Author Topic: Stuff we don't need  (Read 17823 times)

Chuckles_82

Stuff we don't need
« on: April 18, 2011, 06:44:50 AM »
I was thinking it would be useful to have a list of stuff we definitely don't need (at this stage) so we can sell it without worrying that it's needed for a quest.
I haven't been able to find anything about the following items, so I'm hoping they are not needed for a quest. Some confirmation would be good though.

dead chinchilla
shiny stones
quartz
witch's hat
witch's broom
mounted grimstag trophy

I'll add to the list if I find more, and if they are needed for a quest, then perhaps we could also have a thread for items to keep for quests.

Cheers

Chuckles

Offline Missa

• Townie
Re: Stuff we don't need
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 11:43:47 AM »
I did a quest where my blacksmith had to go into the forest and catch a dire chincilla to perform sword sharpness tests on it. (can't remember the name)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deckayder

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 05:34:05 PM »
The dead dire chinchilla too!

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 12:25:27 AM »
wildflowers

Aside from the first quest at game start there's really no purpose for them that I've found.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 01:13:42 AM »
I'm not playing my physician at the moment, but I'm pretty sure you need wildflowers to make potions (according to the wikia).

http://thesimsmedieval.wikia.com/wiki/Crafting

I think Carl did have one, but it may be down for editing or something, or maybe it was the food recipes I was looking at.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 02:50:20 AM »
Wildflowers are used by those heros that make potions: physician, wizard, and spy. I know my physician definitely used wildflowers and I think my spy did too, I'd have to check that though.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 03:26:35 AM »
Yeah, spy uses them too.  I thought grass was going to be useless but all the potion makers pretty much use everything including some weird stuff.  The blacksmith also uses some strange things.  Like you have to have bear meat in your inventory to make bear armor.  With the blacksmith, and the spy, I discovered it was a good idea to have "ingredients" in my inventory as well as stocked on any apparatus I use.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Slingsby

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 05:31:04 AM »
Agreed with all the above ... collect everything you can!  Everything has a use somewhere, either on a crafting table or in recipes [although I haven't discovered a use for pond slime yet, I bet there is one!!].  Even the Market Trader can use wildflowers for trading with one of the other countries [I forget which one at the moment].  It only takes a few seconds while walking from A to B to stop and pick stuff and then move on.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 10:19:23 AM »
Anyone find a use yet for pond scum or toads?  They're the biproducts of leech gathering.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2011, 11:14:47 AM »
I'm sure one of the quests I've done required a freshwater toad at some point.  That's the only use I've ever seen for toads.  But pond scum has no use that I'm aware of.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

chadgar24

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2011, 12:59:30 PM »
Yeah....good topic.  I have the witch's hat and broom.  Is it a decor?  Or do you hand it off to your merchant to sell?

Offline Slingsby

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2011, 03:01:59 PM »
I think most Quest-related stuff just sits in your Sim's Inventory. 

I doubt very much it ever get used again, but just in case I leave it sitting there.

Offline Simmerqueen

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2011, 10:34:13 PM »
Anyone find a use yet for pond scum or toads? 
Believe it or not, they can be sold in the merchant's stall.  Once I was playing the merchant and the doctor together on a quest and the merchant needed to open her business as a responsibility.  She didn't have anything to sell right at that moment and couldn't open, so rather than shirk the responsibility I took the pond scum from the doctor's inventory and put it in her stall.  It sold for 2 simoles!   ;D

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2011, 12:14:00 AM »
That's hilarious.  I guess pond scum is more attractive that we think. ;D

The mounted trophies can be put on the walls as decorations.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2011, 06:33:31 AM »
What about magic crystals? Does anyone know a use for them? They sell for quite a lot, but I wouldn't want to sell them if I need them for a quest. When you're actually looking for something like that, you never seem to find it. I have spent FOREVER this evening going for strolls in the forest looking for the arcane edge and for mystic metal fragments!

anything