Author Topic: Funeral party! Yay!  (Read 54982 times)

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
Re: Funeral party! Yay!
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2011, 11:49:36 PM »
Never thought of that! It's like the Irish wakes we have in my family (drinking and dancing to celebrate their past life; not their death).

Leto85

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2011, 07:53:44 PM »
I had the day before yesterday my first sims funeral. Well, you can asume every sim will have one funeral party in his or her life but I guess you know what I mean.
So I invited the guests and guess what: nobody showed up! The whole party was dead, not only the best man.
Hmmm, next time I will 'selebrate' the next funeral at the nearby graveyard. After midnight shining through guests will arive anyway and they have no place to run away 'scared to death' to so that party can't go wrong.

Sing with me: 'It's my party, and I die if I want to. Die if I want to.'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2011, 09:46:46 PM »
Sing with me: 'It's my party, and I die if I want to. Die if I want to.'

Leto, you crack me up!   ;D

But I do like the idea of having a funeral party at the cemetery.  I didn't know it was possible to have a party in the graveyard.  If you try it, let us know how it goes.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Leto85

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2011, 03:36:29 AM »
You shouldn't be having a funeral party for one of your babies any time soon.

According to some 'torture results' on YouTube you can't even let babies die. Not even if you change families (to prevent the babies from taken away) and watch them lying on the ground crying, because that is all you get as EA prevents early death.
And your doing well, EA. Infant mortality is unfortuniatly very realistic, but I'm glad EA has taken that out.
I hope nobody will ask me to test this kind of things myself because I will refuse. Digital or not, I'm not sick enough to torture sims, especially not babies, toddlers or children.

Offline Tommyo3000

• Occult
  • The name's Piglet. Harry Piglet.
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2011, 01:26:09 PM »
Who would make videos trying to torture babies?  :o That's just horrible! I decided to have a funeral party last week and while my sim was mourning the grave of his wife Jack Bunch started laughing out loud!  >:( What bad manners.

Leto85

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2011, 02:57:35 PM »
Who would make videos trying to torture babies?  :o That's just horrible! I decided to have a funeral party last week and while my sim was mourning the grave of his wife Jack Bunch started laughing out loud!  >:( What bad manners.

Who? Well, the sick and twisted will do. Probably they will come with an excuse of 'Dude, it's just a game' but if you ask me most people play this game according to how they are.
But I'm enough offtopic with that now. :)

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2011, 02:45:37 PM »
Getting close to Mid-life crisis, so if the hubby cheats, I'll make sure there's a funeral and have the wife (a party animal) party all night. A few best friends to jam.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2011, 10:03:47 AM »
In my first dynasty story, I had widow dancing on the grave of her dear husband only few hours after his death. One of her sons was ghost buster so I sent him to calm the spirit of his father and grandmother (something like that, I can't remember how is it named in game, but little spirits are out and Sim is sort of whispering to them until they dissapear), while his mother had a blast, along with many guests. What a funeral, everyone had a blast! was the message I got after each guest left the party. After that dancing part, everyone had a crazy drink so party only begin with that, but I never trow a funeral again, it just isn't right!

Leto85

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2011, 11:03:03 AM »
In my first dynasty story, I had widow dancing on the grave of her dear husband only few hours after his death. One of her sons was ghost buster so I sent him to calm the spirit of his father and grandmother (something like that, I can't remember how is it named in game, but little spirits are out and Sim is sort of whispering to them until they dissapear), while his mother had a blast, along with many guests. What a funeral, everyone had a blast! was the message I got after each guest left the party. After that dancing part, everyone had a crazy drink so party only begin with that, but I never trow a funeral again, it just isn't right!

I'm there with you. The way it makes a funeral 'fun' is something I don't feel comforable with. And yeah, yes it is a game, but still. Dancing on graves? Wow, I didn't even know EA would aloud something like that. It don't really feel 'T-for-teen' for me.

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2011, 11:44:01 AM »
Can you have party dancers at a funeral? That's how my sims would like to go! ;)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2011, 12:54:54 PM »
@Leto:

I don't think EA deliberately made it where Sims can dance on graves.  I'm sure it doesn't recognize that there's a tombstone next to the spot where the Sim is dancing.  It's just that Anushka was able to put the tombstone on the ground and commanded the Sim to dance nearby.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2011, 12:57:36 PM »
Can you have party dancers at a funeral? That's how my sims would like to go! ;)

I believe party dancers (NPC ones, not guests) only show up at bachelor/bachelorette party, actually. :-\
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Leto85

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2011, 11:36:31 AM »
@Leto:

I don't think EA deliberately made it where Sims can dance on graves.  I'm sure it doesn't recognize that there's a tombstone next to the spot where the Sim is dancing.  It's just that Anushka was able to put the tombstone on the ground and commanded the Sim to dance nearby.

Ow! Well, that is completely something else! Sorry EA.
(Anushka, you bad, bad girl!)

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2011, 11:55:31 AM »
Ow! Well, that is completely something else! Sorry EA.
(Anushka, you bad, bad girl!)

That update was called What a funeral, I had a blast. I didn't do that on purpose, it was the first (and last) time I try trowing funeral, and called over all the guests. Stereo was outside, someone turn it on, and everyone started dancing on their free will (set to high).
It look silly to justify myself here hehehe but my actual playstyle is limited to adventurers, lonely artists/outdoor Sims (fishing/gardening/collecting) and faithfull firemans/ghost hunters, rarely anything else, and never Master Romancer or Gold Digger. But Sims are funny sometimes on their free will!

Lovelife

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2011, 03:10:35 AM »
I just had 2 sims die at a funeral! Can you say irony? :D