Author Topic: The Moons of Jupiter: An Immortal Dynasty - COMPLETED! (The final chapter)  (Read 255132 times)

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
Great update! R.I.P Thornton!
I am very frustrated at the moment - my sims went to Egypt, and took forever to get to level 3 visa. I finally got it, and spent a whole day building the house. I saved it there, but had only made an earlier save quite a bit beforehand. Then they all went invisible and I couldn't get back home.
I tried everything, but in the end I had to go back to an earlier save. So I have to redo all the adventures in Egypt and rebuild the house.
That's so annoying when that happens!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
Welcome Leda and Arche! R.I.P. Thornton.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Phyre

• Occult
Such a sad and bleak contrast after all that happiness!

I can imagine the girls must be very upset that Thornton died. He had a wonderful life however; a wife, two daughters, in-laws and he even got to see his grandchildren become toddlers! I'm sure he went with Grim as a satisfied Elder.

Happy Birthday to the twins! They look very similar like someone already said! Similarly cute!

That adventure bug is indeed really annoying. Especially since you're more often than not left with zero inclination to repeat the whole proess again. I've had my game crash on me after making a lot of changes so many times now that I've become a true save-junkie. Every time I see that save button I press it, so to speak. Still, nothing prevents that occasional slip.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
Thanks everyone. After hours of play, I finally got the level 3 Visa back. I had to rebuild the house, but that's okay. I'll give you pictures of their Egyptian Vacation Home in a few updates time :)

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
Re: The Moons of Jupiter: An Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 23: Strange)
« Reply #244 on: June 02, 2011, 12:08:27 AM »
The next day called for four birthdays. We could have stayed at home, and hidden in sorrow, but we knew that dad wouldn’t have wanted that. He would have wanted us to keep going with our lives, as happily as we could.

We called over a few of our friends, to improve the mood of the house. First Cyllene and I blew out our candles. Then came the toddlers turn.

Cyllene decided that now was time for change. She switched jobs and became an architect. I’m sure she’ll be a fine designer – she’s already completed her lifetime wish of becoming a Visionary.

I’d already bought the kids clothes in their favourite colours, ready to use when they aged up.

Leda and Arche were fantastic students, polite and helpful at home and had no trouble making friends.

But there was something that bothered me. I hated to say it, but there seemed to be something wrong with them.
I was often out fishing before the kids are up and leaving for school, but I decided I wanted to spend a few days a week helping them get ready.
I was surprised to see both of them in their formal wear.
Chantal was over at the time and said that she often sees the kids entering the school in their formal wear, as though it was completely normal.

Another thing concerned me even more – after school, a friend of the family died before my children’s eyes. I was horrified to find this out, and immediately went to comfort them.
However, the first thing that Leda said to me is “Mum, when I grow up, I want to be the Emperor of Evil, and make sure everyone goes to the Grim Reaper!”.
I was speechless. I explained that killing people is not what good people do. She sighed an “Oh, fine…”. I prayed that she understood, as I tried to calm down the fast pace of my heart and thoughts. I knew she wasn’t evil, but what gave her that idea?

But that wasn’t the most concerning part. The two of them can be acting completely normal, but then suddenly trail off to a world of their own. They talk together, and then all of a sudden they turn away and continue a different conversation with themselves.

I hadn’t been a child for a long time now, so I wasn’t aware of whether the behaviour was considered normal or not, but I had a feeling that it was more on the strange side.

Chantal, oblivious to the fact that my children were talking to thin air, asked me to join her and Cyllene on a picnic. She said we both needed to get out of the house.
I couldn’t disagree there, so I quickly let James know that we’d be out for a while.

As it got dark, my phone began to ring. The school was doing a project on crocodiles, but they had one thing missing – an actual crocodile. They asked if I could help them out, and who was I to say no to another adventure?

As I travelled home, I thought of Dad. He loved us, and I knew that. He loved to see us smile; to hear us laugh. A smile appeared on my face at the thought of him, and my grief started to fade. I knew that Dad would be watching over me, smiling too.
We were all going away, and we were all going to be happy once again. I could feel it in my heart.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Authors Note: When Leda saw  Jared Frio die, she really did roll the wish to be the Emperor of Evil. Who knows what's going on in her little Sim mind!

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #245 on: June 02, 2011, 12:55:23 AM »
Awesome update! Let me guess, Imaginary Friends?  ;D they tend to make kids look insane haha. Happy birthday everyone! That wish is weird for a child!  ;D

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #246 on: June 02, 2011, 01:53:57 AM »
I don't have Generations yet, so it's not Imaginary Friends from there :P
And yes, it was a very strange wish for a kid, especially one that doesn't have the evil trait.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #247 on: June 02, 2011, 02:50:16 AM »
Woo! Things are getting complicated! Little Leda resembles her great-grandmother Luna Copernicus. ;)
Awesome update!
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #248 on: June 02, 2011, 07:32:26 AM »
There's nothing wrong with a little evil emperor going on.   I love the faces of insane children.  Happy Birthday to both sets of twins!
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #249 on: June 03, 2011, 03:54:32 AM »
No, there's nothing wrong with a little evil emperor... but when they get the wish after seeing a friend die, that may be a little concerning :D

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
Re: The Moons of Jupiter: An Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 24: Al Simhara)
« Reply #250 on: June 03, 2011, 03:56:26 AM »
Our trip in Egypt was fast paced, but well worth it.

Friends were made…

Love was felt…

New things were tried…

And, of course, adventures were to be had!

For the most part, mum tagged along with me on the adventures. After her experience in China, she wanted to try it out again. Unfortunately, being old, she couldn’t keep up with me and had to retire back to the Base Camp to play games with Cyllene, James and the kids.

Although adventuring was thrilling, there were certainly some misfortunes that came with it.

All in all, adventuring was exciting and well-worth the time. I also increased my Visa to level 3. Seeing as Cyllene had recently switched to the architecture job, she designed the house and helped the builders to build it.

Once we had the house built, James and Cyllene settled the kids down by tutoring them in painting. Cyllene also helped Arche with photography – he’s already a level 10!

Our short trip was almost over when I remembered something – the whole purpose of the trip. I’d forgotten to catch a crocodile!
I rushed to the closest body of water and quickly cast out my line. Luckily for me, I was a skilled fisherwoman. I managed to catch a perfect crocodile within an hour of arriving at the river.

With that in my bag, I headed back to our vacation home and got the others organised. As much as I didn’t want to, I said goodbye to Egypt. I knew we’d return again.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #251 on: June 03, 2011, 04:03:04 AM »
Here are some pictures of the Egyptian vacation home.

The front, and floor plan (it’s two storeys). I changed the top floor around a bit, adding more rugs and things:

The bedrooms (there’s four of them, but three are the same):

One of the bathrooms and the lounge room (There’s no pictures on the walls yet, but I’m getting Cyllene, Leda and Arche to paint some, so that’ll look a bit better soon):

The kitchen and the dining area (again, I’m painting pictures at the moment to hang up in there):

And finally, the upper deck:

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #252 on: June 03, 2011, 04:21:19 AM »
I love the triple diamond pools on the deck, those are really pretty!

The whole house is very warm and natural looking, though it will definitely look better with some fine Sim art put up, like you're planning  ;)
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Offline IflanaNifi

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #253 on: June 03, 2011, 04:23:50 AM »
I love the design in the vacation home. When you go on vacations do you usually have a few sims stay at the vacation home and work on skills?

Offline Phyre

• Occult
« Reply #254 on: June 03, 2011, 05:15:13 AM »
The vacation home looks lovely Alexandria! I love how it's so consistently Egyptian, outside as well as inside.

Those little ponds on the balcony (not exactly sure what it are, fountains or pools) look absolutely stunning! Really fantastic idea, sort of a little oasis in the sand.

Congratulations to Arche on maxing Photography; you gotta love the speed at which you can learn the skill. On the other hand, it does require you to be busy with that sim the entire time!

anything