Author Topic: New to picking traits...a problem  (Read 3266 times)

Offline mysticmirror

• Llama Wrangler
New to picking traits...a problem
« on: March 29, 2011, 06:04:56 PM »
Okay so I'm kind of new to Sims 3, not Sims in general though as I've been an avid fan for a long time. So I have this family and I finally decide it's time to have kids. My first baby beautiful daughter, did a good job got to pick two traits, all is fine. Second baby daughter, did a good job again, got to pick two traits for her. Then my oldest daughter turns into a child. They said I did all well and so I get to pick my third trait. So I go through pick the one I want. Put it up into the little trait thingy click the checkmark...viola. Wait, now I look and the third trait isn't on her list, she still only has the first two traits I picked? What! So I thought maybe I did something wrong with picking the trait and I'll have to pay attention when my next daughter grows into a child. So, few days later my youngest gets to pick her trait. Went through the same process again. Checked that I did everything I was supposed to do, then click check. Checked her traits and she has no third one either. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help....feeling like such a noob ::)

Heather

Offline mysticmirror

• Llama Wrangler
Re: New to picking traits...a problem
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 07:04:18 PM »
Ohh and does anybody know any way I can add that missing trait in...a cheat or something. I was kind of stupid and saved the game afterwards. When my oldest daughter turns into a teen I intend on saving my game just before she turns and if it doen't work not saving.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Jonna

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 07:49:03 PM »
This is a bug.  You did nothing wrong!!  Do you know how to use the cheats window?  You'll need to use a cheat to fix it.

Ctrl+shift+c brings up the cheats window.  Then type in testingcheatsenabled true.  Then shift+click on your affected sim, then Modify Traits.  You can then add in the trait that you selected (or a different trait, if that's what you so desire).  When you've finished, you can turn off the cheat by bringing up the cheat window again, then type testingcheatsenabled false.

Offline mysticmirror

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 08:14:56 PM »
Thanks so much...boy I was kind of feeling stupid, LOL. Yes I know how to use the cheats window. I will do what you said, thanks so much. Glad to know it wasn't something I was doing that was wrong.

Offline Jonna

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 08:41:34 PM »
Forgot to mention, make the affected sim the active sim.  So, right click on the child to select her, then shift+click.

Offline mysticmirror

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 09:24:29 PM »
Thanks, got it all fixed ;D

Offline Jonna

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 12:39:51 PM »
Yay!  Congrats on fixing your first (?) bug!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mysticmirror

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2011, 09:22:41 PM »
Hehe, actually haven't had the Sims 3 that long and this makes my third bug....grrrr

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2011, 11:56:06 PM »
The bugs used to really drive me insane.  I'd get so aggravated, that I'd quit for weeks at a time, but I loved the game so much that I'd keep coming back to it.  At some point, I just accepted the fact that bugs were going to be a part of the game play.  Since then, they don't bother me anymore.  Ok, maybe a little bit.  :P

Unfortunately, the bugs are something that you'll get used to.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline mysticmirror

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2011, 12:27:57 AM »
Thanks, your right I will. I remember when Sims 2 first came out...bugs gallore. Got used to them too and finally they fixed them. So I will wait patiently for the ones in Sims 3 to get fixed.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2011, 12:42:23 AM »
So I will wait patiently for the ones in Sims 3 to get fixed.

Yeah...well while I've accepted the bugs, I'm not actually what you'd call an optimist.  :P

It's not that I think they'll never be fixed.  I just choose not to look that far into the future.  That way, I don't have to think about it and form an opinion lol.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

anything