Author Topic: Did I Lose Everything?  (Read 2514 times)

lovergirl

Did I Lose Everything?
« on: January 22, 2010, 03:13:28 PM »
Hello.

I have a problem. A BIG PROBLEM. Each time when i create a family, after a playing week, it shows me some error and i lose the family. Each time, i understand the situation but now i got angry cause i played a lot and im at third generation and i fully explored all egypt [all pyramids and tombs. yes, i said in another topic that im afraid of mummies but now i beat my fear and i like them lol ). If i can't remedy the situation, i would not start all over again. I am so tired. That would be 4th family i've lost and im really upset.
Thanks for reading and if you have some advice, i would be glad.

LoveR Girl

Here are the pictures.

Offline The Illuminator

• Occult
  • Illumination now with energy saving light bulbs!
Re: did i lost everything?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 03:19:07 PM »
My neighbour also had this and it sounds like a bug. But since she downloaded the latest patch and installed World Adventuers it was gone. Are you sure no 'serious errors' have occured before? Please give me some more information so I may find out what to do.
Le mot impossible n'est pas Francais

The word "impossible" is not French

- Napoleon Bonaparte -

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

lovergirl

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 03:35:33 PM »
Simply, i was playing when my computer became so slowly (imagine of game became colored , if you understand ) i saved and closed the game. I restarted the computer and entered again .
Maybe i used cheats "testingcheatsenabled true" but only for motives and teleport. Is that the problem ?

sry for bad english . i cant explain in another way

Offline The Illuminator

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 03:37:12 PM »
Possibly, but I don't think so. I asked my neighbour and she never used cheats before this happened. What if you look in you saved files and look for something weird? While you're busy I would make a backup of the files that are still intact. If we can't find the problem, I would re-install and play with you back-up files until we found the problem, because my neighbour told me it occured again after she re-installed...

- Napoleon Bonaparte -

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
Re: Did I Lose Everything?
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 05:23:45 PM »
Similar things occured to myself when I'd recently installed the game a long while back. That was due to that I was always troubled by save error 13 and 12, which resulted in corrupt save files. The game keeps its own backup, so have you checked if you can use the save file second to last? I was able to play really long on backup systems before I solved my problems.
Save error 13 stopped for me for unknown reasons, and I think I mentioned in a nereby thread how to minimise the save error 12s.

PS. I always have testingcheatsenabled true going (almost never use it, but if I want to I wish it to be close at hand), and I do not believe that is the problem. It seems so much more stable than its equivalent in sims 2.
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline The Illuminator

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 04:04:14 AM »
I would make some back-ups now to make sure you'll not lose more files. The error can be solved by just waiting, although I used to think that EA fixed those kinds of save errors in one of their patches...

- Napoleon Bonaparte -

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 06:58:14 AM »
Only save error 16 has been explicitly considered in one of the current patches. I'm still getting SE 12s now and then.
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.