Author Topic: Riches Galore: The Orphanage Project (Completed)  (Read 117879 times)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Riches Galore
« Reply #345 on: May 06, 2011, 10:15:50 AM »
Chapter 41:  Week 10, Friday, part 3:  Pippa

Pippa and Sebastian say goodbye on the steps in front of city hall.

Pippa watches as Sebastian drives off in the taxi to begin their new life in Barnacle Bay.

A few hours later, Mr Payne calls to say the papers are ready for her to sign.  Here's a shot of Pippa leaving the office after signing the papers.  I think her expression speaks for itself.

Friday evening Morgana drops in to check on her patient.  She finds Pippa standing alone outside staring into space.

Pippa begins to talk about work. 

Morgana interrupts her:  No, no, Pippa!  No more about work!  You need some fun.  You told me that your flight to Barnacle Bay doesn't leave until tomorrow evening, so here's what I want you to do.  Tomorrow you just go out on the town and have fun.  Enjoy yourself.  And don't think about work or the challenges waiting for you in your new home.  Will you do that?
Pippa:  Well ...
Morgana, sharply:  Doctor's orders, Pippa!  This is your prescription:  a day on the town.  And if I don't see you before you leave, good luck to you and Sebastian.

Morgana leaves.

Tomorrow is Saturday, the last day of week 10.  Tomorrow we shall see if Pippa follows her doctor's orders, and I believe that will bring our story to an end.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #346 on: May 06, 2011, 10:20:57 AM »
Wow, talk about getting engrossed in a story.  I certainly did with this one schipperke.  Now I can't wait to see your next story, but take your time, no hurry, really, none.  lol. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #347 on: May 06, 2011, 10:23:50 AM »
Certainly do not hurry, Schip. ;) That has proven itself to be the incredible formula, from Clan Douglas Dynasty to the Otokraks to Riches Galore.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #348 on: May 06, 2011, 10:34:05 AM »
By the way, Maxine really is related to Max, courtesy of Create-a-Sim.

I thought as much as soon as I saw her! She'll make a great addition to the S&P Orphanage. Good luck to Pippa on her night out on the town. Lets see what trouble she can get into! I wonder who she might run into.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #349 on: May 06, 2011, 12:22:19 PM »
Now I can't wait to see your next story, but take your time, no hurry, really, none.  lol. :)

Thanks for the comments.  Salty and Chronic, I do have a couple of ideas I've been playing with.  I think one of them might make a decent story, but I want to be sure before I start writing that it's something that won't just run out of steam after the first few posts.  Beginning a story is easy, and endings aren't usually too hard either - it's how to keep the interest going through the middle part when your sims are really just doing what all other sims do - that's the challenging part for me.   

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #350 on: May 06, 2011, 01:05:28 PM »
Exactly. But even the worst idea may eventually turn into a first-class story. What I love most is playing in a way unknown to me, with new Sims, famous townies maybe. Anyhow, I'm sure you'll make yet another awesome story. Wish you luck.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #351 on: May 06, 2011, 02:40:37 PM »
Great update, I hope when you post your challenge rules, you'll also upload Mr. Payne, it might be really cool if he were an interdimensional Sim guardian angel.

I loved his departure, all the bunnies around seemed so random and hilarious to me.

Good luck to Sebastion and Pippa, and their new help Maxine!

If it's not too much to ask, maybe we could also see the first of the new adopted nooboos?  I have a strong desire to see them started in their new home before the curtain drops :D
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #352 on: May 06, 2011, 02:54:48 PM »
I knew it! Mr. Payne was an alien~! ;D
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #353 on: May 06, 2011, 03:02:55 PM »
I knew it! Mr. Payne was an alien~! ;D

Yes, you were right.  Actually, it was your post that put the idea into my head.  So thanks very much for your contribution to the story!  If you've ever wondered if it's worth your time to comment on a story, I hope this convinces you that your comments very much worthwhile.  (Of course, not everyone is as shameless about stealing ideas as I am.)

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #354 on: May 06, 2011, 03:08:25 PM »
Great update, I hope when you post your challenge rules, you'll also upload Mr. Payne, it might be really cool if he were an interdimensional Sim guardian angel.

I'd like to upload Mr Payne.  Of course, I have no idea how to do it, so it will likely take time for me to learn.  Thanks very much for the comment, Juxt.  Considering that your story has been cited as one of the funniest things in the forum (and rightly so), I particularly appreciate that you enjoy my attempts at humour.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #355 on: May 06, 2011, 03:16:37 PM »
See ya Mr. Payne! Good luck Sebastian and Pippa! Also, Maxine is very pretty! Might she be looking for love with Sebastian? Yes I am a Hopeless Romantic, see my signature?  ;D

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #356 on: May 07, 2011, 08:33:32 AM »
Chapter 42:  Saturday, Week 10.  Pippa

Pippa really doesn't feel like going out and pretending to have fun, but she promised Morgana she'd try.  Besides, it's her last day in Sunset Valley so she might as well see the sights one more time.  She visits the bookstore.

She swings in Central Park.  Gobias immediately joins her.  He always seems to turn up - I'm beginning to think he's stalking her.  Forget it, Gobias, she's not for you.

She picnics alone.

She goes down to the beach.  Lost in thought, Pippa doesn't notice someone approaching until he's standing over her. 

Max:  Mind if I join you?
Pippa gestures to the other lounger and Max sits down beside her.

Max:  I wanted to thank you and Sebastian for the house and pension.
Pippa:  You earned it, Max.  We both feel awful about how we used to treat you -
Max, interrupting:  That's in the past.  I've forgotten about it and you should too.  You must be excited about starting another orphanage in Barnacle Bay?
Pippa starts to say "Oh, yes, very excited,"  but something stops her, and she decides to speak the truth instead:  No. 

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #357 on: May 07, 2011, 08:36:37 AM »
Max:  No?
Pippa:  Everyone I care about is here in Sunset Valley.  I don't want to leave behind all the people who matter to me!
Max:  Of course - all the children -
Pippa interrupts:  Not just the children!  Everyone.
Max isn't quite sure how to respond, and the conversation awkwardly turns to the weather.

After a few more minutes of stilted small talk, Max says:  Well, I'd better be going.  Good luck.  
He walks off down the beach.

Suddenly, Pippa runs after him, calling his name.

Pippa:  Max, have you ever wanted to get married and have a family?
Max:  Oh yes, I've always wanted to have a big family, at least 5 children [this is his LTW].  But it was never possible working as a butler, you know.  My employers wouldn't have stood for it.
Pippa:  And now that you're not a butler any more?  What if you found somone who really cared for you?
Max:  Someone who didn't care that I was a butler and her social inferior?
Pippa:  What a load of cobblers you speak, Max!  

She leans in and -

Pippa's first kiss!
Her flight leaves in a few hours.  It's now or never.  Boldly, Pippa asks:  Max .. would you like to marry me?

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #358 on: May 07, 2011, 08:40:53 AM »
Max:  You mean it?  Would you really say yes?
Pippa:  Only one way to find out, Max.  Please ... don't make me do the proposing.

Max drops to his knee and whips out the ring he just happens to have with him.

He salutes his bride-to-be:

As the waves roll in behind them and the shadows lengthen, Pippa and Max gaze into each other's eyes.  Something tells me there'll be an empty seat on this evening's flight to Barnacle Bay.

The newly-engaged couple run to tell everyone the joyful news.

And as the sun sinks below the horizon, we bid farewell to our friends in the little valley town. 

The End

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #359 on: May 07, 2011, 08:42:03 AM »
Thanks very much to everyone who has taken the time to read this story, and especially to those who have been so kind as to leave comments.

ps.  Oh, and by the way - Sebastian and Maxine got along quite well without Pippa's help.  Two's company, don't cha know?

A lot of readers knew way back that Max and Pippa were meant for one another.  When you first started expressing this, I was a little dismayed as I thought it meant the story was too predictable and perhaps I should change it.  But I decided not to.  Max and Pippa were destined to be together, and you all knew it.  In my opinion, this is the natural conclusion for this story.  You may recall that the story began "Once upon a time," and we all know what kind of stories begin in that way - fairy tales!  This particular fairy tale has been a story of two people going from riches to rags to riches of another kind.  And I confess I am committed to fairy tales having a happy ending, because I've always wanted to say this:

"They all lived happily ever after!"

... and may we all do the same.  Cheers.