Author Topic: Stuff we don't need  (Read 17826 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Stuff we don't need
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2011, 09:34:14 PM »
I'm curious about the witch's hat and broom, too.  I've gotten it three times, but have never found a use for it.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2011, 03:15:34 PM »
What about magic crystals? Does anyone know a use for them? They sell for quite a lot, but I wouldn't want to sell them if I need them for a quest. When you're actually looking for something like that, you never seem to find it. I have spent FOREVER this evening going for strolls in the forest looking for the arcane edge and for mystic metal fragments!

Mystic metal fragments sometimes found in interactions patrolling anywhere.  Sometimes via mermaid encounters or battles with pirates at sea.  I got most of mine at sea but got one yesterday coming back from the shoppe.  Mmmm, think I got one battling the beast also.  I KNOW it's where I got the doomsday sword pieces but never both pieces with the same hero.

I wound up with two witches hats and brooms with one hero so sold off one of each.  Still no clue as to what they may or may not be useful for.  I do know there is a couple of items in buy mode that talk about them being a place to hold or display quest items.  Two wall shelves and a couple of bookcase looking things that are empty.  Haven't tried them though.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2011, 06:57:09 PM »
I tried them - no good for storing stuff :(

Kaliopae

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2011, 09:46:30 AM »

dead chinchilla
shiny stones
quartz
witch's hat
witch's broom
mounted grimstag trophy

Confirming that I have not yet found a use for any of these beyond selling, and I've played a lot. I have also found no use for Pond Scum, but Toads were required for something that I can't quite remember now.  Possibly Nurse With A Curse quest.

Chuck-chuck

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2011, 01:04:02 AM »
I was thinking it would be useful to have a list of stuff we definitely don't need (at this stage) so we can sell it without worrying that it's needed for a quest.
I haven't been able to find anything about the following items, so I'm hoping they are not needed for a quest. Some confirmation would be good though.

dead chinchilla
shiny stones
quartz
witch's hat
witch's broom
mounted grimstag trophy

I'll add to the list if I find more, and if they are needed for a quest, then perhaps we could also have a thread for items to keep for quests.

Cheers

Chuckles

well i looked through the responses and noticed no one had anything to say about the Grimstag Trophy, so i thought i would put my two cents out there. if u have it in your inventory you can just click and drag it onto a wall and it becomes a free item! i know it was pretty need when i found out too.

And for the shiny stones and quarts, they can be given to your trader to trade to Tictop for simoles. shine stones are worth 5 simoles and the quarts are worth 10.

The witches hat and broom i think can also be a free decoration item if you drag and drop it into the world, either that or the hat can at least be worn i would imagine. since i did get another hat from the Frgo quest which became a wearable item after i completed it.

Kaliopae

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2011, 10:14:25 AM »
Today I discovered that a single Shiny Stone is needed by the Blacksmith on the quest 'Cutting Edge'.

crabbandit

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2011, 04:52:39 AM »
How about the bag of truffles from the bounty hunt: boar quest? Can you do anything with them but sell?

Also the Live Chinchilla is a great decoration.

I can't wear the witch's hat, or place the hat or broom inworld from inventory. Only drops I could place were the chinchilla and the trophies.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.