Author Topic: Changing Family Name?  (Read 19209 times)

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
Changing Family Name?
« on: May 01, 2011, 08:38:41 AM »
Well, I don't know if what I'm reffering to is actually called the 'family name' but what it is is the little title that comes above the family photo when you are on the main menu of the game. It should have your family name on it? I hope you people know what I'm talking about.. Well, mine says 'Vieira' on it, which was my sim's last name before she got married. Now she's married, so I want to change the 'family name' thing up there to her new last name, which is also the last names of all her children. Is there any way I can change it? I am already aware you can change the actual sims names at the City Hall but I don't want to. I like their new last names better and also all our portraits around the house are named with their new last names. :(

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
Re: Changing Family Name?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 08:48:44 AM »
I believe you can change it via Edit Town. Or through the pop-up you get when moving.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 11:19:33 AM »
In Edit Town, click on your house/lot and select the edit button, I think it's on the far right in the screen the pops up about your family. Change the family/household name and hit save. I'm not sure of this actually changes the name on the Main Menu screen but I think so; it's been months since I've done this.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 11:23:38 AM »
I think you can change the Save's name by renaming the folder(s) in My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\. But it's dangerous, so I've never tried and can't say for sure. :-X
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 11:41:43 AM »
I shall try those options. Thank you very much. :)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 03:23:43 PM »
You can change the Household name through Moving or Edit Town. You have to change the Family name at City Hall.

Family Name is like Bob Smith. Household Name is like Bob Smith of the Artists Household. You can change a saved game just by doing Save As *New Name* then delete the old one or keep it as a back up.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 09:58:40 AM »
Yey! I've done it. Thankyou! :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.