Author Topic: Custom music guide  (Read 17927 times)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Custom music guide
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2011, 02:20:20 PM »
I tried using a free mp3 converter, it worked great, but there was, like little messages in the songs and it was annoying.  So I removed them.  I never even thought that when you ripped music, that it was not in mp3 form.  When I get moved, I will try it again, or maybe just do what Pam does and get them from Amazon. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2011, 10:40:54 PM »
I wouldn't recommend a free converter.  If it was able to put messages into Salty's songs, it was also probably able to install malware and/or viruses on her computer.  Depending on how long ago that was and what you've done since then, Salty, you should do a thorough scan of your computer soon.

I'm sure there are ways to convert files to .mp3, but I haven't uncovered them on my computer.  If anyone has specific instructions on how to do so, we'd love for you to share!  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2011, 01:42:46 AM »
That is why I uninstalled it.  Of course, that is just the companies way of wanting you to purchase their product.  It worked great and there are some great products that you can purchase to convert these files, but I really didn't feel like paying $30 a year for just a few songs and Pam's right, you never know what problems you can encounter. :)

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2011, 01:53:19 AM »
I have yet to test this, but you can apparantly do it in Windows Media Player.

If you open Media Player, then add the required song to Now Playing (your playlist) then you can:
1. Click File>Save as
2. When you are prompted to enter a name, type and location, name it, then, for the File Type, simply select mp3 from the drop-down list. (E.G, for "I can't help falling in Love with you" by Elvis, you might name it "lovesong.mp3"). Remember to enter a location.
Let me know if you run into problems and I'll check it out. :)

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2011, 04:36:40 AM »
I have yet to test this, but you can apparantly do it in Windows Media Player.

If you open Media Player, then add the required song to Now Playing (your playlist) then you can:
1. Click File>Save as
2. When you are prompted to enter a name, type and location, name it, then, for the File Type, simply select mp3 from the drop-down list. (E.G, for "I can't help falling in Love with you" by Elvis, you might name it "lovesong.mp3"). Remember to enter a location.
Let me know if you run into problems and I'll check it out. :)

I have just tested this method and it worked.
You can automatically rip files from a CD in .mp3 format using Windows Media Player 11 by changing a few settings. The step to step process:
1. Open Windows Media Player.
2. Insert your CD.
3. Click the "down arrow" under the "Rip" tab.
4. Under Rip Settings, there is an option titled Format.
5. Open the list of formats and select .mp3.
6. Start ripping, then check the folder you chose to put ripped files into, the song in .mp3 format should be there.
Hope that helped. :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2011, 11:51:06 AM »
My files from media player have the artist name and the album they came from. I'm wondering how much custom music is allowed? Have tons of CDs!

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2011, 02:50:29 PM »
I went to Amazon and opened an account where I can just buy the songs that I want to listen to.  I put them in my game and that is so neat.  Thanks Pam, I never even thought about that.  I can afford a dollar here and there, it was only .99, depending on what song you want.  Amazon even has some free ones, but they just go on their own playlist and I can't really download them anywhere.  When I went into my game, those songs sounded great.  Yay ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.