Author Topic: Problem starting the game  (Read 2892 times)

Offline annieb

• Llama Wrangler
Problem starting the game
« on: January 16, 2010, 06:54:50 PM »
Just to first give you some background, I am using a Macbook with Snow Leopard installed. I have Sims 3 base game and World Adventures. All my patches are up to date. All my extra content comes from the Sims 3 store.

When I start my game all goes well until it gets to the screen where you can pick the family you want to play, then the message comes up, "We are unable to verify that your disc is a valid copy of The Sims 3 World Adventures. Please contact customer service." After that the game shuts down. If I go ahead and reload the game right after that it has no problems. So I can get into the game, but it takes two tries for it to work. I think its a patch problem because it never happened until after I got one of the World Adventure patches.

Any ideas of things I could do to fix this? It's not a huge issue since I can still play, but it does get annoying.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Problem starting the game
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 06:58:33 PM »
I'm on a new iMac and I've gotten that message as well — thankfully not in a while. Try this: Open Utilities > Disc Utility > Repair Permissions and click repair. See if that helps.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline annieb

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 11:22:18 PM »
I tried it but it didn't work. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 06:59:22 AM »
Hmmm....I just wish I knew what else to suggest. I use to get that message quite a bit, but I don't anymore. You mentioned you're patched up to EA's latest patch, so that was the only other thing I was thinking about. I can't imagine defragging a hard drive having anything to do with this issue, but I did do that (iDefrag by Coreolis) a week ago and had not done that in quite a while.