Author Topic: Breaking into homes problem.  (Read 12467 times)

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
Breaking into homes problem.
« on: April 02, 2011, 06:46:30 AM »
When my PI gets a case that I have to go to a house and dust for prints if there is nobody home I try to break into the the house.
My PI picks the lock and opens the door then he tries to go home. If I cancel the go home action and send him into the house and click to object I need to dust he'll start dusting for prints but the action gets cancelled before he finishes and he tries to go home.
I was wondering if any else has had this problem or maybe I'm doing something wrong.
I've had this problem on several cases and end up waiting for the people to come home and get invited inside then I can dust for prints.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Breaking into homes problem.
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 06:49:21 AM »
Same thing happens in my game.  I even make sure their needs are in the green, nothing helps.  Maybe they get guilt feelings or something, lol.  Wonder if a sim with brave, adventurous and lucky traits would make a difference, probably not, but might be worth trying. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 09:34:21 AM »
Yep, this pretty much happens to me, too.  There have been times where I have been able to dust for prints in between attempts to go home, but those are very few and extremely far between.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline sydney511

• Occult
  • R.I.P. Edel - Jan. 14, 1996 - Jul. 02, 2011
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 03:18:00 PM »
Hm. I don't have this problem.

How many prints do you have to dust for? Before he leaves, pysh and make a queue of all the prints he needs to dust. Like if they need to dust two, pause and click them and put them in the action bar...sorry it's kind of hard to explain but hopefully you know what I mean. This might fix the problem since Sims usually don't cancel actions when there is a queue.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 01:14:17 PM »
In this case, they will cancel actions.  I think it's a conflict between two subroutines:  the one that allows you to break into a home when someone's not there and the one that makes your sim leave when the homeowners do.

This doesn't happen every time, but it does happen.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, 01:49:13 PM »
For me it happened every time I tried it.

I'm doing a Architect now and if I send him to a home to take measurements and no one is home sometimes the go home icon will pop there also but unlike the Private Eye it doesn't cancel out him taking measurements. He'll finish that before trying to go home.

When he gets done measuring I can cancel the go home action and start the job. So it's not a problem.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline soyrosalia

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 08:01:06 PM »
How do I break into a house?  My PI has the "Case of the Culinary Backstab" and the house she is supposed to dust prints in, when I click the orange house in map view, it says Ring bell, but it is greyed out, and says nobody lives there?  How do I cancel the case if I cant get it to work?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline soyrosalia

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2012, 08:11:42 PM »
ok figured out how to cancel it.  Is that what I should do, or am I missing something?

anything