Author Topic: Question re: Saving the Goth family to bin  (Read 4211 times)

Offline beardeux

• Occult
Question re: Saving the Goth family to bin
« on: September 27, 2014, 02:49:26 AM »
I always save every family and lot to the library bins using 'household with family', 'household only' and then I evict the family and save the lot to bin.  I do this routinely in case of glitches with either the lot or family.

I am wondering about the Goth family.  I have the 'household with house' saved.  So I can load that without repercussions.

But if I save just the lot and/or just the family, will the ghosts remain intact with the house.  Also if I placed the house on a lot and then the family separately into the house, would the family ties be broken.
Bear Deux
Take Care & Clear Skies
Nice things come in small packages.
Timing is everything.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: Question re: Saving the Goth family to bin
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 08:53:04 AM »
I'm moving this to Miscellaneous Help Board.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 03:13:45 AM »
Hi! When you copy your family to the bin/library, it only places a copy of them in there. They remain where they are in the hood. Only when you move them to a different hood is when family ties are broken.

Offline beardeux

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 08:37:32 AM »
Hi Sonshine,  I did copy the 'family with house' to the bin and started a new town, replaced the Goth family with my Goth family from the bin and all went well.  The relationships with the ghosts still existed.  I gave Gunther the social networking skill and was able to put the relationships to best friends without having to go through that again.  Most helpful skill.

I didn't test the other two save options though.  The household only and house only.  I do have the games backed up so I guess not having those extra safety copies to the bin won't hurt.
Bear Deux
Take Care & Clear Skies
Nice things come in small packages.
Timing is everything.

anything