Author Topic: Growing Tiberium?  (Read 30914 times)

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
Growing Tiberium?
« on: March 22, 2011, 02:59:23 PM »
I've searched the forums and gotten some info, but I'm still a bit confused about how to get tiberium to grow.

Do you have to travel with uncut tiberium and then cut it only after your sim gets the negative moodlet or should you cut it right away and then travel with it?

Do you have to carry it around until the negative moodlet appears or can you just take it on a trip with you and then set it in a clear patch of ground when you get home and have it grow?

Does there still seem to be a problem with consignment store tiberium not growing?  The 2 pieces I have are from the consignment store, but I finally completed the MA challenge to get gems from space rocks, so hopefully more will turn up (I already got a pink diamond and a soulpeace stone!  WOOT!).

Thank you for your help.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Growing Tiberium?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 03:17:35 PM »
What I usually do is find it overseas (mostly Egypt, I have found one in China before) and then when I come home I get send it to get the spire cut. I never wait till the negative moodlet shows and you can pretty much set it anywhere to let it grow. And I think the growing thing only happens if you find it overseas? I'm not exactly sure on that one but some one else might have some more information on that.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 04:39:50 PM »
I'm not totally sure you can find it in the wild at home...but even finding it while you travel is extremely rare.  But I've had tiberium I've found from breaking space rocks grow.

Also, if you travel with a cut tiberium it will never grow, and if you travel with one that is already grown it will shrink and go back to what it normally was worth (and will never grow again).  Traveling bugs it somehow.  Gemstones you find at home and while you travel are separated.  If you already have an uncut emerald in your inventory, and find another abroad, they will not stack until they are cut.  I'm not sure why, but I believe the two are related somehow.

While you can set it on a stretch of open ground to get it to grow, it will do so if you set it on a coffee table or dresser...and even an end table if there is nothing else on it.  I have also never been able to get more than one to grow at a time.  I can place 3 or 4 out in completely different areas and one of them will grow, but as long as that grown one is still sitting out, the others won't grow.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 05:26:18 PM »
I do know, that I found one at the consignment store, never got the nauseous moodlet and it never grew.  The ones you get from board breaking, you send it off to get cut and when you get it back, set it on a table and it will usually have grown overnight, give or take.  I never had to wait for the moodlet for board breaking ones.

The ones you get abroad, when left in inventory, you will get the nauseous moodlet, usually before you even get home, when you get home, send it off to be cut and then set out on a table. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 09:19:13 PM »
It looks like there's some confusion about this issue and some conflicting answers.  Here is how it works for me:

1.  Tiberium found while in a vacation location (either in the wild or at a Relics Store) does not need to be cut.  Your Sim will have the nauseous moodlet when he arrives home or shortly thereafter.  Whether he has the moodlet or not, you can place the uncut Tiberium anywhere on the ground or on a surface.  As long as there's some space around the Tiberium, it will transform into a large spire cut within a couple of Sim days.  You can have more than one transform as long as there's some space around each piece of uncut Tiberium.  By space, I just mean that they can't be right next to each other on the invisible grid.  The large spire cut that results from the transformation will be worth $35,000 to $40,000.

2.  Tiberium obtained from breaking space rock blocks at home needs to be sent to the gem cutters.  If you have sent off enough gems, the heart shaped cut will be available for Tiberium for $1,000.  Otherwise, you must use the small spire cut for $6,000.  With either cut, you set the Tiberium out when it comes back from the gem cutters the same as with uncut Tiberium.  It must have some space around it to transform.  The heart cut and small spire cut will both transform into the large spire cut within a couple of Sim days.  These are also worth $35,000 to $40,000.  

These are the two basic scenarios for Tiberium.  Of course, there are other ways it can happen.

1.  You may get Tiberium from breaking a space rock block while on vacation.  This Tiberium may or may not transform on its own from the uncut state when set out when your Sim returns home.  If it doesn't, simply send it to the gem cutters as described above.

2.  Tiberium gotten at home from a space rock may or may not transform on its own if your Sim takes it to a vacation location.  As above, try it and if it doesn't work, send it to the gem cutters.

3.  Tiberium by any other method may or may not transform.  If it doesn't, send it to the gem cutters and set it out when it comes back.

I've dealt with quite a lot of Tiberium and these rules always hold true for me.

[Edited to add number 3 above.  -Pam]
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 01:17:49 AM »
I always sent the gems off to get cut right away, so I never realized that they could grow without getting cut!  Man, the money I could have saved...then again, I rarely find them in the wild lol.

But for some reason, I could never get more than one to grow at a time.  I could set a bunch out around the house, and one of them would grow, but if I didn't put it away in a chest or sell it off, the other ones wouldn't.

But travel does do something to a cut tiberium:

I kind of look on the large spire cut tiberium as my sim's "nest egg."  I tend to save them for when I need to buy something really expensive (like a property).  Once, I was planning on buying a vacation property, but wasn't sure if I'd have enough money...so I put about 4-5 grown tiberium in my inventory and went on a trip.  My plan was that if the property I wanted was less than the value of the tiberium, I'd sell it and buy it.  If not, I'd just keep collecting them until I did, so I wouldn't spend the money on something else.

However, after I got to the base camp, all of the tiberium had shrunk to their original size.  I immediately returned home to see if they'd go back to being grown, and they didn't.  So I set them out around the house to get them to grow again, and none of them ever did.

Another time, I got a tiberium while breaking space rocks in China and I sent it off to get cut when I went back to base camp.  I collected it before I left, and when I returned home, that one wouldn't grow either.

This was a long time ago, so whatever caused it might have been fixed (either inadvertently or intentionally), but I won't take the chance anymore lol.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 01:20:28 AM »
I do know, that I found one at the consignment store, never got the nauseous moodlet and it never grew. 

I've had the same experience with tiberium from the consignment store not growing.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 12:09:30 PM »
What I always do to get Tiberium is travel to China, buy the Martial Arts dummy and board breaker and return home (or get them from buydebug if it's a game allowing cheats, aka not a Dynasty/Legacy), learn Martial Arts, and get it from space rock breaking. I got 5-6 Tiberiums after a two day breaking session (of course, Make Needs Static was on). First thing I do after I get uncut gems is to cut them with the most expensive cut available, so I cut Tiberium in spire cut. The next day I put the cut Tiberium on the ground (not inside, outside, on the grass) and check it two days later. It grows, and it's value goes up (up to 40-45,000). It also has an annoying 'ping' sound when playing on speed 3. Wild Tiberium is very rare, so if you have a good Martial Artist and access to a board breaker, then get it that way. Consignment Store is usually bugged for me, so it's out for me at least.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2011, 03:21:37 PM »
Thank you all for your replies, I have a plan of action now and I'm not quite so confused as before. 

This is for my dynasty and my gen 3 heir is level 10 in MA, so board breaking is the best option to obtain potentially growable tiberium.  The consignment store ones aren't a complete loss since I bought them for about $120 and spent $6500 on getting a spire cut but they are worth about $7200 cut, so that's still a $500-600 profit.

So far I haven't gotten any tiberium from board breaking (2 soulpeace and 3 pink diamonds, though...not too shabby).  Unfortunately I haven't completed the athletics challenges yet, so my sim gets fatigued, but most of the time the moodlet manager takes care of that.  Is it the strength challenge that affects board breaking or the cardio one?  Logic would say strength, but one never knows with a game.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2011, 01:33:46 AM »
@Katluvr:

On the Tiberium you got from the Consignment Store, did you leave it out for a few days after it came back from the gem cutters?  It might have grown to a large spire cut worth $40,000.

It would also get your Martial Artist to collect gems around town and send them off to be cut.  That's the best way to open the Heart Cut, which is much less expensive than the small spire cut. 

I'm certain that the strength challenge results in no fatigue, but the cardio challenge may do the same thing.  I'm not 100% sure of that, though.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline deelink

• Nooboo
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2013, 01:29:40 AM »
Just wanted to note that Tiberium began to work for me after I got my sim to "view" it. Once that happened it just began to grow automatically.
It was on the ground, where it remains at around $37,000 Large Spire. Do they get bigger than Large Spire?

My sims Dog found it. Good on ya Skye ;)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2013, 08:30:05 AM »
@deelink:

No, the large spire is as big as it will get, nothing larger than that.

Offline Serenity S.

• Occult
  • Flea market shopper in 3rd generation.
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2013, 08:56:43 AM »
My doggy Snowie found one, it was cut with the gem cutting machine, result: one spire cut and two gem dusts. I placed them all to my backyard, and after a few days there was three large spire cuts, worth something like 36000, 37000 and 44000. I didn't sell them and after a few weeks they were together worth something like 118000 simoleons. They still grow there, cause I want to know how expensive they can get.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2013, 03:24:25 AM »
My doggy Snowie found one, it was cut with the gem cutting machine, result: one spire cut and two gem dusts. I placed them all to my backyard, and after a few days there was three large spire cuts, worth something like 36000, 37000 and 44000. I didn't sell them and after a few weeks they were together worth something like 118000 simoleons. They still grow there, cause I want to know how expensive they can get.

Your three initial amounts add up to 117,000 simoleons.  Are you saying that they gained maybe 1,000 over a period of a few weeks?  That's really not a significant gain.  I don't think they gain any real value after growing to the large spire.

Just wanted to note that Tiberium began to work for me after I got my sim to "view" it. Once that happened it just began to grow automatically.
It was on the ground, where it remains at around $37,000 Large Spire. Do they get bigger than Large Spire?

My sims Dog found it. Good on ya Skye ;)

It was probably coincidence that it grew after viewing it.  It's not necessary to view it for it to grow.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Serenity S.

• Occult
  • Flea market shopper in 3rd generation.
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2013, 11:22:03 AM »
Your three initial amounts add up to 117,000 simoleons.  Are you saying that they gained maybe 1,000 over a period of a few weeks?  That's really not a significant gain.  I don't think they gain any real value after growing to the large spire.

Sorry that was my fault I did the math incorrectly. It was about 125000, they were like 44000, 36000 and 45000, the last one had gained eight thousand more worth after becoming large spire. With my game, they still seem to grow after becoming large spires. The other two are still at what they were when becoming big.

Do you ban me or something because i did so big mistake?

anything