Author Topic: Are cars supposed to stay at the diner??  (Read 1932 times)

Offline hrlw817

• Llama Wrangler
Are cars supposed to stay at the diner??
« on: October 09, 2013, 01:20:41 AM »
Hello everyone. I am new to this forum, and have a question about cars at community lots. At the Hogan's Deep Fried diner, for at least the past 4 or 5 Sim weeks, there are the same exact cars parked in spots in front of the diner and in back of it. They never move or disappear no matter what time of day or night. My game does the freeze up for a few seconds here and there, and I do the resetSim, and it helps for a while and I am just wondering if those cars being at the diner all the time is causing my game to do the freeze thing, or if anyone knows if those cars stay.

Thanks

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
Re: Are cars supposed to stay at the diner??
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 08:07:16 AM »
It's not unusual for cars to appear and stay on community lots. I usually just ignore them or if my sim is a klepto I let him or her go steal them :)
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 11:15:30 AM »
Welcome to the forum hrlw817.

Offline hrlw817

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 12:17:54 PM »
Thanks for the reply grimsoul. Thanks for the welcome Blackrosea. So, it's not a big deal for those cars to stay? It's just odd that they never go away. I do use Overwatch, and it never clears those cars out of the diner. After it does its thing, it will tell me it cleared like 8 to 15 cars, then I check the diner's lot and those cars are still there.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 12:26:48 PM »
No, not a big deal.  I just ignore them in my game.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 08:05:20 PM »
Thanks for the reply grimsoul. Thanks for the welcome Blackrosea. So, it's not a big deal for those cars to stay? It's just odd that they never go away. I do use Overwatch, and it never clears those cars out of the diner. After it does its thing, it will tell me it cleared like 8 to 15 cars, then I check the diner's lot and those cars are still there.

The cars that Overwatch is deleting are cars that spawn in townies inventories. Townies will have a Big Lemon spawn in their inventory when they go somewhere for them to drive. And the next time they go somewhere the game will sometimes spawn another car for them to drive instead of using the one that's already there. Depending on the town I'm playing Overwatch will delete up to 80 cars a night.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline hrlw817

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 10:53:16 PM »
Wow! 80 cars a night? The most I have seen is around maybe 20 cars. I still play in Sunset Valley, it's usually the only town I play. OK then, something else must be causing my game to freeze then.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2013, 11:00:23 PM »
Wait until you have a sim in a career position with a limo. There can be more than 2,000 deleted.

Offline hrlw817

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2013, 12:57:36 AM »
Wait until you have a sim in a career position with a limo. There can be more than 2,000 deleted.

Actually I did. I had one of my female Sims become the Rock Star. I had her reach level 10 and she had a limo. I had her retire when she became an elder. Then she died of old age. I didn't have Overwatch then, I actually just starting using it about a week ago. So no deleting of 2,000 cars.  :D

anything