Author Topic: Children in Sims Medieval  (Read 72882 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Children in Sims Medieval
« on: March 26, 2011, 11:51:34 PM »
What I've discovered so far is that pregnancies last only about a day.  When the infant is born, he automatically gets a cradle.  It stays at the spot where the mother gave birth.  Mothers can feed (nurse) and cuddle babies.  I got a notice a couple of days later that the baby was about to grow up.  However, the camera didn't pan to it, so I didn't get to see it.  My queen was hunting bears at the time.  The baby went straight to a child.  The player does not control the child, but you can send him shopping and have access to his inventory.  Otherwise, it's just the normal interactions.  I'll post more information as I get it.  Right now, it's night time and the queen has gone to bed.  I don't know what the child will do.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Musenapper

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Children in Sims Medieval
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 12:32:07 AM »
Haha beat me to starting this thread.

The cradle can be moved in buy/build mode, handy!

Dad can cuddle the baby too.  For me I think ittook a day maybe day and ah alf to grow to child status.  I did get a notification.

I'm wondering to children have needs that we need to look after at all?  do we need to buy another bed?  No idea where I'd put it since they live in the tavern.  I think I have a second kid on the way lol.  Do we need to feed them so far I've never messed with making large meals.

I also wonder what Religion the child is in my case the Mother is Jacoban and the father my bard is agnostic.  No wait I don't htink children have one as my priest wasn't ever able to have the option to convert them. (which makes sense)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 12:37:18 AM »
My queen's child slept in her bed the first night, so I believe they do need a bed.  I saw that he was hungry, but I didn't see how he got fed.  My first guess is that maybe the servant fed him.

Also, Mustnapper, we have a Spell Check button next to Post and Preview that would probably catch most of those typos.  :)

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 03:30:02 AM »
My Doctor's children simply come home at night and sleep in their beds. In the morning they get dressed and spend the entire day running around town having sword fights with the other children. I put markers on them so I can check in every now and again. Apparently you can send them to the Shoppe for you. I haven't tried it yet but they're suppose to be able to shop for you and then you can grab the stuff from their inventory the next time you run into them. I have yet to catch any of my 3 children eating. They sleep, have sword fights, and play in the wash basins. Oh, and make wishes at the wells.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Musenapper

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 09:10:43 AM »
And they play with mirrors.  Mine spent his whole first night playing at the mirror and playing with his toy horse.  (Haven't bought him a bed yet, not sure where to stick it  in the taavern :(  )

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 09:24:23 AM »
Children age up the moment the 24 hr had a child moodlet is gone.  They just pop into being a child.  No magic sparkles, cross-eyed faces or anything.  You get the notice about 3-6 hrs before the moodlet is up but the child never grows up until your just had a baby thing is gone.  They come home to sleep so generally it's a good idea to put a bed somewhere for them.  As for eating.  Apparently no one in the village eats.  My other heros even come over to eat at the place I'm working at the time.  I've just started having my Sims make large portions of everything.  As soon as they are a child you can interact with the child saying send to shoppe.  It's like all other interactions where you have to actually tell the child to do it but then they go and you get the shopping window to pop up shortly thereafter.  If you have the sim marker on for the child as soon as you see it coming down the village path you can click on the marker and say "show child's inventory" and hit the take all button to get everything you just bought.  If you have more than one child, sometimes if the other child takes the bed they had slept on the night before, the first child will just wash himself/play with his bear all night until the second child wakes up. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 04:09:22 AM »
@Ricalynn:

Do you just keep a bear out somewhere for the child to play with?  My queen's child isn't interested in anything I've bought him, that I can tell.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 10:59:11 AM »
I have 2 families with 2 kids and a monarch with 1 kid.  I ended up giving each child his/her own bed, more because it felt wrong not to than because of any ill effect of not putting beds in for them.  I also make sure that there is a doll or a bear available for each.  They play with them sometimes but more often end up playing with other kids around the kingdom or making goofy faces at themselves in the mirror. 

I haven't been able to actually feed a child, other than as an infant, but if you put a large bowl of food on the table and call the family to the meal the kids will come eat if they are in the area.  There doesn't seem to be any change to relationship level whether you do this or not.

The other thing is you can cuddle someone else's infant.  My physician got pregant but I completed the quest before she delivered.  I still got to name the baby when it was born and I sent my active hero over to see and cuddle the nooboo.

I'm interested to hear about your experiences with traits.  In my 2 families with multiple kids (both from the same parents), one pair of siblings had identical traits and FF and the other had identical traits but different FF.  Has anyone noticed the same thing?  I wonder if it's random or if the same parents always produce the same traits and only the FF is random?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 12:34:53 PM »
Most of the time my children have very similar traits or FF and maybe one trait difference.  I think it's random but not that random as it may be based on the parents traits/FF.  I'm still not sure what's up with the naming of the children (swordsman/bloodletter/smith).  I can't figure out how it's chosen.  I think the next kingdom I'll try something.  At first I thought it was because it was auto choosing the father's profession but now I wonder if its because the fathers might be higher level heroes.  We'll see.

@ Pam - I usually just leave the teddy bear on the ground near their bed where it's not in the way of anything and they just plop down and play with it like the toddlers do in TS3 (except no cute biting of the ears).

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2011, 12:53:17 PM »
I'm still not sure what's up with the naming of the children (swordsman/bloodletter/smith).  I can't figure out how it's chosen.  I think the next kingdom I'll try something.  At first I thought it was because it was auto choosing the father's profession but now I wonder if its because the fathers might be higher level heroes.  We'll see.

So far all my kids have been named after the father's profession.  In the case of my monarch's child, the monarch had the higher level and initiated the WooHooing but the child still ended up named after the father's profession.  If children are indeed named after their father's profession it would seem kind of odd to me.  After all, in real life you can always be certain of who the mother is, but it takes a blood test to verify who the father is.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2011, 12:57:04 PM »
It could be the age old concept of just following in your father's footsteps.   In couples where only one was a hero, the child always takes the hero's job.  I think.   ;D  Also, I had one of my urchin children age up to be a soldier for my knight and then die during the quest.  It was sad but because they had known each other before the quest I knew it was the same kid.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2011, 04:06:25 PM »
For those of you who love green and blue on your Sims, hair color breeds true!  My monarch's son, L'il Smith Jonathan, has his mother's green hair.  Interesting that he isn't named "Prince" something or other.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Jonna

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2011, 04:16:36 PM »
My monarch's son, L'il Smith Jonathan, has his mother's green hair.  Interesting that he isn't named "Prince" something or other.

I have a Prince Charming running around my kingdom!  He's a real handful too, always getting in sword fights!  ;)

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2011, 05:19:23 PM »
It occurs to me that as long as you know the child's parents you are never going to see a child with the traits - Whale at my parents, Hopeful Orphan.  Or at least you shouldn't.

Also my lavender haired wizard had one child with purple hair ( the boy ) and one with dark hair like it's father (the girl).  So my kingdom has a purple haired little boy running around.

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2011, 07:39:52 PM »
 Interesting that he isn't named "Prince" something or other.

That is interesting because my monarch just saw the birth of his first child, and she is Princess Joan.  It could be her name following her father's profession, as others have mentioned.  Her mother is the Smithmaster of Crafthole, but Joan still got the title "Princess."

I also saw the mother breastfeeding.  How cool is that?!  I hope that's not taboo to mention, since it is in the game, after all.  I hadn't seen explicit mention of it yet.   :-\

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2011, 07:53:44 PM »
Yes but you just said it was the father that was the king.   Joria's queen had a son with the blacksmith and he didn't become a prince which further goes with my thinking that if you use two Heroes then they will always be what the father is.

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2011, 08:42:32 PM »
Yes, just confirmation from the opposite situation.  Good info to have, too!   ;D

dollkey

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2011, 01:31:46 AM »
Where did you put the kids' beds? In the same room as the parents'? I was wondering if I can convert one of the rooms in the throne room into a kids room.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2011, 02:21:13 AM »
Since the Monarch's room is big enough, I put a twin bed in there with a couple of toys.  I have a partition at the end of the monarch's bed to sort of give it a two room affect.  Looks pretty cool, the kid isn't around except for bedtime anyway, lol.  :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2011, 03:13:08 AM »
I moved the bathroom into the corner of the master bedroom and gave my little Prince what used to be the bathroom. He's got the long tables and wall shelves loaded with everything I could find under Misc Decorations to make it look like he's a young treasure hunter that brings everything home. :D I quite enjoy his room.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Joh

• Townie
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2011, 06:38:23 AM »
My bard had a son with the blacksmith, the boy "Sword" was friendly, evil, and uncouth.  (His bard mother is uncouth too).  Then my game crashed and I lost him.  (It was allllll a dream...it never happened...)

Offline Jonna

• Occult
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2011, 12:35:45 PM »
I chose the Princess theme, so the kitchen/dining room is downstairs.  I emptied the upstairs left and right rooms of just about everything and just had the middle room as the bedroom/bathroom.  When my king had a son, I moved the cradle into the right room, then added a bed and some toys.  I'm very spartan. ;) I emptied all the benches out of the throne room as well.  And the extra columns and decorations.  I think I'm a little paranoid about my game slowing down because it's rendering so many objects.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2011, 12:47:49 PM »
Did you know hat the game treats newborn babies as objects?  :o When I wanted to feed the baby, I noticed that when hovering the mouse over the cradle the * sign appeared instead of the body shaped sign (when hovering over Sims). I do like the new feeding system, too. ;D Too much reality!
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2011, 12:56:55 PM »
I will say one thing.  The dark throne bonus room has that extra room that looks like an inquisition room.  I turned that into a wizard's hideout (queen married wizard in this game)  but it could have easily become kid's room.   I like finding nooks and crannies to fit stuff for the other professions in the castle so I can keep all the food in one larder.  Clinic, church and cathedral are the only things I don't move because those are places that people go too often.  But my bard has a stage at the tavern and one in the reception hall.  By the time she's done playing on her lute and makes it to the other place that 1h buff that says you've recently played is almost gone and she can keep making money which helps when she's not my main hero.

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2011, 04:46:07 PM »
The throne room is probably the easiest structure to redecorate to accommodate children.  I have used the princess theme for 2 kingdoms now and you can easily convert the dressing room or the sitting room into a child's room.  I opted to add another privacy screen and put the monarch's son in the bedroom with her.

The hardest redecoration for me was for my wizard's family since she has so many items that are required by her profession.  She and my Peteran priest had 2 children.  I ended up moving all wizarding gear to the first floor, the second floor was the main living area and bedroom for wizard and hubby, and I converted the 3rd floor into the kid's room.  I left the bookshelves and desk there and just added a couple of twin beds. 

Has anyone figured out if there is a point in the game where WooHooing won't produce children?  In my first kingdom I had the following:
  - wizard married Peteran priest and had 2 children
  - physician married knight and had 2 children
  - monarch married Jacoban priest and had 1 child (then divorced the priest so she could run off with the heir to Effenmont)

When my spy and blacksmith got married no matter how many times they did the deed she didn't get pregnant.  Same thing when I tried for a third kid with my wizard and priest.  All the other kids resulted from just 1 WooHoo.  There were also random children running around the kingdom but based on their names they didn't appear to be offspring of any of my heroes.

Any ideas?  I wonder if WooHoo doesn't produce kids after a certain number are born into the kingdom?

Offline athena

• Occult
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2011, 11:42:52 PM »
I had one of my urchin children age up to be a soldier for my knight and then die during the quest. 

I thought children could not grow up in this game. How did this happen pls? Thanks! :)

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2011, 01:07:08 PM »
I thought children could not grow up in this game. How did this happen pls? Thanks! :)

I think children of your heroes don't age up beyond the child stage.  You will also have a bunch of random kids in your village (urchins, orphans, etc.)  and I, too, think I've noticed that they will sometimes appear as adults as your kingdom matures.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2011, 03:11:43 AM »
Just a note that the big princess dolls don't seem to be toys but rather statues.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2011, 04:29:58 AM »
This is my Blacksmith's Daughter, Lil Smith Jasmine. This is as close as I could get but she is in shadow.

Yes, Children do need food and I normally just made a soup and put the bowl in their inventories once a day.

Offline MrGabic

• Llama Wrangler
  • Music is freedom
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2011, 01:08:26 PM »
I like that you all care so much for your children in sims medieval. I used to do that a lot in the previous sims but now all that I do is send him to buy me what I need while I continue to level up my hero or tell a few jokes or make a few silly faces so I can get the +10buff that I played with a child. Hope I'm not too cruel but after all I kind of like the cruel and evil trait and also this is how sims medieval is built, to make you concentrate mostly on heroes ?  :-\
" Caam paruu caam ... paruuu
  Caam paruu uveel uveel" :)

Music sustains the game and life

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2011, 04:27:21 PM »
I like that you all care so much for your children in sims medieval. I used to do that a lot in the previous sims but now all that I do is send him to buy me what I need while I continue to level up my hero or tell a few jokes or make a few silly faces so I can get the +10buff that I played with a child. Hope I'm not too cruel but after all I kind of like the cruel and evil trait and also this is how sims medieval is built, to make you concentrate mostly on heroes ?  :-\

Pretty much.  It's rather a combination of rpg and Sims.  Not as long in some ways or as fulfilling as rpgs can be and not as much into really building your character and seeing them grow as in Sims.  Your hero never really ages up as far as I know.  A lot of it is frustrating, a lot is extremely challenging, and a good deal is boring.  Most of us have been really getting into seeing how to make things work.  Forinstance, my favorite thing to do in Sims is build.  It took me awhile but I have found ways to at least redecorate enough to satisfy that urge.  I also like to garden so running around finding every single weed and plant was a fun challenge for me.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2011, 09:06:33 PM »
I haven't had to feed any of the children of my Sims.  In fact, the Merchant's daughter was out of bed and out the door before her mother even got to the kitchen to cook.  I don't think you have to feed any Sims that you don't control.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2011, 02:12:59 AM »
They eat if you give them the option to though. I have seen them get hungry.

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2011, 01:23:08 PM »
Children in TSM seem to be one of EAs nods to the Sims franchise.  They have a few benefits, but no real drawbacks as far as I can tell.  I kind of like the fact that there isn't a lot of child care in the game.  I think it could get quite difficult to balance child care, quest activities, and responsibilities - especially if you are controlling more than one hero at a time.

Benefits
- buff for WooHoo
- big buff (+80 for 24 hours, I think) for the birth of a child
- small buff for playing with the child
- sending the child to the store
- minimal care required for nooboos and traits are assigned rather than selected, which leads me to wonder what effect, other than a cyring child debuff, there would be for a hero who has a nooboo and doesn't feed or cuddle it at all
- no apparent penalty for failing to provide bed/food/toys for children although they will sleep/eat/play if you provide those things for them

Drawbacks
- debuff around crying nooboos
- I've noticed that my blacksmith's son won't always go to the store when asked - their relationship is neutral right now so perhaps this is a consequence of their relationship status

Basically I provide beds and toys for my heroes children simply because, for me, it just feels wrong not to.  At first I tried cooking larger meals, but the children were rarely at home, so I just stopped trying to feed them at all.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2011, 01:31:10 PM »
Children in TSM seem to be one of EAs nods to the Sims franchise.  They have a few benefits, but no real drawbacks as far as I can tell.  I kind of like the fact that there isn't a lot of child care in the game.  I think it could get quite difficult to balance child care, quest activities, and responsibilities - especially if you are controlling more than one hero at a time.

Benefits
- buff for WooHoo
- big buff (+80 for 24 hours, I think) for the birth of a child
- small buff for playing with the child
- sending the child to the store
- minimal care required for nooboos and traits are assigned rather than selected, which leads me to wonder what effect, other than a cyring child debuff, there would be for a hero who has a nooboo and doesn't feed or cuddle it at all
- no apparent penalty for failing to provide bed/food/toys for children although they will sleep/eat/play if you provide those things for them

Drawbacks
- debuff around crying nooboos
- I've noticed that my blacksmith's son won't always go to the store when asked - their relationship is neutral right now so perhaps this is a consequence of their relationship status

Basically I provide beds and toys for my heroes children simply because, for me, it just feels wrong not to.  At first I tried cooking larger meals, but the children were rarely at home, so I just stopped trying to feed them at all.

I agree with everything listed here.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline channa81

• Nooboo
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2011, 05:59:01 AM »
Maximum three children...? So far I have not been able to have more than three children. Also, if you have three children and marry another hero than it asks you what household you want to live in and picks two of your children to live with you in the household. The other does not live with you but still hangs around sometimes. Right?

Anyone have more than three children? Bye for now.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2011, 06:03:40 AM »
Maximum three children...? So far I have not been able to have more than three children. Also, if you have three children and marry another hero than it asks you what household you want to live in and picks two of your children to live with you in the household. The other does not live with you but still hangs around sometimes. Right?

Anyone have more than three children? Bye for now.

See, it's not that you can't have more than three children. The thing is that the if you have the fourth child, the first child will be deleted from the game and you won't see him again, thus making the max alive possible at the same time three.

Offline channa81

• Nooboo
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2011, 06:05:00 AM »
4 people per household maximum.

This can either be 2 married people and 2 kids or,

it can be parent and 3 kids, or

parent, three kids and partner that sleeps over and shares bed with Mom
sometimes only.

Right

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2011, 06:12:51 AM »
The new patch coming out on Thursday will let us have a Max of 5 sims per Household.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2011, 06:14:51 AM »
The new patch coming out on Thursday will let us have a Max of 5 sims per Household.

Seems like this patch will change most aspects of the whole game. Another great thing: children of Heroes can grow up and continue their parents' job if the parent dies.

Offline channa81

• Nooboo
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2011, 12:39:55 PM »
Neat. I mean about the patch to make a household fit five members. How do you know? Thanks.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2011, 02:39:04 PM »
See, it's not that you can't have more than three children. The thing is that the if you have the fourth child, the first child will be deleted from the game and you won't see him again, thus making the max alive possible at the same time three.

Are you sure that one gets deleted from the game and doesn't just magically grow up and move away?  Sometimes you will see grown up Sims with the names and appearance of the child you no longer have around so I'm wondering if that's the case.

My nooboos are heavily cuddled, fed and loved right from the start and the minute they grow up they are befriended by mom and dad.  They have their own bed which they automatically use right away.  They always come home for dinner and if I put dried jerky or rations in their inventory at the end of the day it's gone.  If mom or dad get up before they do and make food they will hang around a few minutes to see if there is a call to the meal.  It's all the interaction I get from them, although they do seem to make a point of seeing the mom and dad during the day and chatting with them no matter where they are.  I usually stick several teddy bears around and the town kids flock to them and play happily for hours.  Also, if you put a few plates of gruel on a table somewhere public kids will come and eat it.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2011, 06:04:27 PM »
Are you sure that one gets deleted from the game and doesn't just magically grow up and move away?  Sometimes you will see grown up Sims with the names and appearance of the child you no longer have around so I'm wondering if that's the case.

They grow up?  :o Wow, I never knew that. Yeah, maybe that's the case. :) Thanks.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2011, 07:20:33 PM »
The New Patch Notes. We get to choose a child of a Hero to become our new hero if they die!

Shillianth

« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2011, 04:42:14 PM »
The first (and only) child my sims have had pre-patch was a girl... Post patch boy x 7! I'm running out of boy names! haha

Frozenoj

« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2011, 09:05:52 PM »
To be completely honest, the thought of feeding, providing beds, or buying toys for my sim children never even occurred to me! Apparently I am a bad sim momma lol. I probably won't either, since most of my sims don't have the money nor the space to buy these things (except the Monarch, but he doesn't have any kids at this time).

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2011, 11:20:47 PM »
I don't think the children need any of that.  It is just to make us feel good.  ;D

I find my children will often crawl into a double bed if you have one.  Very few of my sims get married so there is usually space for a child in the bed and, even if my couples do get married, the spouse is rarely there anyway.  I feed my children sometimes; if they look hungry and stick around long enough.  I was surprised once when a child pulled a bread roll from his inventory and sat eating it.  I wasn't playing his family so I don't know where he got it from. 

valinia

« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2011, 03:53:54 PM »
Since the latest patch, I have been trying to have a 4th child and no go. My queen married the prince in the Effonmount quest and the first time they woohoo'd they had a child. She now has 3 boys and I would love to see her have a little princess. I've been playing for 10 "game days" and they woohoo like 10 times a day and still no pregnancy. I thought that your sim could still get pregnant after the patch even though you already have 5 in the household, just that one kid would disappear to make room for the new one. ALL of my heroes have boys no girls! Anyone else having this baby boom of boys, and any thoughts to how you "get rid of" a child to have others?

I've been reading the comments about how children who disappear seem to show up all grown up with the same name. This is not happening for me.

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2011, 05:44:15 PM »
I might be confused but I think you already have the extra child. We were limited to two children before the patch (for a married couple) and now it is three.

I had a run of boys too.  I think it is just random.  My sims have had two girls recently though so I am happy.

Kaliopae

Maximum number of children?
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2011, 12:24:09 PM »
Before patch 1.3(?) I couldn't get any of my Sims to have more than two children. Since the patch two of my Monarchs have had three children, but no matter how hard I try they can't seem to have a 4th.

Is there a maximum number of children a Sim can have? If so, is there a way around it? Does it matter what profession they are?

Chuckles_82

Re: Maximum number of children?
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2011, 07:30:12 PM »
They increased the household limit to 5. If you have a female sim who is not married, you can have four children. If your sim is married then you can only have 3.

Kaliopae

« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2011, 09:34:31 AM »
That's a shame. If I kick husband and children out of the house does that free up space for more kids?

Hekateras

« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2011, 01:37:08 PM »
How can you kick the children out of the house? How would that work? O_o

I'd also like to hear more about this rumour in the other thread about the new kid replacing an old one if over the limit, with the old one becoming a mature sim living somewhere in the Kingdom. Who has experienced that? Any tips on how to make it happen? In my game the pregnancy simply doesn't happen, it seems.

yaelxyz

« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2011, 03:56:46 PM »
How can you kick the children out of the house? How would that work? O_o

I'd also like to hear more about this rumour in the other thread about the new kid replacing an old one if over the limit, with the old one becoming a mature sim living somewhere in the Kingdom. Who has experienced that? Any tips on how to make it happen? In my game the pregnancy simply doesn't happen, it seems.

If you divorce the husband/wife, you can decide if the kids stay with your hero or with the partner, I think. It happened to me with my monarch once.
I've never heard about that rumor, though.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2011, 12:20:47 AM »
That rumor came from the Prima Guide.  I've not seen any actual validation of it from any of our members.

Because we already have a thread about children in Sims Medieval, I'm merging this thread with it.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline danefaith

• Top Secret
  • Occult
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2011, 02:53:24 AM »
I'm not keen to buy into the dissapearing children rumor.  My monarch successfully conceived in one or two tries with his first three children.  Since then, they've been unsuccessful, after a count of 30 tries.  I believe the cap prevents a fourth child from even being born.

Oh, sweet irony, deliver me from coincidence.

Please feel free to utilize any of my builds in any of your stories and so forth.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2011, 02:57:10 AM »
I'm not keen to buy into the dissapearing children rumor.  My monarch successfully conceived in one or two tries with his first three children.  Since then, they've been unsuccessful, after a count of 30 tries.  I believe the cap prevents a fourth child from even being born.

From what I understand, the update changed the number of Sims allowed in a household, so more children are now possible.  But, I kid you not...  the Prima Guide actually says the firstborn child disappears when the third child is born.  ;D

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline danefaith

• Top Secret
  • Occult
« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2011, 03:01:59 AM »
Knowing the monarch sometimes, they're probably being taken into protective custody.

Oh, sweet irony, deliver me from coincidence.

Please feel free to utilize any of my builds in any of your stories and so forth.

valinia

« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2011, 02:43:15 AM »
The Prima Guide (pg 54) mentions that you can send your child into the Forest to collect free meat - but beware because they will not survive a random bear attack. Has anyone encountered this? I have clicked on my Monarch's children but there is never an option to do this.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2011, 04:32:10 AM »
I see that in the Prima Guide, too.  I've played with several children and have never seen the option or opportunity for them to get free meat in the forest.  It could be an error in the Prima Guide, or maybe there's certain circumstances that trigger the option that we just haven't encountered yet.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline vicfje

• Nooboo
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2018, 10:36:54 AM »
I got a child that had Dread Pirate as a legendary trait, and i sent him off to Advorton Military Academy. The parent died but only my three last children pops up when i chose child succession? Does anybody know how to get him back so i can make him heir?

Offline Sciffy Circo

• Nooboo
    • Sciffy Circo on Sims Exchange
« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2019, 06:52:39 PM »
I just got my fiance playing Sims Medieval, and nothing on Google shows me this answer.  How do you send children into the forest to hunt?  Is it just random?  I can see the village shop option, and use that constantly.  But I've never seen an option to actually send a child into the forest.

Also, another search said after child #4 in the entire kingdom, the child gets randomly sent to some other territory, and occasionally sends gifts & letters back.  Pretty cool, never seen that either.

I'm still amazed that after all this time, we're both still managing to see things I'd never before seen in the game.
Find me on Facebook, Sciffy's Sims Page

Offline Sindocat

• Fairy Godfather
  • Townie
« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2019, 11:21:41 AM »
I don't believe that children can Hunt in the forest. If they could, the interaction would work like sending them to the Village to shop, since Hero Sims do so by clicking on the signpost at the relevant rabbithole entrance.

Now, I have not added Pirates and Nobles content to my game, so it is just possible that the option comes as a part of that expansion, but honestly, I have never seen it mentioned anywhere.
"Who cannot draw upon three thousand years is living from hand to mouth." - Goethe