Author Topic: What would the best traits be to give Alexander and Cassandra Goth?  (Read 2208 times)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: What would the best traits be to give Alexander and Cassandra Goth?
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2023, 02:27:58 PM »
Ah congrats on getting level 4 on their respective career tracks!!

Possible warning - It's my understanding problems could happen if your Sims get pregnant while away traveling. Like never-ending birth after arriving home. Possibly corrupting the game and birthing Sim.

The only way I know of at the moment to fix that is to go back to a save from before they traveled.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline vgamer1991

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2023, 07:46:23 AM »
That bug is crazy and I don't know why people would do that, but no worries. The reason I went to Oasis Landing to start the family was because you can Engineer a Baby at the hospital there.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2023, 09:42:55 AM »
I'm thinking maybe because they didn't know that could happen. I didn't until I started reading about it happening.

Ah, good idea.  Hope all goes well with the baby and traveling.
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline vgamer1991

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2023, 10:00:03 AM »
There's always MasterController and its option for an Instant Baby (or instant MULTIPLES if you so desire) XD

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2023, 11:29:13 AM »
Yep, there sure is. lol

Offline vgamer1991

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2023, 03:51:53 PM »
Help! Alexander Goth was born via the Oasis Landing hospital and Cassandra just made the Imaginary Friend Metamorphum potion, but even though they're still in Oasis Landing and there are currently only 4 "official" members of the Goth household, Cassandra can't give the potion to her friend because "This household is too crowded for another family member"! I want to add Tammie (the Imaginary Friend) to the household before the Goth family leaves Oasis Landing because if I don't she'll get lost when the family returns to Sunset Valley (I've already tried)! What do I do now????

Edit: The family has 6 cats in Sunset Valley. Is there a way to, perhaps, do away with one or two of the cats in the homeworld so I can make Tammie a member of the family? Or is there a way to recover her when she's lost on return so I can separate the kitties from their parents and then turn her into a real Sim?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2023, 05:05:24 PM »
There is away to add more than 8 Sims to a family.

Ah-ha!! A little searching... and Igazor saves the day with a link to what we're looking for.

I want to play a household with more than eight sims in it.
https://www.nraas.net/community/Which-Mod-FAQ#I-want-to-play-a-household-with-more-than-eight-sims-in-it

It requires a few mods that you may already have. -  MasterController ; MasterController Integration ; Mover ; PortraitPanel ; Woohooer ; and StoryProgression depending on how you want to set things up.

Sounds like Tammie is still a doll? If yes, leave her and the potion in Alexander's or Cassandra's backpack til you get home.

I do remember reading traveling with a IF Doll can be tricky, so she may not be the same after you get home. They sometimes change colors, personalities, hair, etc.

You might need to put up some of the cats for adoption?  Though I think that's what you were thinking of doing to help get more Sims in your household? I've never tried having more than the 8 Sims.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline vgamer1991

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2023, 05:17:39 PM »
Tammie was befriended by Cassandra as a toddler to the point where she, like Cassandra, is a Child, but is an "actual" Imaginary Friend who is neither in doll form nor a real Sim. I have also remembered that, since this is the Goth family we are talking about, another goal I have is to have an alien Sim from another town "abduct" Bella and move her to Strangetown **after** deleting the version of Bella that's already there.

Will asking Tammie to "Leave Me Alone" enable Cassandra to put Tammie back in her inventory long enough to get back to Sunset Valley or do I have to "rescue" Tammie somehow when they get back?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2023, 05:29:00 PM »
You might be able to ask Tammie to leave you alone and then pop back into doll form. I haven't played a lot with IF Dolls in awhile since they are so buggy. If you are able, test with a test-copy of your save file?

Offline vgamer1991

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2023, 01:22:44 PM »
Gotta fire up this old topic again....

OK, so I did what you told me to do, but now every time I try to return the Goth family to Sunset Valley from Oasis Landing at least one of them gets caught by Overwatch (or is it ErrorTrap?) as unroutable so they disappear from the game. AAAAAAARGH!!!!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2023, 03:49:32 PM »
If you've got any error reports from ErrorTrap or Overwatch, you might ask about them over at Nraas?

They'll help read those reports and let you know why or give suggestions on why it's reporting errors. The error reports from the above mods can be found found in: (\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3)

They looks something similar to this: ScriptError__05-08-2023__02-39-45__2246E7ED.xml  The file also has your computer name in it. Which can be removed if desired, when sharing with Nraas.

In case you want to know how to upload the error files: (https://www.nraas.net/community/How-To-Upload)

Some of the files are correction log files that are okay to delete. (right-click the file > Delete) These reports are just letting you know what say ErrorTrap fixed for example and can be safely deleted.

You can also get an idea of how to read the reports yourself from this page:

ErrorTrap Reading Logs: (https://www.nraas.net/community/ErrorTrap-Reading-Logs)

Offline vgamer1991

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2023, 07:57:01 PM »
Ahaha, forgive me, I'm dumb, it's Traveller that's producing the errors. I did a little mini-exit and was able to "recover" the family, but Tammie acted as if Cassandra had not gained any relationship with her and could not be "taken out of" the inventory to be "made real" via the potion (after moving Bella out of the household as per the abduction in the Goth family storyline). She could only be played with like a teddy bear.

How do I recover missing travellers (if they can be recovered at all)?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2023, 08:57:55 PM »
That sounds somewhat familiar as one of the bugs of traveling with a IF doll.

Here's what I was able to find on recovering missing travelers -

Recover Missing Sims:
Go to Overwatch > Immediate > Recover Missing Sims

Or....

City Hall > Nraas > Overwatch > Immediate > Recover Missing Sims

anything