Author Topic: Children in Sims Medieval  (Read 72906 times)

Frozenoj

Re: Children in Sims Medieval
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2011, 09:05:52 PM »
To be completely honest, the thought of feeding, providing beds, or buying toys for my sim children never even occurred to me! Apparently I am a bad sim momma lol. I probably won't either, since most of my sims don't have the money nor the space to buy these things (except the Monarch, but he doesn't have any kids at this time).

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2011, 11:20:47 PM »
I don't think the children need any of that.  It is just to make us feel good.  ;D

I find my children will often crawl into a double bed if you have one.  Very few of my sims get married so there is usually space for a child in the bed and, even if my couples do get married, the spouse is rarely there anyway.  I feed my children sometimes; if they look hungry and stick around long enough.  I was surprised once when a child pulled a bread roll from his inventory and sat eating it.  I wasn't playing his family so I don't know where he got it from. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

valinia

« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2011, 03:53:54 PM »
Since the latest patch, I have been trying to have a 4th child and no go. My queen married the prince in the Effonmount quest and the first time they woohoo'd they had a child. She now has 3 boys and I would love to see her have a little princess. I've been playing for 10 "game days" and they woohoo like 10 times a day and still no pregnancy. I thought that your sim could still get pregnant after the patch even though you already have 5 in the household, just that one kid would disappear to make room for the new one. ALL of my heroes have boys no girls! Anyone else having this baby boom of boys, and any thoughts to how you "get rid of" a child to have others?

I've been reading the comments about how children who disappear seem to show up all grown up with the same name. This is not happening for me.

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2011, 05:44:15 PM »
I might be confused but I think you already have the extra child. We were limited to two children before the patch (for a married couple) and now it is three.

I had a run of boys too.  I think it is just random.  My sims have had two girls recently though so I am happy.

Kaliopae

Maximum number of children?
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2011, 12:24:09 PM »
Before patch 1.3(?) I couldn't get any of my Sims to have more than two children. Since the patch two of my Monarchs have had three children, but no matter how hard I try they can't seem to have a 4th.

Is there a maximum number of children a Sim can have? If so, is there a way around it? Does it matter what profession they are?

Chuckles_82

Re: Maximum number of children?
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2011, 07:30:12 PM »
They increased the household limit to 5. If you have a female sim who is not married, you can have four children. If your sim is married then you can only have 3.

Kaliopae

« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2011, 09:34:31 AM »
That's a shame. If I kick husband and children out of the house does that free up space for more kids?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Hekateras

« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2011, 01:37:08 PM »
How can you kick the children out of the house? How would that work? O_o

I'd also like to hear more about this rumour in the other thread about the new kid replacing an old one if over the limit, with the old one becoming a mature sim living somewhere in the Kingdom. Who has experienced that? Any tips on how to make it happen? In my game the pregnancy simply doesn't happen, it seems.

yaelxyz

« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2011, 03:56:46 PM »
How can you kick the children out of the house? How would that work? O_o

I'd also like to hear more about this rumour in the other thread about the new kid replacing an old one if over the limit, with the old one becoming a mature sim living somewhere in the Kingdom. Who has experienced that? Any tips on how to make it happen? In my game the pregnancy simply doesn't happen, it seems.

If you divorce the husband/wife, you can decide if the kids stay with your hero or with the partner, I think. It happened to me with my monarch once.
I've never heard about that rumor, though.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2011, 12:20:47 AM »
That rumor came from the Prima Guide.  I've not seen any actual validation of it from any of our members.

Because we already have a thread about children in Sims Medieval, I'm merging this thread with it.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline danefaith

• Top Secret
  • Occult
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2011, 02:53:24 AM »
I'm not keen to buy into the dissapearing children rumor.  My monarch successfully conceived in one or two tries with his first three children.  Since then, they've been unsuccessful, after a count of 30 tries.  I believe the cap prevents a fourth child from even being born.

Oh, sweet irony, deliver me from coincidence.

Please feel free to utilize any of my builds in any of your stories and so forth.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2011, 02:57:10 AM »
I'm not keen to buy into the dissapearing children rumor.  My monarch successfully conceived in one or two tries with his first three children.  Since then, they've been unsuccessful, after a count of 30 tries.  I believe the cap prevents a fourth child from even being born.

From what I understand, the update changed the number of Sims allowed in a household, so more children are now possible.  But, I kid you not...  the Prima Guide actually says the firstborn child disappears when the third child is born.  ;D

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline danefaith

• Top Secret
  • Occult
« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2011, 03:01:59 AM »
Knowing the monarch sometimes, they're probably being taken into protective custody.

Oh, sweet irony, deliver me from coincidence.

Please feel free to utilize any of my builds in any of your stories and so forth.

valinia

« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2011, 02:43:15 AM »
The Prima Guide (pg 54) mentions that you can send your child into the Forest to collect free meat - but beware because they will not survive a random bear attack. Has anyone encountered this? I have clicked on my Monarch's children but there is never an option to do this.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2011, 04:32:10 AM »
I see that in the Prima Guide, too.  I've played with several children and have never seen the option or opportunity for them to get free meat in the forest.  It could be an error in the Prima Guide, or maybe there's certain circumstances that trigger the option that we just haven't encountered yet.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog