Author Topic: Riches Galore: The Orphanage Project (Completed)  (Read 117858 times)

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
Re: Riches Galore
« Reply #285 on: May 01, 2011, 12:25:22 PM »
Not to worry about the right-handedness, Juxt, we still have our sheer numbers as a defense against the left-handed uprising! :D
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #286 on: May 01, 2011, 12:29:19 PM »
I am right-handed. And most people in my country! :D We rule! ;D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #287 on: May 01, 2011, 12:42:35 PM »
'Battle of the hands' 2011. :D

Also back to the Story- It's Great! ;D

EDIT:- Took out my idea because I wasn't sure on it.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #288 on: May 02, 2011, 08:50:53 AM »
Chapter 35:  Week 10, Sunday Evening - Monday Afternoon

It's Sunday evening.  The party guests have all departed, or should I say de-partied (ouch).  Debbie's husband Mortimer drops in for a visit.  Suddenly Marilyn starts grimacing and clutching her belly.  She's in labour!  Everyone panics.  Well, all except the devoted husband and father-to-be, who's more interested in dinner.

Yes, Marilyn's baby is arriving right at dinner time.  And it isn't just Christopher - everybody is hungry.  Sebastian has prepared a special meal in honour of Mortimer's visit, and soon the family and guests are sitting round the dinner table, savouring lobster thermidor while the mother-to-be goes through her ordeal alone.

When the baby finally arrives, Marilyn is very hungry and tired.  But she holds up her new baby triumphantly, showing him off to everyone.  Meet baby Andrew, a friendly genius.  Andrew is the first baby to be born in this household.

The next day is a momentous one in its own way for Pippa.  Her boss is so impressed with Pippa's performance that she gives her a promotion.  After seeing Tamara scarfing down slice after slice of Sebastian's key lime pie at the party, I think the pie deserves a lot of the credit for this promotion.  Be that as it may, Pippa has met her commitment to Mr Payne - she has reached the top of her career.  And with four whole days to go.  The new leader of the free world stops outside City Hall for a photo-op before going home:

You may remember that Pippa chose Politics mainly because she thought she would get some decent clothes to wear.  I'm not sure mossy green is really her colour, but there's no doubt the medal and crest are impressive.  But Pippa as leader of the free world?  Scary prospect.  On second thought, maybe not any more scary than some of the politicians and leaders we keep hearing about.  Now, Pippa's elevation to supreme leader is particularly significant today, as today we are having a national election here in Canada.  I promise, this is just a coincidence - I honestly didn't plan for Pippa's promotion to coincide with election day!  But maybe someone planned it (Mr Payne?  Pippa herself?).  Pippa for Prime Minister?  Better than some that are running, in my opinion.  But this is not the place for a political debate, so moving on ...

Soon Gregory and Gordon will grow up and leave home.  There are no more orphans for Pippa and Sebastian to bring up.  They are both at the top of their careers.  On Friday they have their appointment with Mr Payne to review their progress and, hopefully, take possession of their parents' estate.  Lonely and at loose ends, Pippa strolls across the street to the Consignment shop looking for diversion.  She meets someone new:

Recognize him?  Gobias Koffi.  Pippa immediately wants to know what his sign is, as you see in the picture.  Their signs aren't particularly compatible, but lonely Pippa doesn't care.  Her next wish is to kiss Gobias.  At that point, I send her home.  The poor girl is obviously very ill.

Knowing all the doctors in town has its advantages.  Geoffrey and Morgana are happy to come over and examine the patient.  Geoffrey gives up and turns his back.  Morgana thinks, "yes, a very serious case.  She needs the right sort of medicine.  What can be done?"

Right, that's all for now.  Time for me to go and vote.  Maybe I'll vote for Pippa, but I'm not telling.  Secret ballot, you know!

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #289 on: May 02, 2011, 12:44:00 PM »
I'll vote for her~! ;D
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #290 on: May 02, 2011, 02:31:53 PM »
Apparently Pippa's a little starved for affection if she finds herself wanting to leap into the arms of bespectacled rolly-polly Gobias.  But who am I to judge, maybe he has an awesome personality :D

*Confetti* For Pippa *confetti* Woo! Leader of the Free World! Woo! *confetti* Making the world a better place for orphans! Woo! *confetti*
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #291 on: May 02, 2011, 02:40:49 PM »
I'm sorry but we need a doctor urgently! I knew that Pippa was a little bit weird. (No offence Ms Leader of the World) But Gobias Koffi!  :o Go Max, Go Max! Max Skills all the way!  ;D
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #292 on: May 02, 2011, 02:55:15 PM »
In my head Max Skills has a British accent. I can almost imagine him as James Bond the Name is Skills, Max Skills.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #293 on: May 02, 2011, 03:03:22 PM »
Go Max, Go Max! Max Skills all the way!  ;D

I myself agree with ratchie and samoht about Max being even more desirable as a mate than Christopher Steele.  If Max was human instead of Sim, I'd be after him myself.  But there is a big social gulf between Max and Pippa, you know.  Do you really think romance is possible between Pippa and a servant?  What would people think? 

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #294 on: May 02, 2011, 03:08:47 PM »
At this point, Pippa has already lived both sides and learned alot about people and feelings.  I don't think it would matter to her if she was romantically involved.  She knows what it is like to work hard and hired help work just as hard, if not harder, than alot of people.  I think it would be kinda neat to have the two of them as a couple. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #295 on: May 02, 2011, 03:09:18 PM »
She's been living in a shack raising orphans after being sumarily kicked out of her home, does she really care what people think anymore?  She rules the free world, they'll think what her publicist tell them to think  ;D
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #296 on: May 02, 2011, 03:10:47 PM »
She rules the free world, they'll think what her publicist tell them to think  ;D

You just made me laugh out loud!  Excellent point.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #297 on: May 02, 2011, 05:59:56 PM »
Yay for Pippa being the leader of the free world! Welcome Andrew! And I agree who care what people think? The heart wants what the heart wants. Although, Gobias should not be what any heart wants!!  ;D

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #298 on: May 03, 2011, 12:25:37 AM »
Yay Pippa! I wonder if they passed the test???
On another note:
Pippa should find a husband. She's now the leader of the free world - if people don't like it, they could be thrown into SimJail.
Skills would make a suitable mate - especially if Payne tells them they failed. Also, has Pippa maxed Charisma???

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #299 on: May 03, 2011, 08:36:26 AM »
Yes, Seabody, she has maximized Charisma.  And they (and we) will find out in a few days whether they passed the test.  As for her relationship with Max - keep in mind that even though Pippa no longer has her snob trait, she was raised to think of him as a servant, someone whose only goal in life was to do her bidding.  And of course, Max's training and his role was to do just that.  Even if they had feelings for each other, there's a big social gulf to cross.  The daughter of the house marrying the butler?

anything