Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 650556 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #1050 on: April 16, 2012, 07:41:14 AM »
I think I'll go back to the previous save. She's only a teen there, but I'm nervous about what other glitches might appear.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Upinde_wa_Mvua

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1051 on: April 16, 2012, 07:12:32 PM »
My heir accidentally got an extra day in the baby stage; it's a long story, but is that okay?

The long story: I forgot that it was his and his twin's birthday, and they were in a locked room in their swings, so nobody could get them out and put them on the floor until the next morning. Heh, maybe the story wasn't that long. Still, do I have to start over now, or is that alright?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1052 on: April 17, 2012, 02:23:20 AM »
My heir accidentally got an extra day in the baby stage; it's a long story, but is that okay?

The long story: I forgot that it was his and his twin's birthday, and they were in a locked room in their swings, so nobody could get them out and put them on the floor until the next morning. Heh, maybe the story wasn't that long. Still, do I have to start over now, or is that alright?

It will have to be Metro's call, but it wasn't a bug or a technical issue.  Deliberately locking out adults and forgetting it's a birthday is a player mistake.  If you're not going for Hall of Fame, it's ok.  But if you are, you might be looking at a restart.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1053 on: April 17, 2012, 06:10:48 AM »
It will have to be Metro's call, but it wasn't a bug or a technical issue.  Deliberately locking out adults and forgetting it's a birthday is a player mistake.  If you're not going for Hall of Fame, it's ok.  But if you are, you might be looking at a restart.

Yeah, I hate to be a meanie, but if I let this slide, then every player who messes up one time would then need to automatically be given a free pass. So, I agree with Pam — it was player error. @Upinde — if you are going for the HOF, then it's a restart.

Offline Upinde_wa_Mvua

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1054 on: April 17, 2012, 01:19:05 PM »
Yeah, I hate to be a meanie, but if I let this slide, then every player who messes up one time would then need to automatically be given a free pass. So, I agree with Pam — it was player error. @Upinde — if you are going for the HOF, then it's a restart.

As this is only the first generation heir and they're currently toddlers, and only one has learned one toddler skill, I'm just glad it didn't happen later. ::) Thanks for the clarification!

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #1055 on: April 19, 2012, 01:35:42 PM »
Okay, question. Sorry if this has been asked before but I'm in a rush to start. Can the "Founder" (if that's the proper term) move in with his/her spouse rather than the other way round? I want to have Marc Brandt marry Julienne Knack because 1) She's rich and lives in a huge house 2) she's so easy to woo, what with being a Flirty Snob and all as opposed to 3) Marc having Commitment Issues, so I'd rather not try to woo him and 4) Good old Nick and Pattina are nice and old so they can easily provide the tombstone requirement without me having to lose my beloved Marc and Julienne. So would it be okay for Marc to woo Julienne and move in with her, or since I'm starting with him does she have to be the one that moves in?
EDIT: I was reading this thread and realised I couldn't have Julienne woo Marc if I wanted to, since the Knacks are not allowed under the "couple with no chldren" rule. Just as well.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #1056 on: April 20, 2012, 01:00:02 AM »
Okay, question. Sorry if this has been asked before but I'm in a rush to start. Can the "Founder" (if that's the proper term) move in with his/her spouse rather than the other way round? I want to have Marc Brandt marry Julienne Knack because 1) She's rich and lives in a huge house 2) she's so easy to woo, what with being a Flirty Snob and all as opposed to 3) Marc having Commitment Issues, so I'd rather not try to woo him and 4) Good old Nick and Pattina are nice and old so they can easily provide the tombstone requirement without me having to lose my beloved Marc and Julienne. So would it be okay for Marc to woo Julienne and move in with her, or since I'm starting with him does she have to be the one that moves in?

I don't see anything in the rules that would specifically prevent this.  However, you might want to wait for Metro to rule on it because I don't think it's come up before now.

Also, keep in mind that the tombstone must be a medium or large size.  The elders may not have enough time to earn enough happiness points to get one that's large enough for the moving requirements.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #1057 on: April 20, 2012, 02:38:26 AM »
I don't see anything in the rules that would specifically prevent this.  However, you might want to wait for Metro to rule on it because I don't think it's come up before now.

Also, keep in mind that the tombstone must be a medium or large size.  The elders may not have enough time to earn enough happiness points to get one that's large enough for the moving requirements.

Thank you for your response! I have decided to create a save file just before they get married that I can later return to in case I need to adjust my strategy. Just to be on the safe side.
Thanks also for the good point about tombstones. As it turns out, Pattina and Nick are not elders but Adults, which should give them plenty of time, especially as Nick's LTW is to reach the top of a career in which he is already level 6. Pattina's, however, will need changing as she has Home Design Hotshot, which we know to be quite bugged. As she is already a Natural Cook, Artistic, and Charismatic, I think Renaissance Sim should suit her well :)
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

AdnaanA

« Reply #1058 on: April 28, 2012, 06:27:40 PM »
metro can the starting couple and the heir's spouses extend their lives

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1059 on: April 28, 2012, 06:44:28 PM »
The only person who cannot extend their life is the current heir. So once an heir is born a founder, previous heir,spouse and or spare can extend their lives.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #1060 on: April 29, 2012, 12:47:19 AM »
metro can the starting couple and the heir's spouses extend their lives

From the rules on page one:

1. Anything that lengthens life for heirs is forbidden—eating Life Fruit, Ambrosia, make-overs, tattoos, plastic surgery and drinking from Leon's Fountain of Youth (Hidden Springs). Non-heirs have no life-extending restrictions. Once your firstborn makes an appearance and becomes the active heir, you’re free to extend the life of the former heir.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

AdnaanA

« Reply #1061 on: April 29, 2012, 07:57:05 AM »
So basically that is a yes

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #1062 on: April 29, 2012, 08:50:45 AM »
So basically that is a yes

It is indeed a yes.  And all you had to do to find the answer was read the rules on the first page.  It's all there in one nice, tidy page.  Before asking all these questions, I suggest you read through the rules enough to make sure you understand them completely.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

AdnaanA

« Reply #1063 on: May 02, 2012, 03:24:02 PM »
I'm playing the Dreamweaver household, and because Bubblegum has 2 days till YA can I use her as my founder, playing in UC.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1064 on: May 02, 2012, 09:49:37 PM »
I'm playing the Dreamweaver household, and because Bubblegum has 2 days till YA can I use her as my founder, playing in UC.

Well this is from the general rules:
2. Choose a pre-made townie family with no children from any unaltered EA designed neighborhood.

So someone who is a teen is not a family without kids, so I would say no you can't use her.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum