touch my toes - from the back."  Not bad for someone so heavily pregnant she waddles!  Wonder what exercise regimen she follows.  Is that Pilates, do you think?

Tamara Donner likes the key lime pie so much she goes back for seconds.  Or is it thirds, Tamara?  And by the way, does anyone else ever wonder why all Sims eat left-handed? 

Gordon gets bored with the adult party and wanders into the back bedroom to look at the pictures Sebastian has taken of all the orphans and the teddy bears they have left behind.  He decides he might as well add his teddy bear to the group.

The party raised over $60,000 in donations.  Not a record fundraiser, but not bad, considering some of the tightwads in attendance. 

After the party, Christopher comes up to Sebastian and says:  Ah, Sebastian, mon ami - it was a marvellous party, n'est-ce pas?
Sebastian:  Chris, take a word of advice from your father-in-law:  stick to Simlish!  Your French accent is terrible.  And please stop shrugging!

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #279 on: May 01, 2011, 08:33:31 AM »
Great party. 60,000$ is much, believe me. ;D
Aw, poor Chris and his broken French. I've never noticed that Sims eat left-handed! :o Poor Pippa and her party addiction. :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #280 on: May 01, 2011, 09:53:55 AM »
Awesome update! Sims eat left-handed cause left-handers rule! Left-handers will rule the world someday!  ;D

Offline MissMaths

• Townie
« Reply #281 on: May 01, 2011, 10:10:04 AM »
Awesome update! Sims eat left-handed cause left-handers rule! Left-handers will rule the world someday!  ;D
Yes! Yes they will! Hehe being lefthanded is awesome. I am, my mother is and my mother's mother is! It's in the genes. And it's funny, we're all the only sibling with the left-hand gene, and we're all the middle child!
So my middle child will be a daughter, and left-handed, and she will rule the world! ;D

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #282 on: May 01, 2011, 11:29:41 AM »
Chris would do well to take Sebastian's advice. Sims seem to be ambidextrous with a tendency towards left-handedness. They use their left hand to eat and other things, and they use their right hand for other activities (like playing catch, I think). I've also noticed this as I have two siblings (out of 8 of us) that are left handed. Both my parents and all four grandparents are right-handed. Its an interesting study in genetics if anyone's interested.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #283 on: May 01, 2011, 11:36:33 AM »
I'm sure you guys figured out by my statement, but I am left-handed! Me and my brother are the only ones in the family. We don't know where it came from but we had to have gotten it from somewhere right? Lol I can't wait to see Marilyn and Chris's little boy!

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #284 on: May 01, 2011, 11:45:10 AM »
Hmm, I can't think of anyone in my family who's left handed, but maybe I've never noticed.

Wait oh no, I'm a righty, that means I won't get to rule the world *sniff, sniff*

Great party, I love how Chris just keep shrugging, made me laugh :D

Mary, can I get your personal trainer's card?  Talk about flexible!
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

anything