Author Topic: Telephone stopped working  (Read 3947 times)

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
Telephone stopped working
« on: April 07, 2011, 02:31:58 PM »
I was going to have my sim make a call but when I click on the phone in his inventory I get a message saying No Interactions Available. This is a new one for me. Has anyone else had this problem and have a suggestion on resolving it?

I tried backing up to a earlier save but the phone is messed up there also. And I tried making a separate save and deleting the cache files but that didn't help either.

Edit:
Also just noticed when I click on someone in his friends list I get the same No Interactions Available message.
Just went in to buy mode a got a house phone and it works. So at least I can make calls that way. He just can't use his cell phone.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
Re: Telephone stopped working
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 06:29:22 PM »
Well I went out and renamed the backup save file and tried it and the phone is working phone is working there. So I guess I'll pick up from there and try it again and hope the phone don't break again. :)

Luckily the backup isn't to far behind my last save so I didn't lose to much. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 06:40:58 PM »
Glad you were able to fix the problem and save the game, Grimsoul.  Who knows why some of these strange glitches happen!

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 11:55:04 PM »
yeah, everything seams fine now. I've got the character back up to where he was before I noticed the problem so I only lost a couple hours with him.

I was just lucky the backup save was alright. I searched around on a few other boards and didn't find where anyone else had ran into this problem.

I don't know, Maybe the cell tower got hit by a meteor.  :)

Offline catlover

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 12:04:56 AM »
My legacy Sim had the same problem with his cell phone. The only difference is that when I clicked on the cell phone, the icon popped up and then like 2 seconds later would disappear. I never figured out what happened. He is the only Sim that this happened with. Glitches -  they are such a pain. 

I'm glad you caught yours early and can use the phone again.  ;D

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2011, 08:44:08 AM »
Yeah, I was lucky. I t happened one other time but once again I was able to go back the the backup save file the get it working again.
Sense then I been trying to get in a habit of saving every day when my sim gets out of bed. Sim gets up, check and see if the phone works then save. With 5 different save files going, save 1 - save 5 so I have several different saves I can go back to if something happens. :)

Which is saying something for me. I one of the worst about playing and playing and forgetting to save the game regularly. Sometimes I wish The Sims had an auto save like some of the other games I play do.

Offline catlover

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2011, 12:29:46 PM »
I think most of us have had to learn the hard way about saving often. I am doing the same as you and making several saves throughout my gameplay.

I noticed last night while playing that my Sim had an incoming call and I clicked for him to answer the call and to my surprise he was able to answer it and talk. The glitch is that he can not make calls from his phone.

My advise to anybody having a phone glitch is to make sure you have smoke and burglar alarms because my Sim had both events happen to him and he could not make calls for help. He has the brave trait so that helps out a little because he doesn't just freak out, he jumps in and puts out the fires and catches the burglars himself. By the time the fire dept. and the police show up the problem is solved.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2011, 03:46:32 PM »
I just had this happen to me the other day. Just after starting a new game.  I was trying to find a house to put my sim person in. And when I went to move her in to the house, I couldn't. I went to the phone and it said something like no interactions available. I was like huh?! Luckily, I had just saved my game beforehand. I quitted out, and started from the previous save.

So, yes... I'm totally with the - making several saves throughout the gameplay.

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline catlover

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2011, 12:17:33 AM »
My Sim is a happy guy again because for some odd reason his cell phone suddenly started working again! I can't believe this because at the time of my earlier post a week or so ago, his phone was still not working. Earlier today when his phone rang he answered it and I was really surprised to see him talking on it. For many months his phone has not worked at all.

One thing for sure about this game - always expect the unexpected!

anything