Author Topic: Sims Medieval runs much too slowly  (Read 7582 times)

Jenny-TS3

Sims Medieval runs much too slowly
« on: April 16, 2011, 12:58:39 PM »
My laptop goes above and beyond the system requirements, yet there is loads of lag -- The Sims 3 in comparison runs perfectly, and I've checked TSM system requirements and I cover them, I could have it twice as high and be okay -- Any ideas? Thanks

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: The game runs much too slowly
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 05:01:53 AM »
Have you done any clean up on your files and computer?  There's quite a lot of help on the Sims 3 Technical Help board.  In fact, I'm moving this topic to that board so you'll get better responses.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: Sims Medieval runs much too slowly
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 06:19:45 AM »
In fact, I've had similar problems, in that Medieval runs slower than Sims 3. Maybe you have too much stuff on it? I know I have more than I probably need on mine.

Offline Slingsby

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 07:13:27 AM »
"Curiouser and curiouser, said Alice" ... OK, I'm running a nice big iMac 24" desktop with a 2.8 GHz processor, 2 Gb of RAM and 4 Mb cache.  The graphics card has just 256 Mb of RAM, which is the area I would expect to have possible problems [my Alienware had liquid-cooled Quad graphics cards  ;D].

Anyway, I have absolutely zero trouble running TSM, whereas TS3 really gets bogged down sometimes. 

One thing I always do before playing either of them is quit any running programmes and clear browser history.  And of course ensure that all software is up to date, but then Apple does that automatically for all applications, printer drivers etc.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 09:29:03 AM »
Hmm. I only have problems with Sims 3 if I build very large houses, like the one I just spent 2 and a half hours on today. Yet, I have them all the time with Medieval. I'm sure it's only because I have more stuff on my computer than I should.

Offline Jonna

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 01:44:00 PM »
Are you near the end of your kingdom?  I find that usually when I have about 10 QP left, my game starts lagging.  Try starting a new kingdom and see if your game is still running slowly.  I think it might have to do with all the extra people and buildings.  But I don't know how to fix it.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2011, 02:03:20 PM »
Jonna it's that way for me also.  Game runs pretty well until I get toward the end of the ambition, then it's like in slo-mo.  Lots of lag and jerky movements, and I keep very little on my machine. I play offline and even have my antivirus turned off yet it gets really laggy.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2011, 04:05:44 PM »
For me, it's mostly only in Create a Sim or giving them a makeover and whatnot.

Offline Slingsby

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 07:49:30 AM »
@ Joria and Jonna ... my current kingdom is down to 4 QP left, it has all the buildings installed and the place is awash with people.  My Merchant has trouble selling stuff because his market area is full of people and he can't break into conversations or get to the stall ... but still no lag problem. 

I really wish I could think of something helpful to say.  Sorry  :(

anything